Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 2, 2018 12:06 PM

Jul 2007
frankykun13 said:
link9us said:
Well this is a bull shit. For the fist time i am going to say oda is full of complete shit!! One piece is NOT 80% finished. BULL SHIT!!!

I mean if luffy's is really THIS far behind kaido and yet he's not even the strongest, there is still rocks to deal with, imu-sama and the gorusei. I just feel like luffy DESPERATELY needs some development. How in the hell is he ever going to combat these forces of the new world. I just don't understand why oda is constantly giving the L's to the main characters of the story. Granted im glad its not like fairy tail and so i appreciate that the villains are really a major threat to the protagonists, but i mean there comes a time where the main characters need to close that gap some day. I just feel like were not even CLOSE to there yet and yet its at 80% finished?

um , did you not see what happen when Luffy match punch with big Mom ? That was also one hit despite his lacking stamina..I bet it will be also one shot if he take Big Mom's punch head on

Did you even read my whole comment? I wasn't criticizing the fact that kaido took down luffy in one hit. I actually expected something like this, (maybe not to this degree) but at the very least we knew that luffy is not even close to the level of a yonko level yet.

My comments intention was to ascertain exactly how luffy is ever going to close this massive gab between antagonist villains in this series. I mean with oda indicating that one piece is 80% finished. I just don't see how that is possible.

Also people are acting like this is the lurking legend or the strongest bad ass in one piece when in fact were not even at that stage yet and yet at this point luffy can't even scratch one of the present yonko.

I don't even want to think about the rest of the "super powers" that has been named dropped like Rocks and Imu-sama, the rest of the Gol D. Rogers crew like scopper gaban. Kaido is only the beginning. The main purpose behind a shonen's is to raise the main characters to be one the (eventual) best and strongest in the series by the end of the story. With 80% finished, i just don't see that happening any time. Aside from Kaido, thats only one barrier to pass, there is many more stages to this grand tale of one piece.

I will say though it is good to know that for once an author doesn't break down the fourth wall in his shonen and creates a main character that somehow overcomes the odds in insurmountable ways in every encounter. One piece is probably one of the most realistic shonen ive seen or read with the way oda represents the power scale of the series. I just worry that oda's needs to find some way to close the gab, if not a little, i mean he is the main character after all.
ArtimesGamerNov 2, 2018 12:09 PM

Nov 2, 2018 12:08 PM
Oct 2013
Ok people are massively overreacting like usual.

First of all, that´s a 5/5 chapter. Didn´t have one of those in a long time..
But it´s too early to judge the outcome of the storie´s future.

1. It is not confirmed if Luffy is actually K-O. It´s a weekly Shounen, that last panel is just for dramatic effect.

2. Kaido took damage, it just wasn´t substantial, how much it was is yet to be revealed.

Wait for next week to make your judgement. As of now individually this was a great chapter. Splendid art and good storytelling, but kept vague deliberately.
Nov 2, 2018 12:22 PM

Feb 2017
Jeez Luffy got rekted HARD. Hopefully Tama's still alive.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 2, 2018 2:02 PM

Nov 2012
Isterio said:
Ok people are massively overreacting like usual.

First of all, that´s a 5/5 chapter. Didn´t have one of those in a long time..
But it´s too early to judge the outcome of the storie´s future.

1. It is not confirmed if Luffy is actually K-O. It´s a weekly Shounen, that last panel is just for dramatic effect.

2. Kaido took damage, it just wasn´t substantial, how much it was is yet to be revealed.

Wait for next week to make your judgement. As of now individually this was a great chapter. Splendid art and good storytelling, but kept vague deliberately.

Its about as confirmed as can be, dramatic effect can only go so far before it becomes dumb writing by the author.
Nov 2, 2018 2:28 PM

May 2013
The plan has finished before started lol

Nov 2, 2018 3:46 PM
Nov 2018
Luffy will be hostage by Kaido!!! All Pirate And Kingdom allies will be came to save her.. thats make Wano Arc will be epic!!!
Nov 2, 2018 6:15 PM
Oct 2013
SuperRed said:

Its about as confirmed as can be, dramatic effect can only go so far before it becomes dumb writing by the author.

Hence I urge you to wait. Dumb writing isn´t new territory to Oda and opinions differ.
What is retarded to some might be considered epic by others.

I think Whole Cake Island was a pile of garbage and the plotine with the cake was utter horseshit. For others it served a purpose as a redeptive arc for Sanji.

