Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 10, 2018 12:45 PM

Oct 2017
From what I see from episode 6 PV, they skip from volume 4 right to volume 12, not only eliminating all the character arcs (all of them are very good actually)/all the circus related part, they also eliminate the proper build up for a new key setting/ world building that're supposed be introduced in volume 7 of manga, as well as skipping important flashback.
They also change the role of certain character that're not suppose to do certain action, resulting in anime original alteration that may ruin the characterization of certain character.

From episode 6, there'd be alot of wtf moments for anime only fanbase cuz they'd introduce alot of new setting/ concepts very quickly without proper build up. I strongly recommend people to just binge the manga up to volume 12 before watching episode 6 or you'd lose so many good parts with lots of emotional parts too.

Prepare for the worst..

Nov 12, 2018 5:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wait, what? Are you serious?
Skipping through 7-8 volumes just like that will surely worsen the experience in the long run at least if not right away. I really they hope they at least skim through them all with some proper direction within this episode before moving on to the ‘butchering’ of the adaption.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 12, 2018 5:55 AM

Oct 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Skipping through 7-8 volumes just like that will surely worsen the experience in the long run at least if not right away. I really they hope they at least skim through them all with some proper direction within this episode before moving on to the ‘butchering’ of the adaption.

I cannot stress how depressed I am when I see this ep 6 PV.
It was a big wtf moment for me even when I already anticipated the worst, but then the result is even more shocking than my worst expectation, it's beyond redeemable.

One of the key moments of the manga ruined because there were no build up which is vol 7~9 .
I was originally anticipating this episode to be at episode 12, not episode 6..

For those who don't understand why I'm shock, imagine in Naruto, after they become ninja, they skip Zabuza arc and jump straight to chunin exam.
Now I think you can understand why fans are mad.
Ventus_SNov 12, 2018 6:04 AM
Nov 12, 2018 7:04 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Ventus_S said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

I cannot stress how depressed I am when I see this ep 6 PV.
It was a big wtf moment for me even when I already anticipated the worst, but then the result is even more shocking than my worst expectation, it's beyond redeemable.

One of the key moments of the manga ruined because there were no build up which is vol 7~9 .
I was originally anticipating this episode to be at episode 12, not episode 6..

For those who don't understand why I'm shock, imagine in Naruto, after they become ninja, they skip Zabuza arc and jump straight to chunin exam.
Now I think you can understand why fans are mad.

Well, that sounds very disastrous! I really hope they at least get around to these volumes in some way, if possible.
Skipping the Zabuza arc and jumping right into the Chuunin Exam arc would make the journey far less impactful and less enjoyable. I think I’d be really mad if this Episode 6 won’t make sense to me. It’s been such a phenomenal show so far!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 12, 2018 10:19 AM
Sep 2016
Maybe they adapt hole thing in ova or ona beacause the stuff is pretty good actually
Nov 15, 2018 11:23 AM

Jul 2015
Maybe they are just not going with chronological order.
Some adaptations went with that and it worked pretty well.

Nov 16, 2018 4:22 AM
Jan 2015
It didn't seem bad to me at all
I like how the anime is going even though it's changing things in the manga
They may even be considered improvements in some cases
Nov 16, 2018 10:42 AM

Oct 2017
Mralabbad said:

It's far from improvement though.

Already watched ep6, and I were disappointed for sure.

During manga, all the events added up leading up to this episode, plus the overall execution of source material is way better..

Sigh, it went from "exceptional" to "it's alright" which is a serious downgrade..
Anime only fans probably wouldn't understand, oh well..
PS: Also if you read the whole source material you'd be mad at them changing GIi's personality / role in this episode because base on Giis backstory, he'd never did something like that to children....
Nov 16, 2018 10:49 AM
Jan 2015
Ventus_S said:
Mralabbad said:

It's far from improvement though.

Already watched ep6, and I were disappointed for sure.

During manga, all the events added up leading up to this episode, plus the overall execution of source material is way better..

Sigh, it went from "exceptional" to "it's alright" which is a serious downgrade..
Anime only fans probably wouldn't understand, oh well..
PS: Also if you read the whole source material you'd be mad at them changing GIi's personality / role in this episode because base on Giis backstory, he'd never did something like that to children....

Yes and i don't want to understand
I know the feeling though...it sucks sooo bad!
I don't think i'll ever read the manga for this
So just please let me enjoy this while i can 😂😂😂😂
Nov 16, 2018 4:37 PM

Apr 2008
Mralabbad said:

The problem is the number of ep for the anime(39 ep for 40 vol and more is the impossible). I know they would not adapt all the material. They will try adapt the essantial, but they cut some some very good moment. The arc of Lucile was so badass.

Lucile is the more badass old woman you will never see ever.

They make the same thing with Ushio and Tora. Some arc was cut too.
Nov 16, 2018 5:31 PM
Jan 2015
KiraYoshikage said:
Mralabbad said:

The problem is the number of ep for the anime(39 ep for 40 vol and more is the impossible). I know they would not adapt all the material. They will try adapt the essantial, but they cut some some very good moment. The arc of Lucile was so badass.

Lucile is the more badass old woman you will never see ever.

They make the same thing with Ushio and Tora. Some arc was cut too.

What can you do but enjoy what you got though😅😂
Nov 17, 2018 9:17 AM

Apr 2010
The mangaka is working with the studio n what to omit and keep, so if they skipped this much it was probably their idea.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2019

51 by ohnaur »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2019

26 by ohnaur »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:34 AM

» Was it well received in japan?

SinDrake - Nov 15, 2023

3 by SinDrake »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2019

20 by DANIELLL224 »»
Oct 16, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2019

22 by Dawizz »»
Aug 17, 2023 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.