Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 26, 2018 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Touko is showing more and more of her emotions with each episode.
This was actually a rather intense episode from both characters' perspectives

There's also some clever camera shot angles this episode that I found to be kinda interesting. It leaves more to the imagination of course. Still really curious how far the show will develop their relationship with all the teases.
Oct 26, 2018 7:16 AM
Jan 2018
subs for this series are unfortunately prone to be filled with translation errors, and not always minor ones....just saying as some lines in the past few episodes didn't make much sense
Oct 26, 2018 7:26 AM

Feb 2010
Not so many close-up-shot of eye this episode...

those foreshadow...the anime make it too obvious...

YangbojianNov 2, 2018 6:36 AM
Oct 26, 2018 8:18 AM
May 2018
This show just keeps on blowing my mind. Definitely one of the best of this season.
Oct 26, 2018 9:54 AM
Mar 2018
Wait, am I seeing things? Guy saw girls kissing and didn't take advantage of this opportunity to blackmail them or some other shit they usually do in anime? xD Mind-blowing
Oct 26, 2018 10:06 AM

Oct 2018
chomu_suke said:
This show just keeps on blowing my mind. Definitely one of the best of this season.

Yes, this show just keeps delivering. I wish it'd never end!

SNDT said:
Wait, am I seeing things? Guy saw girls kissing and didn't take advantage of this opportunity to blackmail them or some other shit they usually do in anime? xD Mind-blowing

Very true ^^ I guess it is a mark of a high quality yuri when there are actual normal guys having a part in the story, and not every girl in school is a lesbian.
Oct 26, 2018 10:07 AM

Dec 2015
This was okay. A bit too much on the boring side, but still not bad.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 26, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2017
Nice build-up until the first half. So intense... no background music, just the voice actors doing their job. And the directing too. Kotobuki (Touko's VA) sounds really really fresh in this anime, I've come to realize now. I'm really grateful for this adaptation lol
Oct 26, 2018 11:05 AM

Jul 2017
Surprisingly intense. Another good episode from this show.
Oct 26, 2018 11:13 AM

Oct 2016
steady pacing. good adaptation.
and yes, the dude didnt blackmail. since 95% would do it in generic shojo/drama especially if its controversial. his side of the story isnt too short or either too elaborate. it fits with the 13-episode long.

ah. the theater. hopefully the bgm would be of higher quality. it needs to be a masterpiece whole and whole.

and Yuu. i wont say she's bloom yet. just a tiny bud for now.
Oct 26, 2018 12:28 PM
Sep 2018
This was so good, Troyca are really going all in on this adaptation.
Oct 26, 2018 1:21 PM

Mar 2017
That Maki guy looked so twisted at first. I still find him creepy for some reason. Don't know if he's intentions are impure and if he's going to burst their secret or do anything twisted. Or he could be a good guy too.
I see some similarities between Koito and him (their point of view on relationship).

Is Koito going to realise her feelings like Maki said? I wonder.
Oct 26, 2018 1:54 PM

Feb 2016
See guys? be like Maki, he is a good guy.

I expected this to be cliché but things didn't turn that way, which I'm really relieved. I'm really liking where this series is going!

5/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 26, 2018 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
Maki is either just a man of culture or a nosey voyeur with a very weird fetish.
Oct 26, 2018 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
It was a really interesting episode, I really enjoyed the developments. This said, i'll be very honest, part of it sort of felt rushed.

Touko keeps being very straightforward about her feelings, and clings into Yuu more each episode. Also, Yuu kinda seems to have discovered she might be feeling something too. Although, I'd say that is a lot due to how Maki was upfront and direct with her.

Waiting for further developments.

ps: Maki is creepy...
Oct 26, 2018 2:46 PM
Mar 2015
Fascinating Yuu can receive love but not feel it. Maki can only watch love
Oct 26, 2018 3:20 PM

Sep 2009
Minar-kyun said:
That Maki guy looked so twisted at first. I still find him creepy for some reason. Don't know if he's intentions are impure and if he's going to burst their secret or do anything twisted. Or he could be a good guy too.
I see some similarities between Koito and him (their point of view on relationship).

