Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 3, 2018 12:16 AM
Jul 2017
Well this development is leading up to a love triangle situation. The confrontation scenes are always so well done. The confession, now the confrontation scene. God I love this series. Again, I'd like to say the production value is pretty bad. Though, the plot makes up for it
Nov 3, 2018 12:29 AM
Jul 2017
_Paradoxical_ said:
Mai-san's worried look at the train station got me worried :( SakutaxMai forever!

She was there? Holy shit
Nov 3, 2018 12:34 AM
Jul 2017
_Paradoxical_ said:
Mai-san's worried look at the train station got me worried :( SakutaxMai forever!

She wasn't there. Tf
Nov 3, 2018 1:26 AM
Apr 2016
KingDragoYT said:
_Paradoxical_ said:

She wasn't there. Tf

She was. Look through the previous comments. There is a screenshot.
Nov 3, 2018 1:28 AM
Jul 2017
AddiTeacha2 said:
KingDragoYT said:

She wasn't there. Tf

She was. Look through the previous comments. There is a screenshot.

Lmao ok I'm blind - I went through that scene again to find her and didn't. Need to get my eyes checked
Nov 3, 2018 2:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
Hey, he actually got some hits in.

Shingster said:
Kamisato's acting more like a stalker than a gf.
Don't tell me, this is the twist.

Indeed and some amusing ones too lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 4:09 AM

Oct 2015
I am a virgin, holy shit one of the few time it actually have impact
Nov 3, 2018 4:39 AM
Jan 2018
It was a cool episode. Sakuta is the men but i feel like he's being needy to Mai.
Nov 3, 2018 6:34 AM

Jan 2018
uninstallthegame said:
FMmatron said:
Never did I hear someone shouting "I'm a virging" with so much confidence.

It was cool how he teached that jerk a lesson, even tho it wouldn't work that well in rl.

Still feel kinda bad for Tomoe.

This is something you can do, as long as it's in a joking manner. Sure some girls are a bit more sensitive, but for many it's not a big deal.

i feel like a lot of girls nowadays are way too sensitive about topics like that, maybe those are just the ones that i've met. i guess this way the author meant to show that their relationship is getting pretty close

I think if you know the girl well then you shouldn’t have a problem as long it’s in a joke manner.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 7:41 PM

Jun 2012
I hope that her last facial expression at the end, doesn't mean what I think it does...
Nov 4, 2018 1:08 AM

Jan 2008
That basketball guy was real POS. He probably thinks he's a "player" in his mind, but is in fact the dictionary definition of a fuckboy. He got what he deserved in the modern David vs Goliath beat-down. Lab girl was right, people aren't monkeys...though many do act like them, as seen with the short-tempered basketball guy throwing the first punch after a mere taunt from a dude half his size. The poop-kick to the face was absolutely perfect, because it's not enough to just hit back; he deserved to get humiliated too for spreading those nasty rumors. Sakuta has quickly become one of my favorite protagonists.

I'm curious with how they'll handle the love triangle of the side characters with Kumini's annoyingly clingy girlfriend and the lab girl.
Nov 4, 2018 1:37 AM

Nov 2014
Nice to see Mai still actively involved in the show. She's rightfully concerned about Sakuta pretending to date Tomoe, because I think most guys would end up falling for a girl they are neutral towards if they pretend to date. If sure that even if Sakuta remains committed to Mai, the story will eventually get to that. Perhaps Tomoe might try to get him to stick with her, after all she's sceptical of Mai actually liking him.

I'm not quite 100% with Tomoe on her whole view of how being in a social clique works. Pretty sure those people aren't even her friends and she's trying too damn hard. In my view those that latch onto popular people in school often end up the lowest in the social hierarchy once they inevitably get ousted.

Sakuta is seriously crazy and willing to go way too far for others. Just what did Shoko do for him? It seriously impacted the way he thinks.
BurningSpiritNov 4, 2018 1:43 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 4, 2018 2:15 AM
Nov 2016
Loved the way Sakuta handled the situation. Turns out Maesawa was just a horny teen who wanted to get laid.

The banter between Mai and Sakuta is so good.

So Koga's syndrome basically representated how we change ourselves to try and fit in? And that sometimes it's okay to change? I'm guessing that's what I was.

And Koga's arc is over I think. I hope the next arc has Kunimi dumping that bitch he calls a girlfriend and that Futaba confesses her feelings.
Nov 4, 2018 5:34 AM

Jan 2017
Sakuta is MY HERO, only guy that can challenge the legendary Hachiman in the best boy ever competition!
Nov 4, 2018 5:53 AM

Aug 2018
For you Japanese speakers out there, two questions:

1. What are the connotations of the word translated "rascal" in English? In English it's kind of an old-fashioned word and usually refers to a younger kid who is mildly mischievous.

2. Are Tomoe's verbal quirks ("I dun git dat," "I flippin' don't know") supposed to be slang? Or a dialect/accent from where she's from? Is she supposed to sound like what we would call a hick or a redneck when she lapses into that?
Set SCE to AUX
Nov 4, 2018 6:22 AM

Jul 2012
Spannerhead said:

1. What are the connotations of the word translated "rascal" in English? In English it's kind of an old-fashioned word and usually refers to a younger kid who is mildly mischievous.

2. Are Tomoe's verbal quirks ("I dun git dat," "I flippin' don't know") supposed to be slang? Or a dialect/accent from where she's from? Is she supposed to sound like what we would call a hick or a redneck when she lapses into that?

Rascal in this case would translate closer to mischievous.

Tomoe's verbal quirks are her dialect/accent as shes from Fukuoka prefecture which is in northern Japan. From what I know people from this prefecture don't actually have a dialect anywhere near as strong (or at all) like she has in the show. This is often always overdone just like character voices in anime to seem more interesting. The more ya know!
Nov 4, 2018 6:31 AM

Aug 2018
Snakes said:
Spannerhead said:

Rascal in this case would translate closer to mischievous.

Tomoe's verbal quirks are her dialect/accent as shes from Fukuoka prefecture which is in northern Japan. From what I know people from this prefecture don't actually have a dialect anywhere near as strong (or at all) like she has in the show. This is often always overdone just like character voices in anime to seem more interesting. The more ya know!

Thank you! I guess "rascal" is as close as it gets in English, even if it is a little odd-sounding, especially when someone like Futaba says it in the show.

And thanks for the insight about Tomoe's dialect. I wasn't sure since she's characterized as someone who likes to keep up with the trends, including slang, in addition to being a "bumpkin" (Sakuta's word).

I thought Fukuoka was in northern Kyushu?
Set SCE to AUX
Nov 4, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2012
Spannerhead said:
I thought Fukuoka was in northern Kyushu?
You're completely right, Fukuoka is on Kyushu island which is in northern japan, that's all I meant by it. :P
Nov 4, 2018 9:39 AM
Aug 2014
>sucker punch guy
>get kicked
>cry about unfairness
Nov 4, 2018 9:40 AM

Aug 2018
Snakes said:
You're completely right, Fukuoka is on Kyushu island which is in northern japan, that's all I meant by it. :P

Not to be pedantic, but Kyushu is the southernmost of the Japanese islands..... :/

Back to Bunny Girl Senpai? ;)
Set SCE to AUX
Nov 4, 2018 10:22 AM
May 2016
The first 3 episodes were really really exciting really indifferent, I can't help but feel like it's becoming more and more like monogatari.
Nov 4, 2018 2:28 PM
Aug 2018
Um , let's see. This episode was a bit different from the others before and it might be the reason that I liked it. Different twists and turns in an anime is what makes it interesting for me .
Of course the basketball senpai was an asshole. But I think that Tomoe is starting to have feelinga towards Sakuta . Mai is really supportive of Sakuta and trusts him and that's what I liked. The trust between them.
Sakuta's talk about Tomoe's friends was sure good. We should live as we are and anyone who is our friend will accept us for who we are . She should be more careful in the matter of making friends and more importantly : true friends. But I still felt like something was lacking ,Therefore
Overall : 4.5/5
Nov 5, 2018 8:14 AM
May 2014
uninstallthegame said:
this is going beyond hachiman level with this uber sarcasm and nonchalant perverted jokes with underclassmen. like joking about her butt and not being despised? only in anime...

also this close relationship with her is really weird, he can't realize where this is going?
I would argue that only in anime would most women get extremely mad and sensitive about a guy joking that their butt is big.

This is quite a realistic MC by western standards at least. A dude who ain’t afraid to mouth off his sexual urges to girls and the girls respond to him in joking manners as they would in real life.
Nov 5, 2018 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
At the end of the episode, surely she's gonna try to compete against Mai. Well, it's expected after what Sakuta did for her and any girl will have an interest or fall in love. There might gonna be a loop in the future once again.
TennoujiNov 5, 2018 1:27 PM

Nov 5, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2011
Zadion said:
Sakuta is a bro. What a cool guy, for real. His "I give no fucks" attitude and how nonchalantly he makes lewd jokes to the women in his life... I don't know if that's realistic or not, but what a cool guy.

I like having lewd jokes to my female friends and they're completely fine with it since they can tell that it's just simply a joke. Of course there are limits on what kind of lewd joke that you can say but yes, having lewd jokes with an opposite sex can be or is realistic.

Nov 6, 2018 6:12 AM
Oct 2018
Good Anime! For the storyline i think its good. For the voice character i think perfect because they can do that as the dialog.
Nov 7, 2018 7:09 AM

Apr 2015
Nothing special this episode, but mostly lovable and very watchable.
Though the handling of the gossiping may be a bit crude. A bit like Sangatsu S2.
Nov 8, 2018 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Wow I do not need her to develop actual romantic feelings like please anything but that
Nov 21, 2018 2:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Sakuta: “Why don't you hurry and get sleep?”.
Koga: “Everyone else was awake, so I couldn't go to sleep before them”.
That summarizes perfectly the current state of society with the youngsters, everybody is too obsessed with the others and how they live their life that it has so much effect on their own, how could someone be this unconfident?I'm putting it on social media as it eased up putting up fake faces for the screen just to say “Hey, it's me”.
That confrontation with the redhead basketball dude was great, so brave to shout about your virginity in public in front of people you know. It was still satisfying though. However, this whole thing is going to be a problem in the future for the relationship between Sakuta and Mai, he did friendzone her, he seems determined, I don't trust he'd fall for her, but it's another story for her, she already showed a lot of symptoms.
Nov 24, 2018 9:10 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Sakuta is the man. Every interaction he had in this episode was amazing. The dialogues were also great. It all felt so natural I'm glad I gave this show a try.

Regarding the ep, I feel really bad for Koga, being honest. Being so afraid of what others think. I'm not against the idea of changing yourself when you like said change. As Sakuta said, Koga is happy with her new self so that's all that matters. But trying to fit so desperately in a group because she's so terrified of being isolated from the others is just sad.

And as I expected, she will fall in love with Sakuta but that will conclude in a sad ending for sure.
Nov 26, 2018 1:09 PM

Sep 2017
That's 2 arcs so far that didn't feel either rushed or dragged out, also it was somehow possible to have a couple of episodes focused on Tomoe without losing the sense that Mai is the other MC

Also I'm really appreciating that Mai is so rational about things, clearly a bit naive in some ways and has no intention of making things too easy for Sakuta, but it's quite refreshing to have a female lead that not aggressive, unreasonable and constantly overreacting to everything, but also not to keen and a pushover. I do like drama, but not the unnecessary kind that exists for the sake of stretching out a story, and misunderstandings are the most common device for that. So I'm very pleased with the way things have been moved along to this point
Nov 27, 2018 2:37 AM

Jul 2009
When Sakuta screamed "I'm a virgin!" I'm just like lolwut lol. Guy's a cool protagonist without trying too hard to be apathetic, so I respect that. I also like how Mai's so chill in letting Sakuta go on a date with Koga.

I think this was the first episode that didn't deal with any supernatural hijinks, which was why it felt somewhat different from the rest. Not a bad thing at all though; in fact, this was one of my favorite episodes so far.
Nov 29, 2018 4:18 PM

May 2018
Shadzzo said:
This is the face of God

lol, this face is awesome.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Dec 2, 2018 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
Sakuta is such a refreshing MC

So cheeky

I want to see him and 8man to have a convo

Also been in my mind for a while but these girls are making it way too easy for Sakuta sometimes. They get flustered way too easily, even for Mai sometimes
LeMastaDec 2, 2018 10:31 AM
Dec 7, 2018 8:12 AM

Sep 2017
first time i hear "i'm a virgin!" in anime and it's not meant to be a joke. this is great. if this keeps up i'm giving it a 10.
Dec 7, 2018 1:09 PM
Mar 2018
WHAT IS SHE GOING TO DO TO MAI
Dec 13, 2018 10:30 AM

May 2015
He should use stick with poo. Ultimate weapon.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 19, 2018 11:40 PM
Jul 2012
I use to hate anime and thought this was rip off melancholy Haruhi and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! due to too many similarities in a way it is not bad at all. The main character reminds of Kon from Haruhi and mai remind me of Haruhi a bit.
nepu nepu
Dec 25, 2018 11:46 PM

Jul 2013
The way this whole school is becoming a giant wave and no one's going against it is ridiculous and utterly unrealistic. But whatever I'm not here for realism, I'm here to have fun and I am. I relate so much to Koga and Sakuta.
Dec 28, 2018 4:55 AM

Dec 2018
first 4 min are BDSM
Jan 1, 2019 6:43 PM

May 2013
Mai-chan knows. Actually, any girl who has a good bf should be able to tell that another girl could just as easily fall for him too lol

Tomoe can't compete tho. She should give up and stay in the "best friend zone" lol.

