Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: SSSS.Gridman Episode 6 Discussion

Nov 11, 2018 11:20 AM
I am taking this from Reddit, where especially a guy named @Punch_Blade seems to be on top of things:

After seeing the concept art for the Kaiju loli, i'm guessing that she is most likely a descendant of the Kaiju Anoshiras from the original Gridman. She even has several music motifs, which could be a shout-out to the original kaiju that lived in a keyboard. It might be also why she thanks Yuta and owes him, as the original Anoshiras was spared by Gridman.

EDIT (forgot to add this): There are plenty of references to Transformers, per the usual. Rikka buys a wallet with a casing resembling the Matrix of Leadership, Akane's bag has the words "Till all are gone!", another reference to Shattered Glass Optimus Prime, and Anti, Max and Calibur all draw weapons (saw,mace,swords respectively) that their Transformers counterpart uses (SG/G1 Hot Rod, and AOE Grimlock and AOE Slug.) Other references include the Inferno Cop ED playing the Nova store speakers and a piano ver. of Yume no Hero that plays from Anoshiras II's earbuds.

By the way, the guy who buys the keyboard is identical to the original protagonist: Hair, face, beard.

In the credits she is referred to as "Kaiju Girl Anoshiras (the Second)".

Yeah, didn't see that until I saw it on twitter. Asides that, this episode basically confirms it being a sequel to the original. I'm thinking that brief scene with Vitt and person asking for the keyboard is another reference to that episode.

I'm surprised nobody noticed the name on the CCTV camera: Cat's Eye.

It was very meta overall (the stations having all the same name, the conversation between Akane and Sho) and we learned the rules of the game. Now let's see at which point Anti will rise in revolt as announced in the lyrics of the opening.

Considering the pattern used in the titles, I'm 96% sure we will get an episode titled 革・命 aka Revolution.

Nov 11, 2018 2:10 PM
Rikka avoiding Hibiki again. Seriously Rikka is cute no doubt but she acts too dumb most of the time. And watching her feels like she's a dead. She's extremely boring to watch except for those legs. Good doujin material for sure but doesn't deserves to become MC's love interest. Also the ending implies both akane and rikka are lesbo for each other.

Nov 11, 2018 2:32 PM

Nurguburu said:
I would like that the characters have concentrated more on discover who is the person responsible of the attacks or where the kaijus come from instead of pointless episodes. The 'reveal' has no impact.

I agree, all anime should be completed in 6 episodes. By the way, Akane is responsible for the attacks, that was revealed in like episode 2 or something.

Nov 11, 2018 5:47 PM

not exactly blown away by the revelations, tbh
but at least it perks my curiosity

Nov 11, 2018 6:02 PM

I wasnt sure if i should continue watching this, then the creepy kaiju loli showed up. Ill keep watching this.

Nov 11, 2018 6:25 PM

syncrogazer said:
Sorta Zegapain-y, but I had that feeling form the start.

About Rikka and Anti which some people seem to have a problem with, Rikka doesn't need to feed/bathe Yuuta. The distinction between someone like Yuuta (even without considering his amnesia), a kid her age she has some sort of feelings for/connection with, and a 'kid' that inspires some sort of maternal instinct in her, should be obvious. And based on what the Kaiju said to Yuuta, perhaps there's a connection under the surface we haven't learned about yet. It's not the first time she's met Anti either.

Well said, some people seems to have problems with Rikka being nice, but maybe she just happens to a really good person wanting to help a boy who eats trash? Ain't that what a good human being should do to his neighbor?

Nov 11, 2018 8:22 PM
Swagernator said:
Best episode so far.

So basically, a bunch of kids with big ass robot fighting against God ? I was expecting nothing less from Trigger. This show is slowly but surely becoming my fav of this season.
Actually, battling against ALIENS. And yes, I was expecting nothing less from Trigger. At this point, I'm not even surprised.

Nov 11, 2018 9:55 PM
This was a pretty good episode. Questions were answered. The fight scene was good and the inferno cop OP made an appearance on Rikka's mp3. A mysterious new kaiju girl showed up to give us some much need plot development that has been lacking in the last few episodes.
Turns out Akane is a god and shes trying to shape the city into her perfect vision by killing everyone and destroying anything she doesn't like. While I'm perfectly fine with that, the whole "Shes being controlled by a alien/demon/god thing" is where my issues lie.

I didn't like that part very much. Its not a deal-breaker story wise but they'll need to develop it further and come up with a good explanation if I'm going to change my mind. Also the whole "music breaking the effects of the gas" was kinda dumb too.

Also I still don't like Hibiki Yuuta and I think hes a boring MC. Hopefully when he regains his memories, he'll actually get a personality.
Modified by 0ldB0y67, Nov 11, 2018 10:09 PM

Nov 12, 2018 4:23 AM

So much stuff revealed. This story is getting interesting. Anti is pretty much my favorite character.

