Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 26, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2009
That was an enjoyable series. I found it really compelling to the point that I lost track of time and finished it swiftly. I liked the whole story, how waging wars intertwined with daily life, plot development and the characters. They also wrapped up things nicely except the Yuzuha's part. It's kinda surprising Hakuoro possess supernatural powers which he used to save Aruruu but he couldn't cure Yuzuha's illness.

The last scene was really moving, especially when Hakuoro parted away with Eruruu and exclaimed to "stay there", but she leapt into his arm, embraced him and kissed him finally. It was sad alone but with this touching music playing in the background I almost become watery-eyed. Kimi ga Tame - what a marvelous song! I'm also glad she openly stated her feelings. I really hope we will see their reunion in the future. OST in this anime is truly decent. Usually I skip the opening, but this time I listened to it in every episode.

I'll really miss this series. I wish they would adapt the 3 season soon. 9/10 overall.

Fai said:
Yuzuha was ill after all. She never would have lived long. Yuzuha plays a very important role in the story but pretty much entirety of it was cut in the anime.
As for why she was there, well the anime omitted it but it is still canon -

Thanks for clarification. Now I feel somehow disgruntled because anime omitted some important parts. To completely experience Utawarerumono storyline and unravel new facts I have to play the VN since it's more complex and detailed. Totally forgot that was the main purpose of anime - to advertise the VN. ehh I wish they had LN.
Sep 26, 2018 2:24 AM
Dec 2014
FuzzyWuzzy said:
That was an enjoyable series. I found it really compelling to the point that I lost track of time and finished it swiftly. I liked the whole story, how waging wars intertwined with daily life, plot development and the characters. They also wrapped up things nicely except the Yuzuha's part. It's kinda surprising Hakuoro possess supernatural powers which he used to save Aruruu but he couldn't cure Yuzuha's illness.

The last scene was really moving, especially when Hakuoro parted away with Eruruu and exclaimed to "stay there", but she leapt into his arm, embraced him and kissed him finally. It was sad alone but with this touching music playing in the background I almost become watery-eyed. Kimi ga Tame - what a marvelous song! I'm also glad she openly stated her feelings. I really hope we will see their reunion in the future. OST in this anime is truly decent. Usually I skip the opening, but this time I listened to it in every episode.

I'll really miss this series. I wish they would adapt the 3 season soon. 9/10 overall.

Fai said:
Yuzuha was ill after all. She never would have lived long. Yuzuha plays a very important role in the story but pretty much entirety of it was cut in the anime.
As for why she was there, well the anime omitted it but it is still canon -

Thanks for clarification. Now I feel somehow disgruntled because anime omitted some important parts. To completely experience Utawarerumono storyline and unravel new facts I have to play the VN since it's more complex and detailed. Totally forgot that was the main purpose of anime - to advertise the VN. ehh I wish they had LN.

Yeah anime adaptations are usually just ads for the books or games. I watched this show in preparation for the sequel VNs on the PS4. Just started Mask of deception yesterday.
Jul 4, 2019 1:52 AM
May 2017
The ending really disappointed me.... like seriously....

the anime was going amazing, until the machines appeared, but then I said it's still fine, until like, everything changed, like if it became totally a different anime, just like what happened in Darling in the Franxx, everything got randomly into eachother, so sad..

I gave it 9 but not sure if I can keep it after I finished it, really loves the start, won't say it's REALLY BAD, it's OK and I really loved the anime.
I think I can give it 8.8/10, thanks for such an amazing anime, hoping for a season 2!
May 4, 2022 4:13 PM

Jul 2017
Despite its flaws (particularly surrounding the sci-fi elements and how they were introduced and some of the antagonists being really underwhelming), I liked the first game and enjoyed the characters and progression there. But with this anime adaptation and rewatching it, I felt really disappointed in the adaptation feeling super rushed and having many characters that had moments to shine and build bonds with feel really hollow due to a time constraint. The Kuuya arc was terribly executed in the anime and the last few episodes have been an extreme mess too. The parting was bittersweet in the VN despite some flaws like hinted before but the anime didn't come close to delivering on those emotions since it did a poor job with the cast in my opinion compared to what it could have been. It ain't the worst game/VN adaptation ever but this was massively underwhelming as a whole with many things sadly.
May 13, 2022 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
A nice an emotional final episode to end it at least.

I'm not sure what to think after the second half, I really enjoyed the first parts of it but there's something off with the rest. The writing choice throughout this half is jarring, and it makes it hard to connect the second and third seasons to the first like the games did. Transitioning from event to event doesn't flow as coherently and there is a lack of build up for points like Mutsumi. I guess it's one of the prices to pay for having a VN adaptation, and I'm somewhat afraid for the sequels.
Jul 24, 2022 5:13 AM
Feb 2011
Dii: You've won, the world is yours. I'm going back to sleep.
Hakuoro: No, I must fight you
**battle ensues and they merge**
Hakuoro: Quick put me to sleep, I don't know how long I can hold him.

Bro, was the fight even necessary? He was gonna do that by himself.

Aaaaannd, you're a God! Couldn't you help Yuzuha? Didn't even say goodbye to her smh

I'm in the middle of the game now and I'm hoping it will have a more satisfying ending.

*update*
Finished the game...really good and provides more context to his reasoning and decision. Although sad, it's totally understandable. He doesn't want him or Dii to be the cause of pain and suffering anymore and willing to sacrafice himself to make it so.
Mr_CleanJul 28, 2022 10:11 PM
Dec 26, 2022 6:27 PM

Dec 2018
this was insane. really good ending; had me tearing up. I still have a ton of questions though.
Mar 15, 2023 11:42 AM
Dec 2022
Bit slow, bit weird but good anime overall
Dec 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Jun 2007
It was decent, if infuriating at times. I hate how in anime people just stand around rather than attacking their enemies. Happens too often in this show. Like when that old guy antagonist confronts Hakurou in the burning building and he runs off. Hakurou and team just... lets him? Old man can't run that far or fast, lol, you telling me nobody could have caught him?? Unlikely. I'd have had to throw it in Touka's face about how she claims to be all noble and fighting for justice... fighting for the side that slaughtered a whole village of women and children. Real noble. When he catches up with Kuuya, instead of any recrimination about the killing of his people and most notable Aruruu, he wants to give her a hand. Then there is Uratori. She knew all along everything about him, and knew he was desperate for any clues to his missing memory, and said nothing. I'd have given her some serious shit when I returned after she let him know she knew all about it. Then he still doesn't want to fight Mutsumi, after she too slaughtered a shitload of innocents with her satellite attack.

Not enough people getting called on their bullshit in this show, lol. But those gripes aside, it was decent.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I found an Hidden Gem

Naveen6662246 - Apr 9

7 by 0Unknown0 »»
Apr 10, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

22 by Lolicon »»
Nov 7, 2023 8:52 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 4 Discussion

aero - Dec 27, 2008

21 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 9, 2023 9:35 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

18 by fast2611 »»
Mar 8, 2023 8:55 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Dec 24, 2008

22 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 22, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.