Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 18, 2018 2:58 PM
Sep 2014
HeroicHealer said:

When did I called "everyone a moron"? I specifically tagged that individual not you, my post are tagging the person concerned it's simple as that - it never did involve "everyone" in it. Post any crap all you want, quit tagging for stuff which ended up triggering you, when it never was intended for you. Get it through your thick head, you troll.

I don't need to prove myself to you, I already have a friend which I talk about programming over here regularly. If you're looking to start a flame-war you're in the wrong place. Also, quit asking stupid questions you're looking silly over here, questioning a programmer without knowing what his programming language is and field of interest. Seriously, you're a weird one. That's for sure.

I've just demonstrated how superficial your understanding of computer science is. Considering how sparse your knowledge is on the topic, which resembles what a casual viewer would pick up off some inaccurate and overdramatized Hollywood blockbuster like The Imitation Game (the one starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing), you have no grounds to lecture someone else on how AI works. And another point which you've conveniently tried to brush aside instead of addressing is that, a show being science fiction does not somehow negate criticism of its shoddy science. Otherwise why would it be "SCIENCE Fiction" and not just "Fiction"?

Instead of addressing ANY of the criticism brought up, you just resort to childish namecalling "moron" and say "it's not a personal attack", like the annoying anime characters who say "baka" without ever explaining why. And you have personally attacked everyone in this thread who has interacted with you so far. The problem is you have so much Dunning-Kruger up your ass you can't even see your own childishness. You say "There's plenty of people criticizing every single anime show out there, not that I care. Post all you want", but you clearly have an attachment to this show; why else are you responding to Tougen? Why else are you lashing out at people, if not to cover up the show's weakness and to cover up your own weakness?
Nov 18, 2018 7:47 PM
Sep 2014
HeroicHealer said:

I think I've already told you that I consider you a troll and you're wasting my time with your spam tagging me. Let me make it easy for you, I'm not interested in talking or holding a discussion with you. I never used that movie as a reference, heck, I've never even seen it. Just saw the trailer. Why the hell would I use a movie for my reference? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I talked to similar user, but it never was mentioned in discussion. I'm thinking you might be that person (Mattinator95), if not him, you certainly don't even know what you're going on about, perhaps you were lurking in the discussion to look for something you can point out for your advantage is discussion. Well that failed miserably for you.

Tougen who was shitposting here earlier, I only had him tagged but you keep picking fights with me for no reason.

What I wrote was correct you show can it to your computer science teacher, heck, show it to your English teacher, she/he might tell you the definition of Science-Fiction. Read the dictionary, I know I did before posting over here. The posts are 100% correct and never used any movie reference, pure basic CS 101 for the dude to understand. I even gave a good lecture on English.

It was never intended for you, that discussion was with someone else I already told you, Mr.Troll. Now leave me alone, you're annoying me. I'm gonna say this the last time, stop tagging and spamming with your nonsensical post, it's annoying. Like I said, you're the one tagging me for a post which never mentioned you. Get it through your head!

You can be tough and write all you want behind your computer, heck, even make the personal attack on me like you're doing over here "The problem is you have so much Dunning-Kruger up your ass you can't even see your own childishness" - but when I say something or retaliate you whine and cry about it.

You write up a huge paragraph without even reading mine and then go on about me being mean to someone. When again, he had it coming, he was shitposting and everyone in the forum knew it. I'm not alone on this, all of the people that were here caught on.

Quit tagging me, I repeat quit tagging my posts, quit it. I never mentioned you and I'm NOT interested in talking with you or holding a discussion. What I did was correct.

My post wasn't solely about "[you] being mean to someone", it was about the fact that you tried to lecture someone on a topic you know NOTHING about to try to cover up your weakness but ended up failing at it. You tell me I "didn't read your paragraph", but isn't it convenient that you didn't bother at all to respond to my explicit refutations? Isn't this just you projecting your weakness onto me?

If you read the dictionary definition of "science fiction", you might note that the dictionary doesn't say that you can't criticize the shoddy science in it just because it's "fiction".

I'm sure Tougen didn't ask you to namecall him "moron" and personally attack/lecture him with your responses either, but you did it anyway and on a public forum. Why are you so surprised that someone else could respond to you? You can dish it out but you can't take it? Why don't you follow your own advice?

