Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 10, 2018 12:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Goblin Slayer is the most "let's skip the small talk and get to business" character I've seen in a while. Goblins are doomed with him around.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 10, 2018 12:56 PM

Apr 2018
Guess what this episode was about??

Exactly, it's about slaying some good ol' goblins.
But they are getting smarter really quick and start to learn faster through another force...
Nov 10, 2018 1:05 PM

Dec 2015
Best episode so far. (Previous one was the worst episode ... too boring.)
I guess episodes like the previous one are okay for world building. (It showed how the noobs act and how the system with promotion in the guild works.)

Best is the action. And with the nice party and the interaction between the chars ... it just works fine - even without a deep plot. I'm even getting used to the Slayer (worst char for me so far). This episode his fixation on goblins was really hilarious ... the "that's not a goblin" on that water dragon ... funny.

Dialogues between the main party members are fun as well - even outside the action if they are just in the inn/pub. Only the episodes with slayer + noobs only/mainly (like episode 5) were a bit boring.

I guess the scene they omitted is something from the past of the Slayer which they can just show later without it breaking the plot (since there isn't any real deep plot so far)?

I like how Slay is different from the others. Reminds me of KonoSuba where the main also was different. Cause he was the only normal person. Here it is a bit the opposite ... still pretty skilled but Slayer is not "normal". Priestess girl seems the most composed and is learning a lot. I loved how she used the protection spell on her own and with nice timing.

Best fantasy show I'm currently watching. And even compared to others overall/this year on top ... at least an 8/10 (grade B / "good" in my system) should be safe for now. And that even without much deep plot ...

When I saw the chars listed with their class only (instead of a name) I thought it might be boring and annoying chars. And only action ...

I was a fool. I'm ashamed I thought so .... just to realized that the chars are the main strength so far. (The party around Slayer ... and now that I get used to him even Slayer - who is fun to watch with his fixation on goblins. The noobs ocassionally shown ... I don't care about them.)
Nov 10, 2018 1:22 PM

Aug 2014
NitroKageAki said:
kofmaster said:
Wait... choosen heroine is red haired?
I guess... for copyright issues. (Haruhi)

She more Yuuki from SAO than the Haruhi though. Guess she's too cool to live in SAO so she reincarnated as the badass Hero who had blessings from the Gods lol

Now that you say it... LOL, that's right.
Nov 10, 2018 1:59 PM

Jul 2012
Decent episode, the whole time watching felt that it was rushed, don't remember many details from manga, but thought that something wasn't right. Not a fan of comedy moments, really too many of them.
Nov 10, 2018 2:15 PM

May 2016
Goblin slayer is as funny as ever in this episode, not to mention the animation was really good this episode.
Nov 10, 2018 2:21 PM

Jul 2016
Another enjoyable romp.

This show is a hidden gem.
Nov 10, 2018 2:29 PM
Nov 2015
This episode was awesome! I like how Goblin Slayer is so protective over Priestess.

It was nice to see the party display teamwork while in the sewers. That shot when the camera goes down the well and we see Goblin Slayer bust out some sweet moves on Goblin booty was dope. Also, I love how he states the obvious like "that's not a Goblin." Hilarious.

4/5 I really liked it. Can't wait for next week's episode.
Nov 10, 2018 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
Holy,..

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Will someone please remind me why the side characters are prohibiting Goblin Slayer from using fire/water/poison? Or are these limitations being used for no reason besides plot purposes to make things "more challenging?"

They're 'limitters', the party members get more exp. this way.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 10, 2018 2:40 PM
Mar 2017
The introduction of the Hero (female) was cool, but Goblin Slayer give a shit about her and her adventures.
Sword Maiden is very beautiful, I loved the voice they chose for her, I like the part where she asks Priestess if she is afraid and the girl responds yes, but then she looks at her comrades and says that everything will be fine, the development of Priestess has been incredible. Goblin Slayer is still stoic in his way of talking to the ladies, the funny thing is how High Elf and Priestess correct him and scold him.
The goblin hunting was intense, to see that small aberrations use boats is interesting, but that did not stop GS and Lizardman to eliminate them. The appearance of the Alligator was great, the part in which Goblin Slayer says "that is not a Goblin" made me laugh a good time and High Elf's response made me laugh more.
Pretty smart GS, use the Alligator to destroy the remaining ships and devour all the goblins, but it seems that the mission of our adventurers is not over yet and a dangerous enemy awaits them in the depths of the sewers.

Apparently the arc of the attack on the farm will have to wait, personally I do not think they will eliminate it, but it would be a good way to finish the anime.
Nov 10, 2018 2:55 PM
Apr 2018
-Riptide- said:
So after Ending E 2B became the Sword Maiden huh

But if that's the case...where is 9S?
Nov 10, 2018 3:03 PM

Apr 2012
kofmaster said:
NitroKageAki said:

She more Yuuki from SAO than the Haruhi though. Guess she's too cool to live in SAO so she reincarnated as the badass Hero who had blessings from the Gods lol

Now that you say it... LOL, that's right.

