Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2018 3:12 PM
Aug 2016
Can we all just agree, that even though we’re 5 espisodes in, this is definitely the best anime to come out this year?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2018 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
It's fantastic, and I'd argue that it's better than its source material thus far. Love how some anime-exclusive scenes in the most recent episode helped flesh out the dynamic between the core cast.
Take care of yourself

Nov 2, 2018 3:42 PM

Jun 2015
Nah. Even though complaints like "art/animation errors" and "weird pacing in some scenes" may seem trivial for some, I believe an anime needs to have higher standards to be AOTY. Even though Vento Aureo is amazing, better than the source material (debatable but true imo), and has great anime-original bits, you can't say it's perfect.

Yuru Camp is still at the top for me. But Karakuri Circus might be a formidable rival. We'll see how it turns out.
Nov 2, 2018 3:44 PM

May 2012
I do agree. JoJo best anime in 2018 so far

I did not even watch 5th episode yet. 4 episodes I watched so far and it is masterpiece.
Nov 2, 2018 4:03 PM
Mar 2018
Quick answer.

I haven't read the JJBA manga yet, so I don't know how's the story going to be.
I must watch some more 2018 anime, but I think that Devilman Crybaby is still a little better than Jojo, and Jojo is great as Megalo Box or SNK 3.

I can only wait to see what happens.
Nov 2, 2018 4:14 PM

Apr 2017
Nah, SAO is the aoty, don't fuck with Jesus-kun.

Nov 2, 2018 8:47 PM
Feb 2016
Delinqq said:
Can we all just agree, that even though we’re 5 espisodes in, this is definitely the best anime to come out this year?

dude, not even a poll. its a fact
Nov 2, 2018 11:47 PM

May 2013
Sora Yori, Violet Evergarden, Attack on Titan, Yuru Camp, Hero Academia all of which plenty of people would argue for (amongst others) against JoJos. Heck, some of the new shows this season have a fighting chance; it's full of potential. This part has had some minor mistakes as noted, it's one of the weaker jojo openings (but still very good), and it's definitely not the best part to have aired thus far (in my opinion). Also keep in mind just in this season alone it is only the 9th most popular, so many of its contenders will likely have a much bigger following even if it may be the best anime this year. Plenty of people will literally only watch the msot popular shows too... Plus you have the two or three of us still watching Gintama (rip) and some of my brethren may pick the "final season" of Gintama.

Basically no we can't say that much yet. I'm just happy to see a new jojos. So good. If I had to choose, and it's a tough choice I think, then I'd probably just say "Nice Bird!" and avoid the question entirely.
Nov 3, 2018 1:38 PM
Aug 2016
turtleinshell said:
Plus you have the two or three of us still watching Gintama (rip) and some of my brethren may pick the "final season" of Gintama.

I'm debating whether I should watch it or not? How would you describe the humor, is the plot in it in any way relevant, or does the story not really matter?
Nov 3, 2018 4:31 PM

Apr 2018
For me, definitely.

2018 has been a pretty stale year for me; glad David Pro made it the other way around
Nov 3, 2018 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
I agree. I already knew it was AOTY when it was announced. Everything else is irrelevant.
Nov 3, 2018 5:26 PM

Mar 2018
Not ready to say that yet, but it looks like it's shaping up that way. It's certainly living up to the hype and then some.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 7:44 PM

Aug 2018
It's definitely not the most perfect show of 2018, there are better shows in term of storytelling and other stuff. However, it's easily the most "entertaining" show to watch IMO
Nov 4, 2018 2:08 AM
Dec 2014
I say Not a bad start for now, but as a manga reader Vento Aoureo easily the weakest part of the whole JoJo series ! Definitely not a god candidate to be AOTY lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2018 10:55 AM

