Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 7, 2018 9:52 AM
Jun 2015
Mmmm I attend graduate school for social work and do the bare minimum of my work >.<
I collect pusheen EVERYTHING
I also like knitting :3

I like most genre of anime except mecha and space.... >.>

I'm really shy about meeting new people so I don't have many friends IRL or online.
But I'd really like to make friends!

Nov 7, 2018 10:28 AM

May 2015
Seiya said:

Sure. First of all, when creating your language, you're going to want to create multiple text files in a word processor, making it easier to find everything. Here's some of the names of some of my text files:
... any more questions, let me know. :)

Cool thanks bro. When I get some free time, I'll jump back into it this way.

Nov 7, 2018 10:44 AM
Oct 2014
Don't want to give out too much info but I am currently an assistant athletic director and assistant basketball coach. I am surrounded by sports constantly and high school students from poor neighborhoods. Probably go back to uni to get my masters in a couple of years and hopefully try to work in the pros. I got back into anime a few years ago but I read a lot of manga in my free time. I draw as well. My life was either going to be an artist or doing something with sports or both hopefully.
Nov 7, 2018 10:49 AM

Jan 2016
I'm no one worth talking at great length about - just a video game and music nerd that studies one of his favorite things.
Nov 7, 2018 11:09 AM

Apr 2015
My...passion? In real life?

Something's not translating right here. Can you elaborate? Maybe use it in a sentence?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 7, 2018 11:50 AM

Oct 2015
Imagine actually having a real life in 2018. Smh.

Nov 7, 2018 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
IRL I work, mess around with martial arts practice, love sci-fi movies, draw, and have absolutely Zero social life.
Nov 7, 2018 1:16 PM
Aug 2016
I am a computer science student. Football (or what's called Soccer in some places) is definitely my passion. Other than that I listen music, play games, read magazines or novels.
Nov 7, 2018 1:47 PM

May 2016
hello.
im a 23 year old female. i went to school for nutrition and food science but didnt get a job relating to it really. i worked in food service for 8 months and saved enough money to go to france to study french. im here now and im leaving for japan in february. paris is cool but i wouldnt like to live here...its stressful in the city with the transportation and its pretty dirty.
i want to be in japan for a long time and try and get a non english teaching job that just requires conversational japanese...
but ya. typical person on here who wants to go to japan.
but its so safe and peaceful there. and theres anime...

but in reality idk what im doing really. just going with it
Nov 7, 2018 2:13 PM

Oct 2009
I'm telling any of ya 👋

118 pick up the phone Roy 📞
Nov 7, 2018 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
im a boring person my number 1 passion is Video Games i like Video Games more than i like anime and i spend way more time playing them

im also a collage student im on a level 1 catering coarse but i dont enjoy it
Nov 7, 2018 5:06 PM

Oct 2018
I'm in my senior year at my university at only 18 years of age (I graduated early). Majoring in Applied Sports Science, and also I'm currently training to become a professional golfer. Gotta pass Q School first though.
Nov 7, 2018 9:01 PM

Jun 2015
Rolix said:
what would you do if everything was your way?
never having to work bcz I have that much money, i'd do everything else,

travel, buy shit.... publish my novels myself. did I say travel? license shit all sorts of stuff....

instead
Nov 7, 2018 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
I'm currently working at GameStop as a guest advisor but I plan on going back to college sometime in the near future so I can get into the field of being a social worker/therapist for troubled adolescents. I feel like that's my calling in life.

Beyond that and anime, I guess my main hobbies are rhythm games (Dance Dance Revolution and In The Groove being my mains) and music. I'm not a musician or anything, but I am very passionate about music.
Nov 7, 2018 11:07 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
A Computer Science and Engineering major that on the side is a Voice Actor and large YouTuber. That's where most of my time is spent. Occasionally I hang out with college friends or play a videogame every now and then but besides all that watching anime is my only major hobby (I don't really count anything else I mentioned as a hobby, most of it if anything is really just work even if fun). Always watched a bit of anime every year but didn't really get into it until several months ago when I went through some shit and basically used working out and watching anime non stop for two months straight to cheer myself up and get past the shit I was going through (ended up watching hundreds of hours of anime lol).

Only 22 so I guess most of my life has been spent in school so far lol. Had been doing MMA and Skiing since a young age but had to stop once I graduated High School. Used to listen to more music too (every genre every decade) but now in college I just always use the opportunity to listen to educational podcasts instead rather than music (it just feels like a more productive use of time). Was a pretty normal guy in school but I guess I was always kind of known as the class comedian and one of those kids you see in a lot of Honors/AP courses. I guess I also throughout Elementary School and Middle School always liked to participate in a lot of leadership stuff and was always fairly popular but that kind of all went away in Highschool (at some point I guess fell into being less active and no longer stood out as much).

I'm probably going to grow up to work in the Tech Industry but I'd love if that could just end up being my fallback plan and instead I could become an Economist (that's what I'm minoring in) or better yet be able to pursue Voice Acting and YouTube for a living. Also interested in dabbling in some other stuff in the future as well like a certain app I've been meaning to develop or a certain novel series I've been meaning to write. Definitely wouldn't mind being able to dabble in charity work or politics when I'm older. Regardless though I have no clue what the future holds for me, just that I'm gonna keep on working hard and keep on loving anime lol.
Nov 7, 2018 11:15 PM

Jul 2014
Just an anti-social high school girl with lots of problems .__.

Nov 7, 2018 11:17 PM

Oct 2010
need a hot 20+ yr old non-mentally challenged girl to fix my life
lots of music -
Nov 7, 2018 11:37 PM
Jan 2018
incisorr said:
need a hot 20+ yr old non-mentally challenged girl to fix my life

No one's going to magically appear in your life and fix everything for you. That type of stuff only happens in movies. This is real life. It's no one's responsibility but your own to fix your life. Please don't spend your life simply waiting for something to happen, as chances are it won't. I recommend starting off slowly and building up to doing things differently than you are now. Baby steps.

I'm an engineering student. I do mashups and HQ rips when I get the chance; I love memes and reading.
Nov 8, 2018 12:01 AM

Feb 2010
I am me in real life. I can only be myself.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 8, 2018 3:52 AM

Jun 2015
I have a regular job, I love music (jazz, classical music, etc.), I love books, I love tea, I watch some sitcoms, I watch some movies, I watch some anime, I practise meditation... Just a regular person.

Nov 8, 2018 4:31 AM

Apr 2018
I'm an artist. I like drawing on digital mostly, other then digital I do water color and color pencil. I do a lot of more cartoony style then I would like to admit, and I'm working hard to improve on that and get a more realistic style. But overall I'm just trying to improve and move forward.

Other then that,
I like sewing,
crocheting and
playing card games with friends,
Also table top RPGs are the best.

MarkwindNov 8, 2018 4:35 AM
Nov 8, 2018 6:11 AM

Oct 2018
I'm a stereotypical introvert guy. Just kidding
I'm confident about my self, and I'm planning to study Genetic Engineering in Europe.
Nov 8, 2018 9:09 AM

Mar 2016
Besides my love for the geeky stuff, I'm a feral guitarist, basically, someone who learned to play through instinct, so that's my biggest reason why I can't teach people how to play guitar.
Nov 8, 2018 9:35 AM

Feb 2016
In the eyes of society? An utter failure of a human being. To myself? A veteran strategy gamer, an amateur (but enthusiastic) historian and a leading expert on unemployed living in middle-class Britain with 7 years experience.
--- + ---
"Random quotes in signatures are like friends. Everyone seems to have them, except me."
Sun Tzu, probably

Nov 8, 2018 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
im studying graphic design and IT and ima honor student. I really like music [listening, playing and rarely writing]. I also enjoy video games. I'm not very outgoing and I spend like 6-12+ hours everyday on the internet but I still manage to have a social life [friends, boyfriend etc]. I also enjoy creating crafts and cosplay. I want to have very short but easy life
Nov 8, 2018 11:37 AM
Aug 2016
You are aware that internet doesn't mean just anime and irl doesn't mean just outside anime, right?
I first read the title and I was like ''Oh, this person wants to know how we are irl'' and then I saw that in the thread you mention outside anime, and I was like ''Wut? Irl doesn't mean just outside anime, but outside internet in general and internet is not just about anime, but a bunch of stuff and that's just the surface internet that is just a small portion of the known internet and there is also deep web and even far from that is the dark web, etc, etc''
What was I talking about?
Nevermind ...
Nov 8, 2018 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
My real life is a mess currently
I'm an artist and a writer but not professionally until this most recent book gets published
I go to an online school and I try to show up every day but like I said life is complicated
and unfortunately due to the amount of disabilities I have, I'm not legally allowed to get a job or drive. (which my family consistently forgets)
I have several sleeping disorders, severe depression and I'm very very tired all the time