I believe, the heroine looks more like Cecily Campbell of Sacred Blacksmith
Janethan23Nov 10, 2018 3:23 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 10, 2018 3:19 PM
Mar 2018
"Temple of Law"? Really? Couldn't they go with something that has a bit more characters, like "Place of righteousness and bewbs"? Seriously this story is going circles, just cut to the rapes and goblin-kebaps already. Would at least save everyone a lot of time...
Nov 10, 2018 3:35 PM
Mar 2015
And that is why you should never flush your alligator down into the sewer
Nov 10, 2018 4:02 PM

Oct 2015
I love how the party is casual towards Goblin slayer, but why do they not want him to use Water, fire or poison though?

Anyways, this episode was so good that I almost forgot that it was less than 24mins. That giant goblin will seem to give Goblin slayer a tough time, I can't wait for him to encounter it.

I wonder who taught those goblins to use boats?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 10, 2018 4:15 PM

Aug 2014
DonTrumpolino said:
"Temple of Law"? Really? Couldn't they go with something that has a bit more characters, like "Place of righteousness and bewbs"? Seriously this story is going circles, just cut to the rapes and goblin-kebaps already. Would at least save everyone a lot of time...

Temple of Law is a reference to the D&D's Aligement System.
Clearly the being that they pray has a Law aligement.
kofmasterNov 10, 2018 4:22 PM
Nov 10, 2018 4:29 PM

Apr 2015
So Goblin Slayer is slaying goblins again with the priestess, elf, dwarf and lizardman. A fun little party if you ask me. Goblin Slayer stating the obvious just cracks me up. That swamp dragon looked pretty cool, just curious how a creature of that size can stay in those sewers unnoticed, it looked massive.

Sword Maiden is cute, I wonder why she has her eyes covered. Looking forward to see more of her.
Nov 10, 2018 4:31 PM

Dec 2017
Goblin Slayer really just want to skip all the cutscene and go straight to action

nice action too. Goblin Slayer really slaying out there with Scaly

and with that introduction of the Heroine.
i dunno where will this adaptation going to be. i hope white fox do this just to make the series more unpredictable
Nov 10, 2018 4:42 PM
Mar 2018
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Will someone please remind me why the side characters are prohibiting Goblin Slayer from using fire/water/poison? Or are these limitations being used for no reason besides plot purposes to make things "more challenging?"
Take note that they are fighting in the sewers. Fire is too destructive and using poison would risk damaging the water supply.
Nov 10, 2018 4:47 PM

Jul 2015
I'm actually enjoying this series more than I thought.

His obessession with Goblins is funny in a certain way.

Nov 10, 2018 4:56 PM
Oct 2018
Can anyone tell me why that elf & the priest prohibit goblin slayer to not using water, fire, & poison?
Nov 10, 2018 5:02 PM

Jun 2015
Mehhhhhhhhhhh ~.~
Nov 10, 2018 5:08 PM

Feb 2016
This show is barely dark anymore, its 75% Comedy and 15% "Gore" and 15% "Action"

what kind of joke is this? a Moe version of the child of Overlord and Berserk? lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 10, 2018 5:10 PM

Jul 2016
tavcat said:
Can anyone tell me why that elf & the priest prohibit goblin slayer to not using water, fire, & poison?

The Water Town is built on an old sewer system. Using fire or diverting water to drown goblins maybe catastrophic since there's no knowing how much the sewer can withstand and may in turn sink the town above. Using poison is a big No No since the poison might find its way to the water source.

You see Goblin Slayer suffered from tunnel vision when it comes to goblins, and Elf find cheesing your encounter with enemy to be not so adventure-ish, so yeah...
Nov 10, 2018 5:14 PM
Jan 2018
HereticHunter said:
This show is barely dark anymore, its 75% Comedy and 15% "Gore" and 15% "Action"

what kind of joke is this? a Moe version of the child of Overlord and Berserk? lmao
Oh,look! Someone clearly didnt look at the title of next week's episode.
Nov 10, 2018 5:23 PM

Jan 2017
Arugustor said:
We got sword maiden now and looks like the studio is going to keep the face reveal to the last episode but I have a serious question if face reveal is going to be the finale what are they going to do about the healing part is he going to be all naked with just his helmet

Another boss fight coming up and he is big and the dice rolling sound after knowing what it means it gives me eerie feeling

Goblins on a boat looks funny I wish one of the goblins said yaar

The halo franchise did the same sort of thing. Showed him naked but the face remained obscure as it was his back faced the screen
Nov 10, 2018 5:28 PM

Jan 2017
Anyone distracted by the CGI. I just overlook it.

