Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 30, 2018 9:07 PM

KuroudoAkabane said:
jesteri said:
es. I am inspired by the manga "The Promised Neverland" and how the mother is absolutely flawless. She raises her kids in a way that never impacts their psyche negatively, always encouraging and loving, maintaining a strong front, never allowing a bad side to show, maximizing human potential. Curious to see how it will play out in real life.
WOW .... cant wait for those things to grow up into retards or killers...... just so promising

i know right! honestly I have never seen any very strict controlled experiments of "the perfect environment for human growth" (probably because they can't control for how peers from school and such will hit them). Mostly every animal on the planet, when their babies are first born, they can walk and do a lot of stuff relatively quickly, like sensing when they're in danger, sticking with the group etc.
BUT humans, anything less than 5 can't really do anything for itself. 5 year old dogs in comparison are already pretty damn huge. It is very perplexing that their minds are so fragile and dependent on an outside source, and for so long.
I'm still scared for life about when my parents tore up my macaroni art.

also will address the question of "natural born genius" vs "genius born from environment" in an interesting way, though it's hard to find natural born geniuses to compare to.

Oct 30, 2018 9:51 PM

jesteri said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
WOW .... cant wait for those things to grow up into retards or killers...... just so promising

i know right! honestly I have never seen any very strict controlled experiments of "the perfect environment for human growth" (probably because they can't control for how peers from school and such will hit them). Mostly every animal on the planet, when their babies are first born, they can walk and do a lot of stuff relatively quickly, like sensing when they're in danger, sticking with the group etc.
BUT humans, anything less than 5 can't really do anything for itself. 5 year old dogs in comparison are already pretty damn huge. It is very perplexing that their minds are so fragile and dependent on an outside source, and for so long.

also will address the question of "natural born genius" vs "genius born from environment" in an interesting way, though it's hard to find natural born geniuses to compare to.
just buy big house and compartmentalize it, 1 room for 1 kid, and make sure to have many inbred babies with yer sis/mom

then you can experiment raising one kid each in 1 unique way

cheers

Oct 30, 2018 10:02 PM

KuroudoAkabane said:
jesteri said:

just buy big house and compartmentalize it, 1 room for 1 kid, and make sure to have many inbred babies with yer sis/mom

then you can experiment raising one kid each in 1 unique way

cheers

dont think that's wise due to birth defects and higher chances of autism but interesting fact, there's some rising science on how autism can correlate with genius, but the rate too low to be worth and it's sketchy at best.

isolation isn't also good, we are social animals m8.

Oct 31, 2018 2:09 AM

No and there's a lot of folks here who should probably never have kids either

HIYA LUCKIES.

Oct 31, 2018 1:53 PM

nicethings said:
No and there's a lot of folks here who should probably never have kids either
That's a harsh thing to say. If someone wishes to feel the happiness of having children, they should imho be able to do so, provided, they can take care of them. And if you think that the majority wouldn't even be able to properly take care of themselves alone: most people here are still quite young and can improve until they're ready. You can never know whether something happens in your life that will make you want to improve yourself so much and change your opinion that you will want to become a parent yourself. Mark my words; I will not be surprised at all if you end up as a mother one day.

Nov 9, 2018 5:38 AM
With the current socio-political and economic status of my country, I guess it's a nah. No more kids. Just dog for now.

I imagine my sons and daughters having less and less time and money for themselves and their parents. I mean, look at us now. Too many OTs, so taking physical care for our parents is difficult, unless you can afford a caregiver.

To not be a burden to those kids, we will need to enroll ourselves into a proper retirement home, which costs a huge sum (last time I checked it was around 45k monthly per person). If my numbers weren't off, I need a future worth of 50M (per person). I can't even avail of a monthly amortization of 70k for a condo (in house financing bec freelancer), how is saving 45k per month and not allowing that to depreciate (with proper investment methods) going to fit into that?

Nov 9, 2018 6:13 AM

To be frank, no. Having even one child can burden you as you need to take a lot of responsibility and that's not something I am fond of, so I would rather live alone and live my life without stressing out. If I were to change my mind, I'd adopt one.