Mar 2017
Well this part is almost all action and story driven unlike the last which had a kind of "monster of the week" vibe.
Nov 4, 2018 12:34 PM
May 2011
It's...ok. So far it's not even my favorite out the JoJos, maybe later episodes will change that. Also, I hate Koichi, I don't care what anyone says.
Nov 4, 2018 12:57 PM

Aug 2018
It's probably not going to be aoty in crunchyroll but the anime of the year of 2018 will always be Vento Aureo for me.
Nov 8, 2018 12:20 AM

Mar 2009
So far, I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot more than Diamond is Unbreakable's beginning episodes. That's for sure.
Nov 8, 2018 1:00 AM
Aug 2017
Nah, Steins;Gate 0 or Sora yori mo Tooi Basho is the aoty...come on Ougon no Kaze still 5 episodes and become the aoty? LOL
I haven't read the manga yet, and the anime still fine for me until episode 5 but far to become the aoty
Nov 8, 2018 6:51 AM
Aug 2016
no can do, Seishun Buta Yaro is popular now amongst slice of life and romance fandom, and absolutely wrecked the same genre in this season. Meanwhile JoJo still got strong competitor like Goblin Slayer and SAO. let's just see what happen in the end of the season, but i can assure JoJo will not be aots,neither in next season because JoJo must share track with Mob Pyscho II and (possibly) Boogiepop wa Warawanai (Madhouse doing this anime so there is high chance this will come with heavy blow)
Nov 8, 2018 12:54 PM

Sep 2017
H-X-H said:
I say Not a bad start for now, but as a manga reader Vento Aoureo easily the weakest part of the whole JoJo series ! Definitely not a god candidate to be AOTY lol
part 5 is weakest part of jojo series?

are you **** kidding me? Part 5 is my favourite part, it is better than all parts. It is Japan community's favourite jojo part, i dont get it why is it considered as "weakest". Admit that you are wrong

you obviously hasnt thought about part 1 and part 6 (if you havent read yet)
Nov 8, 2018 1:09 PM
a car

Jun 2017
Do follow-ups to existing shows or ones that bleed into another year even get included as a candidate for AOTY? Well they should because this indeed should win (but let's be real Goblin Slayer or DitFXX are gonna win whether we want them to or not).
Nov 9, 2018 12:40 PM

Sep 2014
as much as I want to say yes. you really missed the winter season didnt you? Even if we dont consider Sangatsu no Lion S2 (because only the second cour was aired in winter) we still had A Place Further Than The Universe.

And if you think part 5 is better than A Place Further Than The Universe, then you have shit taste.

I do love jojo, but its just not nearly as good as it has to to be able to compete for AOTY. And we still have to see Zoku Owari..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 9, 2018 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
Definitely

but beware of weebs coming in with their shit taste, mentioning their no-name crap, trying to tell you're wrong
themanualreader@proton.me
Nov 9, 2018 5:38 PM
Jan 2018
Comander-07 said:
as much as I want to say yes. you really missed the winter season didnt you? Even if we dont consider Sangatsu no Lion S2 (because only the second cour was aired in winter) we still had A Place Further Than The Universe.

And if you think part 5 is better than A Place Further Than The Universe, then you have shit taste.

I do love jojo, but its just not nearly as good as it has to to be able to compete for AOTY. And we still have to see Zoku Owari..
you may hate me for this but I actually dropped Sora yori mo Tooi Basho after ep2, seeing that it was very boring and slow paced for me or maybe I just dont like slice of life in general
Nov 10, 2018 3:05 AM
May 2014
Darius said:
Definitely

but beware of weebs coming in with their shit taste, mentioning their no-name crap, trying to tell you're wrong

"lol no sao is better this season"
"eugh attack on titan was so cool levi > giorno"
"goblin slayer is so mature there is rape and blood oof jojo is for gays"

And it's funny how the guys coming to say "Karakuri Circus is better" didn't even know the manga existed.
Part 5 is AOTY weebs deal with it
Nov 10, 2018 3:36 AM

