Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Do you think Tokyo ghoul:re would have been great if it was adapted by any other studio?

New
Nov 9, 2018 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
Although I know about adapting so many chapters in one cour, since the manga of Tg:re itself is pretty bad, I am curious what people think about this.
removed-userNov 9, 2018 8:07 AM
Nov 9, 2018 8:50 AM
Jul 2017
EndlessWitch said:
Although I know about adapting so many chapters in one cour, since the manga of Tg:re itself is pretty bad, I am curious what people think about this.

Personally, yes. If that certain studio doesn't treat it like a cash-grab, or not putting any efforts into it at all.

Side notes: What makes you think Manga is bad as well? I've seen this opinion spreading more than a wildfire these past few months. I think it's actually good though, not a masterpiece or anything, just really good. I'm welcome to hear your arguments, on why you think it's bad
Nov 9, 2018 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
bhaizett said:
EndlessWitch said:

Personally, yes. If that certain studio doesn't treat it like a cash-grab, or not putting any efforts into it at all.

Side notes: What makes you think Manga is bad as well? I've seen this opinion spreading more than a wildfire these past few months. I think it's actually good though, not a masterpiece or anything, just really good. I'm welcome to hear your arguments, on why you think it's bad

I don't want to discuss about that here since it's off topic, but for my opinions, just read my review, the first one on the manga page.
Nov 9, 2018 9:20 AM
Apr 2011
I just wish that one day Madhause pick this up and do the adaptation this manga deserve, not only Re but the first parte too.
Nov 9, 2018 9:58 AM
Jul 2017
fernando100 said:
I just wish that one day Madhause pick this up and do the adaptation this manga deserve, not only Re but the first parte too.

You sure you want Madhouse? After Overlord, I'm not sure if they can handle adapting TG...
Nov 9, 2018 8:46 PM
Dec 2015
bhaizett said:
fernando100 said:

You sure you want Madhouse? After Overlord, I'm not sure if they can handle adapting TG...
I feel like Whitefox or Wit would be better. That way there's a possibility for more than one season (Madhouse is infamous for stopping after 1) and it'd follow the manga well with good art, animation, soundtrack, etc. Whitefox because they really know how to adapt source material well or Wit because they do pretty good work and this kinda fits their humans vs monsters thing.
Nov 9, 2018 8:56 PM

Nov 2015
No because
and too many characters.
HACKs! šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Nov 9, 2018 10:58 PM
Jun 2016
Well it would be among top anime if it was adapted by some capable studio that's for sure.But for that to happen,the prequel itself would had needed proper adaptation.
PapaShangoNov 9, 2018 11:10 PM
Nov 9, 2018 11:05 PM
Jun 2016
bhaizett said:

Side notes:I've seen this opinion spreading more than a wildfire these past few months. I think it's actually good though, not a masterpiece or anything, just really good.

There has been much discussion about this already.It seems like people who didn't like the ending/or manga in general don't want others who haven't read it to get into the series.
PapaShangoNov 9, 2018 11:11 PM
Nov 10, 2018 3:20 AM
Apr 2011
bhaizett said:
fernando100 said:

Didn't watch overlord, is it that bad?
Nov 10, 2018 5:29 AM

Jun 2016
Well
Just call up SHAFT and say

Tokyo Ghoul licensor :
"Hey,we hear you specialize in abstract and hazy visual designs and made thr monotagari series, we want you to make a Tokyo Ghoul anime."
SHAFT :
"Wowie, umm, can we have a big budget though?."
Tokyo Ghoul licensor :
"Average budget."
SHAFT :
"Oh well, time to make almosy every scene with asthethicly pleasing."

I mean, look at Mekaku city Actors, had a really low budget and circumvented that with hazy shots which can perfectly describe the dark, mental sides of Tokyo Ghoul
Nov 26, 2018 9:10 AM
Jul 2017
fernando100 said:
bhaizett said:

Didn't watch overlord, is it that bad?

CG is really bad, although many who likes it simply weren't bothered by it because they like the story. I do, it sticks out like a sore thumb and it's a wasted potential. But that's just me, I like both good aesthetic and well-written story.
Story can sometimes drag, some scenes can also be bland and lifeless.
The worst parts are we don't know if they get to do it they'll even finish the series after the 1st season and they might outsources it like overlord for all we know.
Nov 26, 2018 9:12 AM
Jul 2017
Varris said:
bhaizett said:

I feel like Whitefox or Wit would be better. That way there's a possibility for more than one season (Madhouse is infamous for stopping after 1) and it'd follow the manga well with good art, animation, soundtrack, etc. Whitefox because they really know how to adapt source material well or Wit because they do pretty good work and this kinda fits their humans vs monsters thing.

Whitefox also depends on if they'll outsource the series or not. I'd rather not see another terrible 3d model...I think I'd go for Wit, they had the chance to make it lives up to the source material(at least as good as if they're going for a different route.) or even better exceeds the source material, if Ishida is willing to co-operate and fix the final arcs ofc.
Nov 26, 2018 9:44 AM

Jan 2016
It's not about Studio, but decision that they're take. Like who tf will adapt 130 chapter in 12 episode? It will acceptable if they're make a, at least, 50 episode to adapt the whole TG:re. But yeah, the art and animation still bad tho, but at least better.

More topics from this board

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

22 by hazrbb »»
Mar 25, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

96 by RapidPhantom »»
Mar 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

201 by Cross___ »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:55 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul re: S2 below 6.50

TakaCode - Nov 15, 2018

37 by Tanishqnigam17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.