Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2018 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even though Minato is out there practicing his archery, I really wonder how much his heart is in it. Too bad he's still missing his shots.

Another character I took more notice of this episode is Kaito. He's always in a pissed off mood but I don't think he's really bad guy. He does need to improve his skills though if you ask me. Nanao is like the light in the dark tunnel of the show. He's always bringing the cherry mood to the show.

Nov 4, 2018 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
Everyone's welcoming him, except that guy who is always in bad mood. He expected someone would be against him joining.

Merhama, huh...

So those beginners one by one got away. They are indeed not serious.

The teacher can sense that there's something that made main guy join. Megane guy is being patient.

The condition "Hayake" is written as "early air" huh. The friend met senpai with glasses and found a shop owner who gave him solution to it. Main guy also gave him diary from that long hair guy, and it seems like the friend got the copy.

The reason the guy always in bad mood is he wants challenge.

lol @ friend guy and the guy who is popular with girls somehow became friends and wanting the guy who always in bad mood and main guy to be well in term.

Megane guy asked main guy the reason, and others who were curious about the clean up, heard it. That includes that guy w. bad mood, so that their plan don't need to be proceeded. The friend guy wanting to help main guy out at least got the guy w. bad mood to keep main guy.

Oh, so the megane guy in the bookstore is a member from the high school w. winning record.

That long hair guy, who cut his hair, is the new teacher?! and the guy w. bad mood also knows him!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 4, 2018 10:32 AM

Oct 2017
Such a great episode.

Love all the chemistry built between members.
It feels very real and touching at the same time.

Also this Love Heptagon is getting really interesting :P
From my observation the relationship is like this:
Nanao likes Kaito. Kaito likes Ryōhei. Ryōhei & Seiya like Minato. Minato likes Masaki.
This is getting really interesting :3
Nov 4, 2018 11:22 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I really like how the show feels very down to earth. I can see that all the members love Archery with a passion and really want to do their best but it's kinda different from other sports anime especially something like Haikyuu where the passion is overflowing so blatantly.

I liked the cheesy conversation between Seiya and Minato so uh yeah. XD
Glad to see Onogi acknowledging Minato even it's 'just for now'.

I love all the tsundere comments in the show, always makes me laugh.

Masa-san for coach. :D
Nov 4, 2018 11:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that did well in showing the first day of Minato as he went back to the club. Though its good that his friends welcomed him its too bad that not everyone was the same. At least they lost the fans. Its nice that we got some expansion on Seiya and Ryouhei's characters. Letting go of his pride must have been difficult but shows how serious Minato is. In the end its good that the club members heard Minato's story and realized just how determined he is. While it won't have instant results it's a good first step. The choice of coach sure was surprising.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2018 11:56 AM

Oct 2018
Oh wow, this was a really good episode! The boys helping each other out was so calming, I love their dynamic! Ryohei and Kaito interacting at the end was done really well, especially the line "I may not believe in Minato, but I believe in you Ryohei", that was wonderful, even though it was cheesy heh.

Ryohei is such a great guy, trying to help Minato out, even though it turned out to be useless at the end. Nanao was cute as always, I thought he would secretly be a shallow dude, but he seems like an actually nice guy.

Kaito getting character development this episode was a surprise, he's still an arse but he's not as much as an arse as before.

The girls, absolutely wonderful, I'm in love. The black-haired one, in particular, has me, but they're all wonderful! there's gonna be lot's of ship art between them now that two of the girls called the third girl hotter than all the guys

Masa-kun at the end, I'm fucking gay was a surprise, but Kaito also knows him? I need answers!

I can go on and on about this show, and how beautiful it is and how much I love the characters but imma stop it here...

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Nov 4, 2018 12:00 PM

Dec 2008
Onogi is so fucking annoying
Nobody gives a shit, dude
what're you gonna do, take away his bow?

Unexpected connection with Masaki though (I'm not gay but he looked better with long hair, though he's still hot)
Nov 4, 2018 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
So "Merha" comes from "Merhaba", lol.

