Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion

Nov 1, 2018 12:45 AM
BATMAN!!!!
Sakuta is godtier mainchara like Houtarou and Hachiman
well he had upgrade lvl for romance tho :V

i think this arc will end 2 eps
but look like it will be 3 eps

Nov 1, 2018 1:20 AM

uninstallthegame said:
like joking about her butt and not being despised? only in anime...

I do this all the time with close, female friends, its nothing that outrageous you know?

That said, what kind of athletic basketball mvp falls to the ground after a kick in the shin? Even if he wasn't some muay thai Lumpinee champion he should have had some kind of pain tolerance from rough players in basketball right?

Nov 1, 2018 1:24 AM
Forum Moderator
No.

PrevE said:
uninstallthegame said:
like joking about her butt and not being despised? only in anime...

I do this all the time with close, female friends, its nothing that outrageous you know?

That said, what kind of athletic basketball mvp falls to the ground after a kick in the shin? Even if he wasn't some muay thai Lumpinee champion he should have had some kind of pain tolerance from rough players in basketball right?

Well, if you hit the sweet spot, it can be pretty painful. Have you ever banged your elbow on some edge, table for example? It's similar.

Nov 1, 2018 1:31 AM

Barnald said:

Well, if you hit the sweet spot, it can be pretty painful. Have you ever banged your elbow on some edge, table for example? It's similar.

I remember when i first started kickboxing my shins did hurt when kicking heavy bags, but not to the point of clutching it in pain. The only way i see that happening is if someone swung a baseball bat onto my shin or something. And even if it was some kind of sweet spot, the adrenalin from being in a fight should have dulled the pain somewhat.

Well, not that picky im trying to be picky about realism in anime, it was just a passing comment.

Nov 1, 2018 1:53 AM
That Koga girl better don't be like a boom in a box or whatever....u know what I mean....

Nov 1, 2018 2:38 AM

misterkafuuchino said:
Man, this episode's gonna start another ship wars. Mai had a strong start but Koga got something in her, and her VA being Toyama Nao is also a plus. But I'm still on Mai ship.

Oh well, this MC is so far the most likeable MC of the decade for me. Maybe even more likeable than Araragi, Hachiman, and Ayanokouji. This is just my own opinion so don't even try to bash me okay.

Araragi is not from this decade.
So yeah I think Azusagawa wins

Nov 1, 2018 2:47 AM
the storyline is very interesting

Nov 1, 2018 3:04 AM
Was worrying about how this episode would go after the end of episode 4, but I was pleasantly surprised because episode 5 was absolutely incredible. Not a single dull moment and Sakuta is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters of all time.

Nov 1, 2018 4:02 AM
Pretty sure Koga has feelings for Sakuta now. I guess she felt jealous about Mai when she watched her ad in her phone right at the end of the episode. Pretty happy that basketball guy got what he deserved. Sakuta is a good MC at this point in my opinion , let's see how he progresses from here. Good episode and looking forward to the next one :)

Nov 1, 2018 4:10 AM

So far this anime is really fun and "original" (i mean i have the feeling of deja-vu even tho), can't wait to see the next ep!
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.

Nov 1, 2018 4:27 AM

Goosebumps during the fight scene. Pacing seemed a little rushed during the dating part but god, I have to admit the 2nd half was really good.
~

Nov 1, 2018 5:46 AM
Sakuta looked and behaved like a man for once! He was awesome before but was more awesome today. Good to see that Mai understood the situation. But I'm feeling sorry for Tomoe now. She's an adorable character too. Well though I thought the arc would end today. But I guess we get to see more of the Laplace's Demon.

Nov 1, 2018 6:14 AM
Gosh the chemistry in this show is top notch. The conversation between the characters is so refreshing and fun. Not to mention Sakuta badassery.

Nov 1, 2018 6:16 AM

footmaster said:
Flustered Futaba.

^My favorite moment from the episode (which is saying a lot---SO many good moments). Futaba losing her cool was hilarious and the comic timing with the editing PERFECT.

