Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 11, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2015
The Hitomi-inside-the-picture scene was absolutely gorgeous visually. That's the kind of innovative and visually nourishing scene I'd like to have more often. Variously reminded me of, Disney animations, an amazing 'Prince and the Pauper' adaptation I watched when I was a kid, and the Man who Planted Trees, at different points.

Unfortunately animation quality was sloppy outside of that sequence. Underwhelming for PA.

Everyone compares this to Nagiasu first, but I feel this is getting increasingly closer to Glasslip. In a good way though. A refined version of it, if you please.

Episode itself felt faster, scenes and transitions more rapid and more acute, felt more 'decisive' maybe? Imperfect though, some scenes should have been more impactful.
Nov 11, 2018 9:26 AM

Dec 2016
Hitomi walking around in Aoi's drawing was pretty beautiful
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 11, 2018 10:35 AM
Oct 2016
Absolutely beautiful. I don't know why this anime is rated 7.6, I expect it to boost way higher by the end of this season.
Nov 11, 2018 12:02 PM

Apr 2017
This episode was pretty good. I really like abstract backgrounds in that drawing. There was also finally some more development between Hitomi and Yuito. Overall I feel like Hitomi has become a lot more lively and bold since the beginning, even though she still tried to run away from Yuito this episode.

Also it just occurred to me when I saw the episode, but they could do some pretty cool art exhibitions together, if they combined Yuito's art and Hitomi's magic to create interactive drawings like that. I would visit something like that for sure if it was a thing.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Nov 11, 2018 1:25 PM

Dec 2008
I-for one am glad she got her color vision back-I wonder how this is going to be handled going forward?
zrdbNov 11, 2018 2:38 PM
Life Is Short But Intense.
Nov 11, 2018 2:14 PM

Jun 2017
This show might be my favorite this season
And this episode is a strong reason for that
The best part?The character arcs are not even complete...
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Nov 11, 2018 2:37 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode, and mysterious as well!

First part, where everyone cosplayed was wonderful for me, all girls were cute and beautiful, and boys suited well with that style!

Was so interesting where Hitomi enters in Yuito's drawing, it expressed really well his lack of creativity, and was kinda creepy, and as always golden fish is everywhere! And after that, poor Hitomi, when Yuito talked bad for her! Really felt bad for her!

Last part go was dramatic, but resolved quickly, seems Hitomi colors are back, but i wonder how they are related for Yuito's decision make her have her colors back!

Curious to see more!
Nov 11, 2018 8:19 PM

Mar 2010
she can see colors? what...
I still don't know if I should ship her and Aoi through
the inside picture scene creeped me out
Nov 11, 2018 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
well since Hitomi found what she needed, i guess the climax is when she finally embraces magic

zachfoss said:
is it just me or is Hitomi always sad? I swear every scene she just looks sad and unhappy. Even when she got her colors back. Must be her face haha.

lol thats been bothering me since the beginning...maybe just maybe, she'll look less depressed all the time now that shes no longer colorblind.
Nov 12, 2018 8:45 AM
Nov 2016
Damn, the art direction in this anime is on another level.
The symbolism is also I creasing, especially when Hitomi entered Yuito's painting.

Wonder what Hitomi is gonna feel like now that she sees colours again. The president is starting to like Hitomi more and more it seems like.
Nov 14, 2018 8:06 AM
Apr 2017
OMG I really Hitomi's VA, so weak, so unnatural, so annoying
Nov 15, 2018 2:11 AM

Sep 2008
I'm guessing Yuito's father passed away which is why he's all depressed now and can't draw.
Nov 15, 2018 12:17 PM
May 2014
15poundfish said:
The painting scene was pretty good and shows the artistic block Yuito seems to be suffering. The fish symbolizes a time where he was passion about drawing in grade school and the dark figure with the net represents his frustration in drawing. The scene where the fish dies is him giving up on his dream to become an artist.

I am kind of disappointed that it seems that Hitomi's growth and ability to see color only came from her infatuation with Yuito. The scene before the train where the colors start to die after she sees Artist Senpai seems to be the only way the show can go at this point. I don't like how the reason for their motivation and new passion for their artistry of both characters came from infatuation with each other. I know its a high school romance anime but it just seems kind of bland to go with the love solves everything message. I would like to see more personal growth in the characters outside of their infatuation with each other.

