Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 10, 2018 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
Goblin Slayer is so OP, he went beyond and appeared in CG in this scene:

Also, Sword Maiden is fawkin' hawt. I bet she's good at handling all kinds of swords. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LOL at GS saying that the giant croc wasn't a goblin and elf girl being the straight man in the series but still bantering with the dwarf. I love the unexpected comedy.
臭い-
Nov 11, 2018 12:09 AM

Sep 2017
Damn Goblin Slayer kicked some serious ass . Bruh looked like he learned instant transmission from Goku (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
Nov 11, 2018 12:34 AM

Oct 2007
I like it. Action-packed episode. "Goblin boats", sounds like a ride in a theme park. Also HEA wants to feed dwarf to the croc. :D

They go to the temple, meet the archbishop... but they have to sit on the floor? Not a single chair in that rich looking building?

The hero girl looks like Haruhi Suzumiya.
Liddo-kunNov 11, 2018 12:52 AM
Nov 11, 2018 12:39 AM

Feb 2014
The Sword Maiden's look kinda reminded me of Nier Automata's 2B, but other than that comparison, she was pretty nice to Goblin Slayer's group, although Goblin Slayer still spoke to her bluntly, as usual, lol.

The second half of the episode within the sewer system was thrilling. It had plenty of good quality animation that I hope we see again for the rest of the series and, of course, goblins on the ships, with one dressed like a pirate, was amusing as hell.

Still, the sewer alligator did a good chunk of the killing too and it was a smart move of the group to use the light to draw the goblins to the alligator, for guaranteed certain death. =)

However, despite their good success, the source of the goblins in the sewer remains and one of them looks to be huge, just like the orge from before. I hope Goblin Slayer and his comrades fight that huge goblin next week. =D
Nov 11, 2018 1:34 AM

Sep 2018
The first part, as far as I'm concerned, could not include it, however, I liked the narrative, even if the fanservice starts to give me on the nerves and the secondary characters are a bit too quiet and joking if we consider the attitude of the main character. Too bad that the quality of the drawings and backgrounds are so mediocre.
Nov 11, 2018 1:56 AM
Mar 2018
HeroicHealer said:
There's so much CG used for Goblin Slayer, I mean there's tons of areas which I can take screenshots of to show where they've been using 3D CG, the animators are either lazy/tired or the 3D department wanted some part in this.

Overall the series is okay, I guess. Other characters are normally drawn, so it's pretty fine.
To be fair though, GS’s armor is pretty hard to draw and animate. They would have to put in a tremendous amount of effort, even just for the more trivial scenes. I honestly think as long as the CG is only used for non-action scenes, it would not necessarily ruin the experience. And so far, pretty much every action scene has been entirely handrawn so far.
Nov 11, 2018 2:17 AM
Sep 2018
This is probably the best episode so far with the surprise introduction of the hero
I doubt her holy sword could wipe out a army of demon lord though the newbie sword dude from last episode probably exaggerated his story, but I do wonder how strong she is and how does her group compare to Goblin Slayers?

Overall in this episode there was some comedic moments with Goblin Slayer and the banter between the party members during the fight and we see how strong Priestess resolve is on trusting Goblin Slayer and her admiration for him. We also got to see how experienced Archer is with her strong sense of perception of the enemy and 2000 year archery skills, like knowing which bow and arrow is strong or weak (She almost got arrowed but luckily priestess saved her) and how GS found a new strategy with his knowledge of goblins being lured by light of adventurers to draw the giant alligator to their goblin pirate boat.

About prohibiting the use of poison, fire etc in the fight. They probably don't want to cause damage or harm to the sewers and water supply because above them is a populous city so they don't wanna cause commotion to the innocents living their daily lives and not only that u should only save your important spells for the stronger monsters and because Elf wants Goblin Slayer to experience a normal adventure of just having fun and not taking everything too seriously.

CheezewhizNov 11, 2018 2:28 AM
Nov 11, 2018 2:34 AM
Aug 2016
The series is improving, but the hints/references/shots of rape every episode are an eye-roll. I couldn't care less about rape being in the anime overall, I'm not offended by it, but jeez, you don't need to remind us of it every episode. It's as if rape is a selling point of this series huh.....
Nov 11, 2018 3:11 AM
Jan 2016
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Will someone please remind me why the side characters are prohibiting Goblin Slayer from using fire/water/poison? Or are these limitations being used for no reason besides plot purposes to make things "more challenging?"