Nov 1, 2018 6:26 AM

misterkafuuchino said:
Man, this episode's gonna start another ship wars. Mai had a strong start but Koga got something in her, and her VA being Toyama Nao is also a plus. But I'm still on Mai ship.

it kinda funny now that she is voiced by toyama nao and i just watched a utube video about how toyama often took a role of losing heroine, and even if she manage a winning heroine, the anime usually not animate that part, or not reaching that far (chitoge for example)
these guys said " i want to go to heaven ". they didn't even realise their action is leading them to hell.

Nov 1, 2018 8:50 AM
Shingster said:
Interesting episode that did well in expanding upon Kaede's character while also expanding upon Tomoe's. It's nice seeing her start to open up to Mai. She looked in that dress. Tomoe really cares a lot about her friendships huh. Sakuta's advice sure was surprisingly deep. The banter between Sakuta and Tomoe though is always so amusing. Kamisato's acting more like a stalker than a gf. Sakuta's way of dealing with that sempai sure was cool. That last scene was curious. Does she intend to fight Mai for Sakuta i wonder.
i guess that's what this show is trying to portray, it's always about 2 in 1
But I hope this go well

Nov 1, 2018 8:53 AM
footmaster said:
My favorite episode out of the 5 so far.
Love the dialogues.

He said what I wanted him to say when he was in that position. XD

Man of culture.

The truth why male protagonists help girls. :v

Flustered Futaba.

Nice feint. That jerk deserved it. Feels good. :)
this show beat my taste
Fight
I must admit I really love the way it's heading

Nov 1, 2018 9:20 AM

I have never heard a man scream "I'M A VIRGIN" so loud and with so much confidence so far, props to Sakuta
Yes No Maybe

Nov 1, 2018 9:53 AM
misterkafuuchino said:

Oh well, this MC is so far the most likeable MC of the decade for me. Maybe even more likeable than Araragi, Hachiman, and Ayanokouji. This is just my own opinion so dont even try to bash me okay.

Every one consider him likable probably he hasn't displayed any Ill intent so far
But
In terms of being likable highschool character he doesn't fall on the first 10 talk less 5
Ayanokoyi kiyotaka and hikigaya hachiman have sth special he's being liked for, his achievements,personalty,composure and many other features araragi can come after
The MC in context can't reach these outstanding 3,only get to play a role because he is at the center doesnt make him more like them,
They are prodigies

Nov 1, 2018 10:15 AM

That may be the most passionately and seriously I've ever heard anyone yell "I'm a virgin!" lmaooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Nov 1, 2018 10:36 AM
Damn I really love this MC He doesn't even give a damn fuck what others think about him and still doing what he wants I didn't expect him to shout out I'm a virgin in front of them xd
I can't stop saying that this is the best anime I have ever watched this season

Nov 1, 2018 11:29 AM
Imagine an argument between this guy, Hachiman (Oregairu) and Kei Asai (Sakurada Reset). Would be the most mind-blowing discussion ever

Nov 1, 2018 11:43 AM
Mai-san's worried look at the train station got me worried :( SakutaxMai forever!

Nov 1, 2018 11:50 AM
I remembered creating a mal account just because of the incoming hype for fall anime. This is just the best amongst the all. This isn't the cliche that we can all see from animes. This is like an obvious gem. #SakutaBestMC2k18

Nov 1, 2018 1:19 PM

You know as a novel reader seeing how so many people were so worried and apprehensive after Episode 3 & 4 and now get positively surprised feels so good.

I trusted in the staff and the show itself to do the job of reassuring people and drawing them in...and it seems to have worked wonderfully.

From what I exchanged with other novel readers this here is generally considered the least favourite arc ( out of many amazing arcs so it's still strong! ) so I'm really curious to see what people think of the other 3 arcs and the movie.

Nov 1, 2018 1:45 PM
Celize said:
felipeliborio said:

sad to see puberty syndrome is affecting us for real

Umm yea am not notice her too, until someone confirm her existence that she was there.

