Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2018 10:26 AM
Apr 2012
illidanST7F said:
this wasn't an anime original episode, the rookie adventurers part was from the 1st ch of the side manga' brand new day', the rest was some bits of ch 10 and chapter 17 of the manga but it looks like they are swapping the order of the arcs, they probably want to use the invasion arc for the season finale, maybe that was the original order in the LN? idk, apparently the anime is adapting the LN and not the manga. still this is gonna be a weird order of episodes

According to the Goblin Slayer wiki, nope. The Village Defense is in volume 1. Sword Maiden is volume 2. They switched it.
Nov 3, 2018 10:29 AM

May 2018
Shadzzo said:
Blue_Reaper said:
calm down people, this episode adapts from side story manga: goblin slayer brand new day, it's not a filler and nobody said they're gonna skip the village war arc. It's very understandable since they only adapt one volume of the LN, so of course they're gonna add some more material from side story manga.
i predict village war arc will be in last 4 episode of the anime.

They skipped to the Sword Maiden arc. Makes no sense if village war happens after this.

Sword maiden didn't even got VA dude, they just teasing it
i believe the next three episodes is another filler from brand new day
Nov 3, 2018 10:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Shadzzo said:
Blue_Reaper said:
calm down people, this episode adapts from side story manga: goblin slayer brand new day, it's not a filler and nobody said they're gonna skip the village war arc. It's very understandable since they only adapt one volume of the LN, so of course they're gonna add some more material from side story manga.

They skipped to the Sword Maiden arc. Makes no sense if village war happens after this.
I was thinking about this just now but yeah I think you're right....Damn, why'd they decided to skip that arc =/
Nov 3, 2018 10:32 AM
Jun 2009
Blue_Reaper said:

Not exactly... because Brand New Day manga is only adaptation of 4 volume of the LN - which is a collection of side stories.
Nov 3, 2018 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
It makes sense in many ways the village war arc makes for a better climax then the sword maiden arc.
Nov 3, 2018 10:34 AM

Dec 2017
holy fuckerino what have they done with the adapation... why would you include the spin-off in this one, especially at this timing, man
Nov 3, 2018 10:36 AM

Jul 2016
Seems that they decided to use the subplot of the daily life of rookie adventurers in the side story Goblin Slayer Brand New Day. Quite a nice change of pace for the monster killing variety since the shows been killing goblin since episode 1.

Some side characters gets fleshed out and the was gold to see Witch's hidden inventory between her cleavage lol

For any Manga and LN readers, don't panic for the skip of the latter part of Vol 1 and jump straight to Vol 2 since it should a deliberate move from White Fox. The climax of Vol 1 is most probably in the season finale since the Climax of Vol 1 suits better to end the series than Vol 2.
Nov 3, 2018 10:37 AM

Jul 2012
Blue_Reaper said:
Shadzzo said:

They showed the letter from SM requesting GS which starts the arc. What kind of tease is that at the episode 5 lol?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
So we watched a kid get his sword back and some shithead try to lie his way through his promotion exam. That's great and all, but I want to see some goblins. That's why I'm watching this show. And while I'm on that train of thought, it was pretty funny when GS assumed the receptionist was going to tell him about a goblin-related mission, then turned around to leave when she said it wasn't lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 3, 2018 10:40 AM

Nov 2014
His fixation on goblins is kind of cute tbh. If I didn't see first episode, I'd think it's some comedy.
Nov 3, 2018 10:41 AM

Dec 2017
it would be nice if they slip in a side story once every arc

let’s just hope they switch the arc to Sword Maiden first then the Village War for the final episode.

because really, the end of Village War arc can become a pretty good way ending of the series rather than Sword Maiden arc, at least in the manga.