It's not explained very well, but basically all three methods that they've witnessed (poison is actually part of an adventure they skipped/reshuffled to later episode) has a high potential for collateral damage; GS has demonstrated that he has very little concern for his own well-being as long as goblins are killed, so they're worried that lack of concern and his indiscriminate use of AoE attacks will eventually bite them all in the ass.

That's also why the dwarf seriously thought GS wanted to bring the town above down on a single goblin ship.
Nov 11, 2018 4:51 AM

Nov 2018
Holy shit. Goblin Slayer legit gives no fucks about anything but goblins. This man has to be the most souless character I've seen since I watched Black Clover. He was triggering everybody this week lol.

I like whenever we get close-ups on high elf and the priestess lips. I'm sure others noticed that.
Nov 11, 2018 5:30 AM
Mar 2018
HeroicHealer said:
Tentaman said:

To be fair though, GS’s armor is pretty hard to draw and animate. They would have to put in a tremendous amount of effort, even just for the more trivial scenes. I honestly think as long as the CG is only used for non-action scenes, it would not necessarily ruin the experience. And so far, pretty much every action scene has been entirely handrawn so far.

I do agree that drawing and animating it can be very hard, but I wouldn't have cared if the 3D CG was being applied to a mecha (robot) series - because drawing those becomes very, very difficult. Compare this to that and it becomes nothing but an excuse to do cheap animation.

Take another perspective, you having a subscription for your anime viewing only to realize that the content you're watching is poorly made, with cheap tricks to just quickly animate it, requiring no passion or effort in making the series more appealing. Just completely bland animation, would you be satisfied if you've bought such a series as a personal DVD?

I'm guessing, nope, you won't feel happy. You'd feel cheated and used. If I wanted 3D in anime I would have shifted to watching Knights of Sidonia, Berserk (3D versions), RWBY. Those are pre-designed, sculpted, extrusion adjustments, textured via texture mapping and rigged models, along with simple lighting and camera adjustments. All the 3D animator has to do is move them with your mouse and the computer calculates the position, lighting, movement and camera pane. As in requiring no effort, it's a cheap trick. Check out Tomo-News they churn out videos in amazing speeds, it's the quickest method versus 2D. There's like tons of 3D pre-designed object libraries, it's an entire easy shortcut.

Compare that to 2D and you'll only realize that there is a lot of effort. That's where true animation is, now think about someone spending cash on that and you'll realize that it's one of a kind, drawn by a human's intricate hand with a specific signature art design. Now that's called passion.

I mean he's been a 3D-CG character the whole time. LOL.

Also Goblin Slayer is kinda becoming a dull character, all he thinks about is "Goblins", "Goblins" and "Goblins" it's really getting annoying, he
has no personality of his own, the character has no individuality. I mean what was the author thinking when he was writing this, like "rape" it needs
more rape! Rape makes the plot interesting! Even in there was no rape in the episode, it still does a lousy job at being an appealing series. I was
hoping the art or animation would be good, but they switch the MC with a 3D rendered rigged object.

The only good thing about this anime series is that Sword Maiden.

Only problem is it's used in about 70% of the scenes for example in this episode here are all the scenes where it's used continuously:

Berserk 2017's CG is shit though. While I agree that at times it may seem lazy, what I honestly think is that they are saving money for the really good fights. If you read the source material, you'll know what I mean. The fights so far have been quite minor compared to the upcoming ones. And yes GS and the rest of the cast is pretty dull. This isn't a deep anime mind you, its just an anime about a man slaying Goblins, nothing more nothing less. However, GS single-mindedness is entirely subjective. Some people find it hilarious and funny while others find it annoying. Its fine, everyone has their own opinions. No use arguing about it anymore eh?

In the end, it's all subjective. If you don't like the characters or animation fine by me. I'm not entitled to changing one's opinion. But if you would, I do hope that you would give this series another chance. If White Fox pulls this off, I think that the next battles would certainly impress you. Otherwise do what you want to do.
Nov 11, 2018 5:33 AM

Aug 2013
So the village arc is completely skipped or its going to be some kind of a flashback in the last few episodes?
Nov 11, 2018 5:44 AM
Mar 2018
Guranto-kun said:
So the village arc is completely skipped or its going to be some kind of a flashback in the last few episodes?
Most likely as the finale. It's a pretty fitting end to a 12 episode anime too.
Nov 11, 2018 5:49 AM
Jun 2016
HereticHunter said:
This show is barely dark anymore, its 75% Comedy and 15% "Gore" and 15% "Action"

what kind of joke is this? a Moe version of the child of Overlord and Berserk? lmao

It means that you were baited by memes and never understood what GS is all about.
Nov 11, 2018 5:57 AM
Jun 2016
papsoshea said:
This legendary sword maiden (from what the manga provides) is one of the strongest humans and has the 'hots' for the protagonist (totally not empowerment fantasy/harem). She slept naked with him while he was also naked with the loli. Also naked in the same bed to activate a healing magic they barely needed. Because magic spells always require a perverted condition so they can be activated. And not only that but she also had wet dreams about him. I 'respect' her even more for her complexity and her being the embodiment of one of the greatest heroes this anime has to offer...oh wait, turns out she is just here fan service, just like every other girl in this pathetic anime.

What a complete shit show! Dark and mature? This series was closer to kawaii anime troupe slice-of-life, betraying every grimdark theme the show tries so hard to establish. This is an edge lord wet dream! Action? It was basic, the CGI is atrocious and choreography is boring.

"It was a nice touch with Maiden being a representation of justice; blindfolded, holding a sword with the handle area being a weighing scale."

^^ She's dressed like a whore and has big massive tits! This is one of the worst anime in years!

Could you stop spoiling future events to those that know nothing about them? And also maybe stop shitting on it just because you're incapable to understand characters and even basic plot points?
Nov 11, 2018 6:02 AM

Aug 2018
Delinqq said:
The series is improving, but the hints/references/shots of rape every episode are an eye-roll. I couldn't care less about rape being in the anime overall, I'm not offended by it, but jeez, you don't need to remind us of it every episode. It's as if rape is a selling point of this series huh.....
Still stuck on rape, are we? Eyes roll.
Nov 11, 2018 6:18 AM

Aug 2018
Who ever put's the subtitles really don't know they need to use a capital letter if you're going to use a dinosaur genera name. That's the second time already I've seen this error. >_>
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Nov 11, 2018 6:26 AM
Oct 2018
GreenNet said:
tavcat said:
Can anyone tell me why that elf & the priest prohibit goblin slayer to not using water, fire, & poison?

I dunno why the removed the bit but two reasons, One is because Elf Girl is stupid and want a "proper" adventure and two because those would all create problems to the city that is up there, Elf girl makes this point AFTER she knows the details of the quest. Also, poison and water might cause problems to the party aswell.

Hmm, now i get it. Thank a lot broo
Nov 11, 2018 6:42 AM

Jan 2017
"Hold it right there"
- Female Hero

Great episode!
8/10

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Nov 11, 2018 6:47 AM
Nov 2016
HeroicHealer said:

P.S., Sword Maiden is thicc and I do like the character. But I've got a question, why is a servant/priestess/maiden of God dressed like a whore? I mean it's a valid question that someone already asked above.

Why do you presume the Supreme God in the GS universe is as puritanical as the Christian God? Why not think Greek Gods who were often depicted with their bodies on display?

