Forums

Anime scenes (or as a whole) that were offensive to you

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 9, 2018 11:56 PM
Sep 2018
captjoe213 said:
Daestair said:
That one scene in boruto where sakura and hinata are talking and sakura's tits are bigger than hinata's.

It's pretty offensive to just randomly nerf someone's tits

This is an issue I think we can all get behind! I too am offended at tit nerfing!

Here's the image.
I dont even know how the studio approved of this.
Profile views make me feel loved
Nov 10, 2018 12:00 AM

Jan 2017
Nurguburu said:
Being offended by an anime scene is ridiculous.

^This
As always, someone with an avatar of "King of Heroes" couldn't disappoint me.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Nov 10, 2018 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
Tsubakiaka said:

the most beloved FMA series that is set in a german-esque setting and has a main antagonist named Fuhrer bradley (ID LIKE TO SAY that the german language itself is not offensive at all, and Fuhrer means leader in german, its just the imagery along with the character and setting that make it...hitler-y)

one that i absolutley hate in SNK which... the show is....nazi propaganda and the author believes in eugenics idk how people watch it but,,,,whatever (i really don't want to have to explain this but anyone can look it up, its been like a few years since it was a more popular topic as well. lot of subtext and stuff, its not blatant which IMO is more damaging)

these are just ones i can think of right now!! bet a lot of other people could reference some moe

He actually is called Fuhrer for a very good reason (that similiarity is intended for sure) and SnK also doesn't have Nazi propaganda, because both of them aren't idealized or shown as a good thing. Coming up with heavy themes isn't the same as propaganda, as long as they aren't idealized.
Also Hetalia is a satire of the WWII and its participants.
Nov 10, 2018 3:41 AM

Oct 2010
Tsubakiaka said:

these are just ones i can think of right now!! bet a lot of other people could reference some moe

I mean, yes xD

Sora no Woto uses WWII German military clothing and weapons for aesthetic reference. I don't think this detracts even a little from the message that is actually one of the most blatant anti-war and anti-militarist found in the medium, and thematically speaking it couldn't stray away more from any implication of nazi ideology, but I guess it can trigger.
Nov 10, 2018 3:44 AM

May 2017
The pretend rape scene in Ouran made me choke. The whole episode felt a little wrong and out of place.
Nov 10, 2018 3:56 AM

Mar 2015
That one scene in episode 10? of Kakumeiki Valvrave. The rape scene.

I feel like it just stomped on everything that the show had previously built up. It was also wrong and unnecessary.
woah there
Nov 10, 2018 3:56 AM

May 2017
Tsubakiaka said:
Anime_Emperor said:

What "casual nazi imagery"? Military unifoms? I don't understand. If there is do tell me, but I haven't seen any.

i think most anime viewers know that there tends to be a Nazi reference here and there. A few i can think of off the top of my head are in (i like most of the series im referencing as well) also note the political history of japan and its former allies in wars. (oh also you can look up nazi-chic,,,crazy stuff)

never watched it and never will but an obvious example is Hetalia

Ouran Host Club:

Patalliro, which in general is semi-political comedy (it's a weird show) you can view the opening here and at 44 seconds you'll see what i mean.

the most beloved FMA series that is set in a german-esque setting and has a main antagonist named Fuhrer bradley (ID LIKE TO SAY that the german language itself is not offensive at all, and Fuhrer means leader in german, its just the imagery along with the character and setting that make it...hitler-y)

one that i absolutley hate in SNK which... the show is....nazi propaganda and the author believes in eugenics idk how people watch it but,,,,whatever (i really don't want to have to explain this but anyone can look it up, its been like a few years since it was a more popular topic as well. lot of subtext and stuff, its not blatant which IMO is more damaging)

They pretty much committed an Ishbalan holocaust in FMA, so I think that's part of the point. King Bradley is sort of a Fuhrer in their world.