Nov 3, 2018 10:44 AM

May 2018
Shadzzo said:
Blue_Reaper said:

They showed the letter from SM requesting GS which starts the arc. What kind of tease is that at the episode 5 lol?

just wait for the next week then, too early to jump into conclusions. Since the beginning i always believe this anime wouldn't get to vol 2 bc SM didn't got VA. She's a key people, too weird if they didn't announce her VA.
Nov 3, 2018 10:45 AM

Jul 2017
I'm assuming this is like a calm before the storm episode. It was pretty dull tbh. By far the weakest episode of this series so far.
Nov 3, 2018 10:46 AM

Nov 2016
After reading all these comments, I'm not really surprised that this episode isn't part of the main plot. It was ok, but I'm watching this show for different reasons.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 3, 2018 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

ARE THEY GOING TO SKIP FARM DEFENSE GOBLIN LORD ARC

NotLikeThis
Nov 3, 2018 10:49 AM

Jan 2018
A nice calm episode
Go receptionist girl I am rooting for her and elf too she seems more girly
Shadzzo said:
Blue_Reaper said:

They might be pushing it to be the last episode with his face reveal and with him being little more accepted it gives good ending vibe
Nov 3, 2018 10:52 AM

Jul 2016
Blue_Reaper said:
Shadzzo said:

just wait for the next week then, too early to jump into conclusions. Since the beginning i always believe this anime wouldn't get to vol 2 bc SM didn't got VA. She's a key people, too weird if they didn't announce her VA.

I wonder why. Did Sword Maiden appeared in the radio drama? If she did maybe White Fox would just use her VA...

The title for next episode is Goblin Slayer in the Water Town so I doubt they're going to adapt fillers instead jumping straight to Vol. 2. Makes me wonder will White Fox include
in next episode.
Nov 3, 2018 10:53 AM

Aug 2008
Get fucked White Fox. Terrible switching to CG for no reason is already bad enough but these motherfuckers didn't even make character model for GS without the armour. He was supposed to be walking around in regular clothes for the most of the day. Why add some noobs from a side story (and botch it anyway) instead of following the main story...

Also, what the hell was with that stupid and cheerful music when GS and Priestess were talking about kids from the first episode dying... How the hell was that other priestess feeling the warmth of the candle while it's in a lantern... What happened to the human sized bug and why is the priestess using sword instead of staff...

But most importantly, what the actual fuck happened to defending the farm? They even showed goblin lord at the end of the last episode, what happened to all that?

These garbage studio and staff are really hell bent on making a terrible adaptation. For fucks sake, couldn't someone competent get this production...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 3, 2018 10:56 AM
Aug 2018
Jesus christ what a terrible episode. And i usually defend the series but...what the hell? They did so many cuts, animation and art dropped to the minimum, Mixed a side story from brand new day and skipped over an entire arc?

Also why they skipped the flashback and avoided to show any part that gave some insight on the main character?

If you are interested in the series read the manga or the novel because with this episode i can confirm the adaptation level is below average
Nov 3, 2018 10:56 AM

Nov 2014
This episode just turned the dark vibes into harem vibes
Nov 3, 2018 10:57 AM
May 2015
Shadzzo said:
So because they skipped the Goblin Lord arc, we wont get to see

-GS requesting help from all the adventurers
-Guild Girl offering 1 gold each goblin head just so people would help GS. Shows how much she likes him.
-A cool war of adventurers against thousands of goblins, wolf rider goblins and goblin brutes.
-People starting to respect GS
-GS and priestess vs Goblin Lord
-Flashbacks of the Goblin Lord showing why adventurers SHOULDNT let baby goblins live.
-How evolution of goblins happen if you let one go
-GS saying "I guess I want to become an adventurer" in the after victory party, everybody having fun.
-GS taking of his helmet and everybody drooling over him. Cuz he is handsome af.
-And WE WONT BE ABLE TO SEE GS SMILE

can u stfu alrdy and watch the show they are 90% rearranging it so the season ends with him taking of his helmet
Nov 3, 2018 11:04 AM
Nov 2018
Already got flag from before episode. The manga portray orcbolg obsession to the extreme better, the anime did it but it felt weaker. A lot of tiny important bit skipped, how a lot of villager and advnturer didnt recognize him without his helmet, interaction with cowgirl which really important on add bit more to orcbolg obssesion, and it suppose to show some relaxing moment for him.

The defense arc is great and yet they skip it, orcbolg open up to ask help, his willing to protect his girl, recognition from other people that he actually deserve, how the small goblin develop, and more.

If they decide to switch the arc, then they need to do something to make it work.
(Its a possibility, but honestly i doubt it)
Edit : although i could see it ending with him gaining recognition. And it actually make a good ending.