If you ask me three good things came out that arc. Katakuri, Sanji´s backstory and Reiju´s breasts. (I refer specfically to her breats because the bitch has no personality, come at me fanboys defend your waifu).
Wano looks far more promising right now and I just hope Oda restrics his trolling for a change.
Nov 2, 2018 7:41 PM

Sep 2016
Damn, my main man Luffy got his ass beaten, in a single hit. If Kaido wasn't drunk, he could have killed him right there on the spot.
Nov 2, 2018 8:56 PM

Jul 2012
I'm worried of Nami, Chopper and the rest tho. They got kame hame ha'd by Kaido.

Luffy has to AWAKEN his GUMGUM.

(posting in an epic thread)
Nov 2, 2018 9:20 PM

Mar 2008
can somebody update the wiki and mark all the mugiwaras to death, exept zoro that is lost.
Nov 3, 2018 1:17 AM

Jul 2014
link9us said:
Well this is a bull shit. For the fist time i am going to say oda is full of complete shit!! One piece is NOT 80% finished. BULL SHIT!!!

I mean if luffy's is really THIS far behind kaido and yet he's not even the strongest, there is still rocks to deal with, imu-sama and the gorusei. I just feel like luffy DESPERATELY needs some development. How in the hell is he ever going to combat these forces of the new world. I just don't understand why oda is constantly giving the L's to the main characters of the story. Granted im glad its not like fairy tail and so i appreciate that the villains are really a major threat to the protagonists, but i mean there comes a time where the main characters need to close that gap some day. I just feel like were not even CLOSE to there yet and yet its at 80% finished?

I understand that, it's like the story isn't even 30% finished lol, there are still many plot holes, overpowered enemies which i can't even imagine how luffy is going to beat them, even i personally think Doffy can beat Luffy easily if not because of the helps from his friends and i just don't know how in the world luffy can beat a yonko, admirals, and other crazy characters, also still there are a lot unrevealed mysteries in the story. I hope they don't use the power of friendship or something to defeat kaidou because it's obvious their level isn't even near to 10% of his power, even we know luffy cs couldn't beat big mom and escape plan was their only choice back then, because there is no way to defeat her. I am curious and worry in same time waiting for the next progress..
Nov 3, 2018 1:36 AM
Jan 2015
heru_setiawan said:
Luffy will be hostage by Kaido!!! All Pirate And Kingdom allies will be came to save her.. thats make Wano Arc will be epic!!!

seems like it if Law can't save him right away
Luffy can chill with Kidd at prison ~,~
Nov 3, 2018 3:20 AM
Nov 2017
DrewHLMW said:
I wonder what the goal of this arc will be, i dont see Luffy beating the yonkou now until the Throne War that Doflamingo spoke off. is it just gonna be grab the ponegliff and escape again like they did with big mom, cause they aint winning this fight.
what do you mean ? The goal is to take down kaido . He’s going down this arc without a doubt . It’s gonna be the supernovas ( probably not all ) vs kaido with Luffy , kidd and law and most likely Zoro being the main characters of this arc .
Nov 3, 2018 4:24 AM

Nov 2012
Isterio said:
SuperRed said:

Hence I urge you to wait. Dumb writing isn´t new territory to Oda and opinions differ.
What is retarded to some might be considered epic by others.

I think Whole Cake Island was a pile of garbage and the plotine with the cake was utter horseshit. For others it served a purpose as a redeptive arc for Sanji.

If you ask me three good things came out that arc. Katakuri, Sanji´s backstory and Reiju´s breasts. (I refer specfically to her breats because the bitch has no personality, come at me fanboys defend your waifu).
Wano looks far more promising right now and I just hope Oda restrics his trolling for a change.

This is almost the same type of situation Luffy was in against Magellan the first time, he's not gonna get up immediately and no, no one needs to wait.
Nov 3, 2018 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
I actually can't remember the last time Luffy got one-shoted. Oda is really good writing Kaido so far,loved the chapter but it comes with concern about the future of the arc.

This needs closure it, started from Punk Hazard, and I can't see for the love of my life Luffy beating Kaido in this state without help and that annoys me.
Nov 3, 2018 6:59 PM

Oct 2015
That's an emperor for you!

Luffy gave Kaido multiple attacks but fell from one attack, Damn that was really cool.

