Forum Settings
Forums

'Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai' Reveals Lead Voice Cast

New
Oct 25, 2018 8:10 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of A-1 Pictures' Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) anime series announced the first pair of main cast members on Friday. The television anime adaptation of Aka Akasaka's romantic comedy manga will premiere on MBS, Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, Chuukyou TV, and TV Niigata channels in January 2019.

Aoi Koga (Two Car) and Makoto Furukawa (One Punch Man) are starring as Kaguya Shinomiya and Miyuki Shirogane, respectively.

Miracle Jump began serializing the series in May 2015 before it moved to Young Jump in March 2016. Shueisha published the 11th compiled volume and the Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai Shousetsu-ban: Shuuchiin Gakuen Nanafushigi side story novel on September 19. The manga has a cumulative 2.4 million copies of its compiled volumes in print.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English in February 2018 and plans to publish the fifth volume on November 6.

Teaser PV

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotDec 19, 2021 2:39 PM

Oct 25, 2018 8:32 PM

Jul 2013
This is such a weird voice actor choice. When I think of Shirogane, I don’t think of Saitama at all.
Oct 25, 2018 8:38 PM

Oct 2017
I don't think they fit well enough, but we'll see how this turns out.
Oct 25, 2018 8:49 PM

Sep 2010
Aoi Koga will be a fresh voice; I did not watch any of the series she was cast in (yet). On the other hand, my opinion on Makoto Furukawa's casting is the same as Raycee's (#3):
This is such a weird voice actor choice. When I think of Shirogane, I don’t think of Saitama at all.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 25, 2018 9:07 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, they don't fit at all. That being said, a 30 sec teaser isn't enough for me to judge, but Kaguya sounds too childish (doesn't emit that elegant vibe) and Shirogane sounds too lively for a guy who gets no sleep.
Oct 25, 2018 10:22 PM

Aug 2017
Whyy the fuc is A-1 pictures adapting Yakusoku Nerverland and this???
Plz don't ruin it.

RNG best girl!!!
RNG best waifu!!
RNG is life!Long live RNG!
Oct 25, 2018 10:32 PM

Oct 2015
KazuXSora said:
Plz don't ruin it.
Cloverworks is doing Neverland. They're separate studios and work separately although they were A-1
Oct 25, 2018 11:08 PM

Jul 2013
My dream of Saori Hayami voicing Kaguya is over.
Oct 25, 2018 11:33 PM

Mar 2014
Raycee said:
My dream of Saori Hayami voicing Kaguya is over.

Same with mine of Chiwa Saito. I was so sure I was reading her lines in the manga with the correct voice, RIP--
Oct 26, 2018 12:44 AM

Feb 2013

Shirokuza said:
Well i hope kaguya voice actor is Hanazawa Kana.

You don't know how to read? lol

KazuXSora said:
Plz don't ruin it.

Cloverworks. And they don't have anything to do with A-1 for quite some time.
Oct 26, 2018 2:21 AM

Dec 2015
I am glad we are hearing some new voice actors, but I don't think they really fit.

Oct 26, 2018 3:07 AM

Nov 2014
I'm so sorry to say this but I agree with those who think they don't fit with the characters, you would understand very well if you read the manga and dive into their character

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Oct 26, 2018 3:36 AM

Jun 2017
I guess they only want to advertise the manga...
Oct 26, 2018 4:35 AM

Jul 2012
Well just ruined all the immersion. Always want to say not to blindly trust in A-1, their shows are really hit or miss. I really love this manga, but this just hurts ...
Oct 26, 2018 6:14 AM

Apr 2015
allenjke said:
Well just ruined all the immersion. Always want to say not to blindly trust in A-1, their shows are really hit or miss. I really love this manga, but this just hurts ...

Boy oh boy, I guess the people riding the studio hive mind are already here at full force.

Your statement is pretty much true for any production from any studio or subcontracted studio. Anime is a collective effort with staff that is constantly alternating so to write something off right away due to a brand name aligned to it is just stupid, sorry.
Oct 26, 2018 6:19 AM

Oct 2017
While I also think I had a different thought in mind for the voices I don’t think it’s okay to write something off right away simply because it wasn’t what people imagined, I mean it’s a 30 second clip and people are already calling it garbage. I too am wary about it but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be given a chance. Hopefully they give us something good, if not I’ll be pretty upset.
Oct 26, 2018 6:26 AM

Jan 2016
Nah we'll see. Hope they don't ruin it.
Oct 26, 2018 6:45 AM

Jul 2017
Not the biggest fan of the castings. Kaguya sounds too light pitched (expected more of a Hitagi type of voice) and Shriogane I also expected to have a deep voice as well (Ishikawa Kaito type of voice). Still think they'll do a good job

KazuXSora said:
Plz don't ruin it.

A1-Pictures does pretty well with these SoL comedy shows tbh, but it's easy for them to mess up badly

Oct 26, 2018 6:55 AM

Jul 2012
Fappa said:
allenjke said:

Boy oh boy, I guess the people riding the studio hive mind are already here at full force.

Your statement is pretty much true for any production from any studio or subcontracted studio. Anime is a collective effort with staff that is constantly alternating so to write something off right away due to a brand name aligned to it is just stupid, sorry.

I mean i should've probably said it another way, they don't have something middleground. I'm always skeptical about A-1, while they have lots of good works since the Fairy tail i just can't trust them. It was one of the best manga at the time, but the adaptation was the example how you shouldn't do it. Just wonder if they get better cause still lots of people watch it. And without knowing that the ending is pure trash, not afraid to say that. Got a bit offtopic. Just don't want one of my favorites manga to be ruined and this was not the greatest news as the start.
Oct 26, 2018 7:51 AM

Apr 2015
allenjke said:

I mean i should've probably said it another way, they don't have something middleground. I'm always skeptical about A-1, while they have lots of good works since the Fairy tail i just can't trust them. It was one of the best manga at the time, but the adaptation was the example how you shouldn't do it. Just wonder if they get better cause still lots of people watch it. And without knowing that the ending is pure trash, not afraid to say that. Got a bit offtopic. Just don't want one of my favorites manga to be ruined and this was not the greatest news as the start.

Oh believe me, I get that you're just worried and that's totally fine! It's just that you should always be skeptical about any production whatever the studio behind it may be since there are always different people involved under different circumstances that can take a project this or that way.
Oct 26, 2018 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
caio_brb said:

Shirokuza said:
Well i hope kaguya voice actor is Hanazawa Kana.

You don't know how to read?

I think he meant to say 'had been' instead of 'is'...
removed-userOct 26, 2018 8:33 AM
Oct 26, 2018 8:38 AM

Dec 2015
I don't like them, but I hope they grow on me.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 26, 2018 2:32 PM

Jun 2016
I don't really care who the seiyuu are, I mean the sound director is Aketagawa Jin
Oct 26, 2018 4:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I mean it's too early to say just from that, but yeah I agree that is not how I imagined them to sound :c
Oct 27, 2018 1:40 PM
Nov 2015
Man, A-1 is the most mainstream hit or miss studio out there. I'm ready for lazy, slide show animations. Also, I can't believe they got a nobody to do Kaguya. I know its harsh, but really? They couldn't get someone well known for this? Someone with some actual experience? And finally... Saitama? Really? I'm more confused than anything else.
Oct 28, 2018 3:22 PM

Jan 2016
Maaan I really wanted yuki aoi as kaguya, that smug voice of shuten douji is perfect in my opinion, I can even imagine her saying "how cute".

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.