I wouldn’t say it’s driven by infatuation, I don’t know if I’d the show has even really established that the two have feelings of love for one another. I think it’s moreso that Hitomis growth comes from her passion in life, which was virtually nonexistent. I think Yuito inspires her to want to do better in a certain field and hearing him basically imply that she makes him want to draw more has likely inspired her as well to the point that she can now see colors again. Kind of a surface level message, but it seems to be more the color blind problem is moreso correlated with her motivation in life than a love for a boy.
Nov 15, 2018 3:23 PM

Sep 2016
wait uh, why did the guy get mad again?
Facta Non Verba
Nov 16, 2018 8:22 PM

Feb 2015
Aoi used the magic sand and watched the golden fish, he mentioned that the fish is like the one tha he drew time ago. Shou has a photo of that drawing so Hitomi asked him to show her the photo, finally Shou and Hitomi went walking together and they encountered with Asagi, who left the scene as fast as possible. The activity that the club were planning finally was done, as a photoshoot. In that day, Hitomi found Aoi on a bench trying to draw, but she got surrounded by her own magic and got immersed in Aoi's drawing, which started as a city with fireworks but turned into a desert and a shadow trying to catch a fish. Suddenly she woke up at Aoi's side and talked about it, about Aoi's feelings and many things else they could discover about Aoi's true self through Aoi's drawings and magic. Aoi's got mad about it and left the place. Another day, Hitomi and Kohaku were walking in the street when they saw Aoi talking to a girl (dedicated to drawing, probably and old friend or familiar) outside an art gallery, she thanked the magic sand and Hitomi quickly ran from there. Aoi reached her and told her that he's preparing something very good, a drawing that she could appreciate. Hitomi recovered the hability to see colors.

Well, interesting episode. Aoi and Hitomi's relationship is growing very fast, taking in count that both are silent and shy people. At this momente I'm wondering who is gonna be Kohaku's husband, hahaha, is very funny to guess. Hitomi misunderstanded the scene outside the gallery, probably thinking that Aoi was giving away the magic sand that she prepared for him. Beautiful animation, backgrounds and characters design.
Nov 17, 2018 10:16 PM

Oct 2008
The art really is still impressive but this episode itself is not...
3/5.

Nov 19, 2018 10:48 AM

Feb 2017
i dont understand what the creator want to deliver or any meaning behind all of this

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Nov 21, 2018 5:24 AM

Mar 2016
well yeah it could be better :/ .....

Dec 4, 2018 9:59 AM

May 2016
Really intriguing episode for me the choice of the colors were so beautiful and when that music kicks in damn my feels started coming out.
Dec 14, 2018 3:42 PM
Nov 2018
Now Hitomi can see colors again, this was a beautiful episode with them discussing and solving things together.
Dec 19, 2018 2:38 PM
Oct 2018
A really lovely episode, so pleasing :-)
Dec 31, 2018 12:56 PM

Nov 2018
Such a lovely episode.
Jan 6, 2019 7:03 PM

Dec 2010
Is this anime ever going to explain why she's so traumatized?
Jan 8, 2019 10:44 PM

Jul 2016
Aww, Hitomi will become Aoi's inspiration to overcome his artistic block. That's sweet. Or that was what I understood at least.

The hedgehog's dilemma, uh? It's been a while since I heard that but I'm not really sure if I liked the way they used it to explain Hitomi and Aoi's little "argument".
Anyways, it was a very good episode. I really liked the visuals of it, they were truly beautiful without a doubt. And not to mention that the character development was nice as well.

At first, I thought Hitomi was seeing something related to Aoi's past when she went into his drawing but it seems it was just her finding out that Aoi is going through an artist block. Thing that bothered him way more than I was expecting. I guess drawing is a very big deal for him and for that reason, I wonder whether it's related to something that might had happened in his past or not... maybe related to why his father isn't around anymore since the episode said he was very proud of Aoi's first awarded drawing.
I'm a bit curious about that, being honest. I wonder if the next episode will go any deeper in that regard...

And on a side note, Asagi, it's nice you want to change your relationship with Shou and all but I don't think he will ever understand if the only thing you do is say random sentences from time to time without any relation between them...
Jan 29, 2019 2:17 PM

May 2012
Well that just happened! To be expected but still pretty interesting. Let's see what's next!
Feb 1, 2019 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
I'm hoping for the best for Asagi, she is too adorable to be hurt by any guy.
Didn't expect Hitomi's vision to be fixed so soon, but perhaps we might finally get some explanation as to how she lost the colors in the first place.
Feb 3, 2019 5:33 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome visuals and atmosphere again.

