Forum Settings
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2018 9:17 PM

Nov 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, what a way to tell Phos that he was cucked lol.
Poor thing though, he's more alone now than ever. Even trying to assure himself of all he has done..........
Oct 25, 2018 10:04 PM

Mar 2016
man i just want my nacho cheese queen to be happy.
Oct 26, 2018 5:24 AM
Dec 2015
i felt bad about phos but i couldnt stop squealing over cairgorm and aechma omg theyre husband and wife now skskssk
Oct 26, 2018 8:25 AM

Aug 2015

This is such a wonky looking scene, Aechmea especially just looks so goofy in those sweats, and of course Cairn is now acting like one of those types' of girls.
Oct 26, 2018 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
And thus the painful waiting begins once again. Gah, this manga is so good.
Oct 26, 2018 6:05 PM

Jun 2013
Man my heart broke so many times during this chapter :'( I just want phos and everyone to be happy
Oct 27, 2018 9:57 AM
Mar 2015
Weird that the Lunarians are now reconstructing gems they turned to dust. Phos needs to be suspicious. He has lost his ties to the surface No one trusts the scheme to have the gems go voluntarily to the moon
Oct 27, 2018 10:59 AM

May 2016
Sooo, Cairngorm is officially a "she" now........
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Oct 29, 2018 5:55 PM
Sep 2018
Official RIP to Cairns masculinity. I guess Ghost was the masculine side.

Despite all the cute outfits and the shiny pretty upgrade, Cairn is becoming harder and harder for me to keep liking due to this abrupt personality change. I miss cairn-ghost. This cairn sucks and i hope its revealed that Prince is just using him so Cairn can get slapped with reality after treating Phos like crap. He deserves it at this point after all Phos has been through.

The relationship Cairn has with the Prince is super creepy, too. I wonder why Haruko Ichikawa decided to take this route.

New Moon character is pretty hot. I hope he pops up often. And then a cliff hanger. Bet Phos is going to have to give up part of his body yet again.
Oct 29, 2018 5:57 PM
Sep 2018
tywhoppity said:
Sooo, Cairngorm is officially a "she" now........

Yup. The only officially gendered gem, now. Though, its made clear that Cairn most likely doesn't know what it means to be " female " despite being treated by one by the Lunarians. It kinda just makes their relationship with the Prince a bit more creepy.
Oct 30, 2018 7:31 PM

May 2018
Wife? WIFE?! Are the gems even anatomically correct enough to be a "wife"? Or even a "husband" for that matter?

The Prince is a straight freak. He's probably going to have some kind of gem sex cult going once he gets all those dusted gems back in one piece!

I sincerely hope that there's a tiny sliver of Ghost left in Cairn that's lying in wait to take over.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Nov 1, 2018 9:42 PM

May 2008
wtf this is a mess

i mean it IS interesting but the relationship between the prince and cairn is scary + cairns new personality is so super annoying

idk

bortz new hair is cute though
Nov 4, 2018 5:50 PM
Apr 2015
Another chapter hit right in the feels. 10/10 Phos is heavily hit with all kinds of social alienation here. That desparate and pure attempt to justify its own life to itself at the end is just precious.
So, Barbata is a lunarian scientist whos speciality is gem necromancy and he's sporting a sort of goatee. Interesting. As if randomly appering horns of Aehma were not enough in previous chapter to drop evil undertones.
Yellow did not need any MORE PTSD than it already had though, hope it recovers.
Nov 6, 2018 6:46 AM

Feb 2015
Really weird chapter.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Nov 23, 2018 4:31 PM

Feb 2010
i believe Phos is basically a human at this point. neither lunarian or gem.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 15, 2021 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
What in the actual fuck is this. Seriously wife?
Aug 4, 2021 6:24 PM

Aug 2019
Okay, never mind Aechmea and Cairngorm. I'm starting to see tons of red flags pop up around Phos. They're falling deeper into despair as the chapters go by, if it wasn't obvious enough earlier. Surprisingly, Cairngorm gave Phos some good advice in this chapter:

...But I think it's going to be a while before Phos actually realizes the gravitas of the situation. Phos needs and I mean, NEEDS to learn to be considerate of others. If anyone here needs help, it's Phos.
klaw31Aug 4, 2021 6:27 PM
Jun 19, 2022 5:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cairngorm went from great to the worst gem.
Can't wait to see if they can really revive the other ones or if it's a trap/scam
Mar 25, 2023 2:19 AM
Oct 2021
Sassy Phos gives me life-
Dec 15, 2023 5:57 AM

Sep 2016
Cairngorm and Phos arguing about being ugly was kinda cute XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 108 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Yesterday

62 by Wieczorny »»
16 seconds ago

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 107 Discussion

Snovia - Mar 24

33 by Mugglus »»
Apr 22, 1:12 AM

» "Land of the Lustrous" (Houseki no Kuni) manga by Haruko Ichikawa will be COMPLETED NEXT MONTH

deg - Mar 19

30 by Atsunome »»
Apr 21, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

4 by CritiCold »»
Apr 2, 11:02 AM

» Theory of Phos being the tower of seven treasures

_YukiNoHana_ - Mar 27

4 by _YukiNoHana_ »»
Mar 29, 7:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.