Nov 12, 2018 11:40 AM

Eroiemo said:
Also the ending implies both akane and rikka are lesbo for each other.

Lmao no it doesn't. Take your yuri goggles off, two girls can be friends without being lesbians.

Nov 12, 2018 5:07 PM

Finally a religion that i can devote myself completely to! Screw you Madokaism and Haruhi Suzumiya-nity, Akane is the true god!
Also goddamn Aliens!

OT: So many tense scenes, from Yuuta encounter with the loli-shota Kaiju to Akane and Utsumi exchange where the suspense was through the roof has there was a drastic changed of atmosphere. Probably one of my favorite episodes (ep 3 was still my personal favorite) despite not having kaiju fight scenes, but we had some action still with Calibur vs Anti so is all good :)
A lot of information was given to us but a lot is still to unravel. Cant wait to see how things will unfold from here.

✧A Believing Heart Is Your Magic✧

Nov 12, 2018 5:42 PM
Lmao the studio trigger "aliens" meme is real.

Nov 12, 2018 8:34 PM

Some people just don't understand setting tone and natural pacing ... or you know that shows can generally do many more things beyond high paced dumping out "plot" and action scenes. Well can't say it's a show about nothing (even if it was far from it) as we got some plot progression. This show's definitely getting better and better and to those actually picking up on the subtleties it was already pretty good. I think it was well put earlier in the discussion to say that the anticlimactic reveal at the same time opens up so many different possible dimensions to explore that it's definitely a positive. Really liked that direction and also prefer that they didn't drag out the reveal for the entire show. Would have been boring. This has opened up much more interesting less explored territory. It all depends on where Trigger goes with it. Will they stick the landing? Great so far.

Nov 13, 2018 4:18 AM

Does anyone know what the name of the song that plays during Anoshiras II's presentation is?

Nov 13, 2018 5:20 AM
im halfway through watching this episode (yes yes i know i late)
but i cant help ,myself but notice a small reference to the ultra series ,in The cover of the magazine utsumi was reading i see Ultraman Zero with Techtor Gear ,i know that utsumi say ultra series a few times in episode 1 ,but i dont think they actually show it

ok i finish it ,its interesting they take some weird thing toku did like city got repaired the next episode and actually add it to the plot ,i like how hibiki and rikka seems like connected by both of them hanging out with a different gender kaiju ,i have a feeling they just gonna reset the whole thing in the ending just like devil survivor 2 The Animation and im fine with it(because this show doesnt suck like ds2 :ta)
and another thing while talking about megami tensei series ,that jet guy with blue hair(dont know the name yet) look like a adult version of persona 3 protagonist ,especially at the opening with borr,cant wait to see him combine with gridman ,ultraman with wings always look really cool ,ex : ultraman noa

Modified by PsyKhi, Nov 13, 2018 5:26 AM

Nov 13, 2018 4:45 PM

Wait, on this episode we have actual explanations? Good character interactions? Good direction? A well drawn fight scene and no mechas? If it keeps like that, then it may actually become a good anime. Who would have thought!

Nov 14, 2018 2:18 AM

So Akane is practically Haruhi Suzumiya?
Those guys are doomed.

Nov 14, 2018 2:32 AM
this was pretty good. I don't know why, but I'm feeling Garbage-chan is best girl. The reveal wasn't too surprising, I mean it was pretty obvious akane was magically fixing everything somehow but the fact that they called her a 'god', is a little confusing. I'm guessing that's why the MC has amnesia. He must have left the city at some point or something like that.

Nov 14, 2018 6:08 AM

alshu said:
Those guys are doomed.

Lol. Actually, one things I learned in Anime, when a character finally achieve the power of a God it's a major death flag for them in the end. (unless of course if it's a comedy)

Nov 14, 2018 7:10 AM

inisipis said:
alshu said:
Those guys are doomed.

Lol. Actually, one things I learned in Anime, when a character finally achieve the power of a God it's a major death flag for them in the end. (unless of course if it's a comedy)

Is Haruhi dying at the end of the books?
...because in the anime she was totally OK.

Nov 15, 2018 3:48 PM

Classic info dump episode from Trigger. The loli kaijuu was strangely creepy. Definitely unsettling. We got some intel, but it was nothing crazy so far.

Utsumi got hots for Akane, welcome to the friendzone bro.

Akane is a god and is maniuplated by Alexis. Well, this was obvious from the second episode.

Good fight against Anti.

