Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 18, 2018 10:28 AM
There are occasionally good ones (the good ones I've seen: Konosuba, NGNL, Re:Zero), but most of them are absolute garbage.

They all started copying SAO because it was so successful and copying garbage is so easy.
Harem? Check. Gary Stu? Check. Generic magic world? Check.

Ironically, the copies are slightly better than SAO.

Dec 18, 2018 10:41 AM

Good concept but overused too much. And how did it become a formula? I mean, MC dies > got reincarnated > received OP powers > build a harem > profit??? I expected every isekai I watched to deviate from this formula at a particular step and every single one failed at it. (Exception goes to Re;Zero and Konosuba but I believe those two are not your average run-of-the-mill isekai) And why the hell every protagonist remembers his past life? Not remembering the past life can always be used as a plot twist later and yet no isekai author tries to exploit it. All they're trying is how badass and unusual the protagonist's ability should be and how attractive the girls look. Even as a moe fan, I find these things extremely repetitive and thus, I'm losing hope in isekai genre.

Dec 18, 2018 10:43 AM
Believe

they often incorporate a fantasy mmorpg setting and that just doesn't appeal to and many fly under my radar, but i did enjoy gate and konosuba. isekai like slime and re zero were underwhelming imo.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]