My boyfriend lives in AZ im going over in a few weeks to visit him for a few months

I also like comics and Greek/Roman history
old ps2 gayms
Crime TV shows and dumb reality TV like parking wars
Nov 8, 2018 12:53 PM

Mar 2015
My life is, to be honest sad, would it be different I wouldn't spend my time at mal or watching anime. I never really had a goal, I'm jealous of people who know what they want to do in their life. But at least I can say I can work that what I like.

My Personal life is also very cruel, most of my friends or all of my friends are in a Relationship or want to get Married. I never had luck with love still I'm hoping it will get better in this direction, life is like a rollercoaster than it drops but what should I scream for this is my theme park.

So even when everything doesn't turn out the way I want it, I'm still positive and motivated and never give up. If anyone needs someone to hear out just hit me on PM im always looking for friends even if its just online.
Nov 8, 2018 1:13 PM

Mar 2016
I'm 26 year old hard of hearing women who knows English, Japanese and Sign langauge.
I'm married to wonderful man and we have cute baby daughter.
I work as a full time Mother, since my daughter was born i don't have much time to enjoy old hobbys of mine like use to.
Before daughter was born i worked as Assistant Manager in a restaurant.

Nov 9, 2018 11:16 AM
Nov 2017
Hanako_San1992 said:
I'm 26 year old hard of hearing women who knows English, Japanese and Sign langauge.
I work as a full time Mother, since my daughter was born i don't have much time to enjoy old hobbys of mine like use to.

hey :p

how have you been?😎

glad to see you post
Nov 9, 2018 2:15 PM

Jan 2009
I'm an apprentice in computer engineering/networking in my third and last year. Aside from that, most of the stuff about me is something that can be looked up, hence why I'll cut it short:

I'm pan-Germanist, centrist, Lutheran (though more cultural, but I prefer to believe than to not believe) and have interests in my own country and culture, linguistics, history, psychology, politics, medicine and to a slight degree even in architecture and all kinds of other things.

Based on this thread, I'm INFP.

Based on my sleeping positions, I'm a gullible, quiet and reserved person who is tough at the outside but sensitive at heart, which describes me fairly accurate, most of the time.

I can talk lots in person, too, but for that, I need to get enough input and be interested enough in the topic and/or person.

My comment section and my PMs are open for personal questions/inquiries.
Nov 9, 2018 3:15 PM

Mar 2016
Rolix said:
Hanako_San1992 said:

hey :p

how have you been?😎

glad to see you post

Been staying busy mostly.
If not busy with my daughter or husband then i'm busy with some house work or friends.

Nov 9, 2018 9:08 PM

Sep 2018
maiko_june said:
hello.
im a 23 year old female. i went to school for nutrition and food science but didnt get a job relating to it really. i worked in food service for 8 months and saved enough money to go to france to study french.

relevant vid: , is France as "romantic" as in cliche hollywood movies?
Nov 9, 2018 11:40 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
A lot of my goals deal with breaking down borders which prevent people from enjoying the same forms of entertainment. So
Translation: I've taken a look at the content that's being created and realized it's often English-speaking countries, French-speaking countries, and Japan that makes a lot of content among others. So I'm learning as many of those languages as possible (currently majoring in Japanese but took four years of French).

And in my own works, I aim for accessibility with audio, transcription, and visuals.
I try to do more but I do still have a lot to learn.

And pretty much, that all started because it saddened me to know that some people weren't able to enjoy the same shows and such that I was able to-- or at least they weren't able to enjoy even as close to as comfortably as I could.

I go to university, work (about to be three jobs pretty much), work on my own projects, and train to get into my career of choice (which also relates to my goal).

I also try to get others to have fun creating things. I like encouraging people to delve into their creative side! Everyone has a story, after all, and I think it's important for people to tell them... and it's just really interesting to see their stories through their art.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 10, 2018 6:18 AM

May 2016
jesteri said:
maiko_june said:
hello.
im a 23 year old female. i went to school for nutrition and food science but didnt get a job relating to it really. i worked in food service for 8 months and saved enough money to go to france to study french.

relevant vid: , is France as "romantic" as in cliche hollywood movies?

lol wow that was funny. paris can def be romantic but there's a lot of factors that can make it not romantic for sure
Nov 10, 2018 2:34 PM

Aug 2018
I'm a twenty year old law-student, female, and active within my student association!