Nov 9, 2018 7:43 AM

I've considered adopting children, but it's never progressed beyond to the point I actually go through the process.

What's more shocking to me in this topic is the people who would have kids because there significant other wants them while they don't. I get making compromises...but damn...there's gotta be some kind of line.

Nov 9, 2018 7:47 AM

I do not not if i'll get marry and have a children, i am not getting marrid somehow, but sorry.

Nov 9, 2018 7:50 AM

YaoiMaster said:
But I personally did not want any.
does this imply you already have kids?

OT: no plans for that now, first come money then kids, i don't want them to grow up poor.

Nov 9, 2018 9:15 AM
Why should be always a reason to do something?

Nov 9, 2018 9:27 AM

a lot of uncertainty lies in raising a child.
probably wont have one until i have everything figured out.

Nov 9, 2018 9:40 AM

No, I love kids and I think I'd be a fine parent but I'm way too sickly and i cant even give birth to too genetic problems If i even tried their life would be more of a curse than a blessing.
My bf doesn't want kids either similar reasons, he just doesn't want to pass on his dads genes.

I also get overwhelmed with really small tasks and am financially unstable atm so its an overall bad idea maybe someday in the future when we're in a better place we can adopt but rn its a "Hell no" from me

I'm fine with just being an aunt to a cute little nephew and niece
(my nephew fucking hates me ;;;;)

Nov 9, 2018 9:50 AM

Nah, I don't care about bloodline. I just hate sex, never gonna do it, plus I don't want to carry a baby in my womb for 9 months and then deal with labor pains. I don't like kids so I won't adopt either. I don't have any plans of getting married in the first place.

29th July → Yuuri & Conrad's Birthday!!!

Nov 9, 2018 9:55 AM

No, I don't like kids and I don't adopt. My lineage must end urgently is serious.

Nov 9, 2018 10:23 AM
Oingo Boingo ~

Jack100HP said:
YaoiMaster said:
But I personally did not want any.
does this imply you already have kids?
No, what I meant is that I did not want kids, but my lover wanting them made me want them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd love to see inside your mind, to tear it all apart;
To cut you open with a knife
And find your sacred heart.
I'd love to take your satin dolls and
Tear them all to shreds.
I'd love to mess your pretty hair;
I'd love to see you dead!
❤️ Mine. ❤️

Nov 9, 2018 11:38 AM

Nope. I can barely look after my Sims kids

Nov 9, 2018 11:41 AM

I use to want kids, but then I realized how much of a financial risk it is for dudes like myself. The last thing I want is to be destroyed by child support and family court.

Nov 9, 2018 12:03 PM
</overrated>

I rather not procreate. Why make more kids when plenty of them are abandoned and end up in shit foster homes. I'll just adopt one.

Nov 9, 2018 12:21 PM

No, because #1 i hate brats #2 they cost a shit ton of money. The negative outweighs the positive, if there even are any positives lol.

Nov 9, 2018 1:20 PM

Definitely yes. I'm an excellent teacher, and I love the free minds of young kids. It'll be a life-changing experiment, if nothing else.

The consequentialists in this thread should get up and do their homework first.

Nov 9, 2018 1:36 PM

Yes, definitely. Children have always had a really special influence on me, it's hard to explain. But I love them a lot.

Nov 10, 2018 2:56 AM

jesteri said:
For the sake of continuing your blood line? Because it's the "norm" of what defines a complete life?
Any preference to gender?
If no, why? too much work?

Personally for me,
blood line lol you should learn some about biology also im atheist so i dont realy care.

But from other side it would be to have some minions that you can legaly force to do things you like, like cleaning up house, cook and such, you can yell and beat them up to release some frustration.. make them work on your plantations.. you can change their personality as you like and they gona love you anyway.. yah kids are fun.. till they are 12 something and start to get cocky and you have to wait till they are 18 before you can throw them out in a kolege.
This world is so small but we still cant find our ways.

