Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 7, 2018 8:24 PM

Mar 2016

For many ages, the Dullahan's was a terror. Death itself to the primitive ancients. Then, later ages they worked in secret, slaying the immortal and coincidentally past due. Later still, the Darkness came, prompting Death himself to take action, bringing the Dullahan into public view. Now they work as a force of nature. Many fear these headless riders, many hate them. And many still cling to them as an escape from suffering. The Dullahan's Estate, the place you come to die.

The Lady of this vast and bleak Manor is an old Dullahan named Lyka. Younger only to the infamous Dullahan Teras and his bride. The Estate is protected by a small legion of the undead. A catacomb lies underneath the Mansion for allies and enemies alike.

Here, in the edge of the Serva Forest, the Dullahan's offers a deal to the weary. In exchange for the opportunity to die at your own discretion, your corpse will be returned to her upon death for burial in her Catacombs.

Locations
Garden
Entrance Hall
Kitchen
Dining Hall
312 Guest Rooms
32 Bathrooms
Study
Master Bedroom
ValkanDec 9, 2018 1:11 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 31, 2019 3:11 PM

Nov 2015
Ayano – The Mad Bullet Dancer

Ayano would approach the manor in search of something alleviate her mood. The case of cognitohazard was exactly this. She wasn't looking for something that could've been considered questionable. She felt malicious, any chance to funnel her anger away. Her dislike towards cognitohazards pulled out the worst of her. Ayano seeked entrance to look for something that would allow her to lash out a punishment for those deserving or deserving. Nothing better than looking an immortal to exact her frustration out on. When questioned by anyone, she would just reply: "Here, lookin' for a job. And the lady of the Manor." And move on.
Jan 31, 2019 5:53 PM

Mar 2016
Nothing stopped her, and nothing questioned her. Mostly because all the Guards were high level servant undead. Not smart enough to question anything really. Once inside, she would note that the members of the Grey Dawn were mostly here. In the lobby. As was a large stone pillar that had seemed to draw you in. One of the members touched it, seemed entranced for a moment, then walked away. Typically, if one sough the Lord or Lady of a Mansion, they would search the dinning hall, and the study first.
Feb 1, 2019 3:43 PM

Nov 2015

Ayano checked at the mission board and then went out for study and then followed to the dining hall in search of the Lady of the manor. There was one mission that had caught Ayano's attention and her foul mood had now turned away. She knew what she wanted to do.
Feb 3, 2019 8:22 PM

Mar 2016
After finding the study locked, and after knocking a couple of times, a small, rather uncaring voice calls out One moment. You could hear the rustling of fabric inside, and then the creek of wooden furniture. You then hear the door unlock. Assuming thats your invitatin, you likely opened the door. Upon opening it, you saw a short woman with a black trench-coat, a turtleneck beneath, a decently tight bodysuit made of some new material by Konam, and silver rings on each hand. Her skin was blue and her eyes yellow. Her hair was silvery, and she looked at you as you walked in. Yes, what do you want? She did seem a little busy, but her tone was far from annoyed. Relieved even. Like she was glad for something to happen. She was sitting in a very comfortable looking desk chair made out of human bones as the frame and coton as the fabric. She had locked her fingers in her lap.
Feb 5, 2019 4:35 PM

Nov 2015

Ayano waited patiently. As the door unlocked, she would open it and announce: "Coming in. Forgive my intrusion." She would then walk in, look out, if there was a chair or such to sit down and lean her legs out as widely as possible. (in absence of chair she would sit on the table of the study. It was clear that this fateful meeting was not going to be the usual type. And that the wildcard sitting there wasn't your typical encounter.

Ayano observed the room. She acknowledged the woman but spent a long time admiring the room and all of it's contents. Well for a while until she got bored. Her attention span wasn't the longest. "Yes, Love. I am lookin' for work. I saw a nice one on the wall on my way in." However the way Ayano's body language was signaling she almost felt like lying. Well almost - she left something out.

"You are quite the famous type. I've met a few of the association. Making friends in wrong places. Drinking. I've always wanted to come here. It's so... Quiet. Almost like a lucid dream. And quiet is the way I like it inside my head. With a single pull of the trigger, silenced. Dead. Killed. Murder."

