Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 28, 2018 4:56 AM

Apr 2017
Yes, it has, but I don't think it happened until I saw Re:Zero. Subaru is someone I identify with so strongly that it's almost scary, and I still remember the feeling I got first watching it, the feeling that I'm watching this for a reason. That the people I've met, the things that have happened have been for a reason, that even if I'm weak and pathetic, I'm here for a reason even if I don't know it, even if it doesn't feel like it, and that no matter what, I shouldn't give up because maybe happiness is just around the corner, and because even if it doesn't seem like it, people do need me. In my hardest moments I try to remember those things.
Oct 28, 2018 6:04 AM

Jan 2017
FbK536 said:
silent_knight98 said:
Harem Anime are my guilty pleasures which soothe the urge of making a girlfriend LOL(wtf?). Whenever i feel like that way, i watch harems and it really works for me XD. I've been in relationships two times actually and both were in school. Now i'm in my final year and no GF till now. And i want it to be like that way coz i'm focussing on my career right now and GF will be a pure distraction (realised from past experiences) for me, NOT GENERALISING THOUGH.

I know all this stuff sounds weird but this is how it is.

And how in the world i wrote this shit. Its so embarrasing! I'm gonna regret this XD

I’ma take screenshot of this and will haunt you at every post at every forum you post on so other people would get to know this. And who knows, there might be someone who actually knows you. Get ready. Yeah, you’re gonna regret this.
Sorry that i didnt tell u earlier but i'm an FBI agent. So be careful.....
I can arrest u for making loli threads XD
Oct 28, 2018 6:21 AM
Oct 2017
silent_knight98 said:
FbK536 said:

I’ma take screenshot of this and will haunt you at every post at every forum you post on so other people would get to know this. And who knows, there might be someone who actually knows you. Get ready. Yeah, you’re gonna regret this.

What about that loli Kaneko in Highschool DxD? That anime is listed in your ‘favorites’ as well. FBI, You’ve got a lot to explain about later.
Oct 28, 2018 6:36 AM

Jan 2017
FbK536 said:
silent_knight98 said:

What about that loli Kaneko in Highschool DxD? That anime is listed in your ‘favorites’ as well. FBI, You’ve got a lot to explain about later.
B-But every second anime has loli in it. So this claim doesnt count, right? I'm innocent, right?

Yeah, i'm innocent. U are just so wrong. U cant accuse FBI *laughs like an evil*
Oct 28, 2018 6:54 AM

Sep 2014
Well, i'm gonna talk about those animes with optimist heroes, who seems to like spreading messages like "Never give up!", "Always be determinated in yours dreams!", "Be strong!" and stuffs like that, to make you and the world better..
Well yeah, the messages are well-intentioned but It's a little problem : They are the heroes!
They won't fail (at least, theirs messages), the story ensures they're rights, but the biggest issue, for me, is they are already kinda "special" or incredibly lucky in the beginning.

-Naruto : A "underdog" boy, son of a legend, with one of the most powerfull creature in his world inside him who gives him a huge amount of power. Later, he's the hero of frog-people prophecy, is the descendant of a world-fate big deal, and even his wedding is written way before his born.

-One Piece : A boy with the middle initial of the greatest pirate ever. And those with it have great destiny. Later, he has an very rare powerfull ability and is a prophecy protagonist.

TTGL : They live in a universe where everything cool gives you godlike powers. And the first antagonists don't have this ability.Plus, the main hero finds a powerfull machine, amplifying this universal energy, AND the key in the first ten minutes of the first episode.

-My Hero Academia : A kid wanted to be a super hero but can't because he doesn't have super powers. But in his first act of courage, he become the heir of the power of the greastest super hero of his world.

-Dragon Ball : A warrior-alien kid who become a fighting god (by intense trainings for the most part). Every non-alien heroes (Yamcha, Krilin, Tenshihan,...) are become fans buffoons.

It makes the message inconsistent and dull...

