Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 30, 2018 3:44 PM

Jun 2016
So you started watching this anime and you can’t stop watching it because you find that a certain character in the anime is #relatable. Sound familiar? Haha

I think many people would love to be this character or that character in an anime (mostly isekai? hahaha) but sometimes it’s not necessarily we WANT to be that character but more like we ARE like that character

When I first started watching Oregairu, I fell in love with the series because I can relate to Hachiman so much in the series as I was a loner back in my school years and was very pessimistic about life in general. Watching Oregairu and looking at Hachiman go about his life in school as a loner with some help from his “acquaintances” sure brings back some memories

Are there any anime characters u can relate to? :)
Lets be nice :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 30, 2018 3:48 PM
we back

Aug 2015
The MC from Welcome to the NHK is probably the most relatable character I've come across in an anime.
Oct 30, 2018 3:48 PM

Oct 2017
This bastard is probably one of the most relatable characters :P

Oct 30, 2018 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
the main character from hyouka
can't remember his name
Oct 30, 2018 3:49 PM

Sep 2018
This post had me dead laughing, because Tenma Gabriel White from Gabriel Dropout is me on like a spiritual level. She is the definition of me, basically.
"And this....is to go....even further beyond!"
-Son Goku

Oct 30, 2018 3:55 PM

Aug 2017
Can def also relate to hachiman as well, although several char from oregairu in general had relatable points. Solork Ikta from alderamin was also pretty relatable for me, and makishima's ideology from psycho pass struck a chord as well.
Oct 30, 2018 3:59 PM

Mar 2017
As weird as it is, Rider from Fate/Zero. When he explains all his beliefs and such I was like "wow he sounds really arrogant and selfish" but then I was like "oh wait he has the same take on everything that i do"
Oct 30, 2018 4:00 PM

Mar 2018
Guess that'd be 8man. Imho, his character is wasted on a senseless show like Oregairu.
Silently waiting for WW3 to come and kill everyone while I die smoking weed and drinking coke 🚬👌
Oct 30, 2018 4:02 PM

Oct 2018
Handakun, it may sound strange. But that's true lol.
Oct 30, 2018 4:02 PM

Sep 2018
Sato from Welcome to the NHK definitely
Konata from Lucky Star REALLY reminds me of myself too, because I am also a short smug nerd bastard in high school. and my friends also are done with my weeaboo shenanigans. and i am a girl. amazing.
and Osomatsu from Osomatsu-San, because I’m also the eldest sibling who’s extremely irresponsible

kinda sad i only relate to otaku losers
Oct 30, 2018 4:07 PM

Oct 2018
A combination of Choromatsu and Nakamura.

Nervous, stressed, shy, angry, flustered all the time, idol/manga hell, a straight man who cannot hold that role properly, and in Nakamura and me's case, gay.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Oct 30, 2018 8:57 PM
Feb 2017
I'd relate to Deku (Izuku Midoriya) from MHA. I always want to do my best and strive to actually become the best but I usually lack knowledge or the skills to do so. I also let people say what they want and act very introverted but when the situation calls to it, is usually get serious and stand up for myself. I share a lot, if not all ideals with him. Also his motivation really inspires me to do better myself.
Oct 30, 2018 9:24 PM

Jun 2015
I used to relate exactly to Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke. In fact, I was practically her. Looked like a bitch so everybody ignored me, but I didn't mind that much. (I got friends later though, of course). I was real nice, pretty dense with boys, hardworking, cooked a lot, ran fast, and just generally grateful about everything in life. I even looked like her at one point.

Now I relate more to Chino Takako from Orange.

Oh how times change :')
Oct 30, 2018 9:26 PM

Nov 2015

While I may come off as intimidating, I am just awkward. I'm trying the best I can to be friendly :') please dont be scared of me I compare social interactions to equations and formulas much too often. I am not as cheerful as I wish I could be, nor as positive as Sawako. The lack of social skills, but eagerness to improve it, are both the things I share with them. Depending on my mood, how miserable or happy I am, I naturally act, surprisingly similar, to either of the two.
Oct 30, 2018 9:34 PM

Nov 2011
I’ve always felt pretty connected to Yomi from the black rock shooter OVA. The anxiety that comes from your friends leaving you for someone else is something I relate to heavily- and Yomi pretty much revolves around this feeling throughout the entire OVA.