May 2009
Without a doubt, there is just no discussion.
Nov 10, 2018 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
JoJo vento aureo is very ok i don't think that it is going to BE anime of the year it is not even the best JoJo so yeah but it is One of the best anime of the year
Nov 10, 2018 8:40 AM

Apr 2014
Isidoro4567 said:
JoJo vento aureo is very ok i don't think that it is going to BE anime of the year it is not even the best JoJo so yeah but it is One of the best anime of the year

It's hard to top Stardust Crusaders

that was one hell of a ride with the best characters combined

but Vento Aureo is going great
Nov 10, 2018 8:52 AM

Jun 2017
Its aoty 2018 and 2019 confirmed

Nov 10, 2018 11:15 AM

Sep 2014
Baggedofbones said:
Comander-07 said:

you may hate me for this but I actually dropped Sora yori mo Tooi Basho after ep2, seeing that it was very boring and slow paced for me or maybe I just dont like slice of life in general
ALERT! ALERT!

SHIT TASTE DETECTED

It picks up and its not the kind of SoL where they derp around. They have a goal, work towards it and
. Ep 11 might be the most emotional episode of anything ever. It all builds up and its not just over in a second, so its really intense.

Any Adventure where they are "going to defeat the demon lord" is more SoL, since this one actually delivers a full story in 12 episodes.

Vento Aureo is more SoL than A Place Further Than The Universe.

Go watch it or you will be forever cursed with maximum shit taste
Nov 10, 2018 12:16 PM

May 2012
A Place Further Than The Universe was so boring for me. Slow pace, not much happens per episode. Also story is not that interseting. Could have been less boring if it was one movie with faster pace

Jojo on other hand is entertaining. Not even a single episode was boring
Nov 10, 2018 3:10 PM

Apr 2014
Comander-07 said:
Baggedofbones said:
ALERT! ALERT!

SHIT TASTE DETECTED

It picks up and its not the kind of SoL where they derp around. They have a goal, work towards it and
. Ep 11 might be the most emotional episode of anything ever. It all builds up and its not just over in a second, so its really intense.

Any Adventure where they are "going to defeat the demon lord" is more SoL, since this one actually delivers a full story in 12 episodes.

Vento Aureo is more SoL than A Place Further Than The Universe.

Go watch it or you will be forever cursed with maximum shit taste

Gtfo with your weeb shit we're here to rock n roll
Nov 12, 2018 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
Delinqq said:

But we haven't even gotten to the good part. :P

Seriously, while not something I'd call bad, I'd say the really good stuff with Vento Aureo won't pick up until
. After that, it's just non-stop high notes.

Fortunately, that's probably about five or six episodes from where we are now.
Nov 12, 2018 11:18 PM
Aug 2016
Lmao if someone actually thinks that Goblin Slayer which at best is a 6/10 deserves aoty, need to reevaluate their opinion
Nov 13, 2018 5:05 AM
Dec 2014
Die_Leere_Soldat said:
H-X-H said:
part 5 is weakest part of jojo series?

are you **** kidding me? Part 5 is my favourite part, it is better than all parts. It is Japan community's favourite jojo part, i dont get it why is it considered as "weakest". Admit that you are wrong

I don’t really like Part1 but part 6 !! are you high or something!! Part 6 is miles away better that part5 lol
Nov 13, 2018 6:56 AM

May 2009
All parts do their own thing, it's a matter of preference.
Nov 17, 2018 4:47 AM

Oct 2016
Delinqq said:

Very likely yes. After the very strong start so far, it's definitely on track. Absolutely incredible so far.

Giorno & Bucciarati are great.

turtleinshell said:
Sora Yori, Violet Evergarden, Attack on Titan, Yuru Camp, Hero Academia all of which plenty of people would argue for (amongst others) against JoJos.

