Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 12, 2018 5:51 AM

Aug 2018
^Fappa for President. Great reply! The show is so much more than just a Sakuta + Mai romance, and it's the better for it.
Set SCE to AUX
Nov 12, 2018 8:55 AM
Jan 2016
wow fappa you just sum all of the things i really like about this anime i can relate all of the stuff happening, to me the character's personal dilemma feels so realistic (not the puberty syndrome stuff, this is just side dish for me)
if the anime keep the quality it'll be my aoty
Nov 12, 2018 12:47 PM

Apr 2015

Thanks for the formatting and no your english is fine, no worries.
I'll put in a spoiler tag cause we're just flooding this discussion thread otherwise.

Nov 12, 2018 1:20 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, i'm stunned. This is the first time i've seen anyone uses my idea of virtual time loops instead of real ones to avoid breaking any laws or generating paradoxes. The one who wrote this is very clever.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 12, 2018 3:17 PM

Feb 2013
uninstallthegame said:
btw futaba with her scientific bullshit is getting annoying af

It isn't bullshit just because you aren't able to comprehend quantum mechanics.
Nov 12, 2018 3:19 PM

Feb 2013
Mikura39 said:
collegedebt said:
It's a joke. Makinohara is definitely next since the epilogue introduces her, and Futaba as usual is your go-to person to spiel about some pseudoscience.

It's not Makinohara's turn. Her turn will be in the upcoming movie next year. The epilogue of the episode is just foreshadowing her. Futaba's arc is next because that's the LN's order. Mai -> Koga -> Futaba -> Kaede -> Mai's sister -> Shouko

That is not the correct order. Kaede is 5th.
Nov 12, 2018 3:35 PM

Jul 2017
Skyguardian said:

That is not the correct order. Kaede is 5th.

Sorry, I just noticed that... Got confused there.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Nov 12, 2018 5:19 PM

May 2018
Skyguardian said:
uninstallthegame said:
btw futaba with her scientific bullshit is getting annoying af

It isn't bullshit just because you aren't able to comprehend quantum mechanics.

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Nov 12, 2018 6:15 PM

Mar 2017
Damn, Sakuta is really something else, he knows how to handle the situation extremely well. I was expecting the rejection but still... It hurts a little seeing Koga cry :(
Nov 13, 2018 10:44 AM

May 2018
Oh so Koga is in love with Sakuta, so no wonder she keeps trapping him in her time loop. Welp that ends the Laplace Demon...

So, who's next , Futaba about her having a doppelganger??????

Btw I hate Koga swimsuit she should've gone for a bikini.
Nov 13, 2018 1:20 PM
Apr 2017
I realy like this Show. It is incredible strong and had the Potenzial too become a classic like Angel Beats.

The Bunnygirl Immage, Dancing in front the Moon is a Kaguya reference.
I wonder if the Anime had an Bad End? Because Kaguya, the Rabbitprinces from the Moon leave her Boyfriend in the end of the Tail.

I also liked how the End of the Problem was played out.
Because the Maincharacter so fare was like a Jesus figure, a shining hero, who solve all Problems. And this in so fare my only fear in this Show. I didnt want this become the norme.
But the Girl was forced too make all actions again, this time alowne.
(sorry for my mediocre english)

By the way, the Girl had the same voice actor as Uchiha Sasuke. Weird.
She sounded so Madoka Ish.

And still, his way too trick a date out of his Girlfriend was great. Hes such a troll.
And hes realy good whit people, but choose too way whatever he want, instead.
Nov 13, 2018 7:35 PM

Aug 2018
Episode 7 synopsis is out!

http://rascaldoesnotdream.com/story/

Called it: It's about Futaba.
Set SCE to AUX
Nov 14, 2018 2:21 AM
Feb 2016
Spannerhead said:
KinoEgg said:
Okay, so I'm really confused now. When did Koga and Sakuta kick each other's butts?
KinoEgg said:

Wait really?! When?

It's all in ep.2.

Next arc will be about Futaba, not Shoko.

Ya, I went through the episodes and found out that I had somehow skipped episode 2, which explains a lot. Thanks
Nov 14, 2018 3:19 PM
Jan 2018
I know that by now people probably won't look at this thread anymore since the new episode came out, but I'm still embarrassingly confused about the ending of Koga's arc. So maybe hopefully someone will read this and still help me out.

Why did everything reset back to June instead of just continuing from the moment she confessed her feelings? Is it because the problem started back then?

