Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2018 6:45 PM

Jun 2011
Anime haters, like fans, come in all shapes and sizes. Like what's their background, ethnicity, philosophy, status? How they come to hate anime and/or the people who enjoy them? What's your theories?

For me, a lot of the haters are usually upper, privileged classes like yuppie whites. They're the types that would shun anything "foreign" not just anime, but they won't be shy about broadcasting their disgust of it. The same can be said for minorities that try hard to act like them as well (bananas and uncle toms what have you).

Oh yeah, a good chunk of half-Japanese also try really, really hard to hate on anime as a sort of weeb repellant as soon as they say they're part Japanese.
AhegyaoOct 26, 2018 6:49 PM
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 26, 2018 6:49 PM
Aug 2016
also, they're probably the type of people who never watched it ever. though, i could be wrong
Oct 26, 2018 6:49 PM

Apr 2016
I'm just gonna watch this thread's replies.....
SeasideLuaOct 26, 2018 7:19 PM
Oct 26, 2018 6:51 PM

Oct 2018
We all hate anime but most of us don't have the balls to admit it

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Oct 26, 2018 6:52 PM

Sep 2015
from what I've come across, they're usually intelligent, nihilistic and have a wicked sense of humor
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Oct 26, 2018 6:52 PM

Nov 2015
hmm probably smart normal successful people
Fe vældur frænda rogi .. føðesk ulfr i skogi
Oct 26, 2018 6:56 PM

Aug 2017
Anime haters are:

*people that are not in front of a computer.

*gamers.

*SJWs.

*In Latin America, most of the people that only know DBZ (and/or a few more).
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 26, 2018 6:57 PM

Jun 2011
LaLeLuLiLo said:
from what I've come across, they're usually intelligent, nihilistic and have a wicked sense of humor

I notice those too. The type that would argue you to the ground why anime and you liking it makes you a goddamn loser.
Oct 26, 2018 7:00 PM

Aug 2016
They're probably human beings tbh.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 26, 2018 7:00 PM
Mar 2018
It's common with YouTubers (except for the weeb channels, of course) that the anime fandom are a bunch of filthy degenerates. Worse yet I'm in the UK, if they've heard of it and know you're into it you're scum, luckily anime fans aren't very social
Oct 26, 2018 7:02 PM

Apr 2018
Here's a little lesson in... anime-haters?

Oct 26, 2018 7:07 PM

Jun 2015
They're usually teenagers from what I understand. Specifically those who don't show an interest towards animation or film.
Oct 26, 2018 7:10 PM

Jun 2011
AltoRoark said:
They're usually teenagers from what I understand. Specifically those who don't show an interest towards animation or film.

Which is ironic because three decades ago, teens would eat anime all up. What happened?
Oct 26, 2018 7:10 PM

Oct 2014
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Anime. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Japanese culture most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Anime's perverted outlook, which is deftly woven into the type of of Media it is; its overall philosophy draws heavily from basement otaku literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Anime truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Anime's obvious fan service, which itself is a cryptic reference to the fact that not enough Japanese women have big anime titties. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Anime creator's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Madoka tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
Oct 26, 2018 7:11 PM

Dec 2008
I don't remember if I met anyone hates my favorites or hates anime overall and consider them childish stuff. Even if I encountered someone in argument saying maybe "are you 12? why you watch children stuff?" ... Like how am I suppose to explain to some thickheaded individual? And like always I say: the more I grow older, the less and less it matter people's opinions.

and believe me I'm this close to pissing the world off as a hobby, and may take it to professionalism of pissing people off, because people are idiots when it comes to opinion. Yours matter not. Not even in the slightest.
Oct 26, 2018 7:12 PM

Apr 2018
Ahegyao said:
AltoRoark said:

Which is ironic because three decades ago, teens would eat anime all up. What happened?

what happened, you asked? well...

Oct 26, 2018 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
I have a friend who hates anime but I think she only knows about Dragon Ball, which is dumb as fuck.
She's not intelligent, and spends most of her time talking/thinking about sex. She's also really annoying. That's all.
Oct 26, 2018 7:13 PM

Jun 2011
FoeToeMoe said:
Ahegyao said:

what happened, you asked? well...

Which goes back to my earlier theory. Half-Japanese people racking up cool points by insulting weaboos.
Oct 26, 2018 7:14 PM
Jan 2017
Ahegyao said:
Anime haters, like fans, come in all shapes and sizes. Like what's their background, ethnicity, philosophy, status? How they come to hate anime and/or the people who enjoy them? What's your theories?

For me, a lot of the haters are usually upper, privileged classes like yuppie whites. They're the types that would shun anything "foreign" not just anime, but they won't be shy about broadcasting their disgust of it. The same can be said for minorities that try hard to act like them as well (bananas and uncle toms what have you).

Oh yeah, a good chunk of half-Japanese also try really, really hard to hate on anime as a sort of weeb repellant as soon as they say they're part Japanese.
Yet another judgemental fool to base a person's preference on irrelevant reasons besides stereotyping white people. First of all, despite being fans of the medium we must know that a preference for any medium is completely subjective. One can not necessarily tell the character of the person from his perspective on anime. Yes, there will be people who will hate Anime despite watching a tonne of anime because it's simply not their thing. It does not mean that they are assholes or that those who watch Anime are excellent human beings. It simply that they don't like the medium in general and that's it.
Oct 26, 2018 7:16 PM

Jun 2011
Kushal_Ganguly said:
Ahegyao said:

Yet another judgemental fool to base a person's preference on irrelevant reasons besides stereotyping white people. First of all, despite being fans of the medium we must know that a preference for any medium is completely subjective. One can not necessarily tell the character of the person from his perspective on anime. Yes, there will be people who will hate Anime despite watching a tonne of anime because it's simply not their thing. It does not mean that they are assholes or that those who watch Anime are excellent human beings. It simply that they don't like the medium in general and that's it.

I wasn't even implying that I'm intelligent or superior. I just wanted to know the types of people who hate it. Simple. So yeah, don't sound like an uppity relativist straight from Quora and actually read my post.
Oct 26, 2018 7:19 PM

Jan 2010
Please don't generalize people like that, as it leads to unnecessary arguments and fights. Unless the intent is to start an argument or fight, in which case, please don't start arguments or fights trying to alienate or ostracize people in the anime community you perceive to be vitriolic and have tendencies to start unnecessary fights. Unless that's also the intent, in which case, please don't start fights with people that like starting fights.

Thread Locked as per Rule 3 of the Site and Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

26 by Oofmastre9000 »»
2 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by L0bsterman »»
24 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
27 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
29 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.