Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 14, 2018 12:12 PM

May 2018
Chiibi said:

My point is that sometimes people are wrong, even scientists.

But not about Pluto it's a minor difference even for cosmic scales.

Chiibi said:
And I didn't get that impression.

Obviously.

Chiibi said:

If the novels can explain it better than the anime

And this is an anime discussion and you said that even in the books they are kind of hard to understand.

Chiibi said:
Your "thurst" in Japanese people.......? Lmao. I've been to the country twice and I spent four years of high school studying their culture and I have a friend who lives over there.

And you know personally many couples like that?

Chiibi said:

............the f*ck are you talking about?

We definitely didn't watch the same show.

And maybe didn't went to same Japan? Alternative dimension?

Chiibi said:
We are talking about a boy who felt SO terrible over not being able to protect a whole guild that he tries to off himself on a suicide misson.

And it wasn't his fault.
And those guys were idiots written that way just to artificiality create this situation.
And it was forced drama that made no sense.
And this is a typical example of how bad SAO is.

Chiibi said:
We are talking about a boy who instead of saving himself, selflessly dives into a dragon nest with a girl he just met because he feels "nobody deserves to die alone".

He was pretty confident that he could pool it off.

Chiibi said:
We are talking about a boy who constantly puts his life at risk in order to protect his one true love; he tells her that he will "use his life for her because it belongs to her now" after she rescues him one time.

This is pretty much expected and in the first arc she saved him more times but in the second she was put in the damsel in distress role.

Chiibi said:
YEAH, WHATTA JERK. lol

He always win the big battles being a jerk or some helping him

Chiibi said:
BECAUSE OF SHIT LIKE THE ABOVE.

No, because the author have written them to act not very logically.

Chiibi said:
And it's not "every" girl. =_= Sachi was a friend (stated specifically in the novels), Yui is his surrogate daughter, Sinon is also a friend, Yuuki may have yuri feels for Asuna, and Alice and Selka have feelings for just Eugeo.

Part of those things not shown in the anime but looks like a regular harem to me.
Yui is OK tho because she is programmed to assist users.

Chiibi said:
Kirito in episode 1 and 2 is nothing like Kirito at the end of season 1....personality-wise.

I didn't get that impression.
Same guy.
Personally I liked him in the first episodes. Don't mind jerks for MCs (thus liking Gintama) they give fresh and more realistic point of view on problems and dilemmas. They are usually interesting...but Kirito failed to become one. And then the show begun to show him as hero and even saviour...pfff.

Chiibi said:
Um, RUDE? I most certainly do. I've been watching anime since the 90s, I've been reading novels since the time I learned to read, I've studied college courses in writing, etc.

And I watch anime and read books since the 80s but whatever.
In my experience SAO is very trashy show at least as content. This is generally OK because I watch trash but SAO in not a fun/entertaining one.

Chiibi said:
Stop calling it "incest" when not even America refers to cousin marriage as "incest". That's just ignorant.

Wow!
In this case I prefer being ignorant.
alshuNov 14, 2018 12:16 PM
Nov 14, 2018 3:29 PM

Nov 2008
alshu said:

But not about Pluto it's a minor difference even for cosmic scales.

Not the point.

And this is an anime discussion

Oh is it? I recall you specifically blaming the AUTHOR for the stuff you find "bad".

and you said that even in the books they are kind of hard to understand.

Not really.

And you know personally many couples like that?

I know it is a thing that happens.

And maybe didn't went to same Japan? Alternative dimension?

Don't act stupid.

And it wasn't his fault.

Kirito is a character who tries to put the world on his shoulders; it's both a strength and fault of his.

And those guys were idiots written that way just to artificiality create this situation.

Riiiiight because there's NO such thing as "inexperienced players for a game they never played before."
/sarcasm.

And it was forced drama that made no sense.

How?

He was pretty confident that he could pool it off.

Bullshit. He had no idea they would survive that fall. Also, your spelling is really bad.

but in the second she was put in the damsel in distress role.

Still fought to her best ability and what does this even have to do with Kirito's personality?

He always win the big battles being a jerk or some helping him

You mean like how most shounen heroes win big battles? :)

No, because the author have written them to act not very logically.

Do you not know how girls think or......?
I am a girl. I know how girls can think. Yes, Kirito is a catch. It would be weirder if they DIDN'T get crushes on him.

Part of those things not shown in the anime but looks like a regular harem to me.

And that makes it "bad" because......? Besides, now they are all friends who have formed a guild and they all get along great, respect each other, and have nice interaction and I think that's very awesome.

Same guy.

Well, he isn't. He was too scared and anti-social to even stick with Klein at first and now he's the fearless leader of the group with lots of important people whom he can rely on and whom can rely on him.

And then the show begun to show him as hero and even saviour...pfff.

Oh yes, how dare he do good things like save all the trapped gamers and help total strangers he's never met before; definitely shoulda let them ALL DIE; that's what a good protagonist does!

And I watch anime and read books since the 80s but whatever.

For someone who claims this, the way you write is pretty bad.

In my experience SAO is very trashy show at least as content.

Get more experience cause no.

ChiibiNov 14, 2018 3:33 PM

Nov 14, 2018 4:43 PM

May 2018
Chiibi said:

Not the point.

Also not the right example for your point.

Chiibi said:

Oh is it? I recall you specifically blaming the AUTHOR for the stuff you find "bad".

Because everything begins with him.

Chiibi said:
Not really.

Back pedalling?

Chiibi said:
I know it is a thing that happens.

And you know for sure that people want it to happen more?

Chiibi said:
Don't act stupid.

This is the only thing I do well.

Chiibi said:
Kirito is a character who tries to put the world on his shoulders...

Stopped reading after that. Can't disagree more.

Chiibi said:

Riiiiight because there's NO such thing as "inexperienced players for a game they never played before."

At this point they are in the game for some time. Not at the tutorial locations any more. Nobody would risk that much...not rookies. In a regular game yes, in a death game no.

Colonel Mustard did it in the kitchen with a rope.

Chiibi said:
Bullshit. He had no idea they would survive that fall.

Is this mentioned only in the books?

Chiibi said:
Also, your spelling is really bad.

My english is absolutely horrible to begin with. Sorry about that.

Chiibi said:

Still fought to her best ability and what does this even have to do with Kirito's personality?

Because this is a (cheap) way to make him shine and look somehow useful.

Chiibi said:
You mean like how most shounen heroes win big battles? :)

And most battle shounens are trash. Some of them at least joke about it.

Chiibi said:

Do you not know how girls think or......?

Real life or fictional - because those girls here act like in some male power fantasy.

Chiibi said:
Yes, Kirito is a catch.

If you say so.
For me he is some sort of inexplicable piling up of contradictory traits.

Chiibi said:

And that makes it "bad" because......?

Maybe not bad but annoyingly unoriginal and fanservice-y.

Chiibi said:
Besides, now they are all friends who have formed a guild and they all get along great, respect each other, and have nice interaction and I think that's very awesome.

Uhhh...OK.

Chiibi said:
Well, he isn't. He was too scared and anti-social to even stick with Klein at first and now he's the fearless leader of the group with lots of important people whom he can rely on and whom can rely on him.

Being sooo scared would make him choose to become part of a group. For me his motivation was a bit different - he didn't wanted to be dragged by other unexperinced guys or take responsibilities for them.
And later he have chosen to join the other guys because he was assuming (wrongly) that they are good enough.

Chiibi said:
[b]Oh yes, how dare he do good things like save all the trapped gamers and help total strangers he's never met before; definitely shoulda let them ALL DIE

I would like to see that. It would line up better with his methods.

Chiibi said:

For someone who claims this, the way you write is pretty bad.

Well most of them were translated in local language. I am using english only recently and in very limited and inappropriate fashion.

Chiibi said:

Get more experience cause no.

What do you recommend me to read for better understanding and respecting Kirioto?
Walter Scott, Robert Burns, Charles Dickens?
alshuNov 14, 2018 4:48 PM
Nov 14, 2018 5:40 PM

Nov 2008

Because everything begins with him.

That's where you're WRONG, sir. Because anime adaptations f*ck up the original works all the time.
ALL.
THE.
FRIGGIN.
TIME.

Back pedalling?

When did I say the novels are hard to understand? Show me where I said that.

And you know for sure that people want it to happen more?

I know for sure that it's not a big deal there at all.

Stopped reading after that. Can't disagree more.

That is why he blames himself for the death of that guild.....but whatever.

At this point they are in the game for some time. Not at the tutorial locations any more. Nobody would risk that much...not rookies. In a regular game yes, in a death game no.

People do stupid shit IRL all the time; do you watch the news?

Colonel Mustard did it in the kitchen with a rope.

Cute.

Is this mentioned only in the books?

I don't think he was positive in the anime either.

Because this is a (cheap) way to make him shine and look somehow useful.

Wrong. Asuna's situation was used to show how powerless he is in the real world; you really don't understand the series AT ALL, do ya?

And most battle shounens are trash.

The only "trash" one to me is DBZ......probably Naruto filler. One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Soul Eater, and especially BNHA are quite good in my opinion. I've heard Fairy Tail is bad but I haven't watched it so.

Real life or fictional - because those girls here act like in some male power fantasy.

REAL, duh. Those girls act the same way I did when I got crushes as a teenager. I can relate strongly to Lisbeth; it was almost like watching myself on screen. :p

Maybe not bad but annoyingly unoriginal and fanservice-y.

They want it to sell; that's why it's fanservicey and has lots of gurls. :/ I could do without the fanservice but I am not the target audience; Japanese male audiences are the ones who buy all the super-expensive blurays.

Being sooo scared would make him choose to become part of a group.

Which traumatized him for two years until he reunited with Asuna. But just because you are scared doesn't mean you won't try new things; that's what "courage" is.

For me his motivation was a bit different - he didn't wanted to be dragged by other unexperinced guys or take responsibilities for them.

Yes, that was true at first and then he developed genuine attachment to other people which illustrates his character growth.

I would like to see that. It would line up better with his methods.

Are you on crack?

What do you recommend me to read for better understanding and respecting Kirioto?
Walter Scott, Robert Burns, Charles Dickens?

Read the SAO novels; they're great.

Jan 2, 2019 9:17 PM

Dec 2014
Now is the good time to watch SAO Abridged. You're welcome.
Jan 2, 2019 9:31 PM

Nov 2016
Watch the First 13 Episodes of S1.If you don't like it then Don't Bother. The Show only gets worse from there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2019 9:34 PM

Dec 2014
Ryu1908 said:
I would find it refreshing if an anime actually tackled that subject in a mature way without pandering to some otaku fetish or pulling the "it's not really incest" card later on.
Here, my friend. And you're welcome.
Jan 3, 2019 5:22 AM

Aug 2016
thefreeloader said:
Ryu1908 said:
I would find it refreshing if an anime actually tackled that subject in a mature way without pandering to some otaku fetish or pulling the "it's not really incest" card later on.
Here, my friend. And you're welcome.

Seems interesting, thanks.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jan 3, 2019 5:24 AM
Jul 2018
justcaolan said:
There's never a good time to watch a bad show

Haha this ^
Seriously though, go for it. You'll either like it or not.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.