Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 11:02 PM
Jan 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Is it just me or is the animation worse in this episode? The original animation was already ridiculously old, but this one was literally completely 2D (you know what I mean). Facial expressions, especially the eyes, were lackluster and certain characters are missing from shots ex: breakfast scene in part 2 (only Maruko and her mom were there). This new "style" really undermines the charm of the show, and I sincerely hope that it doesn't last very long. The marathon felt a little rushed and the payoff was a little disappointing. The French Cuisine episode was a good old Chibi Maruko-chan episode that I enjoyed, but the animation really hindered some of the moments. Regardless, on to the next episode!
Aug 1, 2020 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
I've never been to a fancy restaurant like that, not only because I couldn't afford it, but also because they don't exist in my small town, lol.

Also, Maruka got her own doll set, but ended up not getting a certificate for the marathon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chibi Maruko-chan Episode 97 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Mar 8, 2023

2 by NekoZamurai »»
Jan 28, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Chibi Maruko-chan Episode 113 Discussion

VivaceRex - Nov 8, 2023

0 by VivaceRex »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Chibi Maruko-chan Episode 101 Discussion

VivaceRex - May 28, 2023

0 by VivaceRex »»
May 28, 2023 12:46 AM

Poll: » Chibi Maruko-chan Episode 95 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Jan 15, 2023

1 by VivaceRex »»
May 21, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Chibi Maruko-chan Episode 88 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Oct 31, 2022

2 by VivaceRex »»
May 13, 2023 9:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.