Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you like loose or use a teabag?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 10, 2019 2:17 AM

Mar 2008
irenic said:
the only flavor of tea i drink is raspberry, and i don't mind what the brand is either.

Is that fruit tea or raspberry leaf tea?
Jun 10, 2019 2:52 AM

Oct 2015
traed said:
irenic said:
the only flavor of tea i drink is raspberry, and i don't mind what the brand is either.

Is that fruit tea or raspberry leaf tea?

oh it's the fruit tea. never tried the leaf tea version.
⠀‧⠀

Jun 10, 2019 2:57 AM

Jun 2016
If we're strictly talking pure tea, loose leaf is the best, no matter the type, though I do have a soft spot for Constant Comment.

But the poll needs and "other" option, because the real answer is Royal Milk Tea.
Jun 10, 2019 7:07 AM

Aug 2016
I drink almost only loose leaf white tea.
Jun 10, 2019 4:52 PM

Jul 2016
Tea bag definitely, never been a fan of the other one
Jun 14, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
Vorpality said:
If we're strictly talking pure tea, loose leaf is the best, no matter the type, though I do have a soft spot for Constant Comment.

But the poll needs and "other" option, because the real answer is Royal Milk Tea.
Done!

RandomFriday said:
I drink almost only loose leaf white tea.
White tea is good!

Optigisa said:
Tea bag definitely, never been a fan of the other one
Loose is better than bagged.
Jun 14, 2019 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
green tea all the way, every way.
sometimes i produce an abomination and put some sugar and milk in it...
let me stay anonymous.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

Then why am I dead?
Jun 14, 2019 3:23 PM

Oct 2017
Peppermint tea.

I usually have black tea though since it's way more accessible.
Jun 14, 2019 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
Favorite goes to Green tea of course, but coming in a close second is Tiguanyin tea.
Aug 7, 2019 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
SuguChan said:
Favorite goes to Green tea of course, but coming in a close second is Tiguanyin tea.

Oooh! Great choices!! Where do you buy your favorite Tiguanyin tea?
Aug 7, 2019 2:26 AM

Oct 2018
My favorite tea is Honestea, my ex hates it though.

Nah a good black tea is all you really need.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Aug 7, 2019 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
Usually oolong or ginseng. pu'er when I can, the mall has a tea shop which sells some so I get it from there. other than that, I don't really have a preference.. if its tea, I drink.
Aug 7, 2019 6:46 AM

Jul 2019
Taiwan's bubble tea and India's chai tea
I would occasionally drink green tea too
Aug 7, 2019 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
gamergirl001 said:

Oooh! Great choices!! Where do you buy your favorite Tiguanyin tea?

There was only one place I use to go to buy it, it was a Taiwanese tea-house called Formosa that sadly no longer exists here. There are however Asian food-stores here so I could probably find it there. Regardless to where I find that tea, I got to get it again!
Aug 7, 2019 8:29 AM

Jul 2019
I really like Sweet and Iced Tea, but my favorite is, Bubble Tea.
Aug 7, 2019 8:35 AM

Oct 2018
I usually drink iced tea, although of the tea I've had, my favorite is probably Sencha.
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Aug 7, 2019 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
When it comes to tea I'm quite fond of earl grey.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 7, 2019 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
Constant Comment spiced tea has always been good, also, just plain tea used for iced tea.
Aug 7, 2019 1:51 PM

Nov 2018
I do not really care if it is in a bag or not.
My favorite tea is linden tea. It is usually yellow, but it can become red if you boil it loose leaf and leave it for 5-10 minutes - this creates more aroma.
I also like chamomile tea (both bags or loose).
I can also drink green and black tea, but I find it quite boring.
I hate any types of fruit-flavored tea.
Aug 7, 2019 2:08 PM

Jun 2019
Most of the teas I've bought over the years are bagged, just because it's easier and less messy than loose. Similar to my feelings on loose tobacco.

As far as flavors, I've probably had hundreds or even thousands of different combos and variations, some more well-known and some obscure, from all types of citrus and tropical fruits, herbal, medicinal, etc. Some I've only bought once or twice because they're very expensive or difficult to find (some have even been discontinued by manufacturers). Love kukicha Japanese twig tea, chocolate peppermint tea, cactus tea, and lemon herbal nighttime recipe tea. Also Madras (Indian) tea and Turkish tea with rock sugar.