Oct 30, 2018 9:44 PM

Aug 2018
the mc from classroom of the elite. (partially)

i see others as tools, i feign interest 99% of the time and keep people on my side, i think i'm better than most people. i think im always right. i think im smart. i don't bother with trivial things, like calling people their correct name, whatever name gets their attention is good enough.

the main difference is he hides his abilities, i mainly only hide my actions but would normally get top marks back in school whilst making a point of sleeping for like 50% of the exam.
Oct 30, 2018 9:53 PM

Nov 2016
Murasakibara is basically my spirit animal.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2018 10:05 PM

Jun 2017
Saiki Kusuo from Saiki Kusuo no psi-nan
Oct 30, 2018 11:14 PM

Nov 2017
Shinji Ikari from Evangelion, his struggle was my struggle when I was 14.
Oct 30, 2018 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
Hachiman from Oregairu

A cynical loner that comes off as an asshole because he spits the real truth. Me in a nutshell.
Oct 30, 2018 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
The main character from NHK ni youkoso, when I started watching this anime I knew it was about me
Oct 30, 2018 11:27 PM
Jul 2018
Either lain or kousei.

I can emotionally relate to both characters.
Might be hard to explain
Oct 30, 2018 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
N30-R3TR0 said:
As weird as it is, Rider from Fate/Zero. When he explains all his beliefs and such I was like "wow he sounds really arrogant and selfish" but then I was like "oh wait he has the same take on everything that i do"

Isn't that the guy who believes a king should be a tyrant and that all of his followers are expendable? Isn't he also the guy who wants to start world war 3 and take over the world?

No judgement, I thought Rider's moments were great. One of, if not the best parts of that show.
Oct 31, 2018 12:23 AM

Mar 2012
Rachel Gardner
Saralegui
And ever other character who has been told by their parents that they shouldn't have given birth to them
Oct 31, 2018 12:37 AM

Sep 2018
WATAMOTE (Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!) </3 story of my life ...

I can relate to Tomoko, i can feel her frustration.. i experience all her difficulties. i cried every time i watch the anime (even it is a comedy)
erenmeiiOct 31, 2018 12:41 AM
Oct 31, 2018 12:53 AM

Aug 2016
Ishida Shouya from Koe no Katachi, literally me few years ago.
Oct 31, 2018 12:53 AM

Sep 2018
HungryForQuality said:
N30-R3TR0 said:

Isn't that the guy who believes a king should be a tyrant and that all of his followers are expendable? Isn't he also the guy who wants to start world war 3 and take over the world?

No judgement, I thought Rider's moments were great. One of, if not the best parts of that show.

From the moment I first saw Rider in Fate I thought, yep, that's me. He's fucking great

Oct 31, 2018 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
Hachiman, he's my favourite character because I can relate to him a lot.
Oct 31, 2018 1:15 AM

Sep 2018
Well, not including anime directly, Yumeno from Danganronpa, Yusuke from Persona and Aya from Bandori are pretty relatable.
But directly just anime, I guess I'd say I relate to Sayaka from Madoka magica a lot. Like her, I tend to be stubborn, irrational and emotional under pressure, but at the same time, passionate and try to remain a good friend to those around me.
Oct 31, 2018 1:20 AM

Oct 2013
Bakugou from MHA. I felt a lot of his character was a reflection of a younger me. I enjoyed his character development throughout the show and I can’t wait for th fourth.
Oct 31, 2018 1:54 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know. I don't have my most relatable anime character.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Oct 31, 2018 1:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Same here, the pessimism of Hikigaya Hachiman and Oreki Houtarou of Hyouka is something I can really relate to. Moreover, there was a phase when I used to admire and try to mimic them, but thankfully it was short and a while back.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 31, 2018 2:03 AM

Mar 2013
Before I clicked on this thread I knew it was going to be a bunch of people being like "I'm Hachiman". We get it, you have no friends, have a martyr complex, and think you're way more witty than you actually are. Put it back in your pants.

I relate to Aoki from Hajime No Ippo.
Oct 31, 2018 2:03 AM
Mar 2018
Death the Kid from Soul Eater. It may sound funny but I do have a symmetry complex. Lol
Oct 31, 2018 2:09 AM

Apr 2013
AudioTsunami said:
Before I clicked on this thread I knew it was going to be a bunch of people being like "I'm Hachiman". We get it, you have no friends, have a martyr complex, and think you're way more witty than you actually are. Put it back in your pants.