She then gave a look at her. Staring deep into her eyes: "And I'm not the only one reminiscing of a lucid dream. The two dreamers, Briar and Cyst. I can't quite fathom why they reached out for me. Not that I'd give a damn. Freedom is my policy ~ and I'll shoot anyone who comes into my way. I heard that you and few others handled them. So I think it is only suitable that you should learn that a SSS threat calamity lurks around. Not of course that you would really care about that."

Ayano would then lean backwards. "I really want to inflict some pain... and suffering." Ayano would moan out in a low pitched voice, almost like in heat. She'd growl out: "That immortal. I'll do him." She'd then get up and get on Lyka's skin: "It's perfect. A perfect chance to be as vexing to my boss. And then ... And then ... I would like it a lot, if I would bring him to you, that you would let me torment him. And perhaps even teach me a thing or two. I've always wanted to witness what is the worst that death can do... And where is the fun, if you are not doing it yourself. Immortality, I can't even fathom how fun it would be. Can you kill the mind of an immortal by inflicting enough pain? Enough that they'll become a comatose shell that..." Ayano placed her fingers in front of her mouth and made a hushing gesture. She stared at the Dullahan and over the course of her speech, Ayano's cheek's had gone bright red and she was sweating.

"Why didn't I think of coming here before. It's so difficult to find jobs that get my blood pumping. I can feel my heart go dum-dum-dum, even faster. The thought of it just drives me... It makes me want to.. DO it just here." Well so much for a 'by-the-book-work-interview', there was nothing you could do when someone qualifying as a joker in Apex Company standards would waltz in.
Feb 6, 2019 12:50 AM

Mar 2016
Ayano was intriguing. She brought news, as well as a request. The news came first. And the tale of Briar and Cyst caught her attention. She immediately opened her palm, and a bloody, beating heart appeared out of white mist in her hand. Its beat was slow, regular. No. The Briar and the Cyst are not awakening. The Seals and wards and eyes i had placed on them are still strong, and functional. And they monitor the Silent souls... If they awaken, Death would have me banish them to the Well of Asylum.

Her next speech, and Lyka would indeed call it a speech, was passionate, and incredibly demonic. Have you ever considered taking residence in the City of Dis? You seem like the kind of person who would fit in flawlessly with the savages there. I like you, Ayano. I would lend you my sacrificial weapons to aid in your "fun" when you retrieve your immortal. You would note that being close to Lyka was enough to cause water to condensate on your skin. The air around her was unnaturally cold.
Darth_LewdiousFeb 6, 2019 10:49 PM
Feb 6, 2019 4:34 AM

Nov 2015

"Yeah... I don't know. It doesn't feel like 'me'. Not enough anarchy you know. Hell in earth but not dynamic. Not enough strife and death.. Still a hell of a place to drink. One time I was there, someone told me, if I wasn't a human - then I'd be part of my own brood. Queen of Hell, that would be something i could try for a day or two. I don't like to stay caged in one place for too long. Even, if I had my castle, I'd probably walk away from it one day." Ayano gave an affirming look at Lyka, thanks to the cold aura, Ayano was probably most comfortable that she had ever been when going overdrive in her excitement.

"I'll arrange a group of ragtag misfits from the streets - I mean my team and go out to capture this 'immortal'. So about the illegal weapon? Apparently bullets don't work on it and I'm so used to shooting things..." Ayano would pull out her gun, she'd casually check out the chambers filled with silver bullets and then empty the weapon and capture each of the bullets. Each inscribed with a message and freshly made. As she waited for an answer from Lyka, she would carefully put the six silver bullets on the table like small towers. As if she was a child playing with them. Perhaps she still was from the inside.

She was eyeing at the bullets carefully and long. Each hand made with meticulous detail like heirlooms of sort. Made by an unknown. Packed with exactly the same amount of gunpowder with no deviation and weighting exactly the same despite of the carvings. Not being able to use any of them filled her with a sense of longing. She had taken her gift for granted for so long and now she would have to do without. What a predicament.
Inaru-samaFeb 6, 2019 4:38 AM
Feb 6, 2019 11:58 PM

Mar 2016
I see. If you are going after Xalimar, you will want a crew of sacrifcial pawns to protect you. He has been known to murder bounty hunters.If I may, the secret to preventing someone from being reborn by the pylon... You have to manually destroy their body beyond the Pylons repair without killing them. I've learned a good way to do this, is to peel off their skin, and carve chunks of their muscle tissue out. Break open their ribs, and set fire to the insides of their chest cavity. It has worked every time I have done it. As for Xalimar himself, the weapon fires a single dart loaded with a venom potent enough to kill anything in ten minutes that can be harmed. For Xalimar, it will incur paralysis to the point of slowness, weakness, and exhaustion. It will also entice unimaginable pain from him.