I can be a bit awkward with new people at first, as I find it hard to really open up to people, or I open up too much. I've gotten a lot better at that, however. I take my studies seriously, though not as seriously as people seem to think. I tend to come across as serious, no nonsense & hard-working to people, but I have a very silly sense of humor as people get to know me.

I value friendship above love, and I don't date extremist of any kind. I'm a pro-eu centrist myself, with a strong interest in environmental issues. I enjoy discussing politics, but I don't want to get into politics myself anymore.

I want to live a quiet life, I don't want to draw too much attention to myself, but be influential behind the scenes.

Nov 10, 2018 5:45 PM

Dec 2015
Well I'm a 24 years old guy living in a small city in Argentina.
I'm studying Information Technology at university. So yes, besides manga/anime I love science, computers, maths or just technology as a whole.

I have a passion for videogames too. In my free time, if I'm not watching anime or reading manga, I'm playing videogames. I have my Steam profile linked to my MAL's one.

One of my hobbies is searching information about random things in Wikipedia, for example history of a random country. Because that I know a lot of things about history or geography.

I don't have many friends but I can talk easily to new people. I tend to be very polite at first, but when I have some confidence, I can be more open.

I'm a very open mind person ("Live and let live") but I don't like talking about controversial things like politics, religion or soccer.

I don't like going out to discos or pubs, I prefer staying in my house watching a TV serie, a film, reading something or just playing videogames.

I've never had a girlfriend because I don't like 3D women I haven't tried to know a girl yet.

Anyway, these are some things about me.
ParkroverNov 10, 2018 8:48 PM
Nov 12, 2018 12:47 AM

Mar 2016
wouldn't you like to know

---

Actual answer:

I'm a 21-year-old female from Kansas(United States). I really really love animals. Seeing them always makes me happy. I currently have a hamster named Samuel! He's a very nice boy.

Some non-good things happened and I dropped out of school at 15. More non-good things happened, then some good things happened and I finally got my GED this year.
Going to be going to college next year, and study psychology.

I love psychology. It stimulates my brain so hard, wink. It's controversial, but I actually really like Sigmund Freud, even though I of course don't agree with all of his theories. I'm currently reading "The Psychopathology of Everyday Life," and it's absolutely amazing!

Now, for entertainment, I have to say that anime isn't actually my favorite thing. I mean, it's there, I like watching it sometimes... but it's not my entire world. My favorite genres of anime are shounen-ai, shoujo-ai, and psychological.

The entertainment I enjoy the most is Kpop. I've been into Kpop since 2011. I just absolutely adore it! I know a bit of Korean, but I'm not fluent unfortunately. I enjoy watching Korean dramas every now and then, especially historical ones.

However, these days I'm more into Thai dramas than Korean dramas. That is because I discovered the beauty that is boys' love Thai dramas. *Faint*

I also like reading male/male romance novels. Uhh, I guess you could say gay romance is my kink.. lol. Of course, lately I've been checking out non-fiction psychology books too, so perhaps there is hope for me to be somewhat normal after all.

Oh! Lastly, I suppose I should summarize my personality. Well, I am always joking around, to the point where it can be problematic. I have a tendency to take jokes even further when it turns out someone thinks I'm being serious.

Some other random facts which may be useful and/or entertaining to know:
- I would probably be an alcoholic if I could afford to buy alcohol more often
- I am pansexual
- I started learning Spanish for about 3 months and then I realized I don't really have a desire to learn Spanish
- I have spent some time trying to learn the Thai alphabet, but it's very hard..
- My favorite word in Korean is pronounced "moo-ji-gae" and means "rainbow".

This is a pic from a month ago, I'm pretty sure my face hasn't changed much since then but I'll update my post if I notice any sudden facial changes

Bonus Fact:
I can go months without logging onto MAL, but then sometimes I just have these periods where I get really bored and have to resort to these forums for entertainment. I am writing such a long post because I have nothing better to do.

I am concerned for anyone who actually read all of this, you must me more bored than I am.
KiyomiceNov 12, 2018 12:51 AM
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Nov 12, 2018 10:27 PM

Jun 2015
I'm a relatively young person just going through life. I got a lot of shit to figure out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2018 4:43 PM

Mar 2012
AimaTsuki said:
I'm a certificate agriculture and plant nourishment expert (as it's called here), but I lost interest in it and only use it on a hobby basis.
Went to art school but found out it was pointless, all you need to succeed as an artist is a big portfolio and good advertisement.
Studied some apothecary.
Trying to be pro at Japanese so I can read many Japanese books.
I have a passion for make-up, skin care and perfumes so I'm considering getting a new job with something like that.
My most valuable treasures are my manga, my plushies, and my girlfriend.
I enjoy reading about mythology language and philosophy.
Hip-hop is my fav music genres.
Tbh, I can probably write a book about myself but I'll leave a piece of myself everywhere I go, so if you want to know the real me you have to stalk me or get to know me.
An interesting mix of stuff. Keep doin’ you.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 13, 2018 4:52 PM

Mar 2012
Stripes said:
Graphic design and depression.

I also love analytical think pieces and fictional stories. Fun.
Do you have any favourite sites or authors for think pieces?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 13, 2018 6:19 PM

Oct 2015
I work in Market Research and its both boring and chaotic at the same time
depending on the day. On the side i also enjoy going to the gym or being outside.
Also game a ton. So its a mixed bag for me

"I wish I was sober to feel the pain
So many dark days I can’t explain"

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Nov 14, 2018 8:58 PM

Aug 2011
i'm a 25yo neet that doesn't have my life together due to un-diagnosed disorders probably
Nov 15, 2018 6:11 AM

Oct 2012
I'm an ex NEET basically broken by being the scapegoat for my insane narcissist mother and years of pretty extreme chronic illness and pain gradually becoming functional. Now I deliver pizza, have a boyfriend and even rent my own apartment and am trying to get in therapy and figure out what what the fuck I'm gonna do with my life. No looking back though, never gonna live with my crazy ass parents again.

Aside from that, I'm really interested in some American TV shows,, true crime, very specific types of video games ss well as a minor interest in history. Also, I really like weed.
ChromephoneNov 15, 2018 6:16 AM
Nov 15, 2018 6:51 AM

Nov 2016
Does being a shopaholic on Amazon count?
Nov 15, 2018 10:52 AM
Nov 2017
mamojama said:
i'm a 25yo neet that doesn't have my life together due to un-diagnosed disorders probably

i guess it really just depends on what you define as "having your life together".

I think most of us on here could say the same thing. :)
Nov 15, 2018 3:00 PM

Nov 2016
I'm a science student majoring in biology. Getting a Phd and working with cancer research or neurobiology is the dream. I work at a cinema. My hobbies are pretty much just films and music. As a person I'm a bit reserved, has a terrible drunk personality - and low-key passive aggressive which is masked by being platinum blonde.

Because when your hair is blonde that's apparently all there is.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Nov 15, 2018 8:16 PM

Jan 2012
I move an aluminum can full of meatbags from one city to another.
It pays well and gives me more time off than the average job.
Dec 8, 2018 4:54 PM

Dec 2015
Right now i am a university student it profile .
My current passion is medieval combat:
I do train in reconstruction group.
(Knights sport club)
Its the reconstruction of xiii-xv century knights fight probably all of you have seen some knights fights in some events at the castles etc so i joined to the one of grouo who do it .
If youre interested how it look like just type in youtube " battle of nations " ,"imcf" ," buhurt"or from my country "plwr"
Alot of people call it "manliest" sport somehow i agree with them but also there are some women who also trains that

I am also into music , art , drawing , videogames , history and knights

Actually from the second video in 1:14 this guy with beard and moustache is actually the captain of my group. ;)
ZettaikenDec 8, 2018 5:11 PM
Dec 9, 2018 5:47 PM

Apr 2018
I love music. Since I was 5 years old I started studying it. I have been playing the transverse flute since I was 7 years old and I do not regret having chosen it.

On the other hand, in the last two years I have been interested in cooking. I have been practicing, together with my family, to be more independent; In the near future I want to deepen in the bakery and pastry (Pâtissier).
RachibaDec 9, 2018 5:51 PM

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

9 by vasipi4946 »»
6 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by creepylurker »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 38 minutes ago

3 by rohan121 »»
28 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

27 by creepylurker »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 7 hours ago

13 by Lost_Viking »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.