Sword Maiden doesn't need to be ashamed of her body.
Nov 11, 2018 6:57 AM

Jul 2013
We got ourselves a little arc here. Anyway, that water town reminds me of that water based city from Tales of Zestiria which also has a underground/ big ass sewer level
Nov 11, 2018 7:27 AM
Aug 2016
NoviSun said:
Delinqq said:

Congrats on completely missing my point and just picking on words. I said i'm not offended by it, but the fact that it's somehow implemented into every episode makes it seem as if the author really is trying to attract as much controversy from SJWs and the like as possible to up the numbers of the series
Nov 11, 2018 7:56 AM
Aug 2018
papsoshea said:
This legendary sword maiden (from what the manga provides) is one of the strongest humans and has the 'hots' for the protagonist (totally not empowerment fantasy/harem). She slept naked with him while he was also naked with the loli. Also naked in the same bed to activate a healing magic they barely needed. Because magic spells always require a perverted condition so they can be activated. And not only that but she also had wet dreams about him. I 'respect' her even more for her complexity and her being the embodiment of one of the greatest heroes this anime has to offer...oh wait, turns out she is just here fan service, just like every other girl in this pathetic anime.

What a complete shit show! Dark and mature? This series was closer to kawaii anime troupe slice-of-life, betraying every grimdark theme the show tries so hard to establish. This is an edge lord wet dream! Action? It was basic, the CGI is atrocious and choreography is boring.

"It was a nice touch with Maiden being a representation of justice; blindfolded, holding a sword with the handle area being a weighing scale."

^^ She's dressed like a whore and has big massive tits! This is one of the worst anime in years!

1) Don't spoil shithead
2) If you don't like it, drop it. You can't complain every episode. Do it at the end if you really wanna shit on the series
3) I mean, don't spoil shithead, who the fuck are you to ruin the fun to others?
Nov 11, 2018 10:02 AM

Apr 2016
Oh man, they already introduced the hero? The manga just revealed her in the latest chapter tho. damn
Nov 11, 2018 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
A very entertaining episode, this one and ep 4 are the best for me till now !!!
Nov 11, 2018 10:50 AM

Jun 2017
Loved this episode, but I still somehow cant overlook the fact that they skipped one of the most important arcs of Goblin Slayers character progression...
Nov 11, 2018 10:53 AM

May 2016
And the slaying of Goblings continues....
Nov 11, 2018 10:55 AM

Feb 2016
Arylon said:
HereticHunter said:
This show is barely dark anymore, its 75% Comedy and 15% "Gore" and 15% "Action"

what kind of joke is this? a Moe version of the child of Overlord and Berserk? lmao

It means that you were baited by memes and never understood what GS is all about.

I was not baited by anything, and there's nothing to "understand" here
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 11, 2018 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode, looks like there's quite a bit more going on with this particular goblin group than it first appeared.
Nov 11, 2018 11:56 AM
Feb 2018
What is the name of the VA who voiced the girl in the white hoodie in the three female adventures party at the start of the ep?
Nov 11, 2018 1:44 PM

Aug 2008
Why would they remove the camping part and instead show the dumb hero nobody gives a crap about is beyond me. Decent source material, garbage adaptation. Who would ever expect that...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 11, 2018 2:29 PM

Nov 2013
GreenNet said:
papsoshea said:

1) Don't spoil shithead
2) If you don't like it, drop it. You can't complain every episode. Do it at the end if you really wanna shit on the series
3) I mean, don't spoil shithead, who the fuck are you to ruin the fun to others?

You should add a spoiler tag to the quoted part, I think.

Doing this and simply moving on would require common sense, something he is apparently incapable of.

He has been hating on the anime since day one. Now that all of his "criticism" has been refuted, he has to resort to being petty.

Also, I don't know why the Priestess is called a loli. Akatsuki from Log Horizon can be called a loli, but Priestess looks like a normal 15 year old in my opinion.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 11, 2018 2:51 PM

May 2015
Florida man strikes again!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 11, 2018 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
I like how Priestess and High Elf Archer gave Goblin Slayer a talking to. Being so blunt with Sword Maiden probably earned him a lesson from her too. But I like that about him.

The sewer combat was nice. The appearance of the alligator gave me Resident Evil 2 flashbacks.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 11, 2018 4:16 PM
Oct 2018
NitroKageAki said:
tavcat said:
Can anyone tell me why that elf & the priest prohibit goblin slayer to not using water, fire, & poison?

The Water Town is built on an old sewer system. Using fire or diverting water to drown goblins maybe catastrophic since there's no knowing how much the sewer can withstand and may in turn sink the town above. Using poison is a big No No since the poison might find its way to the water source.