Kunimi should get rid of his crazy ass redhead gf and date the lab girl instead. She's so much sweeter and smarter and NOT a psycho :P
Jan 3, 2019 5:45 AM

Jan 2015
The scene where he embarassed that Maesawa I felt so satisfied lol.
Nice episode but the previous arc was better.
Jan 6, 2019 11:46 PM

Jan 2017
Thought the endless time cycle would continue more than just episode 3, but character development was the substitute for episode 4 and 5 which is great.
Jan 11, 2019 12:35 PM

May 2012
Get Rekt! Best attack ever :p Really lovely but yea well Mai-chan was right :p looking forwards to see what will happen next with all these girls :p
Jan 20, 2019 4:11 PM

Sep 2011
I'm annoyed at how every single student in their school is a douche in some shape or form. I guess it's the usual stuff though, believing every rumor they hear, and all friendships are superficial at best.
Seems like the arc and potentially even the loop thing still have more to go.
Feb 2, 2019 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
LOL, Mai should've just accepted that almost bare naked hug! Either way, her reaction was still cute!

And so for the whole term, Sakuta is dating with Koga. I just like him even more when despite being calm and almost rarely having a distinct expression, he's constantly reminding Koga of the butt kick incident and kept making jokes about it, these are genuinely hilarious! Of course, it's even better when Koga herself responded in a cute manner!

Kamisato is just annoying with her bitch ass tsundere personality, but my boi Sakuta always got a roast to deliver to anyone including her.

What is it about rumours in this school? Something happened and rumours of it spread like wildfire! And this time a rumour about Koga...
I'm glad that Sakuta directly confronted that basketball guy. The whole 'bully-beatdown' scene was goddamn satisfying and especially that shit-smelling-kick to the guy's face. Topped off with him shouting at the guy debunking his rumour about Koga. Satisfying indeed... They ain't really dating, but they do care about each other.

Ooof, is Koga jealous of Mai in the end there???

EDIT: Damn Mai was in the station!
ShadowkillZFeb 2, 2019 9:53 AM
Feb 7, 2019 5:33 PM

Oct 2012
So in the end, she's realy the demon, albeit unknowingly. I bet one wish that she would change her places with Mai next to him brings them into lot of mess the next time. Whole situation is hardly over and her bitchy and possesive side is yet to be revealed. Funny thing because she only got interested in him after that confession (aka it's always the same - a man is more desirable by other women when he was seen with antoher woman before).

She will probably try to steal him now, but knowing him, that's not gonna happened. In the end, Tomoe would probably be the one who rewinds everything back, erasing this big case of lie. It's true that good friends are hard to find but the flag was already there and I really hope she ditches her fake Line friends and goes with Yoneyama who fits her a lot more. One true friend is more that ten false ones.

Meanwhile Futaba is getting flustered and those were some great scenes! But if I was Kunimi I would thought they are very close instead. Although there are too many women around him right now so the situation gets more and more complicated.
May 4, 2019 9:07 AM

Feb 2019
This show is the show that keeps on giving. I definitely liked this better than the last episode (not in terms of quality, this show's pretty consistent).

How Mai handled the situation is... admirable. I mean, most people would NOT have handled it that way. She's really mature or she's abnormal. Either way, I like it. Though I still don't much like this concept of fake dating. But her banter with Sakuta is still top-notch as ever, I find myself waiting for them to interact. Also, she's so lovely with Kaede. Really love seeing them interact and get closer!

Sakuta is pretty dang awesome. I'm not sure how he manages to not develop feelings beyond mere friendship for Koga after spending time like that. I mean, I believe most guys would have at least some romantic feelings. Also, awesome fight. He owned it. Really used his brains while his opponent used only his brawn. That was bloody awesome. And Sakuta is a really good guy.

I'm charmed by Koga. I still think this whole fake dating thing is bad, but she's quite charming too. I'm getting vibes that she's really developing romantic feelings for Sakuta. Especially that ending scene, I think that probably gives the whole thing away. Really interested to see how it all develops. At this point, I'm already taken by her. I hope everyone gets peace by the end of this arc. I want her to be happy, but I don't want her to interfere with Sakuta and Mai.

Gave a 4 not because of quality, but because I just felt somewhat sad and apprehensive about the current situation.
Jun 19, 2019 3:00 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao when the bully gets bullied
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 6, 2019 7:42 PM
Sep 2016
Sakuta actually winning that fight was cool and refreshing. Didn't even last, and the fight ended with words instead of fists. Wish more high school protagonists were like him.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.