It was a nice touch with Maiden being a representation of justice; blindfolded, holding a sword with the handle area being a weighing scale.

Anyway, this anime has mellowed out hard... It feels like there's a growing harem for a guy who's face has not been seeb; and opening was so "derpy?" (Derpy, is that a word... I think it means idiotic). What the fuq.
Let's see what next week brings
Nov 10, 2018 5:38 PM

Feb 2016
jimmmaker said:
HereticHunter said:

I barely even care what the next episode is called, when the ending song appears, that's my ticket home unless there's an extra scene after credits that isn't the PV.
~Blackwall
Nov 10, 2018 5:39 PM
Jan 2018
HereticHunter said:
jimmmaker said:

I barely even care what the next episode is called, when the ending song appears, that's my ticket home unless there's an extra scene after credits that isn't the PV.
Ok,fair enough.Let me help you then.The next episode is named "Forward unto Death"
Nov 10, 2018 5:44 PM
Aug 2018
tavcat said:

I dunno why the removed the bit but two reasons, One is because Elf Girl is stupid and want a "proper" adventure and two because those would all create problems to the city that is up there, Elf girl makes this point AFTER she knows the details of the quest. Also, poison and water might cause problems to the party aswell.
Nov 10, 2018 5:46 PM

Aug 2018
SPOILER FREE (Just talking the order chosen and not the story itself)

What is the reason to implement the heroine now ? She has no chance to appear again at all because the anime is supposed to cover 2 volumes of the Light Novel, and if it's not the case, that means they really skipped the "Farm defense" Arc which is probably the best arc in terms of fighting scenes, characters development and progression of the plot.

This is just stupid, the only reason I see why they put her at such moment is because they already planned a second season even before the anime got released. OKAY from the sucess the serie got, for sure they can make a second season, but knowing how White Fox is usually skeptical about making second season, it kinda shocks me. (S;G took 7/3 years for a second season, and Re:Zero fanbase is still waiting and begging for one)
Nov 10, 2018 5:48 PM

Feb 2016
jimmmaker said:
HereticHunter said:

Ok,fair enough.Let me help you then.The next episode is named "Forward unto Death"

Okay then, I just hope that tittle alone is enough to settle the tone of an episode, I'll know when next Saturday comes, It may be better than what he had today.
~Blackwall
Nov 10, 2018 6:13 PM

Nov 2016
"I welcome you from the bottom of my heart."

"So, where are the goblins ?"

What a charming guy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 10, 2018 6:32 PM
Sep 2016
Holy crap this episode was amazing! Goblin Slayer and that Lizardman were simply badass in this episode with how to they were fighting! I also really didn't expect Goblins on boats.
Nov 10, 2018 7:10 PM

Nov 2017
Yeah right.. after tired to be a GOD.. Haruhi try to become a hero and fucked up that horny skeleton.
Now Loading.....
Nov 10, 2018 7:50 PM

May 2015
"The hero defeated the demon lord!"
"Who cares? Let's kill some goblins." Based Goblin Slayer.

Sword Maiden has a black blindfold. What is with characters having black blindfolds nowadays?

"I can't guarantee that I will save the town, but I'm gonna kill some goblins." Straight to the point hehe.

For a second, when Goblin Slayer and Lizardman jumped on the boat, I thought they were going to sink it themselves lol.

This group of five reminds me of a Tales of Party. All of them contribute to the fight, and that's cool.

"Is that a goblin? That's not a goblin." Lol. No fire or poison. Fine, I'll use the Giant sewer alligator.

Well the goblins look like they are adapting, so that means someone is definitely leading them. Doesn't sound good.

Nov 10, 2018 10:05 PM

Jul 2016
Haruhi got tired waiting season 3 so she went to GS for an appearance xD

Shrine Maiden welcoming the adventurers, then GS on his priorities xD. So the goblins are adapting well that they learned making ship/boat, though it seems like they're didn't learned it by themselves, maybe someone is behind this pulling strings.
Nov 10, 2018 10:05 PM
Jun 2016
First, swamp dragon is what I am going to call alligators from here on (I live in Florida lol). I am really enjoying the growing party dynamics. They seem to really work well together. The goblins made me think of Vikings on their longboats instead of pirates, either way it was pretty metal. Back to the "dragon", I am going to possibly use that cast light on monster trick in future tabletop games lmao.
Nov 10, 2018 10:20 PM
Jun 2017
They skip the arc of the Goblin lord
Nov 10, 2018 10:37 PM
Aug 2017
Yes i hope they dont skil the village art. Its pretty smart actually to have it as finale
Nov 10, 2018 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
Goblin Slayer is so OP, he went beyond and appeared in CG in this scene:

Also, Sword Maiden is fawkin' hawt. I bet she's good at handling all kinds of swords. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LOL at GS saying that the giant croc wasn't a goblin and elf girl being the straight man in the series but still bantering with the dwarf. I love the unexpected comedy.
臭い-
Nov 11, 2018 12:09 AM

Sep 2017
Damn Goblin Slayer kicked some serious ass . Bruh looked like he learned instant transmission from Goku (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
Nov 11, 2018 12:34 AM

Oct 2007
I like it. Action-packed episode. "Goblin boats", sounds like a ride in a theme park. Also HEA wants to feed dwarf to the croc. :D

They go to the temple, meet the archbishop... but they have to sit on the floor? Not a single chair in that rich looking building?