Neat episode, it was so chill and with good character interactions.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 4, 2018 12:09 PM

Apr 2009
Boring episode about a thing that in the novel took a couple of lines. Hopefully the next episode manages to recapture some of the spark the previous episode had now that Masaki and Minato gets to interact again.

Nov 4, 2018 12:58 PM

Apr 2008
I've always liked Ryouhei but he really grow on me so much this episode, such a sweetheart! xD
Also, I'll be honest, did not expect that Masa-san reveal at all ^^;;;
Nov 4, 2018 2:50 PM

Apr 2018
I can't say why, maybe it's his personality, or voice, but Nanao reminds me of Nagisa from Free!
Great job Minato, you love archery and you're trying hard to be back on track!
So, even Kaito knows that Masa guy (let's call him sensei, it'd be appropriate from now on): maybe he'll end accepting Minato thanks to Masaki himself, next episode is already really promising.
Nov 4, 2018 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
I liked this episode quite a lot. Loved that the drama still had a relaxing vibe to it.

Masa-san is here to coach Kazemai and I quite find him intriguing. It's slowly getting better for me.
Nov 4, 2018 3:14 PM

Dec 2016

Masaki's long hair is gone?? ºAº; No way! He's still handsome anyways, but I'm gonna miss his old hair cut =w=

Masaki's gorgeous long hair will forever be in my sweet memory <3

So Onogi also knows Masaki? That caught me by surprise, especialy the moment when both Onogi and Minato shout Masaki's name XD Oh boy... anyways, cool episode :)
PurpleGirl203Nov 4, 2018 3:27 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 4, 2018 4:06 PM

Jun 2014
Thank goodness the bloated hoard of irrelevant and generic characters left the club. I was afraid they would stay and make it difficult to pick out who is supposed to be the core cast.
Nov 4, 2018 4:31 PM

Oct 2015
That Onogi bastard pissed me off with that male tsundere ish! The dude should've quit instead spouting nonsense like "I won't acknowledge Narumiya", who cares!

Anyways, this was a good episode and I see they are officially in the group tournament. But most of all they acquired a coach in Masa.

I wonder how does Onogi know him though? I guess we will find out in the next episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 4, 2018 4:37 PM

Oct 2015
Mithdran said:
I can't say why, maybe it's his personality, or voice, but Nanao reminds me of Nagisa from Free!
Great job Minato, you love archery and you're trying hard to be back on track!
So, even Kaito knows that Masa guy (let's call him sensei, it'd be appropriate from now on): maybe he'll end accepting Minato thanks to Masaki himself, next episode is already really promising.
True.

They both have that annoying trait behind them, except Nanao is popular with the girls and Nagisa acts like a girl.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 4, 2018 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
Another good episode, and it consolidated my love for Ryouhei!

First I'm really glad with this development; Masa-san's support, and existence were enough to drive Minato to try again to get better, to rekindle his love for archery, and I love it!

Back to Ryouhei, he was insensitive when he asked Minato if he was cured of the Target Panic as if it were a simple cold or something, but he realized it, and he took the initiative to do something to help Minato after talking about it with Seiya. Minato will never know I guess, about Ryouhei's earnest admiration. And I almost feel bad for him because the diary he got was a copy of the one written by Masa-san, and he already gave the original to Minato, but his good intentions, and efforts were sincere; he really is a ray of sunshine.

He was also the one who intervened, and made Kacchan "accept" Minato, but I really hate his attitude, acting as if he were the owner, and king of the Kyuudoubu; he is insufferable, the reason he is like this is shallow too, like because "he truly cares" or something, but the way he decided to believe in the Ryouhei who believes in Minato was really cool! But I guess that he won't "accept" Minato for a while now, if he goes down the road of jealousy because of Masa-san or something, because surprisingly he also knows him, and he even calls him "Masa-san" too! Things are bound to get even better with Masa-san being present, and Minato doing his best to overcome his problem with his guidance.
Nov 4, 2018 5:16 PM
May 2007
PurpleGirl203 said:

Masaki's long hair is gone?? ºAº; No way! He's still handsome anyways, but I'm gonna miss his old hair cut =w=

