Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2018 12:50 AM

May 2012
Welp just finished the manga after putting it of for like 4 years i remember i followed this series up till chapter 143 and then i just left it ..... 12 chapters before it ended lol still i gotta say i re-read it and i still really enjoyed it but i gotta say the manga does such a weird twist in the middle where it suddenly stops focusing only on Clare and then it gets that whole "lets destroy the organization" thing going on which i gotta say i was a huge fan of.

Still the manga does some pretty weird things introducing a bunch of concepts about the dragon people and all that and we never ever see it again, which i guess is all right i mean series would have gotten waayyyy more complicated had the author decided to chase that little plot point but still .... can't help but worry about the little island now hopefully they won't be destroyed later on.

Also just gotta put this out there the death that moved me more and also came out of nowhere was fucking Clarices death, you know the colored hair woman that was acting like a mother to the crazy little girl, she was pretty patethic every time she was showed but you know she still always pulled through but then again out of nowhere with everyone surviving abyssal ones attacks and everything .... she just dies .... not only that she erases all the memories that Miata the crazy little girl had of her (yeah somehow she can do this just roll with it) and Miata finally regains her senses, i don't understand how she was able to be the most impactful death in the story for me but yeah that's just how shit goes i guess, still there should have been a moment where her trust in Miata brings her back or something cheesy like that why did she have to die ... i mean yeah she kind of gave Miata her life back since she regained her "heart" in a way with Clarices magical memory powers but still would have been better for them to truly bond at the end since hell everyone else fucking survived, sorry i got so caught up in this but it pisses me off somehow, well that one last girl also died Tabitha and her's really, really came out of nowhere why at the end just fuse the arm? kind of felt like the author just had to take a piss on someone so that there would be a death from the main 7, i wouldn't have minded the Raki finishing blow towards Priscilla but nope author had to make things complicated "ha you though i was dead??? this isn't even my final form!"

Story also got a little crazy with all the revivals at the end but meh it was pretty cool after Naruto no amount of shit can make you say "wait can the author just go and do this type of shit now?"

Art at the beginning was pretty rough and then even at the end i always felt that the girls sometimes looked kind of off the necks were just very weird at all times idk but still it was some pretty good stuff really liked the art in this series and the monster design was always pretty varied so kudos to the author for that, and that page with the flowers and Teresa with her angel awakening, pretty good shit brother.

And the ending, welp ever since we learned about Teresa and how Clare was only a quarter we were all expecting it to lead up to something and thank god the author didn't disappoint, that fucking Teresa awakening at the end was pretty fucking bad ass i gotta say, i will say though, i will say that i would have been fine with Raki giving the final blow that Clare/Raki combo where she dies at first would have been ok but of course we had to go with that Teresa ending which was also great, the awakening with the wings, Teresa talking to everyone about Clares real feelings everything was pretty great, but at the same time .... lol why didn't Teresa demonstrate this bad assery when she was alive? cuz there'd be no manga i guess but still at the end fucking Priscilla moves at mach 9 and Teresa handles it no problem but in the flashback she had her hands cut like it was nothing, just saying, still Clare hugging Teresa at the end pretty sweet moment, kind of wish that we got another chapter though which shows what happened after the battle and all that kind of weird to just leave things right there where Priscilla (and conveniently every other bad guy) died and we did get like 8 pages of what the others were up to but still .... just a tiny bit more please? next time i guess, by the by Galetea in a drinking contest best part about the last chapter lol.

My god i thought the author would forget about Irene but then those last pages just WHAM right in the gut you faggot let's go give that arm back lol really was not expecting that i was sure she had died, Rafaela surely didn't seem like the compassionate one, again just my god a very pleasant surprise at the end.

Also can't help but be a debbie downer but also like still have a couple of questions about will Clare and all the other Claymore live forever? what will they do if the dragon people try to go and kill everyone? those are like my two biggest concerns.

Things turn a bit too "friendship wins" at the end but it was still pretty good hell i didn't even know that the series was a shounen lol i was pretty sure it was seinen.

Pretty enjoyable ride actually a 9/10 from me i know it's very high but i rate things on how enjoyably they are and i finished this in 2 days so yeah again pretty fucking good.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Oct 26, 2018 1:27 PM
Jan 2017
Just read your same post on the claymore subreddit as well lol.
Oct 26, 2018 10:29 PM

May 2012
PK9 said:
Just read your same post on the claymore subreddit as well lol.

lol well you know want to get the word out didn't think people would use both

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Oct 27, 2018 1:02 PM
Jan 2017
Yeah. I agree with your points btw except that i gave it a 10.
Oct 27, 2018 4:50 PM

May 2012
PK9 said:
Yeah. I agree with your points btw except that i gave it a 10.

Woah straight up 10 ? I can understand it i myself just didn't connect with the characters that much but i get the score brother nice manga.

Dec 9, 2018 12:07 AM

May 2018
The best part about claymore was everything that the anime covered. Everything after that was just... whatever. I really wished they showed us more about the "mainland".
Apr 26, 2019 2:36 AM

Aug 2012
Altay545 said:
Welp just finished the manga after putting it of for like 4 years i remember i followed this series up till chapter 143 and then i just left it ..... 12 chapters before it ended lol still i gotta say i re-read it and i still really enjoyed it but i gotta say the manga does such a weird twist in the middle where it suddenly stops focusing only on Clare and then it gets that whole "lets destroy the organization" thing going on which i gotta say i was a huge fan of.

