Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 29, 2018 1:22 AM
Takamura-sama said:
Why are people still talking about this? Imo this season and last season were the best seasons we had in a while. I enjoyed so much anime.

Do you think anime is declining? Why not and why yes?

Why are people still talking about this?
10 months without animu, and you?

Oct 29, 2018 1:26 AM

no.. it's the people who are watching that are declining in quality.

especially on social media. it draws out the worst in people.

anime will get dragged through the dirt making its mistakes seem like train wrecks so devastating that it's impossible to see how anyone would get enjoyment out of it if all they had was their word for it.

It's actually kind of depressing. People are fucking dumbass brats that take everything for granted, and then turn around and spit on it if it's not in perfect fucking condition.

Oct 29, 2018 5:34 PM

I can give my 2 cents, I wouldn't say it's declining. When it's come to quality, it's debatable. I can't say if anime's quality decline or not. Yes, I'm aware there are shoddy animation in anime when broadcasted on Japanese TV. but this already has happened for a long time. That's because animators in Japan are overworked, under-paid, and it's not helping next generation of animators in Japan. I mean go read these stories:

Japan's NHK Program Discusses Anime Industry's Financial, Working-Condition Problems

Erotic Manga Artist Who Left Company Describes Poor Pay, Rejection

Government Office Cites Overwork in Suicide of A-1 Pictures Staff Member

I mean these behind the scene stories about animators in Japan having to go through with this is not helping or contributing to animation industry in Japan.

Japan's animation has another problem: possible competition from China, and South Korea thanks to their rising animation studio/industry

About China, we often hear a lot about Chinese-Japanese animation co-production like Last Hope aka Juushinki Pandora for example. Now because of these Japan-China animation co-production, we're seeing China being able to make animation that could one day rival or surpass Japanese animation:

Haoliners, Anime, and the Future of Chinese Animation

Chinese anime rising as country’s tech giants engage in cartoon arms race to develop or buy Chinese characters

List of Chinese Anime Airing this 2018

And China won't be alone. South Korean animation (or aeni, or you can called it K-anime) could also one day be able to catch up and probably rival (and if possible, surpass) Japanese animation too thanks to the Hallyu/Korean Wave. When Japan outsourced their animation to South Korea, it kinda helped South Korea on how to perfect 2D animation to the point where they could be able to not only emulate anime but how to make it look better and probably realistic. I mean go have a look at this:

Yes, those video above are animation done by South Korea, and it's possible one day in the future they could rival and surpass Japanese animation. We saw webtoon being able to rival manga on a global scale. So it's possible that Korean animation/aeni/K-anime could one day could rival anime from Japan.

If Japan doesn't add innovation and improve their anime and manga industry, then they will be surpass by South Korea and China and Japanese animation industry could end up like Hong Kong's film industry after HK was given back to Mainland China. That's the biggest worry for me when it comes to Japanese animation.

Oct 30, 2018 7:16 AM

Declining from where? It's not like the anime industry had a revolutionary period or anything. Anime is there like it also used to be there back then. Nothing much changed beside some politics regarding the production of anime and the fans themselves.

Oct 30, 2018 7:23 AM

It's better than ever, and next season is going to adapt Kaguya so it can only go up.

Oct 30, 2018 7:34 AM

What is the criterion for declining exactly? I can tell you it is, someone can tell it's not. We won't be getting anywhere with "how much you like the newer stuff" as the deciding factor.

Oct 30, 2018 7:37 AM

Nah and you're just making this opinion more popular with this thread

Oct 30, 2018 11:10 AM
Grim Anime Fan

Thread to see every time of the day, where I say at this point shortly.

It's doing fine.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]