I don't know Aoki, but I assume he gets triggered easily?
Oct 31, 2018 2:10 AM

Aug 2016
Tanaka from Tanaka-kun is Always......zzzzzzzz

JokerVenturaOct 31, 2018 12:17 PM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 31, 2018 2:46 AM

May 2018
Never understood this relatable/unrelatable stuff.

I just like or dislike characters.
Nothing to do with are they somehow resemble me or not.

Yes, for example in my case Tatsuhiro from NHK ni Youkoso is totally relatable but I also like stories with characters dramatically different from me.
It's not that I watch and like all the titles with hokokomori MCs, just Welcome to the N.H.K. is really good and realistic show.
alshuOct 31, 2018 2:50 AM
Oct 31, 2018 2:51 AM

Jul 2015
I can relate myself to Reinhard Von Lohengramm from LOGH.

Oct 31, 2018 3:23 AM
Nov 2016
Probably Tanaka-kun was Itsumo Kearuge right now in my life.

But I've also identified with Jean from ACCA, Lelouch from Code Geass(ik, it's difficult to explain), Hachiman from Oregairu and probably a few others I can't remember.
Oct 31, 2018 7:49 AM

Mar 2013
Gator said:
AudioTsunami said:

It's okay Hachiman. All the other Hachimen will spend the rest of your lives cranking it to hentai, while "keeping it real" and wishing for a rando love triangle in their parent's basement, too. You're not alone. You have allies. If you step out of your loner shell, you can find friends, with all the other Hachimen. Life is looking up.
Oct 31, 2018 7:54 AM

Apr 2013
AudioTsunami said:
Gator said:

It's okay Hachiman. All the other Hachimen will spend the rest of your lives cranking it to hentai, while "keeping it real" and wishing for a rando love triangle in their parent's basement, too. You're not alone. You have allies. If you step out of your loner shell, you can find friends, with all the other Hachimen. Life is looking up.

I don't know what Hachiman or their fans did to you, but I assume your profile pic is the look on your face when you write such posts. But I'm sure everyone who rated Oregairu a 10/10 is a pitiful loser virgin or whatever it is you're saying.
Oct 31, 2018 8:02 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
not sure I've seen as pathetic character as me.

Some characters are quite close to "me" but even they are on some aspects quite far off from "me" :/

So not sure.. maybe Hachiman maybe Hyouka main guy maybe main guy from Koe No katachi....dunno
Oct 31, 2018 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
Gator said:
AudioTsunami said:

I don't know what Hachiman or their fans did to you, but I assume your profile pic is the look on your face when you write such posts. But I'm sure everyone who rated Oregairu a 10/10 is a pitiful loser virgin or whatever it is you're saying.

I just want you and the Hachimen to have a better life. =(. Get better Hachiman
Oct 31, 2018 8:26 AM

Feb 2010
touma from toaru majutsu no index. minus the running into random girls
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 31, 2018 10:09 AM

Mar 2017
HungryForQuality said:
N30-R3TR0 said:

Haha I don't relate to sending ppl to their death and taking over countries. But he believes that an individual is only ever an embodiment or his own desires, and lives his life serving said desires. There is no rhyme or reason why anybody wants anything because it is subjective to the individual. I'll want things you can never understand and vice versa. You live for yourself. A king is a king because he lives for himself and has the utmost mission for a fulfillment that may never be attained. All we can do is be idiots and dream about it, and the king is the greatest dreamer, the biggest idiot.
Oct 31, 2018 10:12 AM
Sep 2017
Hachiman Hikigaya from Oregairu. His is best for me.
Oct 31, 2018 10:40 AM

Oct 2017
Light Yagami from Death Note, if that makes me a little crazy so be it. Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad and Saiki Kusou (from Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan ofc) were also pretty relatable in different ways to Light. A lot of people are saying Hachiman which is understandable, but he was too much of a loner and a bit too cynical for me personally.
Oct 31, 2018 10:45 AM

Feb 2016
I been rewatching NGE lately, and I found that Shinji reminds me of my old self and myself in general.
Oct 31, 2018 11:44 AM

Oct 2015
I can't even begin to imagine how the loss of a family member must be like, but a lot of Rei's struggles and his inability to connect to people really hit close to home, so much so that I had to put it down and return to it later at some parts. He's like a reflection of me when I was at my worst.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

11 by deg »»
43 seconds ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
1 minute ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

59 by KittenCuddler »»
14 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

18 by traed »»
20 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 32 minutes ago

1 by SnipeStrike »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.