HeroicHealer said:

Take your fat-sack of rancid horsehit arse out of this forum if you can't handle someone posting something here.
Nov 19, 2018 10:08 PM
May 2017
This episode really annoyed me. They tried to make that guy look like a villain for using AI for war, but I can't stand this trend where movies and shows do the "Computers are people too" bullcrap. I'm honestly on his side because he has legitimate reasons for his actions and is helping Kirito at the same time.

The idea of using human-like AI for war is idiotic anyway. That idea is contrived, it would make way more sense for them to write programs for automated killing machines, rather than using artificial humans which would be unreliable in many ways.

I hope they get back to the virtual world because so far that's been a lot more enjoyable than crap like this.
Nov 24, 2018 4:56 AM

May 2010
Not a fan of Asuna's reasoning, I find this experiment to be quite intriguing, even though there's no way it could work in the real world. I'd rather just go back to Kirito and Eugeo >_<
Nov 30, 2018 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
Tbh I like this episode but some elements came to ruin the pleasure like the bullshit "scientific" explications or the fact that Asuna revealed top secret military research plans to her friends on a random MMO server.
That's really the spirit of SAO, trying to do good things but always stopping in the middle.

Dec 6, 2018 2:07 AM

Jul 2012
Read that Asuna meeting up with everyone is anime-original; I'm guessing to please all the fans of the other characters lol. I'm glad it's not in the source material though.

The artificial fluctlight of Higa was pretty brutal to watch. This whole project just feels very morally wrong. They even used copies of their staff and then copies of infants...

I actually wondered a long time ago why the Aincrad victims would ever go back into the VR world after all they've been through. Asuna's explanation makes a lot of sense now. Even though there were a lot of horrible things that happened, a lot of memories and life-long friendships were also made in Aincrad.

Now that a lot of the reasons for this project has been revealed, I'm really looking forward to getting back into the "VR" world.
Dec 6, 2018 5:16 PM

Oct 2015
At least we got a glimpse of what Alicization from Kikuoka and I must say I don't really like the guy, he's too dodgy.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 9, 2018 8:12 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Pedram said:
GuidedCursor said:
"1,000 AI NPC "Lives" on computer are worthless."
>Asuna : "I'm angry as hell"

*a couple thousands people died during SAO*
>Asuna : "At least I've spent some quality time with Kirito."

I'm sorry that this is all you can understand from this scene lol

ppl who want to complain, can always find things to complain.

those AI are real humans soul, and someone is doing this as a experiment for their own goal, so obviously Asuna is mad.

what happened in SAO Aincrad was also nothing Asuna would want, she would get angry as well if she was there to talk to Kayaba when he did that.

but that thing came to pass and she can't do anything about it now, she is saying even tho she does not agree with what Kayaba did at all and it was such a bad thing, I can't hate him coz I made a lot of good memories in these time.
then right afterward saying she is making a big mistake for not hating him and actually enjoying his time in Aincrad, so big that she can never be forgiven.

this is very good writing and very realistic, any real human can feel like this.
Go to any real psychologist and they will tell you this.

but nah, u guys just want to hate on the author and his characters coz it's SAO :D

Thank you for avoid me the hassle of having to explain all that those "complainers" that avoid to use their brains for just a little bit, and just want to shit on stuff.

Nice episode, cant recall how everything was presented on the LN, but I think they swiftly brought out what was needed to be told.

DedPanda said:
Trust me people, it's better that you all are able to watch this exposition dump. Reading it is fucking agonizing.

That is one thing I can remenber, the info dubs on early Alicization where crazy and dragged, took me awhile to get over this one volume due to all this extended infodump.
PlaycoolDec 9, 2018 8:19 AM
Jan 26, 2019 3:01 AM

Jul 2009
So his objective it's to created soldiers.

So curious about the other units...is Akihiko alive?
Jan 26, 2019 7:49 AM
Oct 2012
bittersweetlove said:

it's already confirmed from old seasons that his dead body was found but he scanned his brain and kind of send a copy of his soul in the internet. so u can say he is alive but don't have a physical body anymore, just like the UnderWorld people lol
Jan 28, 2019 3:36 AM

Jul 2009
Pedram said:
bittersweetlove said:

it's already confirmed from old seasons that his dead body was found but he scanned his brain and kind of send a copy of his soul in the internet. so u can say he is alive but don't have a physical body anymore, just like the UnderWorld people lol

Yes, when I said alive I meant that he was in the game too...I wonder who he is there....
Feb 2, 2019 10:48 AM

Sep 2018
Dude Asuna is being kinda dumb right now,Human live vs Ai...
Feb 8, 2019 12:27 AM

Mar 2014
At first I was mad they kidnapped Kirito for experimentation against his will, but the way Kikuoka put it, he would probably be stuck as a vegetable for the rest of his life if it weren't for this tech
Feb 8, 2019 8:48 PM

Jun 2012
Nice infodump. With the pieces together I'm looking forward to what's next.