I mean, I can change the face of the real world too if I find a wallet with a big red button who activate every nuclear missiles.
Oct 28, 2018 6:57 AM

Jul 2017
While not physically making me strong, NGE made me be able to stand up for some of my problems.
Oct 28, 2018 7:32 AM
Oct 2018
I have learned to understand people opinions about things and maybe change my wiew about the thing(was my problem years back).
Oct 28, 2018 7:57 AM

Jan 2016
In my early teen ages i was an outsider and had some problems with Mobbing
Whatching anime was a thing that made me happy in these hard times. I also began to draw that made me focus and helped me to forget my problems for at least some time

Hajime no ippo still inspires me when i do my sports training to not give up and do my best
Oct 28, 2018 8:03 AM

Jan 2016
MDLegs said:
Reading Hajime no Ippo really inspired me to train my body more. It's like the manga was yelling at me "get off your ass you lazy bum!" Plus it was really effective since I would always read it on the bus before and after going to the gym.

Same here. This is a great way to get motivated for your Training
Oct 28, 2018 8:04 AM
Dec 2017
Ummm, I’d say SAO saved me from depression, maybe...?
Well, watching anime kinda made me think about how many people suffer unfairly everyday, and yet, I always thought about how my almost perfect life was bad. Then I literally became an extremely happy and outgoing person (not the Sayori and false type, I did actually become a ridiculously cheerful person).
😂
Oct 28, 2018 8:19 AM
Dec 2016
I'm now in a baseball team trying to learn how to play やきゅう..
Oct 28, 2018 9:01 AM
Oct 2017
Balong said:
Well, i'm gonna talk about those animes with optimist heroes, who seems to like spreading messages like "Never give up!", "Always be determinated in yours dreams!", "Be strong!" and stuffs like that, to make you and the world better..
Well yeah, the messages are well-intentioned but It's a little problem : They are the heroes!
They won't fail (at least, theirs messages), the story ensures they're rights, but the biggest issue, for me, is they are already kinda "special" or incredibly lucky in the beginning.

-Naruto : A "underdog" boy, son of a legend, with one of the most powerfull creature in his world inside him who gives him a huge amount of power. Later, he's the hero of frog-people prophecy, is the descendant of a world-fate big deal, and even his wedding is written way before his born.

-One Piece : A boy with the middle initial of the greatest pirate ever. And those with it have great destiny. Later, he has an very rare powerfull ability and is a prophecy protagonist.

TTGL : They live in a universe where everything cool gives you godlike powers. And the first antagonists don't have this ability.Plus, the main hero finds a powerfull machine, amplifying this universal energy, AND the key in the first ten minutes of the first episode.

-My Hero Academia : A kid wanted to be a super hero but can't because he doesn't have super powers. But in his first act of courage, he become the heir of the power of the greastest super hero of his world.

-Dragon Ball : A warrior-alien kid who become a fighting god (by intense trainings for the most part). Every non-alien heroes (Yamcha, Krilin, Tenshihan,...) are become fans buffoons.

It makes the message inconsistent and dull...

I mean, I can change the face of the real world too if I find a wallet with a big red button who activate every nuclear missiles.

I can tell where you are coming from.
Luffy doesn’t have a ‘rare’ ability btw. Everyone has different devil fruits power

Now, look. In naruto and boku no hero, both of them were unkucky, right? But they got lucky later. It looks so cliche if you say it like that, though. Anyways, this just makes you hope that maybe you’ll get lucky as well if you’re unlucky.

One Piece is literally teaching you to make connections and good friends.
Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai told me to fight your atmosphere. There’s been many cases. Sports anime inspire you to exercise. DB teaches you to train. Detective Conan to motivate you to become smart. Pokemon about ‘nakama power’.

But like almost every anime, the mc is at a disadvantage, and he turns the tables. Makes you wanna be like him, aye?
Oct 28, 2018 9:13 AM

Sep 2018
I listen to the first jojo op and I suddenly become a man with bulging muscles that can crush anyone

So yes
Oct 28, 2018 9:16 AM
Oct 2017
juiccbox said:
I listen to the first jojo op and I suddenly become a man with bulging muscles that can crush anyone

So yes

I’ve skipped the opening while watching the jojo’s first two episodes. But when they grew muscles in the anime, the force was strong in me. I will watch the opening to get the full experience.
Oct 28, 2018 9:48 AM
Oct 2017
silent_knight98 said:
FbK536 said:

B-But every second anime has loli in it. So this claim doesnt count, right? I'm innocent, right?

Yeah, i'm innocent. U are just so wrong. U cant accuse FBI *laughs like an evil*

And btw, you didn’t just watch loli, you watched her naked as well didn’t you? You saw her naked. Completely naked and blushing, you pedo! And you have the nerve to keep it as your favorite? You love it so much that you can’t even watch it secretly??!??

