Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Nov 5, 2018 12:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Maybe I'm old and everything, but i really don't understand idol anime. This is so confusing for me. What's the point of the story? There is no potential plot development. And the cringe, holy...
I think this is my worst anime experience ever. Even eromanga sensei wasn't that boring and cringe. I just don't understand who watches whole 12 episodes of these idol anime. Why don't you watch some quality titles that have plot and character development?
 
#2
Nov 5, 2018 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10158
This is more like an absurd comedy than an actual, legit, idol anime though. And it has plenty of quality imo, thanks for your concern but I'm fine.
 
#3
Nov 5, 2018 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 89
Because sometime you just want something to relax with and maybe get a chuckle or two.
An anime doesn't need to have a good plot or good character development to be great and enjoyable.

I think it's just not your type of anime.
 
#4
Nov 5, 2018 12:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Ocalino said:
Because sometime you just want something to relax with and maybe get a chuckle or two.
An anime doesn't need to have a good plot or good character development to be great and enjoyable.

I think it's just not your type of anime.



Yeah, i understand that. I don't try to make anyone dislike this title. I just try to understand it, because after watching some really good shounen and seinen anime and manga I lost any interst in any every day life kinda anime. Before that, I used to watch tons of slice of life and idols, but i don't remember anything from there. Maybe that's because nothing is happening to the characters.
 
#5
Nov 6, 2018 1:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1355
Spaceswimmer said:
Ocalino said:
Because sometime you just want something to relax with and maybe get a chuckle or two.
An anime doesn't need to have a good plot or good character development to be great and enjoyable.

I think it's just not your type of anime.



Yeah, i understand that. I don't try to make anyone dislike this title. I just try to understand it, because after watching some really good shounen and seinen anime and manga I lost any interst in any every day life kinda anime. Before that, I used to watch tons of slice of life and idols, but i don't remember anything from there. Maybe that's because nothing is happening to the characters.


The main issue here is that you expect an Idol anime, but this is not by far any kind of idol anime.

It is a nonsense parody with music elements. There is no need for any kind of plot, because it is simple based on the comedy and parody elements. It stays in the region it wants to be and that makes this one awesome for the people who enjoy these kind of shows.

It is similar to a great amount of the episode from Gintama. Gintama has a great amount on Pseudo-Shounen elements, where the "plot" and character actions do not make sense at all. That is simple based on nonsense parody and comedy.

Instead of Zombieland Saga though, Gintama follows a true plot with serious arcs. It is only filled with additional nonsense episodes.
 
#6
Nov 6, 2018 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 15
What do you mean by 'plot' and 'character development'? This show has a plot, not a pretentious one like most animes nowadays but it serves the show well, the characters are developing themselves by being more open between them, even Tae is understanding more, you don't always need to have super cliché traumatizing experiences every day to progress.
 
#7
Nov 6, 2018 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 18
Don't take this show seriously, what make this show good is the absurd comedy and parody.
Altough i hate idol show, this show is exceptional for me, yes this is idol show, but not just that, there is more,
and most important thing is this show is very entertaining.
 
#8
Nov 6, 2018 7:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 264
Spaceswimmer said:
Maybe I'm old and everything, but i really don't understand idol anime. This is so confusing for me. What's the point of the story? There is no potential plot development. And the cringe, holy...
I think this is my worst anime experience ever. Even eromanga sensei wasn't that boring and cringe. I just don't understand who watches whole 12 episodes of these idol anime. Why don't you watch some quality titles that have plot and character development?


One thing you should understand is who their target audience is.
This show clearly is NOT targeting us outsiders and instead for Japanese viewers to come and visit Saga prefecture.

I won't surprise that many people like you got confused with this show and expecting a plot or something. Heck, I would not even dare to recommend this show to others as it contains lots of reference only Japanese people get.
Psst...
Hey, You use Windows 10? Great!
Wanna try Cafeine to simplify accessing your collections, or even your "collections"? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No no no, you won't find it in the market, or even a store, no.

Try it first before others gotta get it publicly sooner or later!

Thank you.
 
Top