You see Goblin Slayer suffered from tunnel vision when it comes to goblins, and Elf find cheesing your encounter with enemy to be not so adventure-ish, so yeah...

Thank for the explanation
Nov 11, 2018 4:30 PM

Mar 2015
The Captain of the second Goblin boat looked like he belonged in ZZ Top! :D
The sword that takes life gives life
Nov 11, 2018 9:14 PM

May 2017
Meh Sword Maiden got nerfed hard, she looks so harmless and stupid, the complete opposite of the manga where just on the fact the way she holds her sword in the whole convo looks so badass already, and she hardly has any lines coz she actually just replies to them, in the anime she's so talkative and her clothes are so SFW ugh I hate this fucking anime
Nov 12, 2018 5:33 AM
Sep 2018
certainly love the sword maiden arc but,.. why the goblin king arc was skipped?

is it white fox studio's plan to postpone the goblin king arc in the end so the instensity keeps piling up or they're just gonna really remove the arc? if so I'm really disappointed

because the goblin arc is best part from GS so far

I'm not gonna spoil the story though, but you guys who hasnt read the LN or the Manga version, then you should
Nov 12, 2018 10:44 AM
Nov 2016
The sword maiden is hot and has an extremely seductive voice for some reason.

I think she's pretty powerful too and this goblin problem is far from over.
Nov 12, 2018 10:56 AM

May 2018
Delinqq said:
NoviSun said:

Congrats on completely missing my point and just picking on words. I said i'm not offended by it, but the fact that it's somehow implemented into every episode makes it seem as if the author really is trying to attract as much controversy from SJWs and the like as possible to up the numbers of the series

> Japan
> SJW

SJW is a western problem lmao
Nov 12, 2018 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
Goblin Slayer acting as always, even when talking to Sword Maiden. ;D

This episode was awesome. Fast-paced, with decent action and we were able to see them goblins on boats. ;-)
Nov 12, 2018 11:14 PM
Aug 2016
Only_Brad said:
Delinqq said:

> Japan
> SJW

And now we’re pretending to be stupid? It’s attracting loads of attention in the west because of this, in case you haven’t noticed. And this isn’t 4chan buddy
Nov 13, 2018 12:13 AM

Feb 2009
I had no idea how intense this show was going to be, and I'm not sure but the sword maiden seems to be kind of suspicious to me. Is she a figurehead?

Nov 13, 2018 4:15 AM
Feb 2016
Lol..At first i though i was watching a different show,or ist just me?
Nov 13, 2018 4:30 AM

Feb 2014
At last best girl Sword Maiden appeared, i don't really mind they are doing this arc first i mean as i thought and like others have said the farm raid would be a good ending for the 12th episode, i wish Goblin Slayer was weekly though so we could have more content for the main story, i know we have the spin offs for more story but still oh well pretty good episode overall.
Dragon Kick Your Ass Into The Milky Way!

Nov 13, 2018 6:11 AM

Aug 2014
Delinqq said:
Only_Brad said:

> Japan
> SJW

And now we’re pretending to be stupid? It’s attracting loads of attention in the west because of this, in case you haven’t noticed. And this isn’t 4chan buddy

You know this is a light novel and was never intended to be focused on the western audience.
The original novel is not even descriptive about rape (but yes about gore).

The author just want to write a fantasy novel about a Goblin Slayer... nothing else.
kofmasterNov 13, 2018 6:18 AM
Nov 13, 2018 10:39 AM

May 2018
WTF does the priestess and the Elf have an issue of GS about using fire/water/poison to kill goblins???????

Harrrrrrr mates, a reference to the Pirates of the Caribbean , Goblins from the Sewers, really??????
Nov 13, 2018 10:39 AM

May 2018
WTF does the priestess and the Elf have an issue of GS about using fire/water/poison to kill goblins???????

Harrrrrrr mates, a reference to the Pirates of the Caribbean , Goblins from the Sewers, really??????
Nov 13, 2018 5:22 PM

May 2018
Delinqq said:
Only_Brad said:

> Japan
> SJW

Japan does not care about the west and that is a good thing.
Nov 13, 2018 5:57 PM

Apr 2018
Pirate Goblins Who would think of that xD THat swamp dragon tho
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.