Masaki's gorgeous long hair will forever be in my sweet memory <3

omg don't do this to me. His beautiful long hair didn't last long but that behind-the-ear hair tuck is even more beautiful. I can't help wondering if he had short hair and grew it long for a reason or not.
Nov 4, 2018 6:03 PM

Sep 2017
Lol Kachan is so tsundere. So we've got a clear first arc set up with a rival school for the tournament. And of course the guy from Minato's team in junior high will be the ace of the rival school. I was wondering if they are gonna keep Masaki in the show, but bringing him on to be a coach makes a lot of sense. Kachan also knew him from before, so that could bring some more conflict between him and Minato. But also maybe another reason to connect.
Nov 4, 2018 7:12 PM

Jul 2016
Well, that guy Onogi was really annoying during this episode but at least, I'm glad he'll calm down and suppress, if it's possible, that childish attitude towards Minato I mean, "acknowledge" Minato?... like, who the fuck you think you are?... so yeah, I hope that attitude ends here.

On the other hand, Ryouhei acted like a really good friend. His personality might be a little too enthusiastic for my taste but there's no doubt about how much he appreciates his friends. He searched for info and talked to people for references to help his friend so I appreciate his efforts.

So Masaki will train them for the competition, which I think it's nice since I like his character although the whole situation was very convenient if you ask me but well. Sooooo... he'll train throwing arrows while having half his chest expose too, like in the first episode or... Oh! and where did his long hair go!?
Nov 4, 2018 7:24 PM

Aug 2015
Uh, am I the only one concerned that a guy just walked into a public library with a weapon? Maybe it's because I work at one, but bow and arrows, even disassembled, seem like they should be no-no in a library.
Nov 4, 2018 8:48 PM

Aug 2011
I'll hate one Onogi until his character gets better.
Nov 4, 2018 9:13 PM

May 2017
This show is so corny and gay at times, also none of the characters are upto my liking. Anyways the anime is pretty good, also glad to see Masa back and that too as their coach. Btw the background music is pretty good I love it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2018 10:15 PM

Dec 2016
He became exactly what he hated in the span of one episode lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 5, 2018 1:14 AM

Mar 2016
While I don't like characters that are angry all the time, we knew Kacchan'd show his dere side to the protagonist one day. I am glad they put it as early as the third episode. (See BnHA! That's what you should've done with your Kacchan as well. Get the obvious parts out as soon as possible!)

The cousins and the protagonist's loud friend need to either be watered down a bit, or slowly removed from the story. They are too annoying.

I knew the teacher would be the guy Minato had got himself acquainted with. The writers probably knew that the audience would predict it, and I love that they surprised us using Kacchan's reaction. (Still don't like him, though!)

It's nice that they decided to admit that the fangirls are annoying.

I thought this was the seventh episode. When I was updating my list, I was quite surprised to learn that it was only the third. This anime feels much longer than it actually is.
Nov 5, 2018 1:16 AM

Nov 2017
This guy just ask for a smack in the face!!!!
Nov 5, 2018 2:47 AM

Apr 2018
Is the conflict between Manato and Seiya already solved ? It was a bit fast. I guess we'll still see more of their background later.

Very good episode ! The bonds between the characters are slowy growing. Kai is your typical angry-but-kind-hearted character who will become more friendly at the second half of the anime. I don't dislike him.
Nov 5, 2018 5:43 AM

Jun 2014
Apparently nobody shortens "merhaba" to "merha" in Turkey, but you do you, quirky anime boy

Well, I like seeing the Minato's determination, but yeah, the other dude was really childish with withholding his approval and stuff
Nov 5, 2018 11:36 AM

Jan 2012
This episode definitely didn't sit well with me. I quite enjoyed the two first one but urgh this was so irritating. So cheesy too.

Who cares about scary!dude not acknowledging the target panic!dude? Like who does he think he is? Since when does one have to be accepted by him before practicing at the club? Does he think the other likes missing the target? Since when can only the best ones do kyudo? OMG I can't stand him. Hopefully his attitude will change.

I also still don't quite get how mc developed his target panic but oh well. Guess I'll go see through the comments if I have time.
Nov 5, 2018 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
It looks like Onogi knows Masaki. Was he Onogi's teacher at some point?

Nov 6, 2018 6:53 AM

May 2017
That Onogi bastard pisses me off, yeah yeah tsundere blah blah, if I were the MC I'd told him off, like don't need your acknowledgement lol, who is this guy, he's not the captain, he don't own the club, he can shove his acknowledgement in his arse
Nov 6, 2018 8:32 AM

Mar 2012
Ah, this is so stupid. Who gives the f if you don't acknowledge him? Sure you're entering a group competition with him, then just half ass it and do your individual? I can't see anything here but weak writing tbh. The acknowledgement shit is just something to add to the plot, doesn't serve anything else.

Lyrisia said:

I also still don't quite get how mc developed his target panic but oh well. Guess I'll go see through the comments if I have time.

I think it's something akin to the more eager you are, the more likely to mess it up.

Nov 6, 2018 12:32 PM
Nov 2015
meha!!! we ar ein love with this anime. it's awesome.
Masa and Fuu so very amazing. we love them
Kacchan is so cute ahhh we love everyone so much
great episode anyway
Nov 6, 2018 3:36 PM

Oct 2008
nice! They've got a competent coach!
4/5.

Nov 18, 2018 10:34 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Huge sigh.
Gotta pump up that pretty unnecessary drama somehow, right? (No, you don't.) Also, it's probably more like they didn't want to draw that crowd anymore is why nearly everyone quit, lol.
Also, why'd the shopkeeper just kinda HAVE those notes/diary there? Like, for real? Their half-arsed explanation for it too. lol

I do like the female characters. They're actually like 'Yo, we're not here to pander. In fact, f*** you". A+
I guess I was wondering how they'd actually use Masaki. Now we know.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 29, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2017
Masaki is back with short hair xD. It seems that Ryouhei wants to help Minato to overcome his target panic.

Onogi is such a tsundere xD.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 3, 2019 8:23 AM

Apr 2015
the amount of douchebagery in this episode was overwhelming. the red haired guy is totaly unbearable. illogical all the time, so annoying to watch him acting like a boss who thinks his opinion matters. the glasses guy is annoying too, why is he so nosy thinking everything is his bussiness? lucky that I enjoy watching kyudo, otherwise I would be thinking about dropping it.
OberonFelsachJun 3, 2019 8:34 AM
Dec 12, 2020 8:25 AM

Jun 2020
Ofc they would cast KageyamaIshikawa Kaito as Kaito, what a perfect fit hahaha

Ryohei is such a sweetie. Him doing all that research for Minato & holding back when he saw that Minato was already practicing what he had researched. Ah the subtleties, I wonder who is going to be my favourite, as of now it’s definitely Ryohei, he definitely won me over this episode

Woooo Masa-san as their new coach!!!! Things are gonna be interesting

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 27, 2021 8:53 AM

Jun 2015
My hottie!
I almost couldn't recognize him without the hakama and the tiny ponytail.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 14, 2022 1:27 AM

Feb 2020
Onogi is such a generic male tsundere. xD

Well, at least now they can start practicing for the tournament.

Masaki will be their coach. Nice! :)
Aug 27, 2022 3:59 AM
Apr 2022
Oct 2, 2022 6:18 PM

Aug 2019
NOOO!! MASA’S LONG HAIR!!! BRING IT BACK

and I’m absolutely sure that they’ll be fighting over Masa lmao
Oct 14, 2022 4:22 PM
Mar 2020
hope they can all get along soon! when kaito and Narumiya said masaki at the same time omg so cute <3
Jan 3, 2023 5:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally he's making his move and joining the club, we'll see how it goes
Feb 19, 2023 11:29 AM

Jul 2013
Liking it so far!!
May 20, 2023 1:55 PM
Mar 2021
The story moves smoothly and the anime tries to develop the main cast but the pacing is kind of slow

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2018

47 by DishonoredRonin »»
Mar 3, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2019

37 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 7, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

50 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 7, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2018

40 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 6, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2019

90 by Xionea »»
Apr 13, 2023 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.