Is Koito going to realise her feelings like Maki said? I wonder.

Nah, his motivation was explained clerl;y in this episode. He simply like to watch other peoples' romance. And we more forbidden it is — the better, so it is not his aim to break it. He wants to know how itr ends.
Oct 26, 2018 3:37 PM

Nov 2017

badum tss

Absolutely loving this anime

plz @ me
Oct 26, 2018 4:57 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Loving the pace, with the slow but steady buildup. I was totally grinning during the Koito-Nanami post student council scene. The kiss was great and I loved the shots.

Hmm, I thought Maki was a good kid but it turns out he's a actually an observer. Basically a little more quiet and pacifist version of Izaya. XD
If he pulls stuff to put Nanami and Koito into interesting situation I might even end up liking him. xD
As long as he doesn't hinder the relationship development I guess.

Loved the final scene where Maki basically made in sink in to Koito that she's probably developing feelings for Nanami.
Oct 26, 2018 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
The eyes in this series scare me. Other than that: this story feels real.
Oct 26, 2018 5:34 PM

Mar 2016
This shit feels so damm real. Glad I didn't skip the series. It was a close one.
As for this episode, I can relate to Maki. Sometimes, when you are a spectator for so many relations for a long period of time, all you want to do is seeing thing develop. Yes, my life sucks. I know. I like to read other people. I would most likely try to connect the dots between the female trio before facing Yuu but whatever.
Oct 26, 2018 6:26 PM

Mar 2016
Nanami asked for permission to kiss. That almost never happens in any romance story at all. I love that scene. Those girls are so sweet!!

Maki is a cute guy, and he's quite nice. He has a creepy side, but I hope it doesn't create too much of a problem. Still, I am surprised there is a nice guy at all in a shoujo ai anime.

I feel like Maki might either be gay or asexual, but doesn't know yet. It's not impossible for a shoujo ai to have a gay boy, right? 'Umibe no Etranger' had a lesbian couple, even though it was a shounen ai.
Oct 26, 2018 9:21 PM

Sep 2017
There's just something special about this series. I really connect with it.

I'm glad the thing with Maki turned out how it did. That could have turned into some typical melodrama crap. But Maki seems like a decent guy.
Oct 26, 2018 9:25 PM
Mar 2017
Undoubtedly, this was a wonderful episode, Touko begins to open more her feelings towards Yuu, on the other hand Yuu still does not seem to feel the same as Touko, but she does accept the feelings of her senpai.
The close moments between Yuu and Touko were really well done, like when Touko goes to the classroom to find Yuu and they walk down the hall and the intimate moment between them was well executed, a very beautiful and very well armed scene, the music, the details in the face of both girls, the dialogues, the colors and lighting, all this achieved one of the most beautiful moments of this anime, until now.
I love that Yuu was obstinate in accepting to do the play. Maki managed to get some information, apparently Sayaka does not like the closeness of Touko towards Yuu, our Sayaka is jealous.
Touko's obsession with the play attracts my curiosity, will it have something to do with her past?
The scene in which Maki tells Yuu that he knows about the relationship she has with Touko was very good, the despair in Yuu eye´s was anguishing, besides she always thought about the reputation of her senpai over her own.
Maki does not seem suspicious to me, for what he talked about himself, I think I can trust him, besides he likes yuri, so he is a man of culture.
The face Maki puts on when Touko begs Yuu to participate in the play, represents me totally when I see this anime.
I hope next episode, they show more about why Touko wants to do the play, i have curiosity about her true intention.
Oct 26, 2018 10:21 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, that kiss scene. Spicy episode.

I still dont trust that Maki dude, based on past experiences with other anime, but let's just hope he stays true to his word. Regardless, he's a weird guy.
Oct 26, 2018 10:35 PM
Sep 2018
shiro_kai said:
Maki is either just a man of culture or a nosey voyeur with a very weird fetish.
Aren't those the same thing.
Oct 26, 2018 10:38 PM
Sep 2018
FuMomo-kun said:
Nanami asked for permission to kiss. That almost never happens in any romance story at all. I love that scene. Those girls are so sweet!!