Nov 1, 2018 2:32 PM
Yukiko Lover
footmaster said:
My favorite episode out of the 5 so far.
Love the dialogues.

He said what I wanted him to say when he was in that position. XD

Man of culture.

The truth why male protagonists help girls. :v

Flustered Futaba.

Nice feint. That jerk deserved it. Feels good. :)

Sakuta is truly a man of culture. Skinny legs/thighs are a holy gift.
This is for all the gravy!!!

Nov 1, 2018 2:41 PM
Yukiko Lover
Khal_Russ said:
YewGeneolgia said:
This episode was phenomenal. Sakuta and Mai are still as adorable together as ever(and Sakuta seems to be a man of culture, liking Mai's legs ;-) ). And I like the way he is handling the fake dating situation. I especially love the little life advice he was giving Koga, and how he is genuinely trying to make her feel better by changing her outlook on life. Honestly, Sakuta is starting to become my favorite main character out of any anime I have seen yet, and one of my favorites, in general. He feels like a real person, and I really like how he handles each situation he is put in.
My only concern is that Koga might try to win Sakuta over for real. But, I have faith that the show will handle that situation well, as it already dealt with the misunderstanding trope perfectly. I can only assume the horrible trope of the love triangle will be dealt with in a way that does not compromise Sakuta and Mai's relationship, either.
All in all, this show is easily becoming one of my all time favorites, and I cannot wait for the next episode.

aint that the truth. most mc would just walk away from a fight but thank god they didnt go that route. to think japan as capable of creating such a real life character.

Yeah, I am really loving Sakuta as a character.
This is for all the gravy!!!

Nov 1, 2018 2:48 PM

Sakuta you sure are a buta yaro, I loved how he handled that bastard.

Nov 1, 2018 3:55 PM

eh, the first arc was promising, but I guess good things don't last forever. this episode was pretty dumb overall, but not offensively so to make me drop it. if it keeps like this I guess I might at least finish it.

Nov 1, 2018 3:56 PM

compared to the original LN, anime has deleted lots of PLOT and focused on the plot. quite happy they can build their images in limited length. this adaptation is so compact but not rushed. i love the series composition cuz hes really doing some best LN adaptation works in recent years. animation so far is well done by the new studio. hope this success would start a road of legend, Cloverworks!
i give this episode a 5/5, same as every episode before.

Nov 1, 2018 4:34 PM
Oh, I can't wait for the story to go to the weird part from the source and rip the fanbase apart, just like Darling in the Fraud did...

Nov 1, 2018 5:42 PM
What is with the ridiculously high rating of this show? It's already at 8.43. Like wtf.

Nov 1, 2018 6:44 PM

Man Sakuta is such a wicked MC. He's just so fun to watch and has no filter. Mai was pretty chill about the while fake dating thing, but she did seem like she was hiding a bit of her true feelings, understandably. Not sure why Sakuta never bothered to call Mai back after that voicemail tho.

I doubt this arc will just resolve by having the first term end and them 'breaking up.' I wouldn't be surprised to have another time loop thing happen or have douche bag senpai to make another move.

Nov 1, 2018 7:29 PM

I'm loving the comedy of this anime so much! It's so good xD
Sakuta and Mai have the best relationship xD

It's so obvious that Koga is starting to like Sakuta.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 1, 2018 7:34 PM
Sakuta is certainly a good boy, he defended Tomoe from the false rumors and faced who spread them.

I'm glad that Mai understands why Sakuta agreed to help Tomoe, although Mai's insecurity can be seen a little bit. Mai's gift to Kaede was quite touching, seeing Sakuta's little sister happy is nice and seeing her get along with Mai is much better.
The chemistry between Tomoe and Sakuta pleases me, the jokes do not stop making me laugh, the best thing is how Tomoe reacts, she is so adorable.
Tomoe is quite insecure, belonging to a group worries her a lot, but her worst fear is to be alone and not have friends.
Futaba had a moment with Kunimi, see her flushed when he spoke to her was the most adorable, but this improved when Sakuta appears and leaves them alone, the serious Futaba lost composure and is more blushed, I hope that Futaba tell her feelings to Kunimi and he accepted them. Sakuta knows how to shut up Kunimi's girlfriend, I hope that if she comes back Kunimi will get rid of that cancer called Kamisato.
The asshole of Maesawa is spreading rumors of Tomoe, saying that she is a slut, Sakuta meets the senpai and he confronts him, first makes him fall and then humiliates him in front of all the students in the train station, leaving on the side, Maesawa has a woman's eyelashes (someone noticed?).
Anyway, it seems that Tomoe fell in love with Sakuta and maybe the devil of Laplace can act again, but who knows?, maybe she understand why Sakuta fell for Mai and she confront her problems and let Sakuta and Mai be a couple

Nov 1, 2018 9:52 PM

Really enjoying this show at the moment! The characters are interesting and I just adore the voice cast's performance.

Nov 1, 2018 10:53 PM
Old Man Otaku

Get some dietary fiber!
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura

Nov 2, 2018 4:05 AM

Okay, best episode so far imo. Sakuta is also the best mc of the season.

when all else fails
take a nap

Nov 2, 2018 4:38 AM

Our MC is not a like a pathetic faggot MC after all. Good job Rascal.

“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia

Nov 2, 2018 5:03 AM
Sakuta what a guy,great sense of humor with straight face.im getting Oreki(hyouka) and hikigaya(yahari ore no seishun.....) vibes from the main character,And then story kinda resemble bakemonogatari in which the Araragi helps girls suffering from different curse and the first girl he saves which is Senjougahara also resmble Mai.

Nov 2, 2018 8:54 AM

Sakuta is a bro. What a cool guy, for real. His "I give no fucks" attitude and how nonchalantly he makes lewd jokes to the women in his life... I don't know if that's realistic or not, but what a cool guy.

And it looks like "pretend" is definitely becoming "real," or however Mai phrased it.

That said, I liked the first arc more. Don't drop the ball on me, Bunny Girl-san.

Nov 2, 2018 9:46 AM
#1 Star Wars Fan

Really enjoying this anime. Quite a fan of monogatari so I'm really feeling it, Especially with how reasonable and natural the two main leads feel. Gonna say this now I hope this gets a season 2 which covers novels 8+ after the film next year comes out. Definitely the show i'm enjoying most this season.

Nov 2, 2018 10:03 AM

Koga Tomoe was acting over exaggerate but that is the part when Sakuta comes in hand and really did some good job to regain her optimism.

This could lead to Koga being attached to him despite knowing Mai-san could led her with serious challenge to deal with.

Nov 2, 2018 11:47 AM

So, can we say that this is where the Laplace Demon ends, cu'z it looks like it does.

Nov 2, 2018 11:53 AM

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So, can we say that this is where the Laplace's Demon ends, cuz it looks like it does.

Don't think so. Futuba and Sakuta's conversation in the lab left the door open to more developments (along with the title of the next episode). Plus the whole 3-episode arc thing...

Nov 2, 2018 1:58 PM

Damn that kick in the face was satisfying.

Nov 2, 2018 3:51 PM

I guess Sakurajima's notion was spot on – for the sake of the cute devil, the ruse must not exceed the threshold of realisation. However, it seems that Koga is treading on the correct path. For now, at least.

But damn, Azusagawa is a smooth operator, I wouldn't have though of a better response to acquiring a can of peaches. He also handled the issue of that cocky basketball player well. Perfectly, even.

Nov 2, 2018 4:08 PM

This MC sure is a refreshing turn from the gynophobic beta cucks we usually get. And pretty good dialogue too, wtf? I'm still no fan of modern character design, but w/e. On track for AOTS imo.

Nov 2, 2018 8:06 PM

Man this anime is so enjoyable, the interactions between the 2 main characters is just so much fun to watch that it makes me forget about anything bad about this show.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »