Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2018 9:49 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh boiiii, here we go again. Luffy can't stick to the plan, that's just so him. On the other hand, attacking a drunken Kaido might be the best shot they got.

An Elephant Gun is a nice greeting, it didn't do much against Mama or Katakuri, but this time it's from point blank range and it hits bullseye. Should make the hangover a bit worse at least, even tho it obviously won't be enough for some serious damage against the strongest creature.

Speaking about him, nice to see that the fire breath is confirmed or rather some other kind of powerful breathe, cause there weren't any flames. Still, what insane power, that was some next level shit right there. Can't image what will happen when he pulls out the big guns. No wonder that even someone like Jack shows respect. Also interesting to mention that Kaido is called viceroy and by Hawkins too, kinda confirms it for me that there isn't an other emperor over Orochi.

Definitely hype ending, really can't wait for the next chapter.
FMmatronOct 26, 2018 5:28 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 25, 2018 10:28 PM

Oct 2015
39 mins l8 :ded:

also im guessing hawkins will probably sorta step up to calm kaido as well
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 25, 2018 10:39 PM

Apr 2016
THAT LAD IS AN ABSOLUTE MADMAN!!!!
did I just see Luffy punch Dragon Form Kaido in the face???
oh god, RIP Luffy TT^TT
and it looks like everyone else has been blown to smithereens...
its gg
everyone's dead...
Oct 25, 2018 10:48 PM

Feb 2018
Kid is going to get some company in that jail soon it seems like lol
Oct 25, 2018 10:49 PM

Dec 2013
RIP

No idea how Kaido will react to Luffy’s punch.
Oct 25, 2018 10:55 PM

Mar 2015
that punch, that kaido iris... is it really that impactful?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 25, 2018 11:00 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Kaido is really massive as a dragon. Luffy seems to be smaller than dragon Kaido's eyebrow.

That Elephant Gun, lol! I wonder if Kaido felt some pain from that strike. Wanna see how he'll react to that punch. The Straw Hats better be alive. D:
Oct 25, 2018 11:14 PM

Nov 2012
Luffy you are so f*cked

F*******CKED

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Elephant Gun is as strong as a normal Gear 4 attack, only slower?
SuperRedOct 25, 2018 11:24 PM
Oct 25, 2018 11:23 PM
Jan 2017
Man, this chapter is insane. Obviously, the straw hats are alive, but I'm wondering how since Kin'emon isnt there to protect them.

Also, Luffy attacking Kaidou just further shows his irrational thinking and kind of lack of being a leader. I'm sure this will further add to the theory that Zoro will leave the Straw Hats showing how incapable Luffy is.
Oct 25, 2018 11:25 PM

Jun 2014
That heat breath is the real deal. Obviously I'm pretty sure everyone targeted by that is fine, but damn, to blow away everyone and everything in a second....this guy is insane.

Luffy's emotions have gotten the best of him, as expected, and now he's already confronting Kaidou, which basically fucks their original plan. He got a good hit on him but there's no way he's going to deal much damage. Really excited to see what'll happen in the next chapter.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 25, 2018 11:32 PM

Nov 2010
ProjectSeoul said:
Man, this chapter is insane. Obviously, the straw hats are alive, but I'm wondering how since Kin'emon isnt there to protect them.

Also, Luffy attacking Kaidou just further shows his irrational thinking and kind of lack of being a leader. I'm sure this will further add to the theory that Zoro will leave the Straw Hats showing how incapable Luffy is.

You reaching way too far. Wtf?
Oct 25, 2018 11:44 PM

Jun 2016
Law will probably swap Luffy and save him,IDK lets see what is going to happen.

I hope Eiichiro Oda don't nerf Kaido the whole arc with this Drunken shit.
Oct 26, 2018 12:14 AM
Sep 2015
Well, as expected, half of the crew is dead and luffy is by his own. Sabaody flashbacks comming through.
Praise the lord and saviour God dragon.
Oct 26, 2018 12:17 AM

Sep 2014
Lmao Luffy went overboard once again. I can see him now getting captured with Law and join Kid in prison.
Oct 26, 2018 12:19 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah I will not deny Luffy is freaking dead as hell in the bag now. I mean you just attacked Kaido in dragon form. Drunk as he is. He ain't gonna feel **** honestly. Dear lord.
Oct 26, 2018 12:27 AM

Sep 2012
Luffy’s gonna be sent to jail next week after a beating from Kaido and finally reunite with Kid.
Oct 26, 2018 12:40 AM

Jan 2018
Law is definitely mad at straw hats lol.

Luffy vs Kaido gonna be interesting.
Oct 26, 2018 1:19 AM

Dec 2008
I guess that punch Luffy gave to Kaidou is just to stop him. My God! It won't be even counted as a fight yet, and holy shit! Luffy is like a small bug to Kaidou. Literally! The punch is even nothing.