GreenEmu said:
Honestly getting tired of Rikka's shit. She feeds what she thinks is some random homeless middle schooler and then even invites him into her house where she gives him a bath but she can't stop being an awkward bitch to Yuta for something that he doesn't even know he did because she won't tell him? Her thighs aren't enough to salvage what a garbage character she's been.

While I agree with you, I need to stress the events from the first episode. We started first episode with Yuuta waking up in Rikka`s home. So it is not like she is having problem with inviting someone to her home.

Other than that - maternal feelings or not. Inviting some homeless, stinky boy into your home seems fucking weird to me.

Nov 15, 2018 9:37 PM

Different but a Great episode nevertheless! Perhaps even my favourite episode of the show, thus far!

Directing of this episode was exceptional, those mid episode scenes were so unnerving honestly. And then, those glorious soundtracks that followed really made it a tense few minutes. Astonishing stuff! Akane pulling off a Minecraft irl and becoming God sure was unsettling but I’m not surprised. The little Kaiju girl really gave off a Shingeki no Kyojin vibe and it was definitely eerie. I’m curious to know more about the ‘alien’ that is manipulating Akane and how Yuta will respond to all the shocking revelations. Also, who exactly is Yuta? The little Kaiju girl mentioned something about him helping her predecessor and whatnot, so I’m thinking there’s definitely more to him than I initially expected.
Unlike earlier episodes where there was a lot of Kaiju action, this episode focused more on info sharing and humanly baffles. Lol, humanly battles is the best I could come up with if anyone’s wondering. Great soundtrack during the fight and the one after that, too! Our three main characters meeting three different people which are all a part of this mess was entertaining. Rikka once again meeting Anti and now providing some more care felt off but it’s probably just setting something up for the overarching plot, Utsumi and Akane’s coincidental(maybe not) gathering was the more intense and Yuta and the little Kaiju girl even more, hence most, intense. Akane was really looking to get some answers from Utsumi but well dodged Utsumi, although he had different intentions in mind.

All in all, a great info dump episode! Fianlly, I have caught up now too so I’ll most definitely look forward to watching this show on a weekly basis.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 16, 2018 8:30 PM
So they're all computer programs (except for glasses-Akane), dealing with an insane programmer? Is "Anti" short for Antivirus? Is this a Reboot reboot? Is Yuta Bob?

Nov 17, 2018 11:38 PM

Another solid episode! even though there's no action, still great!
many bit of revelations this time?
OMG! Rikka thicc ERO legs!
wut?! really!? Akane's a god? what kid of god? god of ero feet/foot?!?
5/5.

Nov 18, 2018 11:53 AM

So if this world isn't real, what does that make everyone in it?

Nov 18, 2018 7:37 PM

what a bizarro episode... the mysteries deepen.

The atmosphere and cinematography to this episode in particular struck me with it's NGE-vibes.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Nov 20, 2018 6:30 PM

anniechrist said:
Holy shit that's a lot of things revealed. Akane's a god, Rikka isn't against giving random kids baths, an episode can be good without Gridman, fucking everyone eats those disgusting-looking hot dogs. Lots of reveals.

Well, they are "God"'s favorite hot dog.

Nov 20, 2018 10:35 PM
Akane is a god, that was an unexpected reveal. The fact that aliens were involved is so god damn Trigger though, I feel ashamed that I didn't predict that. Aside from like Kiznaiver and Little Witch Academia, I think all of the A-team Trigger anime involved aliens. TTGL involved aliens, Kill la Kill had em, and even DitF

Nov 21, 2018 11:35 PM

burntphoenix said:
Akane is a god, that was an unexpected reveal. The fact that aliens were involved is so god damn Trigger though, I feel ashamed that I didn't predict that. Aside from like Kiznaiver and Little Witch Academia, I think all of the A-team Trigger anime involved aliens. TTGL involved aliens, Kill la Kill had em, and even DitF
Aliens have nothing to do with Trigger or TTGL, they've been a staple of super robot/tokusatsu.
You can thank Tsuburaya Productions for that.

Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

Nov 22, 2018 2:43 PM
Cabron said:
burntphoenix said:
Aliens have nothing to do with Trigger or TTGL, they've been a staple of super robot/tokusatsu.
You can thank Tsuburaya Productions for that.

What, I didn't say Trigger invented aliens in these anime, I said a lot of Trigger shows have had aliens involved, thus my shame that I didn't predict it. Never said it was anything new

Nov 23, 2018 11:58 AM

So Akane is like God... nice... basically she has been kind of "controlled" by Alexis but that doesn't remove the fact that she already had some problems before everything started.

It was an interesting episode although I found some moments a bit... unsettling? Like Rikka being kind enough to the point of inviting a person she barely knows to her home and gives him a bath...

The 3D presentation of Akane was also kind of unexpected, mostly due to the OST they used but it wasn't really bad, it was an original way to explain things, I guess.