As a big fan of all of MHA, AoT, Violet Evergarden & Jojo I'm most impressed with Vento Aureo. I had my expectations a bit lower because I didn't expect any other part aside from Steel Ball Run(#2 ranked Manga) would compete with Stardust Crusaders for favorite part but now I'm thinking Vento Aureo will be serious competition.

I've rated MHA 9, 10 & 9 for seasons 1-3 respectively, VE an 8, plus a 9 for the first 2 seasons of AoT. It's been an incredibly strong year for anime, we even had some brand new/unfamiliar stuff be pretty decent. I've felt like I can try most anything and it'll be at least fairly decent. Tried Megalo Box on a complete whim and liked it, Violet Evergaden, loved it.

I've not yet watched Attack on Titan Season 3, I think that will have to be the next thing up. My hype for it faded a little after finding out it was split into 2 parts.

Delinqq said:
Lmao if someone actually thinks that Goblin Slayer which at best is a 6/10 deserves aoty, need to reevaluate their opinion
Oh it's not good is it? I'd planned to give it a go. I watched SDS recently and on a whim I figured I might like Goblin Slayer. But I guess it isn't surprising, it really seems like Fall 2018 is all about Jojo.

I'll possibly still try Goblin Slayer but I will lower my expectations, 6/10 sounds like a reasonable expectation. Yeah saying "Goblin Slayer = AOTY" seems like trolling. Even if one does not like Jojo at all there's still My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, Violet Evergarden. Plus Seven Deadly Sins, Megalo Box, some good comedy/slice of life stuff and probably others I haven't gotten to yet. I think Goblin Slayer is unlikely to be top 10 given how much great stuff there's been in 2018, this year is unusually good it seems.

Hobgoblin2099 said:
Delinqq said:
Can we all just agree, that even though we’re 5 episodes in, this is definitely the best anime to come out this year?

But we haven't even gotten to the good part. :P
After that, it's just non-stop high notes.
Fortunately, that's probably about five or six episodes from where we are now.
How exciting! (Though I deleted the spoilered part without looking). It's already a really good part. The mafia theme feels so perfect for Jojo. If the bolded is accurate at all then this is gonna be a lock for personal AotY unless perhaps AoT S3 is massively better than the first 2 seasons.

Shoryuuken said:
All parts do their own thing, it's a matter of preference.
For me I've found every part to be pretty great and I like how they are unique. Part 1 is probably the weakest but still has a lot of positives to it. To me the variety shows that Araki is probably one of the most versatile mangakas who can handle seemingly any combination of setting & themes very well. Even Jojolion which sounds like it's going to be super strange though I don't really know much about it, I will still watch when it gets animated someday. The quality of JJBA(I've seen every part so far) so far lets me just trust it.
FreshPrinceof3HNov 17, 2018 4:58 AM
Nov 17, 2018 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
Delinqq said:

You do know that most persons that will see this post are die hard jo jo fans right? Heck whoever has reach this far in this series is probably hardcore jo jo fans.

So I know for a fact you already knew most persons would agree with your post.

Nov 18, 2018 4:35 AM
Jan 2010
jojo is literally the anime of the rest of time
I mean those deep deep characters beautiful quality art and animation and intricate plotlines just nothing compares even outside anime
Nov 18, 2018 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
Out of everything that I've watched this year (which isn't really that much...Darling, Black Clover, My Hero, Gridman, Devilman, and Jojo) it's easily my favorite

epyon4light said:
Well this part is almost all action and story driven unlike the last which had a kind of "monster of the week" vibe.

It's interesting that you say this. My biggest problem with the manga was that it felt too MOTW and each "MOTW"-style battle lasted way too long, but the anime seems to be fixing that so far. I wonder if they'll keep it up for the rest of the season?

Die_Leere_Soldat said:

Just because it's your favorite part doesn't mean it's the best, plenty of people don't like part 5. I thought the manga had awful pacing and not much in the way of story (but as I said earlier in this post, the anime is fixing all of my big problems with it so far).
ChangeLeopardonNov 18, 2018 7:33 PM
Nov 19, 2018 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
Golden-Frieza- said:
How exciting! (Though I deleted the spoilered part without looking).