And yet Orobi still doing her gesha thing off-panel? <3
Oct 26, 2018 1:27 AM
Aug 2018
Well, looks like next chapter is the final one. Great series overall.

RIP Luffy.
Oct 26, 2018 1:39 AM

Jul 2007
LMAO Oda so trolled us SOO HARD!! "I would never do something as simple as luffy taking down kaido with one well timed punch" LOL

holy shit I don't think ive ever laughed so hard in my life and I am sure that was oda intention to shake the audience a little. Build up the hype to immense proportions and then take it all away one in fell swoop. LOL

Honestly this shit was the best!!

Honestly though i really want to see how the yonko are worthy of there title because from what we have seen with big mom and now kaido. Its a bit disheartening man.

Oct 26, 2018 3:19 AM
Mar 2018
He just simply goes and does it!!! Luffy lands the first hit on Kaido!!!
Oct 26, 2018 3:19 AM

Nov 2016
SuperRed said:
Luffy you are so f*cked

F*******CKED

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Elephant Gun is as strong as a normal Gear 4 attack, only slower?

Hard to tell since nothing is confirmed. The only comparison we got was Crackers shield. Kong Gun wrecked that thing while an Elephant Gun wasn't enough. Take that with a grain of salt, tho.That might have been only the case because the biscuits are easier to damage when you hit a smaller area instead of allowing the whole shield to absorb the damage. Could make sense.

Regarding the question. My guts would tell me that they're about equally strong, but Elephant Gun has probably the edge when it goes against larger targets or bigger groups of people. Also going into G4 too early might not be that clever.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 26, 2018 5:16 AM
Apr 2015
Would be cool if Luffy was just seeing the future and he decided to preemptively strike
Oct 26, 2018 5:39 AM

Jan 2011
Kaidos Heat breath so strong.
Luffy is angry.
Cant wait for next week.
Oct 26, 2018 7:07 AM
Dec 2016
Luufy did something stupid again, probably on the same level as the Tenryuubito slapping in Sabody Archipelago.
Oct 26, 2018 7:09 AM

Aug 2016
Ha, I wonder if he knocked Kaido out?
To be fair Kaido is drunk as hell and got sucker punched.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 26, 2018 8:37 AM

Nov 2012
JokerVentura said:

That punch will hurt as much as the fall from the Sky Island we saw in his introduction did, in other words, just a little bit.
Oct 26, 2018 8:40 AM

Aug 2016
SuperRed said:
JokerVentura said:

That punch will hurt as much as the fall from the Sky Island we saw in his introduction did, in other words, just a little bit.

He saw the fall coming though, you never know, Luffy might just get lucky, lucky enough to have time to run like fck, lol.
I can see Kaido being knocked out for a few moments and waking up wonder what happened.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 26, 2018 8:50 AM

Oct 2018
Luffy gone crazy, RIP Monkey.D.Luffy xDD
Oct 26, 2018 9:05 AM

Dec 2015
Yup, I knew Luffy wouldn't be able to keep a low profile for long, but to straight-out attack Kaidou? Sheesh...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 26, 2018 9:38 AM

Apr 2018
Wooohooo...!!! Luffy just elephant Gunned kaido. Hyped for the next week..
Oct 26, 2018 9:42 AM
we back

Aug 2015
Welp, Kaido's down, on to Elbaf now.
Oct 26, 2018 9:59 AM

Nov 2012
So does anybody see this leading into the "Luffy-Law-Kid captured together and make an alliance" theory?
Oct 26, 2018 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
JokerVentura said:
SuperRed said:

He saw the fall coming though, you never know, Luffy might just get lucky, lucky enough to have time to run like fck, lol.
I can see Kaido being knocked out for a few moments and waking up wonder what happened.

Unfortunately Kaido still noticed him ._. A full surprise attack would've been cooler :D

Oct 26, 2018 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
Luffy no fucks given as usual, would be hilarious though if that punch defeated him and we done with this arc xD, yeah no way.
Oct 26, 2018 12:25 PM
Mar 2015
No way Kaidou will kill Luffy. Luffy has plot armor
Oct 26, 2018 12:29 PM

Nov 2016
There's also the possiblity that Kinemon cut the fire, if it was really a breath of fire.

Oct 26, 2018 12:53 PM

Nov 2012
Turtles_Hunter said:
My bet on Sanji using is Vinsmoke gear to protect the other.

SuperRed said:
So does anybody see this leading into the "Luffy-Law-Kid captured together and make an alliance" theory?
. I would rather bet on Hawkins rather than Kidd. Kidd was always described as a madman, and it doesn't really fit Luffy's allies.

ProjectSeoul said:
That's the stupidest theory in here. As if Zoro didn't know that. And Zoro is clearly number two on that list. The probability for that is extremely low. Are you sure you actually read the serie until now? Plus the leaving the crew has already been played with Usopp.