Nov 10, 2018 8:16 AM

iiKrina said:
Yes, definitely. Children have always had a really special influence on me, it's hard to explain. But I love them a lot.
You're the third female user who seems to be really positive about it. Two other females seem to only want to have kids because of their partners.

Took my time to make a summary of the answers and I'm quite surprised by the results:

While it doesn't come off as a surprise that there would be more males in favor (and really in favor) or at least neutral of getting children, I expected the respective percentage to be higher.
Modified by Noboru, Nov 10, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 10, 2018 9:11 PM

No, I don't plan on having any. Children are annoying and never know when to be quiet. However I've always thought having a daughter would be kind of nice, a son would be ok I guess. But I'd definitely wouldn't count on it, I'll probably leave my bloodline up to my brothers. I don't even think I'll get married, so I doubt that step will ever come around.

Nov 11, 2018 5:22 AM

Yes

A girl if possible

"A master without an apprentice is a master of nothing." even though the ancient Sith weren't aware of the fact that in modern Japan that equals financial suicide but oh well. Let's see what other people think abou... *OUCH*! The comments are so edgy that I cut my finger just scrolling through them. Oh, it's this topic again, isn't it? Would the reply matter considering that the 18-year-old self and the 28-year-old self would most likely give a different answer and the age of the average user.

Nov 11, 2018 6:54 AM

Nah!!

I barely take care of myself but take care of a kid?No-no,just no!
Forum set by Skittles

Nov 11, 2018 8:06 AM

No. I dont see myself pregnat. And we already lot of people in this world. I reather prefer adopt one or 2 kids if I have the oportunity.

Nov 11, 2018 9:33 AM

I think it would be a privilege to become a father, but it's nothing I think about too much for now. First you must take things in the right order.

Usagi said:
Yes, I plan to have a child soon after my husband and I both start working full-time jobs. I planned to have two in the past, but now I think I would rather have one so we can do more for them financially.

If you have nothing against the idea of having more than one kid other than for financial reasons, I would spend that financial abundance on giving your child a sibling. It's good to have a sibling because they will always have a friend around they can play with and it's a good way to socialize the kid. If your child is an only child s/he will be at risk of ending up being lonely later in life if s/he don't manage to get close friends or an intimate partner. With family around that's always something. Maybe you already have a big close family with siblings and cousins and all, then a single kid wouldn't be so socially vulnerable anyways.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

Nov 11, 2018 10:01 AM

I want to have kids in the future but I don't want to experience child birth and I don't want to adopt because I want my own. DO YOU SEE MY PROBLEM.

Nov 11, 2018 10:07 AM

Nah. I don't think I'd make a very good mother. Too much responsibility.

Nov 11, 2018 11:42 AM

never really thought about it, all i know rn is that i really dont like dealing w them, i get annoyed with them pretty easily

Nov 11, 2018 8:08 PM

Not anytime soon, but it’s not out of the question. I’m asexual, so I really have no interest in sex in the first place, though I’m aware that some asexuals do have sex because they want kids.

I keep bouncing back and force. Most of the time it’s no, but I do often like to think about what I would be like as a parent and I’ve been told I’d make a great dad.

Of seven siblings, I’m the only child that shares my mom’s and dad’s genes, so the pressure to continue the line is kinda annoying, especially since was the only male descendant until very recently.

Nov 11, 2018 8:13 PM
Review Moderator
Summer Break

Nah, I already have enough trouble breeding Pokemon.

Nov 11, 2018 8:18 PM

Yah sure, the more the better. I had too many people in my family and I kinda want that feeling to remain even after I move on. So future wife sama must be ready for a mini clan.

Nov 12, 2018 4:30 PM

In a parallel universe where I actually manage to find a significant other that is truly genuine....no I would not want kids

It would basically eliminate all free time
It would most likely eliminate sex with my significant other
I believe I wouldn't be good enough to be a father
If I had a daughter my stress levels would be to the max, and I would be extremely overprotective

Nov 12, 2018 4:47 PM

Yes, but I wouldn't give up my social life and love life to become a lame soccer mom. I never agreed with abandoning everyone else because of the birth of a child. There needs to be balance

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Modified by ExecCute, Nov 12, 2018 5:03 PM

Nov 12, 2018 4:52 PM

Yes, because the future of humanity depends on it.

i'll see you in hell

Nov 12, 2018 4:57 PM

Y-Shiro said:
Nope. They are a waste of money, time, and lead to you stressing tf out because they don't want to listen to you just because.

