Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 31, 2018 8:04 AM

I only got (back) into anime two years ago. What keeps me watching are the countless genres and different stories, the fun voice acting, wonderful art styles, worlds and characters, music, and 2D animation!

Oct 31, 2018 8:06 AM
Grim Anime Fan

probably it's been with me since early age and functions for me essentially as "life fuel" ... which effects weaken over course of years.

Aside that I love the style, language and simply lot more simple but fun elements of them. Bunch of "moral compasses" also align my views with Anime than western influenced bullshit...

Basically thing I enjoy spending time to... while pretty much hate everything else or am absolutely not interested in most stuff. Anime is one thing I can say I still have various emotions about and probably one of only few things that bring some positive feelings.

Moral of the story. I simply love Anime and it's subculture.

Oct 31, 2018 8:21 AM

I'd imagine the simple answer is people...... enjoy watching anime.

Oct 31, 2018 8:29 AM
Jean Michel Salt

kayyylerbbb said:
Not about what made you start watching anime but really about what makes you continue!
Why are you still watching anime even until now? What makes you not want to stop or makes it hard for you to stop even if you ever have the thought of not watching anymore anime

i got a question for u why not?
To respond im steel watching anime cause i like to do it since i pref watch animation thing more than other medium.

Oct 31, 2018 9:04 AM

i watch anime out of pure boredom now

Oct 31, 2018 9:06 AM

For the same reason I still watch western cartoons, live-action TV shows and movies.

Oct 31, 2018 4:41 PM

2D tits are the sole reason why I watch anime

Oct 31, 2018 4:43 PM

Because it's better than the nonsense currently airing on television here.
It gets a few chuckles out of me at the very least.

Nov 1, 2018 3:58 AM

I think for me anime is also a way to experience new stuff. I always listen to the exact same songs and play the same video games and watch the same Youtubers. Anime is what changes yknow.
dis sum gud shit

Nov 1, 2018 4:06 AM

It's better than the majority of normal series and movies.
Seeing the hard work put into animating is inspiring.
Cute and badass characters are very enjoyable.
Stunning art style and cool soundtracks.

It's better this way.
A little lonelier,
but better.

delivery x last.fm

Nov 1, 2018 4:18 AM

Anime tend to have awesome characters while almost every liveaction doesn't give two shits about them

Reo did nothing wrong

Nov 1, 2018 4:26 AM

My reason is simple: it still offers me better entertainment than other media.

Nov 1, 2018 4:41 AM
I'm probably too afraid to stop at this point...

Serious answer would be that I enjoy anime a lot and keep finding new(well, or old) stuff, that interests me and keeps me going.

Nov 1, 2018 4:46 AM

I don’t like American movies or shows (most of the time) so I find entertainment in Japanese shows. It’s just something I do for fun. Since I find it fun I continue.

Nov 1, 2018 5:46 AM

honestly, for a while after i started trying to stop being a neet I felt really anxious all the time and had a hard time focusing on anything when I was alone. I started watching anime again cause I realized I just needed something to do. But as I've become a more relaxed person than I've ever been it's become something different to me. It helps me find the time to relax and not worry about things for a bit which is integral to my mental health. I continue watching it because I love long running shows and by now I'm pretty convinced anime has more to offer as a medium than American television. Also I love animation and the aesthetics of anime.
come with me empty human

Nov 1, 2018 11:51 AM
Because card games bro

>Anime is love
>Anime is life

Nov 2, 2018 5:41 AM

It still gives me the same emotions as ever I guess

Nov 2, 2018 5:49 AM

Because there is a lot of stuff I want to watch and a lot more awesome ones always waiting for me in future seasons, it's hard to stop when having that much fun.

Nov 2, 2018 5:57 AM

Because I've been watching it since I was a kid and its a huge part of my life.