Lyka suddenly perked up and looked behind her at a window. She lifted her hand, and a white, ephemeral creature manifested. This peculiar thing had a tail, two four fingered arms, and a single blue orb on its head as an eye. Paak Tuul Daal Paan Daer Dath Vaak Laer. Prot Halm Jurn Orth Bali. The creature seemed to understand all that and then passed through the walls towards some direction. She looked at you, and once again, her eyes looked at you with intrigue. You quickly learned why. A voice began echoing in your mind.

"An ancient shadow broke the walls,
This tear divides us all.
Beyond this veil and from these things,
We despise the kings."

"In the distance tolls the bell,
Where the God of Nightmares fell.
An ancient voice calls out once more,
this voice you've heard before."

Lyka seemed to see something interesting, as she seemed fixated on you right now.
Feb 7, 2019 11:44 AM

Nov 2015

Ayano's lips would twist into a smug smile as Lyka mentioned of the sacrificial pawns, like she had read her mind. And then, she heard the secret of actually inflicting death beyond the pylon's power to revert. Ayano watched with fascination. Lyka had now her undivided attention, enough so that she'd accidentally tip one of the silvery bullets and it'd roll down from the table to the floor, remaining there. "Mhmm... A poison dart. That could be really fun. But what, if I accidentally use it on some idiot who'd piss me off.. I think I would do world a favor but I'm not quite sure what to handle the immortal with after that." Ayano watched as Lyka perked up and she'd take a small step backwards. As the creature manifested Ayano would take one more step backwards but only to even out her standing. She tilted her head: "Guests?" Ayano would say out, meaning 'enemies' but before she got an answer, she'd hear a voice. She would recite what she heard by moving her lips but not uttering a single syllable.

"First the two gods and now this. So you're probably going to say - everything is alright. Because I have wards and a fricking cool beating heart . . . Would you care to enlighten me what that stare means?" Ayano would stare back at Lyka.
Feb 7, 2019 6:01 PM

Mar 2016
She raised a brow at Ayano's hypothesis. Well, if you waste the deadliest poison ever concocted on a lesser target, then I will personallly demand that you bring Xalimar to me unharmed or find another dose for me. If that fails, then I would reap your soul as payment instead. It isnt easy to get a tool like that under your belt. And wasting it would anger me greatly. Anyone did seem interested in the poison, but perhaps it is best for her not to use it if she intends to use it on "some idiot who pissed her off". But then again, there were many uses a poison like that would have. Conventional and otherwise. No, a strange sound. Geists are very excellent scouts. Unbound by objects. She then takes a pejn and paper and began to draw particular symbols as you asked what she was staring for. In a matter of minutes she had written down 45 symbols and then she looked at you. Showing them to you, she spoke. Something was speaking to you. I wanted to know what it said, but I cant read its writing. Its Etheric Script of course, but its dialect is new to me. I can read Ven Scraa, Veih Scraa, and Tor Scraa. This is none of those. What did it say to you?"
Feb 7, 2019 10:16 PM

Nov 2015

Ayano would freeze for a moment. And then she'd start tapping her lip. Someone was interested in her again. This time it was something that truly fascinated her. Was it her fate that was taunting her? ~ Could she have a war that would eradicate all, be the spectator and actor in all of it. She would then look at Lyka.

"Last time... It wasn't anything like this. But this time. A message for me." Ayano would twist her fangs and start laughing. It was as if she connected lines; perhaps she was a little crazy however that did not make her stupid.

"Apologies, love. It appears I am needed. And ... I don't think I am allowed to miss this invitation. I could translate it for you. But for my soul to be worth of a mere poison I feel insulted... Well If it's truly special ~ I would never waste it on the undeserving. Yet ... a poison. So 45 symbols - 45 doses - 45 souls. Oh my!!! That could be bit fu!. So what happens, if you claim a soul and it's ownership. Could you like ... Do whatever you want with it... That is so fun!!"