Luffy Law and Kid had chemistry with each other since Sabaody, also Oda said that Kid is the only Supernova he had consider for an important role since the beginning.
Oct 26, 2018 1:40 PM

May 2013
This is just the start of Wano, hopefully we are back to the Reverie in next chapter.

Oct 26, 2018 5:16 PM

Nov 2008
Kinemon's plan is garbage and is made for failure. Luffy shaking things up by testing Kaido early is the best thing that could be done.
Oct 26, 2018 5:24 PM
Jan 2016
RIP Luffy that punch prob didn't do sh*t ODA is trolling us guys.
Oct 26, 2018 9:07 PM
Jan 2017
That's the stupidest theory in here. As if Zoro didn't know that. And Zoro is clearly number two on that list. The probability for that is extremely low. Are you sure you actually read the serie until now? Plus the leaving the crew has already been played with Usopp.

Yeah, and it has been done again by Sanji. Still doesnt mean that Zoro wont leave the crew. Zoro has stated before of what he expects from his Captain, when he first joined the crew and when he warned Luffy about letting Ussop rejoin so easily. He stated that going after Sanji is a mistake. And now we're seeing that with Big Mom coming to Wano as well. At that point they'd be facing off against 2 Yonkou's. Bad decisions after bad decisions you think Zoro still wants to keep fighting for someone who will keep their lives in danger because of irrational thinking?
Oct 27, 2018 12:02 AM

Jan 2014
Luffy the Dragon Slayer.

the best possibilities here is that Law swap Luffy with a rubble, including all of their alliance to so they are all safe somewhere.
Oct 27, 2018 1:25 AM
Aug 2011
Turtles_Hunter said:
I would rather bet on Hawkins rather than Kidd. Kidd was always described as a madman, and it doesn't really fit Luffy's allies.

I like to think Luffy's desire to defeat the Yonko, especially Kaido, transcends whatever shit Kid has done.

So I definitely see a temporary alliance of sorts, and that's not just my huge Eustass boner talking. Probably. :<
Oct 27, 2018 1:45 AM
Jan 2015
Kinemon said to Luffy to lay low for a week
LMAO , HE can't even stay still for more than 5 minutes
Oct 27, 2018 4:06 AM

Oct 2015
It went exactly as I expected. My other guess would have been that Luffy gets restrained by everyone else somehow, but apparently nope.

Thank god next week we are getting a chapter! Oda usually goes on a break times like this. Maybe we'll get a Reverie chapter next week, just to tease us some more.

So what can we expect after this? It reminds me of the time when Katakuri stabbed Luffy in the stomach, and many of us were expecting that it was just Luffy seeing into the future, while Luffy really got stabbed. Is it possible that Kaidou destroying the ruins was just a vision, so Luffy acted to save his friends? Probably no, because we saw the dialogues of other people who were farther away from Luffy.

So probably someone somehow protected the entire crew, or they're in extremely bad shape, since there's no way anyone from the main crew could die like this.

Next chapter probably Law saves Luffy, and they hide somehow. I could even imagine Law taking Luffy's heart, and threatening to crush it if Luffy doesn't stay low. Though at this point it'd be difficult to hide, they having attacked Kaidou.
Oct 27, 2018 5:55 AM

Dec 2017
Are u really hyped with this? I have truly fear, wtf will happen, the start of the apocalypse is right there
Oct 27, 2018 7:30 AM

Aug 2016
ProjectSeoul said:

Yeah, and it has been done again by Sanji. Still doesnt mean that Zoro wont leave the crew. Zoro has stated before of what he expects from his Captain, when he first joined the crew and when he warned Luffy about letting Ussop rejoin so easily. He stated that going after Sanji is a mistake. And now we're seeing that with Big Mom coming to Wano as well. At that point they'd be facing off against 2 Yonkou's. Bad decisions after bad decisions you think Zoro still wants to keep fighting for someone who will keep their lives in danger because of irrational thinking?

I doubt Zoro will leave, he knows what kind of captain Luffy is from the start and accepts his faults, plus Zoro himself messed up by being exposed in Wano. Also he doesn't care about Luffy irrationally picking fights. He wants to be the worlds strongest swordsman, which means he must be ready to fight any opponent at any time. Also the whole Sanji situation was Zoro being Zoro, they begrudgingly respect each other, but truly don't like each other.
Finally, if Big Mom does turn up it's not gonna be 2 on 1, it will be a free for all.
Oct 27, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2017
Luffy is literally one of the most ballsy characters that I've ever seen.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Oct 27, 2018 11:06 AM

Feb 2018
Oh my god.. the man, the myth, the lege... THE ABSOLUTE MADLAD Luffy did it !!
Say whaaat! :O
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Yesterday

9 by ramshireesh_1 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.