Forum Settings
Forums

What series did you randomly start watching that completely blew you expectations?

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Nov 13, 2018 10:32 PM

probably Flip Flappers. The story was very confusing and I didn't understand what's happening in it, but I learned to appreciate it.

Nov 14, 2018 4:32 AM

i started watching sora yori mo tooi basho randomly when i started watching seasonal anime in this years winter season and it blew my expectations completely. i gave it a 10/10 and it’s one of my favorites now (i haven’t seen much yet though :[)

Nov 22, 2018 6:15 PM

It's Silver Spoon for me. I never thought an anime about agriculture can be so good. Probably one of the best sol I've watched.

i'm awesome right?!
fight me!!

Nov 22, 2018 6:23 PM
Yuuupie said:
Ergo Proxy for me. I saw one good artwork of it and decided to look into it. Couldn't find much on it online so decided to just go by the 3 episode trial tactic. Before I knew it I was hooked and finished it in one sitting.

Don't think Ergo Proxy is everyone's cup of tea, but it's one of my favourites and is the best example of me going from not knowing anything about it to 10/10.

<3 Ergo Proxy <3 Finished it yesterday. What a show! I read the review but wasn't really expecting much until I got hooked.

Nov 22, 2018 6:27 PM

HunterxHunter. When I watched the first episode I dropped it right afterwards because I was certain that it was just going to be just a regular hybebeast shounen anime. My best friend who had watched the anime with me continued where I stopped and began to tell me how wrong I had been. I went into the series expecting to roll my eyes, but man...my assumptions got blasted out of the water. I had no idea what I was getting into and now its one of my favorite anime hands down.

Nov 22, 2018 6:53 PM

Definitely seishun buta yarou
Tbh i came for the bunny girl but stayed for the plot. Best anime this season imo.

Nov 22, 2018 10:51 PM

Berserk, no matter how many times i watched the third movie i always speechless in awe

Nov 23, 2018 11:03 AM

Chobits, didn't really know much going in, but I loved it even with some of the goofy ecchi moments and filler, because the back half of the series got into some interesting existential themes about man and machine, sentience, and the nature of emotions. It retrospectively made me fall in love with Steven Spielberg's A.I. as well, as I had passed it over when it was initially released. As a prolific faneditor I have contemplated skimming out the filler in Chobits and tweaking the narrative to make it abridged, taking some cues from A.I.'s narrative, even got a sweet title in mind for this little editing experiment.

Nov 23, 2018 10:42 PM

probably Hunter x Hunter

also Madoka Magica
Brigadoon
Gatchaman Crowds

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]