*Evil Laugh* FBI Agent Raye Penber, i’ve wrote your name on the Death Note and your fiancé is in my hands.

—-You haven’t watched Death Note? This would’ve been epic if you had. It’s a great reference.

What a waste. Tch.
Oct 28, 2018 10:00 AM

Aug 2018
Definetely... both Naruto and Fairy Tail can teach to a person how to achieve some dream/objective, and never give up or listen to the others while they put you down...
Oct 28, 2018 10:08 AM

Jan 2017
FbK536 said:

And btw, you didn’t just watch loli, you watched her naked as well didn’t you? You saw her naked. Completely naked and blushing, you pedo! And you have the nerve to keep it as your favorite? You love it so much that you can’t even watch it secretly??!??
We should stop here now i guess, coz all the Lolicons will seriously get offended since u are calling loli hater a loli lover, lmao.

FbK536 said:

*Evil Laugh* FBI Agent Raye Penber, i’ve wrote your name on the Death Note and your fiancé is in my hands.

—-You haven’t watched Death Note? This would’ve been epic if you had. It’s a great reference.

What a waste. Tch.
Actually, i dropped Deathnote after episode 17. It was boring and that blondie was annoying as hell.

But i understand this reference, dont worry ;-)
silent_knight98Oct 28, 2018 10:18 AM
Oct 28, 2018 10:31 AM

Sep 2014
FbK536 said:

Luffy doesn’t have a ‘rare’ ability btw. Everyone has different devil fruits power

I talked about the Conqueror's Haki...

FbK536 said:

Now, look. In naruto and boku no hero, both of them were unkucky, right? But they got lucky later. It looks so cliche if you say it like that, though. Anyways, this just makes you hope that maybe you’ll get lucky as well if you’re unlucky.

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai told me to fight your atmosphere. There’s been many cases. Sports anime inspire you to exercise. DB teaches you to train. Detective Conan to motivate you to become smart. Pokemon about ‘nakama power’.

But like almost every anime, the mc is at a disadvantage, and he turns the tables. Makes you wanna be like him, aye?

It's not I don't want to be like them. But when they get lucky, they're for a LONG time! To the point we can see plot armors showings.

They barely have failures, defeats or breakdowns. Sure, they have some obstacles but It's rarely a big deal becausse they're coming back, stronger than before. And they f**** them up.

Plus more they success, more they're annoying and reckleness. I don't know how or why, but in many battle stories, I wish a big bad guy learns them humility.

I know It's fiction, they're not suppose to show reality. But I don't know if to show more hope and satisfaction than real life and how to deal with it, is still a good idea.
Oct 28, 2018 10:43 AM
Oct 2017
Balong said:
FbK536 said:

I talked about the Conqueror's Haki...

FbK536 said:

It's not I don't want to be like them. But when they get lucky, they're for a LONG time! To the point we can see plot armors showings.

They barely have failures, defeats or breakdowns. Sure, they have some obstacles but It's rarely a big deal becausse they're coming back, stronger than before. And they f**** them up.

Plus more they success, more they're annoying and reckleness. I don't know how or why, but in many battle stories, I wish a big bad guy learns them humility.

I know It's fiction, they're not suppose to show reality. But I don't know if to show more hope and satisfaction than real life and how to deal with it, is still a good idea.

Man, what’s all of this? Just tell me if it motivates you or not. Anime’s main role is not always to motivate their readers but to catch attention. I just asked a question cuz this has happened. Goku has been a great object so people can train while looking up to him. There are people who start gym because of Goku. There’s other people who try to act like those cool characters in anime who barely speak much and are show-offy. Sports anime are for you to dedicate yourself to a sport but that’s not the main attention. They creat a story that i’d wanna read. If it doesn’t motivate you, it just doesn’t.
Oct 28, 2018 11:14 AM

Sep 2014
FbK536 said:

Man, what’s all of this? Just tell me if it motivates you or not. Anime’s main role is not always to motivate their readers but to catch attention. I just asked a question cuz this has happened. Goku has been a great object so people can train while looking up to him. There are people who start gym because of Goku. There’s other people who try to act like those cool characters in anime who barely speak much and are show-offy. Sports anime are for you to dedicate yourself to a sport but that’s not the main attention. They creat a story that i’d wanna read. If it doesn’t motivate you, it just doesn’t.

Simple, characters like Goku, Naruto, Luffy or this jerkass of Kamina didn't inspire me. I'm more motivated by something like this..
Oct 28, 2018 11:34 AM
Oct 2017
Balong said:
FbK536 said:

Simple, characters like Goku, Naruto, Luffy or this jerkass of Kamina didn't inspire me. I'm more motivated by something like this..

Back when this guy had talent...

I’ll recommend Hajime no Ippo. I want you to watch it. I think you’d love it. And get some ‘motivation’ out of it if you’re looking for it. Even not, this series is the best.
Oct 28, 2018 12:25 PM

Dec 2016
Mikasa motivated me to try and get abs for like a week until i gave up

i guess a lot of other characters inspire me to be more fit too but nothing ever really comes of it rip
i also get motivated a lot by songs tho so i totally agree with what that person on the first page said about Love Live (start:dash always helps alleviate my real sadboi hours)
Oct 28, 2018 1:26 PM

Nov 2016
Watching JoJo has motivated me to actually get off my ass and go running sometimes. It may not sound like much but I've hated exercising for my whole life and since quitting high school where sports were compulsory, I was worried I would never exercise again. Now I aspire to be at least somewhat muscular (no frickin WAY I'm getting as ripped as Jonathan tho) and fit so I don't fall back into a slump of laziness again.
currently: doing my best!

Oct 28, 2018 1:35 PM

Oct 2013
Majority of shonen titles made me look at the world a little bit positively on emotional scales.
Oct 28, 2018 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Characters from shonen anime, especially JoJo, made me get my ass off the bed to actually do shit and exercise. Even though I forget to do it sometimes.

Also lately I've been trying to be like Jotaro. I don't mean being a straight up asshole; I'm just trying to talk less, have a deeper voice, be a cold insensitive fuck, etc. But there's no way in hell I'll talk back to my parents or beat the fuck out of people like he does lol.
Oct 28, 2018 1:41 PM

May 2016
Anime made me want to get into trouble more often so no it hasn't made me strong

Oct 28, 2018 2:09 PM
Aug 2018
Anime, Manga and especially Kingdom Hearts.
Oct 28, 2018 2:33 PM

May 2016
uhm not rly....
maybe i haven't watched enough shounen to motivate me

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Oct 28, 2018 4:01 PM

Mar 2016
Not exactly, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry made me want to compete for a while, but that was shortlived.
Oct 28, 2018 4:15 PM

Mar 2018
All the dere type quizes I take label me as a kuudere, even though I'm not really downright emotionless. So I kinda tried being more like a typical kuudere character; still couldn't help but laugh or get pissed at times 😂
Silently waiting for WW3 to come and kill everyone while I die smoking weed and drinking coke 🚬👌
Oct 28, 2018 4:36 PM

Feb 2018
yeah animes motivated me to drop all my homework and binge watch 4 series when i have exams the day after
Oct 28, 2018 4:57 PM

Jan 2017
In a way that if I don't adapt to a healthier lifestyle, I won't be able to watch more anime in the future.
Oct 29, 2018 3:37 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah, almost every time I go to the gym I play Gurren Laganns opening (Sorario days). Its hype af
Oct 29, 2018 4:19 AM
Oct 2017
Kled11 said:
Yeah, almost every time I go to the gym I play Gurren Laganns opening (Sorario days). Its hype af

Lol. That’s so nice and refreshing to know. Might as well try One Punch Man’s opening song as well.
Oct 29, 2018 7:56 AM

Mar 2016
honestly im a corny fuck so yeah. anime really influenced me in some ways and motivated me
Oct 29, 2018 8:32 AM
Oct 2017
Magrael said:
honestly im a corny fuck so yeah. anime really influenced me in some ways and motivated me

The people who don’t get motivated by anime should be told to be a corny fuck.
Oct 29, 2018 8:36 AM
A Monster

May 2018
Dragonball Z motivated me to take on martial arts. I spent 10 years in martial arts and it was excellent
"Never Give Up Without A Fight" By Zuko
Oct 29, 2018 8:41 AM
Oct 2017
TanyaTheEvill said:
Dragonball Z motivated me to take on martial arts. I spent 10 years in martial arts and it was excellent

Tell me more about it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Oct 29, 2018 8:44 AM
Jul 2015
Nothing I have seen in anime happens in real life, most anime characters are not good role models.

I see that many "cool" characters are not very friendly towards others, that won't make you more popular.
Oct 29, 2018 9:03 AM
A Monster

May 2018
FbK536 said:
TanyaTheEvill said:

I have always wanted to be a martial artist. When i started watching Dragonball Z it was about the great saiyaman episodes with Gohan. I liked it so much that I began to buy the episodes and went back to beginning where Goku fought Vageta and so on. Well after watching episodes 1-50 or so I decided to join traditional Kenpo. It took me 3 1/2 years just to get my blue belt. When someone gets their blue belt in traditional Kenpo they change their gi from white to black signifying that the person can now defend themselves. I spent several years going after my brown belt and then circumstances caused me to have to take a break. I still look back and consider those being some of the best years of my life.
Oct 29, 2018 9:27 AM
Oct 2017
Alf_Matute said:
Nothing I have seen in anime happens in real life, most anime characters are not good role models.

I see that many "cool" characters are not very friendly towards others, that won't make you more popular.

That’s what actually makes you popular. They’re different than others. Cool characters are also the guys who are badasses and girls die for them, ya’ know? They got that cool hair and that cool attitude just to woo some girls. Yeah...
Oct 29, 2018 9:28 AM
Oct 2017
TanyaTheEvill said:
FbK536 said:

I have always wanted to be a martial artist. When i started watching Dragonball Z it was about the great saiyaman episodes with Gohan. I liked it so much that I began to buy the episodes and went back to beginning where Goku fought Vageta and so on. Well after watching episodes 1-50 or so I decided to join traditional Kenpo. It took me 3 1/2 years just to get my blue belt. When someone gets their blue belt in traditional Kenpo they change their gi from white to black signifying that the person can now defend themselves. I spent several years going after my brown belt and then circumstances caused me to have to take a break. I still look back and consider those being some of the best years of my life.

It’s so nice to see Dragon Ball Z has inspired people but it’s another thing to not keep it in your favorites list. 😑
Oct 29, 2018 9:30 AM
Jul 2015
FbK536 said:
Alf_Matute said:

That’s what actually makes you popular. They’re different than others. Cool characters are also the guys who are badasses and girls die for them, ya’ know? They got that cool hair and that cool attitude just to woo some girls. Yeah...

I see, what character is your role model?
Oct 29, 2018 9:39 AM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
On the contrary, anime actually inspired me to become more closed off and apathetic to things. Due to the fact that my favorite characters are that way.

Guess it just kinda had the opposite effect on me from most.
Oct 29, 2018 9:43 AM
A Monster

May 2018
FbK536 said:
TanyaTheEvill said:

It’s so nice to see Dragon Ball Z has inspired people but it’s another thing to not keep it in your favorites list. 😑

Because I am not a MAL supporter i am only allowed up to 10 favorites :(. Yes it is true that it influenced my life but as far as my favorites i do have a few that i like more then dragonball z.
Oct 29, 2018 9:44 AM
Aug 2018
Balong said:
FbK536 said:

dude seriously you are the man
Rocky balboa rules
If you only face forward, there is something you will miss seeing
Oct 29, 2018 9:48 AM
Oct 2017
Alf_Matute said:
FbK536 said:

I see, what character is your role model?

Lol. This answer’s gonna be strange. I don’t like to keep someone as a role model. Anime has shown me to be yourself. Don’t change. There’s not role models but anime has changed me with characters like Lelouch and Light, Shounen inspired me, anime also brought me closer to romance. But watching all of the anime experience was to not change yourself. Be yourself. ‘Role model’, the persons who i’ve looked up to... there are people. I just don’t wanna admit it. The characters i ‘respect’ is something different.
Oct 29, 2018 9:55 AM
Oct 2015
Yes. Berserk gave me the motivation to get a my first job in order to purchase the manga volumes and also motivated me to have strong mentality and to overcome the sadness and guilt i was facing back then. I also got a brand of sacrifice tattoo some time after and every day i see it it kinda makes me feel a little bit motivated.
Oct 29, 2018 9:56 AM
Oct 2018
No, it just has made me more depressed over the years
Oct 29, 2018 10:06 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
A little bit but not enough to change my entire life or anything.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 17 minutes ago

1 by I_Love_Hate »»
30 seconds ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

29 by juanlqr »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

15 by PostMahouShoujo »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 3 hours ago

13 by Ricchan__ »»
10 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

167 by Coaghim »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.