Yes, she was insane. A sane person wouldn't even suggest it: "Sure. I'll translate it. But it appears that it's fairly stupid to do things when you have only one soul so I want something that contains 45 souls. I think that would account fairly by the exchange rates set up by you. One really needs something to barter with. Why didn't I think of it before. Buying and selling souls. Tch... I've had a few people begging me that they'd even give me their soul in exchange for a ni... Ayano was about say something explicit and would shake off her head: "What a meaningless saying, unless I could put weight on it. When someone is willing to give you their soul, then you should really get it."

Ayano would step backwards: "I hate lumin. Such of a false pretense for a currency. Perhaps something that would let me collect souls like nickles could be intriguing. Could be that the exchange rates are going up in the future. And I'm sure I could buy lots and lots of fun stuff from you. If one soul is one dose of deadliest poison. I mean aren't souls the ultimate currency? Taking lives is easy, so what does it take to take souls. Break their bodies beyond for the pylons to restore and then capture them?"
Feb 11, 2019 1:02 AM

Mar 2016
She raised a brow. You are interested in dealing souls? No offense but I doubt many beings are willing to deal in such items with a mortal. I know I am not. Simply owning a soul isnt enough. You have to have it. Preferably by cutting it out. And dont misunderstand, I dont think your soul is worth a dose of the poison. That venom is far more valuable than that. The point I was trying to make was that if you were to waste it I would kill you, simple as that. So... What are you going to do now?"
Feb 11, 2019 11:40 AM

Nov 2015

It was thanks to the courtesy of Lyka that, Ayano learned her new power. Six by six unlocked. As the dullahan spoke out, Ayano was emotionally a blank slate. Or rather her emotion was funneled elsewhere, it was only when questioned that what she was going to do next when it happened: "Take the job..."

As she spoke out her rage culminated. The reflection of Lyka's yellow eyes in the dark depths on Ayano's eyes slowly grew in color. It got brighter, soon her iris did not reflect blue. It reflected something else. It was as if she was staring at something that was burning. And it was shortly that a cinder was released from her iris, the green blackened, as her gun in it's holster burned bright. It wasn't hurting Ayano but the smell of sulfur and gunpowder filled the room. And Ayano's eyes were completely engulfed by the fire, she was staring at the Dullahan, only now realizing that she had gained something new. Part of her rage was misdirected to the allure of new, which was one of her strongest emotions - even overtaking her malice and ire. It made her whimsical in this situation, like a devil.

"I was ... not expecting this." Ayano would giggle. "I feel AWESOME!" She looked at the gun in her holster that was cooling down and took a deep inhale, there was quite a lot of smoke and the burning in the girl's eyes was radiant for a moment. "Oh, sorry love. I must have sidetracked." Ayano would laugh sweetly, she was in a rush of euphoria. And that euphoria was a tell how dangerous the malice of this woman was. Somewhere in her brain, anger was mapped to pleasure. It wouldn't require a lot evaluate her psychologically that it was a powerful inhibitor for her ability to feel any remorse.

And as it was she looked with a wide and mischievous smile at Lyka. There had never been any aggression shown by the girl. Only that her eyes were still burning with red smoke: "Maybe this was a sign. That I really should get into the soul business. Who knows, maybe you are not the only buyer... Oh. And about that language. While I can't tell what it is; I can tell you that it thinks it has a past with me. It sounded a like a sinister omen. My favorite."

Ayano would take a deep breath and close her eyes: "Can you hear it? For whom the bell tolls, I don't know. Far yet so close. " Ayano then opened her eyes: "I should go now. It is very rude of me to keep them ~ waiting. I have been summoned. And I have a job to complete."
Feb 12, 2019 12:28 PM

Mar 2016
The tolling of the bells is a part of me. I hear it always, and I see their face. Yet tonight the Bell Tolls louder than normal. You should go and deal with what you must before you find Xalimar. I will learn what I want to either way. You are dismissed for now. Lyka waved off Ayano, and once Ayano was a good distance away, she summoned another specter.
Feb 12, 2019 3:23 PM

Nov 2015
(Six by six 1/3)

Ayano would nod with a smile and walk to the door, she'd pause for a moment: "The one thing I hate more than voices inside my head are babysitters. So I'd rather things without a chaperone." She'd wave off as she'd close the door never looking back. Ayano went out and claimed the mission and then walked away from the estate, never looking back. She looked at the map and took a long heavy sigh. Preparing to take the long journey before she could think of anything else. Ayano left the area.
Mar 12, 2019 10:43 PM

Jul 2017
Enters Entrance Hall

Gorou

After researching for some hours within the IAHD and information stations along the city of Karn, Gorou discovered the Grey Dawn Society as well as information on the Dullahan Estate. In lack of knowledge about IAHD rules, or quite possibly forced ignorance, he eventually decided to see if he would be allowed to request entry into their ranks alongside his work as an IAHD agent.

Upon witnessing the pillar, Gorou believed it to be fine if he self-coenlisted into the Grey Dawn society, and went ahead to touch the pillar. Upon touching the pillar, the necromancy curse holding his souls together was expedited, and all the souls dispersed along with their body parts sewed into Gorou. He burst into chunks of flesh and organs, which then burned white and disappeared into nothingness.

Gorou has died.
NorvalineMar 13, 2019 9:54 PM
Aug 12, 2019 8:25 PM

Jul 2017
Ausar
Enters Area

Ausar moved swiftly to the stone pillar and put in a request, and then an override. If neither worked he would leave immediately, otherwise he would wait for it to be processed and move to the first contact point. His first mission was troublesome, but the networking behind it could help him reach his goal faster than expected.

Aug 14, 2019 5:58 PM

Jul 2017
Ausar

Ausar looked at his MPHT bemused by how quickly his request was processed, the information his master had given him was accurate so far. He requested more information as to where the Undead Lich was located so that he may obtain the weapon needed to kill the cult.
Aug 16, 2019 4:32 AM

Jun 2015
Almost immediately after the mission request was accepted, a transparent wisp-like spirit materialized a few inches away from your face. You couldn't help but notice the lack of eyes and the icy sparks that were constantly ejected from every orifice of its body. It stared at you long enough to make you wonder if it wanted to suck your soul out before wrapping a long, cyan tentacle around your wrist. You felt your arm go numb. In the blink of an eye, you were in a room full of weapons. A lich wandered around looking quite irritated. He threw you a small dagger wrapped in parchment before detailing where he'd like to shove that dagger if you dilly-dallied any longer. The wisp then immediately grabbed hold of you once more and you were at the estate's entrance.
The parchment had instructions on how to use the weapon, the Order's location in Neito and a key to the penthouse where the meeting would be held. It seems that everything you killed with this would not revive if you pierced the heart. But it could not kill any other way. If the heart was not pierced, the cut would regenerate immediately. It also seemed extremely fragile in your hand. You'd best be careful with this. Surprisingly, the parchment didn't detail anything about returning the dagger. It seems it was yours to keep.

Austar acquired [CURSED DAGGER OF VANISHING]
Effect: Pierce the heart with this to send creatures to the void. If it doesn't pierce the heart it can not kill! The dagger will break after a certain amount of creatures have been killed.

(Don't forget to list it in the tracker)
I don't even know what to write in here.
Aug 16, 2019 3:24 PM

Jul 2017
Ausar

Now with the Cursed Dagger and location details for the cult's meeting point in Neito, Ausar made his departure. As he walked out into the woods he contacted his automaton at Enki, which was then ordered to contact some of the high-class families with whom he had connections to:

Message, High-class: "I am forming a new task force as a branch of the IAHD, you're verbal support and financial pressure are needed. In return, each family who participates will receive 50% off of private security detail by the same task force for three occasions or hosted events. On the other hand, any who choose not to participate will lose their connection to both me and my network. Thank you for your patronage."

Message, IAHD: "I am forming a new extermination unit as part of the IAHD in order to more effectively take care of IAHD Search and Destroy targets. Alongside the support of my sponsors, I formally request that the IAHD recognize this unit as an official subbranch and provide support in the form of equipment and clothing. The extermination unit will be codenamed Charybdis.

Once both messages were successfully sent, Ausar left the Dullahan's Estate and made his way to Neito.

Leaves Area
{Replies to both messages can be written in the Neito post}
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Cathedral of New Pantheon ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Nov 7, 2018

59 by Zelda102 »»
Nov 13, 2019 8:40 PM

» Natah Jungle ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 10, 2018

51 by Xylolicious »»
Oct 7, 2019 2:55 PM

» Karn City ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 20, 2018

84 by crow890 »»
Oct 1, 2019 4:02 PM

» Apex Company Headquarters

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 28, 2018

45 by Valkan »»
Sep 29, 2019 12:34 AM

» Collector HQ

Darth_Lewdious - Nov 6, 2018

16 by Xylolicious »»
Sep 21, 2019 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.