So now, let's see how the story will develop from here. But I must say that it's also being about time for Gridman to fully explain what is happening because there are some explanations left.

Nov 24, 2018 12:15 AM
Its good. Because everything we see is unraveled to yuta

Dec 5, 2018 5:59 AM

There was so much fuel for fan art in this episode, I'm kind of amazed. Even more amazing is that they've built up the mystery of the world so we'll that I didn't even mind there was no kaiju battle! Normally that would be a major strike against a show like this in my book.

Smugleaf27 said:
Anyone else catch Inferno Cop's OP playing in the shop Rikka was in before meeting up with Anti?

YES and I totally lost my shit! My roommate had no idea what I was freaking out about xD

Xenocrisi said:
Wow, wow, and just wow.
This was such a good episode oh my god. It went full NGE.

I thought the same thing, but even given my unfavorable opinion of NGE I don't think that's a bad thing, because they're not drawing on the aspects of it that really annoyed me. All of our characters have at least some redeeming qualities, but the explanation of the city and a lot of the tense dialogue scenes I think lend it that Eva feel.

Dec 8, 2018 5:31 AM
Xenocrisi said:
Wow, wow, and just wow.
This was such a good episode oh my god. It went full NGE.

AOTS
Period

I'm not liking this series much, i'm watching it because i wanted to watch it but the lack of romance is disgusting eventhough it isn't a romance-centric show.

Dec 8, 2018 5:36 AM
I don't know why rikka has to act like she is some kind of mother of anti, like how do you explain that she took him to her house and even bathed him, she is a lame character because towards yuuta she acts like a bitch and towards a homeless she acts like the most generous person, i call that nonsense.

Dec 8, 2018 5:40 AM
GustavoBD said:
Ten said:
Intrigue? Suspense? When they gonna learn about who is who... fuck that, we'll just straight up tell everything introducing random kaiju girl and by the way, Akane is a god!
Yeah, right. I call this BS and lazy writing.

Actually, she's not a random kaiju but a kaiju from the original series called Anoshiras (tecnically, she's Anoshiras the 2nd) this episode was basically saying that it is a sequel to the original tokusatsu rather than a brand new anime

It was still BS and lazy writing because thry didn't manage to deliver a good reason for revealing the fact that akane is who's making the kaiju and that god BS was the most annoying ever.

Dec 8, 2018 5:45 AM
akiba-kei said:
syncrogazer said:
Sorta Zegapain-y, but I had that feeling form the start.

About Rikka and Anti which some people seem to have a problem with, Rikka doesn't need to feed/bathe Yuuta. The distinction between someone like Yuuta (even without considering his amnesia), a kid her age she has some sort of feelings for/connection with, and a 'kid' that inspires some sort of maternal instinct in her, should be obvious. And based on what the Kaiju said to Yuuta, perhaps there's a connection under the surface we haven't learned about yet. It's not the first time she's met Anti either.

Well said, some people seems to have problems with Rikka being nice, but maybe she just happens to a really good person wanting to help a boy who eats trash? Ain't that what a good human being should do to his neighbor?

Then why that good human being acts that way towards a boy who jist lost his memories. That's not what a good human being should do, that's worse than a bad human being.

Dec 22, 2018 5:58 AM

Rewatching the series and just realised that the song that's playing during the train scene with the Kaiju girl is the song from the old Gridman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcyD5hK-HJQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6nXAc4nw00

Dec 28, 2018 9:12 AM

Wow, this episode was sort of a trip with some interesting plot points. Also the loli girl is slightly creepy.

Jan 23, 3:33 PM

Inferno Coppu~ damn nice hidden track there Trigger! Pretty impressive episode in general I must say, some really strong story development and well I do wonder the backstory of that little "girl" kaiju...

Well now that the setting has pretty much been stated, it sure makes up for something really interesting! Looking forwards to see what's next.

Jan 26, 1:17 PM

I wonder how much more involved Anti is going to get as a character rather than a kaiju
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Apr 1, 3:49 AM

I can feel the Trigger insanity creeping up, I am so ready. Great episode again, with some major revelations.

May 25, 2:38 PM

This was a weird episode, possibly the weirdest so far, but at least it gave us more information about the situation at hand.
Just like Yuta asked, is whoever is manipulation Akane an alien? A fellow Kaiju? His father? I don't know, just give us something.
The spoke thing was kind of mind-blowing for a moment.

Jun 3, 1:19 AM

“i’m on standby”
“you’re always on standby”
i love the mom lol

i really like the execution of this show so far. it feels really direct in its story telling. it doesn’t try to be overtly complicated, yet maintains its mystery. it feels like there isn’t any “fluff” so to speak. every bit is required to fit the larger piece.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]