Nov 2, 2018 6:55 AM

what keeps me in this fandom is arguably the same thing that got me into it. only problem is finding something that isn't the same thing i've been seeing. the point when i quit is the point when studios stop being creative and that day will be the day the shounen spirit dies...
Modified by genzi7, Nov 2, 2018 7:00 AM

Nov 2, 2018 7:05 AM

coz life become a beautiful place and generally i can't stand reality
"People Live their Lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That is how they define "Reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? They are merely vague concepts... Their "Reality" may all be a mirage." -Itachi Uchiha

Nov 2, 2018 7:13 AM
senpai
because im that one awful beast who finds its peace in solitude

Nov 2, 2018 7:21 AM
If i didn't watch any anime when I was younger I'm probably reading books now.

Nov 2, 2018 12:54 PM

> Why do you still watch anime?
Frankly, anime is just the best. The best form of passive visual entertainment at least. Americans can't hope to draw pretty girls like Japanese do, live-action doesn't do enough fantasy and sci-fi, and doesn't have enough pretty girls anyway... I could go on for ages, but I just haven't found any other form of entertainment that's easy to digest and yet as good as anime.

Instead, let me list the things where anime and its relatives win over other artforms.
* Morality. I find anime to be more compartible with me than anything else, whether from America or my own country.
* Girls. Japan understands that girls should be numerous, varied and pretty. That nicely fills the void in my techie life that is very much lacking in girls.
* Speculative fiction. There just isn't enough sci-fi and fantasy done in other countries, especially the relatively serious stories commonly featured in anime.
* Heartwarming. My country's entertainment seems dead set on making people feel awful, and western entertainment doesn't seem to help much.

Nov 2, 2018 8:22 PM

It brings me joy.

Or the other way of phrasing it: "I like it"
Man, I have to stop falling in love with fictitious high school girls...

Nov 3, 2018 3:31 AM

For entertainment obviously, OP..

Jul 23, 2:13 PM
This is a good question. Why do I still watch anime?
I don't remember why I started. Niether why I stopped after a while. Niether why I started to watch them again.
I could make hypotheses, but I would only be projecting onto my older selves what I'd like to believe has happened.
So history is not gonna help me answering this question, at all.

Why do I watch anime now?
I guess it's something that has penetrated into my identity.
Anime played a huge part in my growth, when I was a pre-pubescent and then a early-teen kid. So much that it's hard to imagine having absolutely no relation to anime. When there are periods when I don't watch any, sooner or later I'll miss watching them. I miss the atmophere they offer. You won't find anything else like anime, since they are so peculiar. Love them or hate them, I think this is undeniable.

Jul 23, 2:17 PM

im not even sure anymore,time to quit

Jul 23, 2:18 PM

Because there aren't many TV shows, cartoons or movies that get me excited to watch them anymore. Anime fills the void, though not entirely since there are certain elements I miss from western cartoons that anime doesn't really replicate.

Jul 23, 2:23 PM

Cause I'm bored and I don't have anything better to do I guess.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

Jul 23, 2:24 PM

It is a good form of entertainment like movies , western cartoons, and etc
Pew Pew I Stole Your Heart

Jul 23, 2:27 PM
Nostalgia. Life becomes fucked up and I want to revive something familiar from simpler times.

Jul 23, 2:33 PM

For entertainment, it's a way out of boredom

Jul 23, 2:38 PM

the abundance of new stuff and how stylized it is

..its also just entertaining.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 23, 2:47 PM

The interesting and unique storylines that you don't typically find anywhere else.

Jul 23, 2:49 PM

The possibility of stumbling upon a 9/10 or two or three every year. That's it, I need no other reason. Plus this 2019 I found a 10/10 and a 9/10 in the same season. I can't possibly stop watching anime now, with all this potential seductively calling to me.

Jul 23, 2:54 PM
Anime is life... This is already a great reason to watch.

Jul 23, 3:44 PM

It's a very diverse form of entertainment, and the form I prefer.

Jul 23, 4:02 PM
Anime just takes me away from the bad moments in life.

Jul 23, 4:24 PM
I've been told that there's a reward for reaching 500 completed shows...

Pages (2) « 1 [2]