What confuses me most is that they still go out on 'dates'. Like to the aquarium and stuff. Why the heck would they go to the aquarium if they're not fake dating? Which of these things did and didn't happen eventually? It feels like a plothole in my mind and it's bugging me.

Other than that, loved the episode and how the emotions were brought across. At the same time it felt slightly cliché and predictable though, but not enough to really bother me. Mai and Sakuta's dynamic just works really well.
Nov 15, 2018 2:40 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Koga was a really interesting girl to watch, she was cute but you could also relate to her a bit, and I appreciate Sakuta treated the situation like he did, that reset also surprising.

Judging from these 6 episodes alone it is fair to say this is already a great drama series, and that tease for the next arc with Shouko, I m really digging it so far.
Nov 15, 2018 2:47 PM

Aug 2018
crvwolf said:
I know that by now people probably won't look at this thread anymore since the new episode came out, but I'm still embarrassingly confused about the ending of Koga's arc. So maybe hopefully someone will read this and still help me out.

Why did everything reset back to June instead of just continuing from the moment she confessed her feelings? Is it because the problem started back then?

What confuses me most is that they still go out on 'dates'. Like to the aquarium and stuff. Why the heck would they go to the aquarium if they're not fake dating? Which of these things did and didn't happen eventually? It feels like a plothole in my mind and it's bugging me.

Other than that, loved the episode and how the emotions were brought across. At the same time it felt slightly cliché and predictable though, but not enough to really bother me. Mai and Sakuta's dynamic just works really well.

My understanding is that Koga was so socially keyed-in and adept at predicting others' actions (the "atmosphere") that she created the simulation of reality that started from the point where she was asked out by Basketball Guy. A true Laplace's Demon. Because they kicked each others' butts ("quantum entanglement"), Sakuta got caught up in the simulation.

Sakuta helps Koga resolve her situation by being honest with herself and gaining that confidence, and the simulation disappears and time resets to "real" reality.

He's said multiple times that he would continue to be her friend. Friends hang out together, and do stuff like visiting the aquarium. I didn't take it as anything more than that.
Set SCE to AUX
Nov 16, 2018 1:39 PM
Apr 2017
crvwolf said:

I agree too the sexual offenderguy.
He just hang out whit her as friend, and she reset the entire Time, because it was up too herselfe too make this decisions. He was just her Cheatcode for solving all this Problems. The White Saviortrope, for Males.

But she help herselfe, after he show her how.
They didnt even need this second timeloop, this shows, what this was attentional and had meaning.
Nov 18, 2018 3:51 PM

Jun 2015
Get worse by each episode. Should've ended by episode 3.
Nov 21, 2018 3:30 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That must really suck, just when he taught he had at last finished pretending that dating game, he's stuck in the loop again.
I've seen that coming from a mile away, but never expected the time to go back with him that much, it's like all of those fun memories are ought to be forgotten about and ignored, I feel bad for her. But they were built upon lies, and they were doomed from the get-go.
Ok, now for the controversial part, why the hell did this happen? Just when things settled down and he finally found his way, he has reunited with her again? I'm sure it's the girl from his flashback, the one he said he loved.
This is getting as messy as an old buggy PHP script.
Nov 26, 2018 7:31 AM

Jul 2016
It was a very good arc, being honest. And Koga really is a cutie so I'm really glad she stopped caring so much about her surroundings. She was able to gain a truly good lesson and in the end, she didn't end up alone as she had expected.

It was a very good episode and although the fact that she fell in love with Sakuta was predictable, I liked how it was handled. Not to mention that her decision to reset time to the very beginning was a really good one.

Aside from that, in some aspect, I'm really looking forward to see Futaba's arc. If it's true that she's in love with Kunimi, I want to see how that will go since he seems to be a very nice guy.
Nov 27, 2018 4:24 AM

Jul 2009
That one-month restart in the end was cool. Koga being in love with Sakuta was as obvious as a first-grader math problem, but everything else like the cause of the time paradox were things I couldn't predict. Since Koga became a better person after the rejection, I'm glad Sakuta had the guts to turn her down. Actually knowing Sakuta's personality by now, I would've been far more surprised if he chickened out and went the harem route instead lol.
Dec 7, 2018 1:43 PM
Mar 2018
Aah. I see the pattern here. MC helps the girl, girl falls in love, MC rejects. This should be fun.
Dec 7, 2018 4:09 PM
Apr 2017
Lantegis said:
Aah. I see the pattern here. MC helps the girl, girl falls in love, MC rejects. This should be fun.

Guy teach girl how to help herselfe.
This was the point of the second loop, and I realy admit it.
Dec 12, 2018 5:35 AM
Nov 2018
Rayckon said:

The Bible, part III. Don't worry about the length, since half the text is yours. Anyway, nobody is forcing you.

I know this is a from a month ago but you really lasted five hourd writing that, i read it in 10 minutes.
Dec 12, 2018 11:52 AM
Mar 2018
You know its a quality episode when the very first word uttered is "poop"
Dec 13, 2018 11:02 AM

May 2015
K-k-Kissuuu????!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 28, 2018 4:01 PM

Jul 2013
Man, I like these characters a lot. Sakuta being firm with his feelings for Mai and rejecting Koga, it's admirable. And Koga finally stepping out of her comfort zone. This is a great episode.
Dec 29, 2018 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
So with that we have clear evidences that KOGA is the best girl of the season.
Jan 1, 2019 7:34 PM

May 2013
I knew Tomoe's upgraded friends would end up being that nerdy jellyfish girl lol. It's better to have real friends who you don't need to forcefully keep up with or try to impress or not rub the wrong way

I couldn't live with that type of headache lol

But SHIT. Sakkun's first love came back. How does she not remember him as soon as he told her his name? Lol dufuq xD
First loves usually don't end up being your last tho, so Mai-chan shouldn't be worried (although that's easier said than done haha)

Mai-chan's cheek kiss was cute C:
Jan 2, 2019 3:12 AM

Oct 2007
A little sad for Koga. Not easy to compete with a movie actress. One billion times wearing a swimsuit not enough to beat the bunny girl. She still get best friend status as consolation prize.
Jan 2, 2019 3:13 AM

Oct 2007
Makinohara Shouko is my favorite character, because she save the poor cat. I like cats too. Have adopted some from the streets.

Bunny Girl feels threatened by middle schooler? Well, Shouko is first love.. and first love does not die.
Jan 3, 2019 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
I was sure that Koga would fall in love with Sakuta.
New girl in the end. Let's see.
Jan 7, 2019 11:47 PM

Jan 2017
Koga too OP with those time bending powers of hers. That simulation of the future revelation got me good.

actuallyimsomad said:
Fappa said:

Sakuta literally asked out Mai and they are officially dating as of this episode.

What more do people need?

Yep and i think futaba wont fall for sakuta

I won't know if Futaba will fall in love for Sakuta as of this post, but Futaba has feelings for Yuuma Kunimi - Sakuta's best male friend - in episode 3 or 4; when the time loop began.
LineraxJan 7, 2019 11:58 PM
Jan 11, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2012
Yep totally Endless Eight and Haruhi vibes all over again! What I really like is that they also include some scientific parts to it! Really lovely episode and the emotion in this episode was captured beautifully! I am actually glad the time reverted to that one day before everything happened.

Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Jan 20, 2019 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
Poor Koga... but it can't be helped, she has to move on. I was surpised that the entire arc looped back, but I'm glad that she could leave her fake friends behind and perhaps meet those new girls who might become actual friends to her.
I'm also very happy that Sakuta could repeat that cute scene with Mai, and with such a great extra at the end. I can't say I'm happy that there are love triangles, but at least they are unrequited and those involved are faithful so it's clear as day that they won't become seperated later. The new girl was the old love of Sakuta, wasn't she? Or perhaps just the same name with another case of the syndrome.
Jan 26, 2019 7:35 AM

Apr 2011
I feel sad for Koga. She's cute thou. A nice, sweet, and cute girlfriend material.

But Mai x Sakuta is too stronk. I feel she still loves him even after things went back to normal.
Feb 7, 2019 10:22 AM

Sep 2010
How many girls and how many arcs does 13 episodes anime need? Light novels.
Feb 8, 2019 7:56 AM

Mar 2016
Again, rumours spread like wildfire in this school!

Well, well, well, what did you expect... Of course, there will be another time loop because of the fact that Koga fell in love with Sakuta despite the fact that she doesn't want herself to feel like that towards him. I have to respect both of them for what they did at the end, where Sakuta pressure Koga to not lie to herself and confesses her love to him. But when I look at this scene from a different perspective, Sakuta is basically saying no to being a harem MC, so that's an interesting thing right there!

Wow, the time actually went back to that football win!? That's actually quite convenient, to be honest. And even more so knowing that all the events that happened afterwards happened this time too (including the bully beat down!)

Mai has a sweet way of showing her feelings to Sakuta. But it feels so familiar to... Oh no, stop! The feels...