The hero girl looks like Haruhi Suzumiya.
Liddo-kunNov 11, 2018 12:52 AM
Nov 11, 2018 12:39 AM

Feb 2014
The Sword Maiden's look kinda reminded me of Nier Automata's 2B, but other than that comparison, she was pretty nice to Goblin Slayer's group, although Goblin Slayer still spoke to her bluntly, as usual, lol.

The second half of the episode within the sewer system was thrilling. It had plenty of good quality animation that I hope we see again for the rest of the series and, of course, goblins on the ships, with one dressed like a pirate, was amusing as hell.

Still, the sewer alligator did a good chunk of the killing too and it was a smart move of the group to use the light to draw the goblins to the alligator, for guaranteed certain death. =)

However, despite their good success, the source of the goblins in the sewer remains and one of them looks to be huge, just like the orge from before. I hope Goblin Slayer and his comrades fight that huge goblin next week. =D
Nov 11, 2018 1:34 AM

Sep 2018
The first part, as far as I'm concerned, could not include it, however, I liked the narrative, even if the fanservice starts to give me on the nerves and the secondary characters are a bit too quiet and joking if we consider the attitude of the main character. Too bad that the quality of the drawings and backgrounds are so mediocre.
Nov 11, 2018 1:56 AM
Mar 2018
HeroicHealer said:
There's so much CG used for Goblin Slayer, I mean there's tons of areas which I can take screenshots of to show where they've been using 3D CG, the animators are either lazy/tired or the 3D department wanted some part in this.

Overall the series is okay, I guess. Other characters are normally drawn, so it's pretty fine.
To be fair though, GS’s armor is pretty hard to draw and animate. They would have to put in a tremendous amount of effort, even just for the more trivial scenes. I honestly think as long as the CG is only used for non-action scenes, it would not necessarily ruin the experience. And so far, pretty much every action scene has been entirely handrawn so far.
Nov 11, 2018 2:17 AM
Sep 2018
This is probably the best episode so far with the surprise introduction of the hero
I doubt her holy sword could wipe out a army of demon lord though the newbie sword dude from last episode probably exaggerated his story, but I do wonder how strong she is and how does her group compare to Goblin Slayers?

Overall in this episode there was some comedic moments with Goblin Slayer and the banter between the party members during the fight and we see how strong Priestess resolve is on trusting Goblin Slayer and her admiration for him. We also got to see how experienced Archer is with her strong sense of perception of the enemy and 2000 year archery skills, like knowing which bow and arrow is strong or weak (She almost got arrowed but luckily priestess saved her) and how GS found a new strategy with his knowledge of goblins being lured by light of adventurers to draw the giant alligator to their goblin pirate boat.

About prohibiting the use of poison, fire etc in the fight. They probably don't want to cause damage or harm to the sewers and water supply because above them is a populous city so they don't wanna cause commotion to the innocents living their daily lives and not only that u should only save your important spells for the stronger monsters and because Elf wants Goblin Slayer to experience a normal adventure of just having fun and not taking everything too seriously.

CheezewhizNov 11, 2018 2:28 AM
Nov 11, 2018 2:34 AM
Aug 2016
The series is improving, but the hints/references/shots of rape every episode are an eye-roll. I couldn't care less about rape being in the anime overall, I'm not offended by it, but jeez, you don't need to remind us of it every episode. It's as if rape is a selling point of this series huh.....
Nov 11, 2018 3:11 AM
Jan 2016
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

It's not explained very well, but basically all three methods that they've witnessed (poison is actually part of an adventure they skipped/reshuffled to later episode) has a high potential for collateral damage; GS has demonstrated that he has very little concern for his own well-being as long as goblins are killed, so they're worried that lack of concern and his indiscriminate use of AoE attacks will eventually bite them all in the ass.

That's also why the dwarf seriously thought GS wanted to bring the town above down on a single goblin ship.
Nov 11, 2018 4:51 AM

Nov 2018
Holy shit. Goblin Slayer legit gives no fucks about anything but goblins. This man has to be the most souless character I've seen since I watched Black Clover. He was triggering everybody this week lol.

I like whenever we get close-ups on high elf and the priestess lips. I'm sure others noticed that.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Yesterday, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.