"You, Pirate king"? Those words!!!!!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 3, 2018 8:54 PM

May 2017
I don't see Luffy defeating that thing even in a gear 5 or something. Wow kaido sure is something else, I wonder how shanks faced him during.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 9:00 PM

May 2017
link9us said:

yep I completely agree with what you said, Luffy really is in a desperate need of development and I don't wanna see something like "Nakama no chikara" to beat the enemy like Fairy tail, at least in this regards Naruto was quite well written i.e training arcs and stuff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2018 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
Jesus , Kaido really know how to beat someone very fast. This small fight will cost a lot to kaido in the future.
Nov 4, 2018 6:00 AM

Feb 2018
Kaido wasn't even fazed by all these attacks.
Nov 4, 2018 6:11 AM
Feb 2017
This is by far the most satisfying chapter in so long! Maybe luffy will learn something and wont be the most annoying MC in anime history anymore, although I doubt it. My guess he's gonna miraculously have a rematch with kaido and win like every other fucking time
All he does is go straight to his opponent with no fucking plan but to ''kick their asses'', putting the lives of him friends in danger every single time (which are going to be just fine like every other time). This dude is not worthy of being the pirate king.

''Hey bigmom, I'm gonna kick kaido's ass then come back for you!'' Fuck off you reckless fucking shit head you're more annoying than kirito.
Nov 4, 2018 3:06 PM

Feb 2018
Not much to say other than.. One shotted :O
Nov 5, 2018 3:11 AM

Aug 2008
Well, time to Fifth Gear Kaido I guess :^)
Nov 6, 2018 4:42 AM
Mar 2016
This seems like the perfect time for Oda to do the following:

1. Introduce something big that makes the Yonko different from others.
2. Awaken Luffy's powers (I feel like this is coming soon regardless of anything else)
3. Introduce a major plot twist, something that takes power-scaling to another level.

I mean, personally I think Oda can pull this off if he tried hard enough. This, to me, seems like a make or break point in the arc. We might be seeing a Madara effect here.
Nov 6, 2018 7:00 AM

Nov 2012
LegitUsername said:
This seems like the perfect time for Oda to do the following:

1. Introduce something big that makes the Yonko different from others.
2. Awaken Luffy's powers (I feel like this is coming soon regardless of anything else)
3. Introduce a major plot twist, something that takes power-scaling to another level.

I mean, personally I think Oda can pull this off if he tried hard enough. This, to me, seems like a make or break point in the arc. We might be seeing a Madara effect here.

There's still the "lurking legend" Oda teased a few months ago, maybe the captain of the "Rocks" will show up in Wano.
Nov 7, 2018 1:35 PM

Jun 2016
I like when a reckless main character get scolded and put back in his place.
Nov 7, 2018 5:25 PM

Oct 2016
This is one of the best episodes for now of this arc.
I'm really loving Luffy's attitude, that is, what happened with Tama. I honestly do not think she's dead, it's One Piece after all, but if she died it would make a somewhat dramatic turn.
I feel that Luffy will take all the events of this arc very seriously, because of what is happening.
And well... The monstrous power of Kaido, not for nothing is the strongest creature in the world. Giving a sigh as if nothing, and receiving no damage from Luffy's blows, well... Raped moment.
Dec 17, 2018 9:58 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, I knew Kaidou was a lot stronger but I wasn't expecting this difference!
May 22, 2019 1:47 PM
Feb 2019
If the grand fleet turn up, Bartolomeo can just summon a barrier everytime kaido goes to hit.
Jan 1, 2020 4:26 AM

Aug 2018
Luffy got the Ohara'd, absolutely obliterated by Kaido.
Dec 17, 2020 12:58 PM

Jul 2019
Bonjourette said:
Anime......dont fuck this up

This didn't age well lmao.
Aug 16, 2022 11:52 PM

Nov 2020
omg this got serious really quick
i'm pretty sure the crew is fine but i hope tama is alright
and kaido is a beast, luffy is out with one swing
Nov 12, 2022 1:25 PM

May 2021
The assassination plan would have taken a L regardless of Luffy bringing attention onto himself. We need Gear 5.

Apr 1, 2023 9:34 AM
Apr 2021
kaido se pego el medio instakill
Apr 20, 2023 5:06 AM

Apr 2021
Kaido's in a league of his own. That's the first time I'm seeing Luffy defeated with just one attack. 

So Shanks stopped this guy from coming to Marineford eh? That tells a lot about Shanks power too. 
Jun 11, 2023 12:02 AM

Dec 2022
holy fuck Luffy went absolutely ham and it didn't amount to shit... don't even think it's on account of Kaido having been drunk...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

13 by Abyhape »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.