Still the manga does some pretty weird things introducing a bunch of concepts about the dragon people and all that and we never ever see it again, which i guess is all right i mean series would have gotten waayyyy more complicated had the author decided to chase that little plot point but still .... can't help but worry about the little island now hopefully they won't be destroyed later on.

Also just gotta put this out there the death that moved me more and also came out of nowhere was fucking Clarices death, you know the colored hair woman that was acting like a mother to the crazy little girl, she was pretty patethic every time she was showed but you know she still always pulled through but then again out of nowhere with everyone surviving abyssal ones attacks and everything .... she just dies .... not only that she erases all the memories that Miata the crazy little girl had of her (yeah somehow she can do this just roll with it) and Miata finally regains her senses, i don't understand how she was able to be the most impactful death in the story for me but yeah that's just how shit goes i guess, still there should have been a moment where her trust in Miata brings her back or something cheesy like that why did she have to die ... i mean yeah she kind of gave Miata her life back since she regained her "heart" in a way with Clarices magical memory powers but still would have been better for them to truly bond at the end since hell everyone else fucking survived, sorry i got so caught up in this but it pisses me off somehow, well that one last girl also died Tabitha and her's really, really came out of nowhere why at the end just fuse the arm? kind of felt like the author just had to take a piss on someone so that there would be a death from the main 7, i wouldn't have minded the Raki finishing blow towards Priscilla but nope author had to make things complicated "ha you though i was dead??? this isn't even my final form!"

Story also got a little crazy with all the revivals at the end but meh it was pretty cool after Naruto no amount of shit can make you say "wait can the author just go and do this type of shit now?"

Art at the beginning was pretty rough and then even at the end i always felt that the girls sometimes looked kind of off the necks were just very weird at all times idk but still it was some pretty good stuff really liked the art in this series and the monster design was always pretty varied so kudos to the author for that, and that page with the flowers and Teresa with her angel awakening, pretty good shit brother.

And the ending, welp ever since we learned about Teresa and how Clare was only a quarter we were all expecting it to lead up to something and thank god the author didn't disappoint, that fucking Teresa awakening at the end was pretty fucking bad ass i gotta say, i will say though, i will say that i would have been fine with Raki giving the final blow that Clare/Raki combo where she dies at first would have been ok but of course we had to go with that Teresa ending which was also great, the awakening with the wings, Teresa talking to everyone about Clares real feelings everything was pretty great, but at the same time .... lol why didn't Teresa demonstrate this bad assery when she was alive? cuz there'd be no manga i guess but still at the end fucking Priscilla moves at mach 9 and Teresa handles it no problem but in the flashback she had her hands cut like it was nothing, just saying, still Clare hugging Teresa at the end pretty sweet moment, kind of wish that we got another chapter though which shows what happened after the battle and all that kind of weird to just leave things right there where Priscilla (and conveniently every other bad guy) died and we did get like 8 pages of what the others were up to but still .... just a tiny bit more please? next time i guess, by the by Galetea in a drinking contest best part about the last chapter lol.

My god i thought the author would forget about Irene but then those last pages just WHAM right in the gut you faggot let's go give that arm back lol really was not expecting that i was sure she had died, Rafaela surely didn't seem like the compassionate one, again just my god a very pleasant surprise at the end.

Also can't help but be a debbie downer but also like still have a couple of questions about will Clare and all the other Claymore live forever? what will they do if the dragon people try to go and kill everyone? those are like my two biggest concerns.

Things turn a bit too "friendship wins" at the end but it was still pretty good hell i didn't even know that the series was a shounen lol i was pretty sure it was seinen.

Pretty enjoyable ride actually a 9/10 from me i know it's very high but i rate things on how enjoyably they are and i finished this in 2 days so yeah again pretty fucking good.
The question of Teresa is more complicated. First of Theresa at the end is how Clare imagines Theresa rather than how she was. Second, when she fought Priscilla for the first time she was feeling pity fir her and let her guard down for just a moment. She wanted to give Priscilla a painless death the first time around.
Only_Brad said:
The best part about claymore was everything that the anime covered. Everything after that was just... whatever. I really wished they showed us more about the "mainland".

What do you need to know about the mainland? The manga explains everything.
So the mainland is like eurasia around 1400-1800 and the island is like Japan from more than one points of view including technologically. The dragon Descendants are called a tribe so at most consists of 250 people , more likely under 100. All nations on the mainland formed two groups. It is implied that due to Claymore revolt the organisation group lost. The descendants of dragons in their normal form look almost entirely like giant humans (3-4 m)and live about 200 years. They have an internal biology more similar to reptiles and fish i.e. their gender is not decided by chromosomes. So generally their gender is decided at birth by parents or environment and could be changed similar to the clown fish. Once they awaken they have some control similar to the abyssal ones but they still can lose it and still need massive amounts of food to survive so is a kamikaze move. So as someone else said I am guessing that the opposing side to the organisation was losing the war before the help from the dragon kin. Trouble is that the number of the dragon kin is small so their help will only last so long. Is unsure which side won in the end but considering that the organisation failed in their experiments the war probably is over just a few years after the end of the manga. How? I do not know or care.
nightcrawlercypApr 26, 2019 3:11 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.