As for the Ouran joke, I think it was a little joke about "femi-nazis" but I get why this would offend you whether you're Jewish or a feminist.
Nov 10, 2018 4:01 AM
Aug 2014
''Offended'' here doesn't mean a personally insulted, I'm guessing. Cause there isn't anything that I find personally insulting but what I do find annoying and makes me upset and angry are rape scenes and to a lesser extent, whenever a series ends without a proper conclusion. Talking about the very end. Not a S1 ending with more to read in the manga but an actual overall ending which is left open.
TyphoonSNov 10, 2018 4:05 AM
Nov 10, 2018 8:55 AM
Apr 2011
Just gonna leave this here........

Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
Nov 10, 2018 9:03 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
The last three episodes of White Album 2 due to Shittyhara's actions
I wanted to beat the living daylight out of him for what he did
Nov 10, 2018 11:35 AM

Dec 2016
drizzy999 said:
The pretend rape scene in Ouran made me choke. The whole episode felt a little wrong and out of place.

same :/ it felt so out of character too coming from the dude that previously seemed to be the most kind and respectful one in the club

Anime_Emperor said:
Tsubakiaka said:
well like, you see racist tropes a lot (like in dragon ball....also any character that isn't white), which,,,is always offensive. also casual nazi imagery and allusions they make me really uncomfortable (as they should) and as much as i want to watch patalliro....i can't lmao.

What "casual nazi imagery"? Military unifoms? I don't understand. If there is do tell me, but I haven't seen any.

they mentioned dragon ball in their post maybe they mean the part in fusion reborn where hitler escapes hell and has to fight goten and trunks lmao
Nov 10, 2018 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
In Fairy tail's new season, Lucy slapping Gray felt as a ripoff from One Piece, thus I felt a stroke of discomfort and dropped it.
Nov 10, 2018 2:11 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
The entire second season of Berserk
Nov 10, 2018 2:21 PM

Apr 2016
Lunilah said:
Over explaining in HxH, for example episode 10 from the rookie crusher, or the entire chimera arc.

Absolutely this! If a maneuver, skill, or combo had to be explained, 9 times out of 10 it's because 1. the series didn't adequately explain it's battle system's mechanic or Minovksy particles, or 2. the series is trying to make itself out to be smarter than it is by dragging out the steps required to perform the action that took about five to ten seconds. HxH suffers from both pretty badly, spending an entire arc expositing the mechanics of Nen, and then throwing those mechanics out the window and introducing so called "Nen" techniques that do not correspond to any category of Nen user or using any of the basic Nen techniques. Furthermore, starting with the Greed Island arc, the series' battle scenes begin to drag as the characters or the narrator decides to explain to the audience what clearly just happened and then tries to drag out the steps. The series itself isn't as annoying as the HxH apologists, though, but I digress.

What ticked me off the most about HxH was the ridiculous comparison between the ants and the humans, with the narrator contriving some sort of narrative that the humans are just as "inhumane" and "cruel" as the ants. The comparison falls about when you realize...

Val said:
The narrator describes humanity as the same savage beasts as the ants when referencing nuclear weapons, but that is simply comparing apples to oranges. Humans are people with souls and sentience, not animals who follow their instincts. We don't care about ants or microbes when we step on them on the way to the kitchen because they have no value. They cannot make bonds with other people or cry for their comrades. The story tries to flip this by making the Chimera Ants view humanity as their ants, beings so beneath them that they have no value, but the comparison falls flat because the Chimera Ants are just people like the Humans. They are both on the same playing field and capable of the same feats in strength, skill, intelligence, and relationships. The comparison might've worked if it had replaced the Chimera Ants with straight up lovecraftian beings, as they'd be so far removed from human existence that it'd be incomprehensible for them to even consider humanity. In that case, the analogy would work, but as is, it comes off as ten minutes of strawman philosophy juxtaposed against a slide show of A bomb victims and survivors.

The episode lingered on this hamfisted and stupid comparison for ten minutes before resuming the story. It wasn't "offensive" so much as it was "so illogical that I couldn't bother to keep my brain on".
Nov 10, 2018 4:13 PM

Jan 2018
Basically, every scene in Seikon no Qwaser, sounds very offensive for me.
Nov 10, 2018 5:32 PM

Jun 2015
well I didnt wanna watch any gay shit, so that fujoshit fanservice makeout scene in shinsekai yori comes at the top of my minds.

and the last 2 eps of charlotte made it a 1/10
Nov 10, 2018 5:53 PM

Feb 2018
'Tis less than a 4 min OVA, but I'd like to purge its existence away. I thought I could at least laugh at its weird shit, but alas, I was just suffering the entire way through.

Until that short, I didn't know MAL scores would go that low...
Nov 10, 2018 8:19 PM
Aug 2018
there are no offensive anime just sensitive people
If you only face forward, there is something you will miss seeing
Dec 6, 2018 10:26 AM

May 2016
I don't really get offended over a scene but for people to say it's stupid to be offended it's stupid to say it's stupid to be offended over something. I'd rather sleep than get offended by a scene that doesn't even come close to anything cringe-worth.
Dec 6, 2018 10:44 AM

Jul 2007
Lmao so many tough guys in here flashing their man cards for not being offended by cartoons.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 6, 2018 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
The only anime scene I remember that offended me was in No Game No Life episode 5, when Steph had to strip down further whenever she challenged Sora and Shiro and lost. Not because of muh soggy knees/raep culture, but because of how painfully unfunny that was.
Aug 14, 2021 7:48 PM
Oct 2020
I hate that "fake almost rape" scene from Ouran Host Club. The show is pretty weird, we can see that from the beginning. However, I enjoyed it at first because despite the weirdness, it still made me laugh. It was like a comfort anime to me. So even tho it wasn't long, I found it really hard to watch. I wouldn't be exaggerating either by saying it kinda traumatized me. I surely didn't expect this to happen and it was really out of character.

Also referring feminists as nazis was... displeasing? Kinda irritating?
Aug 14, 2021 8:05 PM
Aug 2020
Tsubakiaka said:
Anime_Emperor said:

i think most anime viewers know that there tends to be a Nazi reference here and there. A few i can think of off the top of my head are in (i like most of the series im referencing as well) also note the political history of japan and its former allies in wars. (oh also you can look up nazi-chic,,,crazy stuff)

never watched it and never will but an obvious example is Hetalia

Ouran Host Club:

Patalliro, which in general is semi-political comedy (it's a weird show) you can view the opening here and at 44 seconds you'll see what i mean.

SNK is completely and obviously against everything the imperialism, fascism, and racism it portrays, to say it is pro nazi is like saying Schindler's list is pro holocaust, I seriously doubt you have actually seen past the first season if even that much. Also the government of Amestris in both Fma series is portrayed in a deeply negative light, its definitley influenced by Nazi germany but it portrays the government negatively.
Aug 14, 2021 8:30 PM

Aug 2020
I have yet to be offended by anime and I will probably never be

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Aug 14, 2021 8:38 PM

Apr 2018
Hard for me to get offended tbh, but the rape scene of young Rune Balot, was definitely a tough watch to get through even though I go back to re-watch the whole series from time to time that scene still kinda... yea...
Aug 14, 2021 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
In my whole career of watching anime, I haven't seen a battle shounen as bad as demon slayer or seven deadly sins
Aug 14, 2021 9:17 PM

Nov 2018
Well, I did not feel offended but mushoku tensei, which I just finished recently, made me want to bleach my eyes more so than anything. And felt like I would need some church time soon. I think I was absolutely brain killed watching this show.
To put it simply, it spoils itself, THE SHOW, THE MANGA, spoils itself. It has an amazing world, amazing plot, amazing amazing characters, but HEY LET THEM ALL HAVE SEX AND GET RAPED OR FORCED INTO SEX AS HEYYY BOURGEOISIE. I don't want to say anything more, If the "ROMANCE" in this series had a slight bit more reason {some did have good reasoning in the start, but later it just dwindled out like the dinasours} I think it would have been a really amazing show for all those isekai fans. That's all, AGAIN NOT OFFENDED, JUST FELT LIKE POPPING MY EYEBALLS OFF AND WASHING THEM IN ALCOHOL.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

13 by FanofAction »»
21 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

41 by Euroqean »»
4 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 3 hours ago

34 by Shirayukin »»
5 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

66 by EastIndiaCompany »»
9 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

46 by Nemo_Niemand »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.