Just going based on the more regular and accessible ones I can have practically every day and never get tired of though, I would say my absolute favorites are Twinings Earl Grey extra bold and Scottish Breakfast Tea. The latter is annoyingly hard to find at times. There used to be a British foodstuffs store nearby which closed that always had it, but it's usually not in regular grocery stores. If you also love English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast blends, the Scottish Breakfast blend outclasses them all in its heartiness and super malty flavor profile.
Aug 7, 2019 5:23 PM

Apr 2016
Does arizona tea count? I would list their southern style brewed tea as the best I've ever tried.
Aug 8, 2019 12:47 AM

Mar 2012
Whats-up said:
Does arizona tea count? I would list their southern style brewed tea as the best I've ever tried.
Yes Arizona tea counts lol.

Great teas above everyone!!
Aug 8, 2019 1:38 AM

Sep 2013
i have loose and bagged but prolly have loose more often
new york breakfast and buddhas tears are amaaazing oh my lord
Aug 8, 2019 1:49 AM

Mar 2012
ghostlybreeze said:
i have loose and bagged but prolly have loose more often
new york breakfast and buddhas tears are amaaazing oh my lord

I’m quite fond of a good jasmine tea!!
Aug 8, 2019 1:56 AM
May 2019
My favorite teas are:
-Hibiscus Tea
-Green Tea
-Chai Tea
-Sleepy Tea
-Lemon Tea
-Eucalyptus
-Sweet Violet Tea
-Rosemary Tea
-Peppermint or Mint

Aug 8, 2019 2:01 AM

Mar 2012
Xstasy said:
My favorite teas are:
-Hibiscus Tea
-Green Tea
-Chai Tea
-Sleepy Tea
-Lemon Tea
-Eucalyptus
-Sweet Violet Tea
-Rosemary Tea
-Peppermint or Mint

Paromi has a great sleepy tea which I absolutely love!

Aug 9, 2019 3:58 AM

Feb 2018
I'm a tea fanatic.My favorites are green tea, jasmine tea, chamomile and wild berry mix!

Aug 9, 2019 7:09 AM

Jul 2013
Iced tea

.......................tea is shit

Aug 9, 2019 8:09 AM

Oct 2012
I love:
green tea
chai tea
lemon tea
and this super amazing strawberry tea that I got for christmas last year.

And I only use teabags, the loose leaf ones are hard to find where I live.
Then why are we laughing?

Then why am I dead?
Aug 9, 2019 11:27 AM
Aug 9, 2019 11:38 AM

Aug 2017
Peppermint Tea. So refreshing and the taste is just perfect.
Aug 9, 2019 11:41 AM

Feb 2016
You can't beat a nice cup of traditional English breakfast tea with lots of milk and sugar (yeah I'm one of those). Yorkshire Gold is the best supermarket brand but Tregothnan makes the king of cuppas. Incredibly rich in flavour and the first to be grown right here in the UK.
--- + ---
"Random quotes in signatures are like friends. Everyone seems to have them, except me."
Sun Tzu, probably

Aug 9, 2019 3:05 PM

Mar 2012
ManicMayo said:
You can't beat a nice cup of traditional English breakfast tea with lots of milk and sugar (yeah I'm one of those). Yorkshire Gold is the best supermarket brand but Tregothnan makes the king of cuppas. Incredibly rich in flavour and the first to be grown right here in the UK.
I bought a pack of Yorkshire Gold at a tea festival. It’s good with sugar. Though I use rock sugar.
Aug 9, 2019 9:27 PM

Oct 2012
I think I posted about some oolong a while back. That's still true. But variety is the spice of life. Since then, some stand outs were

• a rooibos mix
  • genmai (popcorn) tea -- low end stuff but still good
  • matcha
  • butterfly pea

While I do like chai mixes, they're usually served with milk or creamer so I can't really consider that a pure "tea". Without milk, it tastes like a somewhat complicated black tea, but not nearly as good.

I've also had the opportunity to harvest a number of herbs growing in the backyard, and it's been interesting to have a taste test.