It was just the name of the arc, but it's no problem. It's probably better that you don't look.
Nov 22, 2018 3:21 AM

Oct 2016
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Golden-Frieza- said:
How exciting! (Though I deleted the spoilered part without looking).

It was just the name of the arc, but it's no problem. It's probably better that you don't look.
True. I did try quite a bit to avoid spoilers. I wanted to begin reading the manga to continue on after watching Part 4 but held off since word was that Vento Aureo's anime announcement was coming up shortly & they were right. I did not read since I wanted to experience it first in the anime. I revisited other favorites during this year again & am also going to watch Part 4's dub(JoJo is one of the rare series where both subbed & dubbed are phenomenal, both have many of the best VAs), when I next revisit these favorites I think it will be via the manga/VNs. I know it because I still have some questions about the stories in Code Geass, Death Note, Steins Gate, etc and they're mostly of the variety where only the manga or VN will have the answer. At that time I will probably read through JoJo parts 1-5 & Berserk(Hopefully Miura can progress with that) then decide on Part 6 if I will wait for the anime or not, this will most likely be sometime after Part 5 completes. At least with Berserk it's an easy decision to go manga only since outside of the original anime & the movies the new stuff is totally awful it seems.

Hopefully Part 5's Dub will be fairly soon, less time afterwards than earlier parts. I think the dub is going to be really popular and that could help build up steam so that Stone Ocean's anime won't have to wait years later to get confirmed.

I've only seen spoilers from JoJo memes, but that's pretty much info light enough that it's just a hype booster or teaser. Though I also stopped looking those up for now.
Nov 23, 2018 1:36 AM
May 2017
I dont know if it can be aoty due to the fact it wont even end this year, maybe next year, but then u get Attack on titan, My hero Academia, one punch man, promised neverland, etc.

But yeah its ptetty good
Nov 23, 2018 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
Probably aoty - 2018 but I doubt it'll still be the best next year.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Nov 23, 2018 4:23 PM

Feb 2018
ShadowMonkey said:

Yuru Camp is still at the top for me. But Karakuri Circus might be a formidable rival. We'll see how it turns out.

Karakuri Circus?? rival?? are you from Mars or what..?? Vento Aureo is by faaar the best of 2018 ... (even gintama silver soul arc couldn't be its rival)
Comander-07 said:

only melodrama lovers would like Sangatsu no sht S2 ..... SHITTY TASTE MY SON
Zuerchtein-MarioNov 23, 2018 4:31 PM
Nov 24, 2018 2:13 AM

Sep 2014
Zuerchtein-Mario said:
ShadowMonkey said:

Karakuri Circus?? rival?? are you from Mars or what..?? Vento Aureo is by faaar the best of 2018 ... (even gintama silver soul arc couldn't be its rival)
Comander-07 said:

shit taste detected.
Nov 24, 2018 6:40 AM

Apr 2014
Comander-07 said:
Zuerchtein-Mario said:

shit taste detected.

Don't talk about taste, weeb

All you acknowledge is otaku'ish stuff

Go read Macbeth or something
Nov 24, 2018 7:13 AM

Sep 2014
Darius said:
Comander-07 said:
shit taste detected.

Macbeth? Go read good literature, like Marx, Kant, Cicero or Araki or something.
Nov 24, 2018 7:36 AM

Apr 2014
Comander-07 said:
Darius said:

Macbeth? Go read good literature, like Marx, Kant, Cicero or Araki or something.

What makes you think I haven't read it, dumbass

I'm sure YOU haven't, though, or you did read it and took in nothing. Can hardly believe a person with such minds in his head would end up as a desperate weeb

I love Kant. He even wrote about my country https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/1041729-lithuanian-nation-must-be-saved-as-it-is-the
TelecomNov 24, 2018 7:44 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.