Calling it now but Yuito is probably somehow tied to her regret in the present and the reason she lost her colors in the future due to some trauma or loss. If I have to guess it's regret of not seeing/completing his painting while he was still alive. Her grandad probably?

The reason why she had her colors back is most likely because she's on the right track to put up with that regret. She will probably need to jump into the past again to meet Yuito as a kid before he drew that picture. No need to say this would be one-way travel.

Also, the same as magic can do only small thing in this world I also don't believe it's actually possible to go back into the past. The best explanation is that her grandma is just showing her memories to understand her feelings and get rid of that trauma. Similiarly how she entered his picture mind to find about his deepest fears.
Mar 30, 2019 1:17 AM

Dec 2015
This episode....

Not only is the "shy mid-haired" girl getting annoying (seriously, being over 14 doesn't mean you can't be friends anymore with your childhood friend, just because he's a guy and you're not homosexual! ) but right after, we get... the "this boy can't be friend with this mentor-like figure, she's a woman after all!" runaway scene.

So, it won't be the grand-mother, the ability to forge some friendship but the "healing relationship / self-esteem through teenage crush" way? Argh.

1/5 Yuito's story still seems interesting though.

15poundfish said:

I am kind of disappointed that it seems that Hitomi's growth and ability to see color only came from her infatuation with Yuito.
I don't like how the reason for their motivation and new passion for their artistry came from infatuation with each other.
It seems bland to go with the "love solves everything" message. I would like to see more personal growth in the characters outside of their infatuation with each other.

Better written, thank you.
Apr 14, 2019 11:41 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Her gem was also shiny when Gold Fish showed colors..
Why you have to leave on such cliffhanger.. I can't go to sleep like that.. ;p
Now that I think, though.. Is it really for the best?.. As for anime.. Maybe it'd be better, if it wouldn't be permanent.. Because, it can kinda make Hitomi closer to a usual person, which is not that.. important or something.. If anime is really going for just becoming fully normal person, then I'm not really happy about that, I guess..
I like, how characters interact.. Things they say.. Like Asagi saying not to treat her like she's in school to pats.. It makes sense.. Or how it was said about negative moments.. That they might be important as well, something to remember.. Even paradoxically as dear memories.. I enjoy moments of their interaction like that.. Didn't like spiked animals metaphor, though.. I guess, I like metaphors to things I like, and not of those I dislike.. But good thing that it was only a moment - really, sometimes other anime can say some really much things I dislike, and this shows doesn't..
Oct 26, 2019 5:35 AM

Dec 2010
A beautiful episode, all things considered.
Nov 21, 2020 11:43 PM

Apr 2020
It seems that the fish is Aoi's feeling while drawing, and I thought that Aoi could show Hitomi the colors of the world
Sep 25, 2022 4:30 PM
Feb 2022
another amazing episode. it’s embarrassing, but i lost a couple tears at the end
Nov 29, 2022 3:41 AM

Oct 2022
Hitomi is just too wholesome and nice of a character. I hope our boi realizes she means no harm and is genuinely trying to help.

Sep 20, 2023 10:14 AM

Apr 2020
This episode was freaking amazing! There were so many interesting aspects, especially Aoi's artwork. That painted world could be split into three parts. The first part was all stunning and beautiful, but then the corrections in the second part made it kinda monotonous. And the third part, whew, it felt so desolate with that black shadow fishing in the midst of all those crazy colors. I interpreted that black shadow as representing Aoi himself, trying to find his lost inspiration in the chaos of the color palette. That's why Aoi was angry with Hitomi, 'cause his inner struggle was all out in the open. But in the end, Aoi found that damn elusive fish all thanks to Hitomi showing up, and Hitomi finally got to see colors through Aoi's artwork. The final scene, man, it was shot so damn beautifully, I've replayed it like a million times.

Nov 19, 2023 7:06 PM

Nov 2022
A very wholesome episode indeed
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

289 by bury133 »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

72 by basskiller »»
Dec 1, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2018

97 by basskiller »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

62 by basskiller »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

114 by basskiller »»
Nov 25, 2023 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.