• lemongrass -- slight hints of lemon and ginger, very relaxing
  • rosemary -- barely perceptible, sweeter than what it smells like fresh, which is piney and camphorous; might have just been my mood, but I felt a small rush drinking this
  • dittany of Crete -- light floral, oregano-like taste, but less spicy, more sweet and mellow, very relaxing as well
  • anise hyssop flowers -- light anise flavor, kind of a single note, but not too strong and offputting, made me kind of drowsy for some reason
  • peppermint -- minty, of course, but kind of a weird aftertaste, strong attack with a lingering note that could best be described as sweet, but not really
  • 'Ajaka' basil flowers -- this is probably my favorite out of the bunch, the first thing that hits you is an unmistakable basil taste, a bit strong, but it develops into a complex spicy flavor that sustains for quite a while, probably longer than the peppermint; brewing too long makes it a little bitter; a good black tea replacement when you don't need any caffeine

All were brewed with just boiling water (not fully boiled), steeped for 5-10 minutes.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 10, 2019 1:15 AM

Mar 2012
katsucats said:
I think I posted about some oolong a while back. That's still true. But variety is the spice of life. Since then, some stand outs were

• a rooibos mix
  • genmai (popcorn) tea -- low end stuff but still good
  • matcha
  • butterfly pea

While I do like chai mixes, they're usually served with milk or creamer so I can't really consider that a pure "tea". Without milk, it tastes like a somewhat complicated black tea, but not nearly as good.

I've also had the opportunity to harvest a number of herbs growing in the backyard, and it's been interesting to have a taste test.

• lemongrass -- slight hints of lemon and ginger, very relaxing
  • rosemary -- barely perceptible, sweeter than what it smells like fresh, which is piney and camphorous; might have just been my mood, but I felt a small rush drinking this
  • dittany of Crete -- light floral, oregano-like taste, but less spicy, more sweet and mellow, very relaxing as well
  • anise hyssop flowers -- light anise flavor, kind of a single note, but not too strong and offputting, made me kind of drowsy for some reason
  • peppermint -- minty, of course, but kind of a weird aftertaste, strong attack with a lingering note that could best be described as sweet, but not really
  • 'Ajaka' basil flowers -- this is probably my favorite out of the bunch, the first thing that hits you is an unmistakable basil taste, a bit strong, but it develops into a complex spicy flavor that sustains for quite a while, probably longer than the peppermint; brewing too long makes it a little bitter; a good black tea replacement when you don't need any caffeine

All were brewed with just boiling water (not fully boiled), steeped for 5-10 minutes.

I love that you have a list!
That anise hyssop flower would be good as a night tea!

I have rosemary growing in my backyard. I may try it!
How many sprigs/amount do you use?
Aug 10, 2019 1:26 AM

Oct 2012
gamergirl001 said:
I have rosemary growing in my backyard. I may try it!
How many sprigs/amount do you use?
Just whatever that fits into a tablespoon or two's worth. That's how much loose leaf tea I usually use.

Rosemary seems to keep its flavor well dried. I put a plate of it in the microwave and then pluck off all the needles and store them into little glass mason jars. It should be similar fresh.

Just tried rosemary 'Chef's Choice' tea again. On the front of the palate, it tastes like water, maybe a bit of a nutty note. But underneath that, the unmistakable piney, resinous, camphorous fragrance that rosemary is known for can definitely be tasted. It reminds me of a very light green/white tea with a very nutty undertone. On first sip, it doesn't taste like anything, but it comes out when you swish it around in the mouth. It does seem to wake me up a bit, but in a weird way, like the light outside my window seems more immediate, and I find myself more focused on the text appearing on the screen as I type this instead of the next word I should type. Not sure if it's just placebo or what.
katsucatsAug 10, 2019 1:37 PM
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 10, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2012

I'll try that out sometime! Ever had these iced or just hot?
Aug 10, 2019 1:38 PM

Oct 2012
gamergirl001 said:
I updated my last post. I usually drink tea hot. I like iced tea, but don't have the patience or foresight to chill it.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 10, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2012
katsucats said:
gamergirl001 said:
I updated my last post. I usually drink tea hot. I like iced tea, but don't have the patience or foresight to chill it.

Gotcha! Maybe use more rosemary or try it w/fresh? You brew western style right? If you want a stronger tea use more rosemary. Not time.

You can cold brew it in the fridge overnight.
Aug 10, 2019 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
gamergirl001 said:
katsucats said:

Gotcha! Maybe use more rosemary or try it w/fresh? You brew western style right? If you want a stronger tea use more rosemary. Not time.

Sure, I'll try using more leaves, and the cold brew. It's usually a bit expensive using tons of leaves per cup, and I don't really care about the subtle variations from one cup to the next. But in this case, I have 3 bushes so I doubt I will ever run out.

By the way, I'm getting like a very mild cannabis sativa effect from this (the head rush) if you know what I mean. It's the same kind of thing where I'm staring out the window and I'm just lost in the artistic experience of it, but at the same time I find it hard to focus on logical things like finishing a post or writing code.

Considering this is the second time this happened, I'm not sure if this is placebo. Please let me know if you get any kind of a mood effect with this.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 10, 2019 2:36 PM

Mar 2012
katsucats said:
gamergirl001 said:

Sure, I'll try using more leaves, and the cold brew. It's usually a bit expensive using tons of leaves per cup, and I don't really care about the subtle variations from one cup to the next. But in this case, I have 3 bushes so I doubt I will ever run out.

By the way, I'm getting like a very mild cannabis sativa effect from this (the head rush) if you know what I mean. It's the same kind of thing where I'm staring out the window and I'm just lost in the artistic experience of it, but at the same time I find it hard to focus on logical things like finishing a post or writing code.

Considering this is the second time this happened, I'm not sure if this is placebo. Please let me know if you get any kind of a mood effect with this.

Not sure what you mean by the head rush. Try researching on it. Are you using tap or filtered water? Maybe its the water? I always use filtered water then heat it up to whatever degree.

I'm going to try this out next week! Gotta get all my caffeine intake out. Makes it more
Aug 10, 2019 4:17 PM

Oct 2012
gamergirl001 said:
Not sure what you mean by the head rush. Try researching on it. Are you using tap or filtered water? Maybe its the water? I always use filtered water then heat it up to whatever degree.

I'm going to try this out next week! Gotta get all my caffeine intake out. Makes it more
Nope, it's not the water, that doesn't make any sense. I tried using 3 fresh sprigs steeped for 3 minutes. Not sure if it's the resin or the stems in the fresh rosemary or what, but it develops a bitter, astringent taste (like tea). Aside from that, there's a minty taste, but it doesn't really add any of the flavor I wanted. From what I read online, dried rosemary is more concentrated.

As for the effect, the best explanation I can come up with is that rosemary contains eucaplyptol and camphor oils, which give it its taste, but are also mild stimulants, and have been shown in studies to have an effect on concentration and feelings of reduced anxiety, warmth, and change in alertness. At low doses. At high doses, it causes seizures. So I wouldn't necessarily drink a pitcher of this daily.

I'm guessing you've never smoked any weed or anything, because using too many leaves felt like eating 1/4 of a gummy. And according to one report I found by a druggie that tried smoking it for whatever reason, he said, "It's like drinking 3 beers."

Luckily, I haven't had a seizure yet. Webmd says it's safe if you stick to the 1 dried tsp per cup recommendation and another site said to stick to 1-2 cups. With that said, I'm pretty sure my mug is 1.5 cups, and I drank 2 of them, and put way more than 1 tsp, and I'm still alive... so far. lol
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 10, 2019 4:27 PM

Oct 2014
I prefer loose tea. Bagged teas are too bitter for me I don't like the aftertaste.
99% of the time I drink black tea but I'm in the process of quitting black tea and switching to sage tea only.
Aug 10, 2019 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
katsucats said:
gamergirl001 said:

Nope, it's not the water, that doesn't make any sense. I tried using 3 fresh sprigs steeped for 3 minutes. Not sure if it's the resin or the stems in the fresh rosemary or what, but it develops a bitter, astringent taste (like tea). Aside from that, there's a minty taste, but it doesn't really add any of the flavor I wanted. From what I read online, dried rosemary is more concentrated.

As for the effect, the best explanation I can come up with is that rosemary contains eucaplyptol and camphor oils, which give it its taste, but are also mild stimulants, and have been shown in studies to have an effect on concentration and feelings of reduced anxiety, warmth, and change in alertness. At low doses. At high doses, it causes seizures. So I wouldn't necessarily drink a pitcher of this daily.

I'm guessing you've never smoked any weed or anything, because using too many leaves felt like eating 1/4 of a gummy. And according to one report I found by a druggie that tried smoking it for whatever reason, he said, "It's like drinking 3 beers."

Luckily, I haven't had a seizure yet. Webmd says it's safe if you stick to the 1 dried tsp per cup recommendation and another site said to stick to 1-2 cups. With that said, I'm pretty sure my mug is 1.5 cups, and I drank 2 of them, and put way more than 1 tsp, and I'm still alive... so far. lol

I'll see on another site & see what they come up with.

Aug 12, 2019 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Sweet said:
i don't care about anything else as long as it's GREEN TEA.

Couldn't agree more! Matcha or Sencha, Green Tea is the best.
Aug 12, 2019 6:26 PM

Mar 2012
Pokkan said:
Sweet said:
i don't care about anything else as long as it's GREEN TEA.