I really love the explanation to how Sakuta was the only other person unaffected besides Koga in the time loop was all because they kicked each other's butts back then, causing a quantum entanglement between both of them. LMAO, a fucking quantum entanglement!!! Who knows? Maybe that's how quantum entanglement works, quantum physics are all nothing but theories anyways. Normal physics don't apply to quantum physics, so the butt kicking might be a plausible scenario! XD

I wish I have a cute imouto that wakes me up the way Kaede wakes up her onee-chan...
Feb 8, 2019 3:41 PM

Oct 2012
Not a bad conclusion actually, in a way it was expected. Blame all the butt-kicking I guess, that was nice parallel.

Also liked the fact that we learned Kunimi already noticed Futaba feelings (but is afraid to change current status quo). This'll definitely get even more interesting.

And the cliffhanger in the end had me. Seems like his whole Shouko came and saved me was just another of his (future?) fantasies as she's high school girl now. Wonder how this turns out and what's her problem (the cat forcing this dejavu syndrome this time maybe?)
Feb 25, 2019 1:27 PM
Feb 2019
Je ne c pas utiliser les site aider moi
Mar 25, 2019 8:19 AM

Sep 2018
This was my second favourite arc

Great ending. Amazing presentation of the theme
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

May 4, 2019 9:20 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was GREAT. Gave it a 5 out of 5, wouldn't hesitate to give it a 10 out of 10 either if there was the option.

I kind of disliked Koga for the fake dating thing in episode 4, but I warmed up to her in episode 5, but now she's one of my favourite characters! Her character really personifies the social anxieties of teenagers and young adults, albeit exaggerated. But this is anime, one of the media through which we can express such things clearly and without all the subtlety of real life. I really empathise with how she feels, so insecure about her friendships. The moment Sakuta woke up on the same day, I immediately knew what was happening. She had fallen for him, I didn't buy her lie at all. I knew where this was headed. It was going to be unpleasant, sad, tragic, but beautiful. And so I really enjoyed (and was really nervous) watching the repeats.

That moment at Enoshima near the shrines. Damn. That was best. What Sakuta said was sad but true. No matter how many times you repeat something, there's no guarantee someone's feelings will change. That's not what he exactly said, but feelings can change when you keep repeating something. What Koga said proves that. She can't let go, because she's fallen for him and keeps falling. She's trying her hardest to let go, accept, carry on. She's trying to force herself, she's half-lying to herself. But that's not working. She has to let it out, to not just accept it but ADMIT it. And it was sad. I was sad. Seeing her cry was really sad... I didn't want her to be sad, nor Sakuta nor Mai. But she's learnt, she's going to accept it. She'll become a better person for it. She's more mature than when this whole thing began. I was really sad that what she said was true, that she was going to lose her friends. But thank God she got new ones, BETTER ones! I didn't like the former group, felt like a bunch of superficial girls. Here's hoping more of her and good things for her in this series!

But damn she's really powerful. That was a simulation? Well, technically you could argue that. I don't know what to think. Whether it's something more like going back or restarting the loop, I wouldn't say that's a simulation. But that makes it sadder. And I'm a bit confused. Did the fake dating still happen? Or those scenes are now different, instead of fake dating, they went as friends? If so, that's pretty sweet. I'd like that version.

But finally Sakuta and Mai are dating (like really finally!).

And then comes Shoko Makinohara. I was really surprised to see her, the OP never revealed her face, didn't think it was her! Really want to know what's happening. Can't wait to watch again!
Jun 19, 2019 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa he got zapped all the way back to starting point!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 11, 2020 12:12 PM

Aug 2018
Well, I must admit that relationship between Sakuta and Mai works.. With how she'd like him to study more to go to the same university, and how she's giving him some bunny service, and how they trust each other.. It just works.. Even if I didn't really liked her story that much, I'll probably like other stories more, even Koga's story is more meaningful and enjoyable so far, more relatable as well.. But their relationship works regardless of that, I guess..
Well.. Koga is really getting her butt being thicc teases in this show, lol.. ;p Well, I like her more than Mai anyway more so far.. Even if Mai and Sakuta work together, and even if it's alright, I still prefer Koga's character more.. She's more interesting as person to me.. Though, Sakuta will still get whole lot of screen time, and maybe of different sides as well, so won't judge Sakuta still.. And Mai still will maybe get screen time as well.. And maybe if they won't change too much, their relationship still works..
Hm.. This time Koga is resetting time, because of feelings of love?..
Hm.. And again Sakuta with his "true" feelings.. I really don't like how main character tells his opinion as if it's truth, and even naming them as one.. Honestly, it feels that main character follows some possible feelings, but making it as the only truth?.. I quite dislike it.. And I guess he won't change in this, no matter how many times or alternatives are presented at him?.. I guess, it's his choice, and it still works in the end somehow, right?.. Still I quite dislike this personally myself..
I'm not sure, how satisfied I am with ending.. I guess, I am a bit more satisfied with this arc than previous one, though.. Because I honestly like Koga as a character, interested in her.. Even if maybe ending is questionable, it's not the ending to be honest.. She continues her journey.. And so far journey was quite interesting and relatable.. Well, hope she'll be able to have life she'll want.. Though, for now it's really unanswered, what kind of life she has.. Yeah, she might be ostracized by her group by turning that basketball player down, but it might not be the case really.. We actually see her with friends still after that, but is it stable like this, or not?.. We just really don't know.. And that's why ending isn't satisfying, but it's not bad either.. It's just not finished, really.. But the journey so far was great..
Hm, Makinohara Shouko takes stage.. The girl who saved Sakuta in the past?.. Interesting.. Excited to see more.. But maybe it's enough for today, I'd want to think more on Koga's route this evening..
So Koga grew up, as she said, huh?.. It's very unclear definition of what happened in the end.. Will she like manage to follow more something what she'll want?.. Be less with social pressure?.. Or something else?.. It's untold ending, really.. Journey was quite nice, though..
Mar 23, 2020 10:18 AM

Mar 2013
This guy gets on my fucking nerves sometimes. His sexual jokes aren't even funny. I give him credit for helping Koga out and beating the shit out of that jerk guy though.

Mai really is an incredible character. She's kind and understanding, and it's so cute how she gets shy and pretends not to. I get why Sakuta is in love with her and was capable of feign a relationship with another girl with no other intentions. She is making him into a better person.
HeiizeMar 24, 2020 11:09 AM
Mar 30, 2020 12:57 PM

Mar 2019
I feel bad for Koga, I hope things work out for her in the future
Apr 23, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2017
C'mon sempai you gotta' take advantage of that kouhai she's in love with you and shit.

Honestly how do you not just drop option A (girl who won't give you affection and doesn't like you much) for option B (thirsty kouhai who needs love now). Sempai must be craaaa-zy.

Honestly, bunny-girl is overrated. Even she can tell she's losing. The love is gone. I want a kouhai-snack and I need one now. Yum-yum.

This is totally a hentai harem game but it's great how Japan can just side-step conventional plot holes. It's totally a choose-your-girl-path anime but Japan just does romance right. In the west we can't even decide when it's appropriate to talk to a girl. Japan is just like, choose among 50 girls.

...Alright (sweats) if it's what I got ta' do.

Pretty good romance choose-your-girl anime so far. I'd have taken my kouhai for waifu and gone home but maybe that's just me. (shrugs, can't all be classy, y'know)

She's saying daisuke at the top of her lungs! How do you not just give in, he's totally in love with her, you lying rascal you!
Aug 11, 2020 12:49 PM

Feb 2020
Wow I really liked this arc, much more than the first one (surprisingly given the general opinion, I know).
For now, Koga is definitely my favorite character despite how much she annoyed me at first. She touched me so much... And she's very relatable. I wanted so hard to give her a hug at the end.
Sakuta is also a character I like. He is the typical cynical mc but he is very fun.
He particularly reminds me of Tomoya, my favorite Clannad character.
Mai is also growing on me. I still have a hard time understanding her success outside of her being a popular waifu material but she's easy to get attached to despite what I first thought.
Overall I can't say I love this show but it is really growing on me.
I wonder what is the next arc going to be about though. The new main girl will apparently be the mysterious one who helped Sakuta with his sister...
Sep 8, 2020 7:17 AM

Jul 2015
Well didn't expect any less from our rascal Sakuta, causing all this trouble because he and Koga wanted to kick each others butts (damn quantum entanglement). Seems like the timeline has been fixed to one without any misunderstandings (farewell timeline with Sakuta showing that Maezawa guy his place). Cute kiss on the cheeks by Mai there but I fear for some trouble now Shoko suddenly appeared.

Nov 11, 2020 8:20 AM

Apr 2013
Alright, this episode turned out much much better than I thought. I hoped that Sakuta would go back in time and get together with Mai and had given up already. And not only that, he even got a kiss for that. So far the two protagonists are really good, best episode so far.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2018

327 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 3, 6:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.