For anime watcher view, the episode probably fine for them, aside from the switching 2d and 3d.
Nov 3, 2018 11:04 AM

May 2015
guild girl best girl XD
Nov 3, 2018 11:14 AM

Jul 2012
Rathalosking said:

can u stfu alrdy and watch the show they are 90% rearranging it so the season ends with him taking of his helmet

ArjunAugusto said:

They might be pushing it to be the last episode with his face reveal and with him being little more accepted it gives good ending vibe

That makes no sense.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 11:14 AM

May 2018
NitroKageAki said:
Blue_Reaper said:

I wonder why. Did Sword Maiden appeared in the radio drama? If she did maybe White Fox would just use her VA...

The title for next episode is Goblin Slayer in the Water Town so I doubt they're going to adapt fillers instead jumping straight to Vol. 2. Makes me wonder will White Fox include
in next episode.

ah, you're right, i didn't see the post credit end card.
next episode is definitely SM arc.
but i still believe goblin lord arc will still make appearance in last episodes.
Nov 3, 2018 11:21 AM
Aug 2018
Shadzzo said:
Rathalosking said:

ArjunAugusto said:

That makes no sense.

This, so much this.
Nov 3, 2018 11:23 AM
Sep 2018
I think maybe the village defense arc will not be in the anime or maybe they will show some quickie of the village part because of they declared the sword maiden arc at the end of the episode
Nov 3, 2018 11:24 AM
Oct 2018
They are not following from the manga, they just follow to the light novel from the start. If you all bitching about skipping arc, what about you all just stfu , read or follow the original light novel and not the manga.
Nov 3, 2018 11:26 AM
Aug 2018
marcusho said:
They are not following from the manga, they just follow to the light novel from the start. If you all bitching about skipping arc, what about you all just stfu , read or follow the original light novel and not the manga.

Too bad they are not following the light novel either dude. They made a mess mixing different chapters and side-stories.
Nov 3, 2018 11:27 AM

Mar 2017
We'll get to see Sword Maiden soon ^_^
Nov 3, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2008
Well if they're going to skip the village arc, I at least hope they get to the room. If they do animate it the village arc after, I guess it might give you a better impression of certain goblins that were killed relatively easy during the village arc.

Quality line in this episode: "they do die when I hit them really hard with it."
Nov 3, 2018 11:35 AM

Feb 2016
So you're telling me that a flat out boring character like Goblin Slayer has a Harem now? lmao

I swear, those guys that lost their equipment looked like they would die anytime soon, yet they survived thanks to the almighty power of the club #ClubMasterRace

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 3, 2018 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
Wow a seemingly filler episode but I liked it... makes you want to wonder about other characters...goblin slayer is one of the most misunderstood characters
Nov 3, 2018 11:39 AM

Dec 2015
So, first they trim some nice interactions between Goblin Slayer and the others, then decide to skip the Village arc, and now they add filler? What the fuck is wrong with you White Fox?? I'm completely disappointed by the direction they're taking.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 3, 2018 11:41 AM
Jan 2016
Wow this episode focused receptionist, she is for sure the best girl, her reaction about Goblin Slayer was awesome, her blushing was cute! And she admitted that she likes Goblin Slayer!

Congratz to Onna for promotion!

High elf asking to Goblin Slayer to join in next mission was cute!

Witch always showing his hot side, but i think the candle she given to the guy saved his life!

Goblin got a new mission from and "important person", looks like that, she was mensioned by receptionist's partner, i am curious about her!
Nov 3, 2018 11:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An interesting episode that while not featuring any large battles involving GS and party did well in showing the life that other adventurers face. To think that lizardman fell in love with cheese though. The elf's attitude towards GS sure has changed substantially. The promotion meeting was more intense than i expected. To think that thief had the nerve to attack Jou though. But her harrying of him as well as her facing down the thiefs anger with her calmness was impressive. So she has a crush on the GS huh. On a side note its nice that the warrior and his partner was able to get back his sword. Looks like next episode will introduce the famous sword maiden.
Nov 3, 2018 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
LOL, they are changing the order of the events.
Nov 3, 2018 11:44 AM

Aug 2018
Stupid adventurers. They couldn't defeat a simple bunch of rats, let alone defeat the fucking giant rat and not to mention the fucking Gaping Dragon.