May 4, 2019 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
So their goal is a true AI, replicating a human soul.
The scene with Higa's copy reminded me a LOT of the scene in a game called "Soma" where an artificial intelligence was responding basically the same way as this AI did.
I like the whole debate about AI's rights and if they're worth just as much as real humans.
Lmao so the Knights are basically AI's that already sound several ways to circumvent the system x)

I'm guessing the reason they had to specifically mention that they had several other units is so Asuna and maybe a few more can enter his world and help him out?
Jun 21, 2019 11:25 PM

Apr 2014
-Well there's the AI ethics drop. So, it's all about growing virtual human soldiers. Kikuoka playing a god of war, crafting a world to raise armies.

-While Kikuoka states that the STL is the only thing that can save Kirito's life, how do we know he wasn't the one who orchestrated the encounter between Kirito and the Laughing Coffin member? Kirito is essentially being held hostage, to either comply (or in particular be allowed to unknowingly comply) or die from the affliction.

-Poor Rinko discovering her love was a mass murderer. Understandable that she couldn't go through with killing him, although not sure if killing him in the real world would have freed them or not anyway.

-Awkward for Asuna, but also completely understandable. Comparable to real life couples who find love and joy even during times of great hardship and tragedy. We should be able to recognize both that the tragedy itself was horrible and filled with tremendous sadness, and also that some people on an individual level were fortunate to encounter positive personal interactions that counteracted their experiences with the despair surrounding them. Asuna herself even recognizes this.

-What was society like before the Church and the Taboo Index? The taboos exist because they are actual concepts, so wouldn't some of the AI already commit them in the past that led to them being taboo? Or was this a matter of Kikuoka desiring a very particular brand of killing and rebellion against the system?

Aug 16, 2019 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm. While the episode itself wasn't exactly bad, I didn't really like those explanations and all the technobabble felt weak.

Also, you have top secret project for artifical soldier and you let the witness of it talk in open-vrmmo where anyone could eavesdrop on them. How unrealistic was that?
Aug 19, 2019 8:44 AM
Apr 2016
Just like the previous episode, a giant info dump, and I don't mind it, since explanations is something SAO always lacked.
Sep 24, 2019 6:04 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, we know more about how Project Alicization was created and Kikuoka Seijirou's goal.

A good info-dump episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 20, 2019 1:35 PM

Sep 2014
So that's what Alicization's about eh, can't say I'm surprised given Kikuoka's shady character.
Kayaba is some next lvl troll seeing that he might still be alive, his soul at least.
May 29, 2020 6:22 AM

Mar 2019
Thats how this new world works, kinda boring
So Alice is an AI after all, too bad she doesnt exist IRL
Jun 30, 2020 1:36 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Finally, a proper explanation.
I'm glad we're still getting backgrounds on Kayaba even two seasons later.
Nov 5, 2020 12:21 PM
Sep 2020
Damn that was a lot of information at once
Nov 23, 2020 3:07 AM

Aug 2019
Epidode 6 was a much-needed info dump episode that cleared up a lot of different things. Still a bit confused on the whole fluctlight thing to be honest though. We also get a flashback to Kayaba's life irl which I thought was really cool. Overall not a bad episode for an info dump.
Dec 8, 2020 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
That dude was not only a psycho-mass-murderer, but he also had a fine-ass girlfriend.
Nov 10, 2022 3:44 PM

Mar 2019
Now we know what this whole Alicization project is, very interesting. I'm glad Kikuoka isn't a villain because I 100% agree with what he said.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 13, 2023 8:12 PM

Nov 2010
All that talk about advanced AI and stuff is cool. I wish something like that could be developed within my lifetime. Maybe my dream of having an AI waifu harem can become a reality. hehe
Did they develop such complex AI only for the purpose of training the SDF and killing enemies? Such purpose can already be fulfilled by top-down AIs. Man, what a waste. I wish they were developing it for something more ambitious or sinister.
Dec 16, 2023 8:32 AM

Nov 2023
Wow, they literally copied soul here guys. And the soul copy acted like its original.... Science is amazing, and souls are interesting!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.