Couldn't agree more! Matcha or Sencha, Green Tea is the best.
A good gyokuro too!

I forgot the Japanese name for it but ice brewing is perfect for Japanese green teas.

Ice brewing is where you put tea in a cup and fill it with ice until the ice melts!
So easy!
Mar 11, 2020 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
@anixt4n i made a thread...... enjoy lol.
Mar 11, 2020 9:48 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
@gamergirl001 truly a tea sensei xD tyty

𝒫𝑜𝓅 𝒶 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓂𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒𝒹
𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓇𝒾𝒹𝑒
𝒫𝓊𝓇𝒾𝒻𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Mar 12, 2020 12:31 AM

Oct 2012
gamergirl001 said:
The best herbal tea I've now tried up to date is the Nashia inaguensis (e.g. Pineapple Verbena, Moujean Tea, Bahama Berry) native to Inagua Island in the Bahamas. It has a delicate but complex floral taste that easily beats the more well known Aglaia odorata (e.g. Chinese rice flower) and Osmanthus fragrans (e.g. Osmanthus). It doesn't have the astringency that comes from Jasmine either. The only problem is I'm not sure where you can obtain this so you'll probably have to grow it yourself. The plant itself isn't that rare in online nurseries, but it needs particular care (it can't dry out) and yield isn't amazing; as such, I've never seen the dried tea offered anywhere.

I'm also going to try to get my hands on some coca plants (the ones they make cocaine out of). My cousin tried tea from its leaves and said it was amazing, and the effect from unprocessed leaves isn't supposed to be more than coffee.

Among Chinese tea, I'm partial to a Longjing (Dragonwell) with Rose mix, and Lapsang Pouchong, which smells as smokey as a seedy bar, definitely an acquired taste. I've probably tried a dozen random herbal teas (I've bought and now grow 50+ herbs in my backyard), and I've been to tea tastings at a local tea room, and I have to say, out of everything, it's still pineapple verbena on my mind... (besides fruit teas, but sugar is cheating).

Not a fan of Japanese green teas. Too easy to get wrong with the high tannin content. You could steep it a little long or with water a little too hot and it turns into an astringent mess. I've always felt that Chinese teas, even green teas, are more forgiving, and certainly most herbal teas. Now that I've had some herbal teas that rival real teas, the only problem is it's hard to get a regular supply of them.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 12, 2020 12:53 AM

Mar 2012
katsucats said:
gamergirl001 said:
The best herbal tea I've now tried up to date is the Nashia inaguensis (e.g. Pineapple Verbena, Moujean Tea, Bahama Berry) native to Inagua Island in the Bahamas. It has a delicate but complex floral taste that easily beats the more well known Aglaia odorata (e.g. Chinese rice flower) and Osmanthus fragrans (e.g. Osmanthus). It doesn't have the astringency that comes from Jasmine either. The only problem is I'm not sure where you can obtain this so you'll probably have to grow it yourself. The plant itself isn't that rare in online nurseries, but it needs particular care (it can't dry out) and yield isn't amazing; as such, I've never seen the dried tea offered anywhere.

I'm also going to try to get my hands on some coca plants (the ones they make cocaine out of). My cousin tried tea from its leaves and said it was amazing, and the effect from unprocessed leaves isn't supposed to be more than coffee.

Among Chinese tea, I'm partial to a Longjing (Dragonwell) with Rose mix, and Lapsang Pouchong, which smells as smokey as a seedy bar, definitely an acquired taste. I've probably tried a dozen random herbal teas (I've bought and now grow 50+ herbs in my backyard), and I've been to tea tastings at a local tea room, and I have to say, out of everything, it's still pineapple verbena on my mind... (besides fruit teas, but sugar is cheating).

Not a fan of Japanese green teas. Too easy to get wrong with the high tannin content. You could steep it a little long or with water a little too hot and it turns into an astringent mess. I've always felt that Chinese teas, even green teas, are more forgiving, and certainly most herbal teas. Now that I've had some herbal teas that rival real teas, the only problem is it's hard to get a regular supply of them.
Mabe you can email a company and see where they get it? That herbal & dragonwell with rose sounds good. Making coke on the side? :p

You shoul try cold brewing Japanese tea instead of hot. Only takes 3 hours too.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

31 by Kooh »»
2 minutes ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

10 by Sad »»
4 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

13 by xthewarwithinx »»
5 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

10 by Sad »»
6 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 9 hours ago

24 by xthewarwithinx »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.