Anyway, this is the worst episode not only for the filler and quality, but because they are skipping the best part of manga.
Nov 3, 2018 11:47 AM
Aug 2018
HereticHunter said:
So you're telling me that a flat out boring character like Goblin Slayer has a Harem now? lmao

I swear, those guys that lost their equipment looked like they would die anytime soon, yet they survived thanks to the almighty power of the club #ClubMasterRace

Ofcourse he seems flat if they keep cutting all the parts that show his personality
Nov 3, 2018 11:47 AM

Aug 2014
I think they are not skipping, just changing the order.
The village arc will be later, they are adapting a spin off for now.
Nov 3, 2018 11:52 AM

May 2018
weirdy8 said:
Ok as a fan of the manga, this ep was just bad. The whole journey with the newbs was anime original, they pretty much shoved the promotional ch from much later in between, cut a lot of bonding time with cow girl, and seem to be rushing straight to the sword maiden arc that’s currently running. If that’s the case, they’re skipping my favorite part of the manga so far: the village defense with the guild.

It's not anime original, it's from Brand New Day manga / Volume 4 LN

Lelouch0202 said:
The Radroaches

Ah, a fellow fallout fan.
Nov 3, 2018 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
As a person who is greatly disgusted by cockroaches, this episode made me tremble in fear. At least the porcelain adventurer recovered his sword, so something is something.
So that famous sword maiden that always appears gang-raped by goblins in pixiv's fanarts is going to be properly presented next episode. Want to see what's all the hype about her.

Also recepcionist-chan is best girl. Goblin Slayer is so lucky to have her in his harem.
Nov 3, 2018 12:02 PM

May 2018
Grub4dos said:
Stupid adventurers. They couldn't defeat a simple bunch of rats, let alone defeat the fucking giant rat and not to mention the fucking Gaping Dragon.

Anyway, this is the worst episode not only for the filler and quality, but because they are skipping the best part of manga.

i just realized if that guy remove all his clothes he's literally becoming a deprived.
Nov 3, 2018 12:03 PM

Aug 2013
So:
- 3 different girls blushing for the protagonist in the same episode, already a pseudo-harem for a guy whose face is not even revealed. These guys know what the audience wants.
- More fanservice. Yeah just zoom on the girl's tits whenever you can.
- Story of two characters we probably won't see again and they look like generic NPCs.
- Another episode wasted on expositive dialogue.
- More one-liners from GS.
- Art is even worse than previous episodes, even if a big part of this episode was featuring two guys on a cave hunting rats...
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Nov 3, 2018 12:19 PM

May 2018
BigDarg said:
Idk if anyone else is in the same boat as me, but i watch this show for the violence and there wasn't quite enough in this episode although i have high hopes for there being a lot in the next

I could say this adaptation is somehow a bit obsessed with the manga source material rather than the LN. This episode is actually filler for vol 4 of the LN but also have been serialized as a side story compilatio manga. It seems white fox is winded what they should choose to adapt. The main manga didn’t suffer from this bad pacing and almost every chapter will involve goblin slaying.
Nov 3, 2018 12:21 PM

May 2018
Seems like a filler episode. Hopefully the next one is better.
Nov 3, 2018 12:29 PM

Aug 2012
Tsundere Elf and i'm curious about the Sword Maiden.
Nov 3, 2018 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
lol of course this would happen
I shouldn't be surprised
in fact we all should of expected this actually. The Village Defence Arc has the naked women as meat shields and White Fox can't animate that lol. Just like how they couldn't animate the Wild Hunt arc

since that whole arc was just 3 of the members going around raping people in the Capital non stop

but yooo still good episode though
DeknijffNov 3, 2018 12:33 PM
Nov 3, 2018 12:35 PM

May 2016
This show just keeps geting better and better.
Nov 3, 2018 12:38 PM

Nov 2013
If you would take a shot every time someone says "goblin", you would be dead before the episode is over.

That the Priestess got promoted is nice. And they nailed the scene with the little shit.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.