Maki is a cute guy, and he's quite nice. He has a creepy side, but I hope it doesn't create too much of a problem. Still, I am surprised there is a nice guy at all in a shoujo ai anime.

I feel like Maki might either be gay or asexual, but doesn't know yet. It's not impossible for a shoujo ai to have a gay boy, right? 'Umibe no Etranger' had a lesbian couple, even though it was a shounen ai.
He seemed to actively dislike the thought of being in a relationship, so aromantic is more likely.
Oct 26, 2018 11:21 PM

Apr 2012
I don't trust Maki he likes to watch love stories and the best love stories have drama and controversy. He will interfere in some way to make it more interesting, he already made hints to Saeki.
Oct 26, 2018 11:31 PM

Nov 2010
That 'spectator' surely influences more than he bargained for. I would argue that his spectating of himself is pretty weak. :)
Oct 26, 2018 11:35 PM

Nov 2009
Adviel said:
I don't trust Maki he likes to watch love stories and the best love stories have drama and controversy. He will interfere in some way to make it more interesting, he already made hints to Saeki.

On, Saeki, I think it more like he was researching for more information on his new favorite show.
Oct 27, 2018 2:06 AM

Jun 2014
I need someone to restrain me before I start reading the manga. This is so good that I want to conserve my view as an anime only viewer.

5/5
Oct 27, 2018 4:40 AM

Apr 2012
DumpsterKing said:
shiro_kai said:
Aren't those the same thing.

If you look from a certain way, then we are all here voyeurs with a strange fetish... Damn, what if it is very subtle "take that" towards male yuri fans? :D
RobertBobertOct 27, 2018 4:44 AM
Oct 27, 2018 7:06 AM

Apr 2012
Lol, Maki is really a kind of embodiment of the shipers community. At first I doubted, but when his monologue reached the desire not to go beyond the scope of observation, it became almost obvious. At some point, he even began to give Yuu herself interpretations of her feelings.

But now I wonder why the author needed it.

RobertBobertOct 27, 2018 7:21 AM
Oct 27, 2018 7:24 AM

Aug 2010
I like the role they are giving Maki. I wonder if observing is all he's going to be doing though.

Another thing that this show does really well to add to the realism is that not every character is a lesbian. That really makes it harder to get into atleast for me because it's hard to enjoy a story that feels so fake.

Another great episode, they seem to go by so fast.
5/5

Oct 27, 2018 7:55 AM
Jan 2018
Maki is us watching Yuri but up close ,
Oct 27, 2018 7:59 AM

Aug 2017
I hope that Maki don't blackmail Yuu and Touko's relationship in the future.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 27, 2018 11:37 AM
Apr 2018
SNDT said:
ikr finally some guy with some decency
Oct 27, 2018 12:32 PM

Apr 2015
Fellas...this is Citrus with extra steps. This is softer-then-softcore Citrus. If you told the Disney Channel to produce their own version of Citrus, this is what they would come up with.

This isn't in any way a diss against the show. It's good. I just don't know how people can spit in the direction of Citrus and talk about how much better this is, unless things significantly change in the future. So far, Yuu and Touko's relationship consists of dubiously consensual, secret kisses and the risks/worries of someone else seeing them, which is exactly how Citrus started (maybe with a bit more groping).
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 27, 2018 2:00 PM

Oct 2018
CatSoul said:
...(maybe with a bit more groping).

Aren't you actually accurately indicating an important part of the difference between this and Citrus, though? Citrus was mostly rape and fan service, while this let's the characters' relationship build up at a more realistic pace.

Personally, if I'd have to mention a show that is similar to this one, I'd say Aoi Hana.
Oct 27, 2018 3:13 PM

Dec 2015
I hadn't even given Seiji Maki a single thought before this episode, now he's probably the most interesting character imo
Oct 27, 2018 6:26 PM
Jun 2017
Breaking news: MAKI CAUGHT NANAMI (senpai) and Koito kissing each other...

Exclusive: koito confirmed the kiss with Nanami (senpai) as per interview by Maki...

Hahaha... no secret can be hide.. hahaha

LOVE THIS EPISODE, and well i can relate to Maki on this one especpially on love side as i am personally love watching and observing the love story of others (such as my friends, family etc).. hahaha
Oct 27, 2018 8:20 PM

Oct 2015
A confirmed asexual character in an anime?! And it came from previously-irrelevant side-character Maki, no less. This show continues to be very impressive.
Oct 27, 2018 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I must say that Maki's personality is rather intriguing. Fortunately, he doesn't seem like a bad guy so I'll believe in his words. However, I think that his reasons are something I've never heard before I mean, he's not interested in being loved because he doesn't consider himself as a decent "protagonist" but instead, he's more interested in seeing, as a bystander, how love develops between other people. It's... odd but very interesting at the same time, to be honest.

Oh, and also props to him for helping Yuu realized that she might be feeling something for her senpai. Considering his role as a bystander, I don't think he'll interfere directly in their relationship but if his work is to give some advices or his point of view, it would be really nice.

Regarding the episode, it was another great one. I really liked it and the interactions between Yuu and Touka were nice as well, again. Touko really loves her and the way she acted when they were alone was really sweet. And although Yuu doesn't feel anything yet, it's nice to know she doesn't turn down Touko's advances because she's both curious and jealous about Touko's adoration towards her. Overall, I really enjoy watching the chemistry they share.

Looking forward to the next episode.

P.S. 1: I wonder what was happening to Yuu's friend, Kanou... she was kind of nervous when Yuu wanted to read what she was writing...

P.S. 2: And it also seems that Sayaka's jealousy isn't over yet. I won't say it's love what she feels for Touko but I think she's just upset about the amount of attention that Yuu is receiving I mean, until a few weeks ago, she was the closest person to Touko. I'm kinda curious to know whether she will do something or not about this situation.
Oct 28, 2018 12:29 AM

Jan 2012
This is still very cute...

So far, it's giving off a happy and relaxing vibe...
Oct 28, 2018 12:31 AM

Apr 2017
As each episode comes out it seems like this anime is only getting better and better. The pacing is a little slow but steady, with every episode taking it a small step forward when it comes to their emotions, especially in this one.
I have a small feeling that Maki has kind of cleared Yuu's vision about her current relationship with Touko and will now begin to question if there are some deeply hidden feelings she has yet to find in herself.
Oct 28, 2018 1:12 AM
Apr 2017
Ya, this is what I looking for in a yuri show lol.
And I think it's too soon to assume the guy wouldn't blackmail them, I am waiting for the KUZU part
Oct 28, 2018 1:32 AM

Feb 2014
Maki seems to be a slight rarity in anime in general. Even though he did stumble on Yuu and Nanami kissing, he has zero interest of blackmailing them and is just keen to watch their relationship grow as a bystander. He's not interested in dating someone himself, which I hope he reconsiders in the future, but I'm glad that he'll keep Yuu and Nanami's relationship a secret. =)

Because of how much he's seen relationships unfolded over the years, his choice of words to Yuu about her feelings to Nanami were spot on, so I hope it helps Yuu to finding her reason to fall in love with Nanami soon.

And, of course, if I was part of their student council, I would be in full support of Nanami's plan for their council to perform a stage show at the cultural festival. It does sound like a pretty fun idea. ^_^

Overall, this has been my favourite episode so far. The pacing remains steady and the character development has been intriguing and enjoyable so far. It's all just great! =3
Oct 28, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
I'm not sure if Maki is actually gaining sexual pleasure from his habits as a bystander, but I wanted always to see a voyeur in this kind of plots. So that's a cool addition.

Episode was pretty good again, especially that kiss, intense stuff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 28, 2018 11:57 AM

Mar 2018
TROYCA is rather known for their Mecca shows (Aldnoah.Zero & Re;Creators)...
But damn are they putting a lot of effort in this anime. I love it!

It's really nice to see a (one-sided) relationship detailed as this.
From bud to blossom to bloom.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Oct 28, 2018 12:18 PM
Aug 2014
Is the extremely slow pace and focus away from the relationship supposed to build tension? I don't have the attention span for that.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

111 by Kimsowon2000 »»
Jan 1, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.