Same thought. Waste of resources :)

Nov 12, 2018 11:39 PM

Absolutely not, having kids means you will always be second. To be a seriously good parent you need to be able to constantly sacrifice your needs for the sake of another life. You lose unbelievable amounts of time, money, and energy. I already know I’m a selfish person, I value my happiness over everyone else’s, raising a child sounds like hell to me. There’s no appeal to me, I can’t really get on board with the romanticized, starry-eyed adoring stories of kids as they grow up. Even if there was some small desire within me to have a kid at some point, I wouldn’t want a kid unless I really, really wanted it, because having a kid is a huge commitment, it fundamentally changes the direction and dynamic of your entire life and asks you for ludicrous amounts of sacrifice, so I would never take that decision lightly. Even if I had a romantic partner who wanted one, I would not compromise on that. I know myself, kids are not at all compatible with the type of person I am and the type of life I want to have.

Nov 14, 2018 5:04 AM

My own biological kid? Probably not. I don’t hate kids, I just doubt I would be able to deal with the pregnancy and the birth. To add, I’m far too career driven to be having my own kids. Unless the right person comes by and they persuade me.

Adoption? Most likely. I would love to give a child a home and a future, regardless if I have a partner or not. The person who’s the left the biggest impact on my life was adopted, he was successful and inspired me in so many ways. If he wasn’t adopted, statistically he would have faced financial and psychological challenges which would have hindered him without a family to lean back on. Could the child I adopt have this potential that is waiting to blossom within a loving home? Or could I at least provide them with the childhood every kid deserves?

Nov 14, 2018 3:44 PM

at most I want two kids: 2 boys or 1 boy 1 girl. But I wouldn't mind just 1.

Nov 14, 2018 8:10 PM
I get those moments where I definitely want a kid but it's hormonal and thankfully goes away lol. I'm selfish. If I had to, I could rise to the occasion (like dead relative and raising their kid), but not voluntarily having a kid.

Nov 14, 2018 8:33 PM

YaoiMaster said:
Yes, because my lover wants them. But I personally did not want any.

^ this if i have a partner i love and trust in the first place

Nov 14, 2018 8:35 PM

Yes, coz I love kids and possible youngsters that I can brainwash to enjoy the same hobbies haha

Nov 15, 2018 3:20 PM

Probably not. Kids drain your resources, demands too much time and ruins your career prospects (men gets off way easy in comparison). Also I don't want to get fat or ruin my body by giving birth. With a surrogate, au pair or stay at home husband I might mind it less haha. I'm a dog person.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"

Nov 15, 2018 8:48 PM

I couldn't even fathom getting married and not having kids. I'd really prefer my wife were to be the one to have them but even if not at the very least I'd want to adopt. I don't know why that urge is so strong outside the obvious answer that evolution programmed it into me. But to me passing on your legacy and keeping civilization growing is very important plus nobody wants to die alone and chances are if you have kids you'll never truly die alone.

Nov 16, 2018 1:58 AM

yes. because in order to procreate you must first go through the process of mating or intercourse, allowing the sperm and egg cell to combine into what is known as zygote.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)

Dec 2, 2018 6:15 AM

Yes , because "kids" are somehow the big reason for people to make their life better , and to move on more and more to make world around these kids better than you had .

Dec 2, 2018 4:59 PM

I like children but I don't want to have some. It would be okay to watch over the kids of my friends for a few hours or a day but I get annoyed "easily" so I wouldn't have the right patience for them.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶?
𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

¡ǝɯ ɥʇıʍ ǝɹǝɥ uı ʞɔnʇs ɹnoʎ

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »