Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2018 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a daredevil. Ash breaks out of his confinement like a boss although I guess it doesn't surprise me considering how much risks he takes in this series. Not only does he takes off but also brings someone with him.

I thought the episode had that thrilling feeling of uncertainity from Ash's perspective.

Felt bad for Ash though honestly. He's been through so much and needs all the help he can get.
Oct 25, 2018 10:21 AM

Mar 2012
Seriously, the anime made the escape more awesome than the manga and even kept the tantrum Ash threw when he realized he had to go and rescue Max and Ibe too. Finally,MAPPA! Finally. Now I expect the internet to be flooded with "Nurse" Barbara fanart. LOL

Awesome episode.
Oct 25, 2018 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
Amazing episode, really liking the comedy in this episode.
Ash is one hell of a sexy nurse as well ;D
Oct 25, 2018 10:48 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was one hell of a chase out of the insane hospital.

Oh and reference to the Halloween season?? This episode really was hilarious with Ash being "Nurse" lols, brings back his feminine side.

Great episode again.
Oct 25, 2018 10:53 AM
Jan 2018
Easily one of the funniest yet intense episodes yet!
Oct 25, 2018 11:05 AM

Feb 2017
I loved this episode! I was waiting for all of this to happen.
Okay, first of all, yes, Nurse Barbara. It's one of the funniest scene in Banana Fish. Well, for me. And of course excluding sexual harassment, I hated this and I'm glad Ash hit that guy.
But all of it was so intense! Even though I knew they'll escape without a problem I was all stressed they might not. And I really appreciated all of those cometic skits, for example when Ash realized he can't escape until he saves Max and Ibe or when he took Max's clothes (which is my next favorite scene in BF!). Now I'm impatiently waiting for next episodes because of Certain Someone and at the same time I'm not because of Certain Scene(s).
Oct 25, 2018 11:36 AM

Jun 2014
LOL at Max's light bulb moment when they walked in on the doctor and nurse having sex, and the subsequent scenes with Ash dressed as a nurse.

This episode did a good job of being dramatic with the hospital escape, while also adding in some lighthearted moments. Looks like things are going back to being serious though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 25, 2018 11:44 AM
Nov 2015
Awesome episode.
It's arrived this episode,finally
it was very amazing <3 <3 <3
Ash nurse best scene
Oct 25, 2018 12:01 PM
Dec 2017
Ash: -Hiiii~~
Security: -Hiiii~

I literally LOLed there. :D
Awesome episode as ever. But I miss little bunny boy Eiji. Hope he's ok.
Oct 25, 2018 12:04 PM

Feb 2016
lmfao best episode ever XDDD So hilarious. Poor Ash having to deal with a bunch of low IQ airheads XD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 25, 2018 12:13 PM

Mar 2016
I love the part when Ash and the guys accidentally stumbled upon a private makeout session!
LMAO!! xDDD
Oct 25, 2018 12:21 PM

Mar 2016
HereticHunter said:
lmfao best episode ever XDDD So hilarious. Poor Ash having to deal with a bunch of low IQ airheads XD

ROFL, he's had it with old geezers xDD
Oct 25, 2018 12:39 PM

Oct 2018

I'm fucking dying what a funny episode! Well, maybe it was just nurse Barbara but still, it was a good episode!

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Oct 25, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
I did not expect this to go high on comedy but it did and honestly, I was confused yet entertained. That was awesome.
Oct 25, 2018 1:25 PM

Nov 2016
Nice episode, especially the comedy parts.

But Ash is weird, first held the old man with one hand while hanging from the elevator and later he complains while carrying him on his back ? XD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 25, 2018 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
FMmatron said:

But Ash is weird, first held the old man with one hand while hanging from the elevator and later he complains while carrying him on his back ? XD
LOL but the first was a situation of life or death. Not sure how it was faster to carry the old man than drag him by the arm.
Oct 25, 2018 1:44 PM

Aug 2017
Ash's escape was hilarious.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 25, 2018 1:56 PM

Nov 2016
MetaKite said:
FMmatron said:

LOL but the first was a situation of life or death. Not sure how it was faster to carry the old man than drag him by the arm.

Of course you've to take that into account too, but the contrast was just way too funny imo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 25, 2018 1:56 PM

Jun 2009
applause for that escape and another 10/10 from me BABARA:D
Oct 25, 2018 1:58 PM

Dec 2016
The comedy was pretty awesome! Love it!
Ash looked good in that nurse outfit XD He show now mercy when it comes to give a K.O when needed.

Amazing episode! Can't wait for more next week ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 25, 2018 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was so good! I love how Ash was able to escape by himself, and even managed to take along with him living proof of what's happening in that institute, just to have to go back to rescue Max, and Ibe. It was really exciting, funny, and interesting from the beginning to the end, really good!

And Max was certainly a solider, he is no Ash, but he fought really well for as long as he could without a weapon or knowing the map, and I loved it because I just love Max. lol I just disliked Dino's inner monologue, and the condescending way he talks about Ash.
Oct 25, 2018 3:43 PM

Jul 2016
This was great, it was both funny and intense. Watching Ibe and Max's actions cause problems for Ash was pretty hilarious lol.
Oct 25, 2018 4:06 PM

Jun 2009
who is disliking this ??ß really makes me sad
Oct 25, 2018 5:39 PM

Mar 2012
Kannei said:
There are haters because you know "the gay" is bad and they will hate Banana Fish no matter what. I think this anime is a solid 8.2 but I have to keep giving it 10s to offset the troll ratings.
Oct 25, 2018 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
MetaKite said:
Kannei said:
There are haters because you know "the gay" is bad and they will hate Banana Fish no matter what. I think this anime is a solid 8.2 but I have to keep giving it 10s to offset the troll ratings.

yeah true its soo said too let the show fail such a waste since its the best of last and this season for me
Oct 25, 2018 5:49 PM

Oct 2015
So much for the latest security system when you have someone with an IQ like Ash.

I guess him and and Eiji are trying to find each other, such friendship.

Good episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 25, 2018 6:08 PM

Feb 2018
Is it just me, or were the action scenes a lot smoother and better choreographed here than the Arthur vs. Ash gang ep? (ep 13)
Anyhow, a good ep.
Oct 25, 2018 8:30 PM

Oct 2012
Fun but corny in the way that Lethal Weapon is. Definitely felt like this episode came from the 80s.
Oct 26, 2018 12:53 AM
Oct 2007
Ash's grip was imba like hell, the way he managed to hang on with the Prof and then one hand lifting him up.
Still another top notch escape!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2018 1:03 AM

Apr 2018
Oh I was waiting for this episode since manga. Nurse "Barbara" and the escape followed by another escape, I laughed all the way again.. Easily the funniest ep from Banana Fish. However I guess all fun ends here.
I did not worry about it till now, but with each episode closer to the end, I really start to think how in the world will they manage to retell the rest of the story without important stuff being omitted. I mean.. there is so much lying ahead of us!

“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Oct 26, 2018 3:49 AM
Aug 2018
This episode is a 10/10 just for Barbara. I totally forgot about Barbara in the manga. It was hilarious. Nice fight scenes.
Oct 26, 2018 6:02 AM

Mar 2014
Such a fun episode. I thought MAPPA would skip some funny bits but thankfully they adapted pretty much everything iirc. Unfortunately from the next episode we will be back to the regular soul-crushing atmosphere.
Oct 26, 2018 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
EPIC EPISODE AS ALWAYS !!
The comedy was awesome in this episode.
The escape theme was well done, the tension was real especially when Ash + the doctor were on the top of elevator. Papa Dino seems to be the only one who can understand Ash's moves perfectly. I hope that the next episode become as good as this <3
Oct 26, 2018 3:05 PM

Sep 2017
Really awesome episode. The escape was really cool, and it was a ton of fun overall. There was also a bit of Dino flexing on people so that was pretty cool.
Oct 26, 2018 5:32 PM

Dec 2016
the comedy in this episode had me wanting more...
Oct 26, 2018 5:39 PM

Aug 2018
Episode 16 literally just went by, its such torture whilst waiting for each episode to be released every week!

Once again, thank you MAPPA for an amazing episode. It was such a relief to see Ash reunited with Max and Ibe, and the comedy was spot on too. Now, all we need is Ash and Eiji's reunion - they've been far apart for WAY too long.

Also, I really liked how soundtrack was very prominent in this episode, and especially the use of the track 'Banana Fish'. The song was first played in episode 1 but reusing it again at the end of episode 16 was nicely done.
Oct 26, 2018 5:50 PM

Jun 2009
The comedy in this ep. was great! But at the same time the ep. managed to stay super intense.
Oct 26, 2018 7:53 PM

Jun 2014
This isnt even supposed to be a comedy. Wth was with all the gags and moe blob faces? And I'm 100% convinced that the jackolantern cut scene was only there for the sole reason being the episode coincidentally aired the week of halloween, and has no further meaning.
Oct 26, 2018 8:22 PM

Aug 2018
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
This isnt even supposed to be a comedy. Wth was with all the gags and moe blob faces? And I'm 100% convinced that the jackolantern cut scene was only there for the sole reason being the episode coincidentally aired the week of halloween, and has no further meaning.

Uh... the series isn't comedy but this episode is supposed to be comedic. This arc is very lighthearted because there are rather low stakes at this time. Also, the climax of many arcs in Banana Fish are references to old Western action flicks from the 1960s to 1990s. Like another user pointed out, the content in this episode was probably inspired by Lethal Weapon.

The jack-o-lanterns are also in the manga; I'm pretty sure the manga didn't also coincidentally publish its chapter during the week of Halloween. And if you have forgotten, Ash is afraid of pumpkins. The fact that those pumpkins became Max, Ibe, Dino, and Eiji shows that he is equating their presence in this situation with his biggest fear.
Oct 26, 2018 9:31 PM

Feb 2015
The episode continue with Ash's attempt to escape and take Professor Dawson with him, at the same time that Golzine sees how the entire safety net is coming down, just tu prove that he's the one that needs to be in charge. Ash manages to get to garbage deposit and to leave Dawson there while he looks for a way out. Max and Iba have been in the building all the time and when the alarm rang they went in the search of Ash, getting in trouble with the building security and being confined to a room. Fortunately in a touch of coincidence, Ash saw them and went for them, to finally get out of there dressed like a doctor, a nurse and a patient in an ambulance. When they're out Ash decides to go after Eiji, wherever he is.

Incredibly entertaining episode, how Ash managed to get the hell out of there was fantastic and the comedy that's caused by the reunion of this characters. Nurse Barbara scene was very hilarious, I laughed about that. Now he is out and is gonna look for Eiji. It was a big coincidence Ash and Max's encounter, I thought that they were gonna encounter in the elevator
Oct 26, 2018 10:49 PM

Dec 2016
Holy Fuck I love the music in this show!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 27, 2018 1:00 AM

Feb 2017
Ah Barbara!
Ah doctor!
Ah Barbaraaa

and my dad walks in :c
Oct 27, 2018 4:47 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was so metal gear intense and hilarious as well!
"Ah! Barbara!" that was priceless!
5/5.

Oct 27, 2018 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
One of my favorite episodes but also one of the most stressful ones. Ibe and Max pissed me off because they kept thwarting Ash's efforts to escape. Also, that elevator scene gave me flashbacks of a summer vacation where I would watch Die Hard (all movies) at least once or twice a week for some dumb reason. Ash had his Bruce Willis/John McClane moment.

The scene where the doctor was having sex with Barbara was pretty funny and how Ash had to cosplay as Barbara. Poor Ash, he never escapes sexual harassment, in this show sexual harassment is used both seriously as a topic to discuss and in a comedic manner too.
臭い-
Oct 27, 2018 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
Bibimbapski said:
The scene where the doctor was having sex with Barbara was pretty funny and how Ash had to cosplay as Barbara. Poor Ash, he never escapes sexual harassment, in this show sexual harassment is used both seriously as a topic to discuss and in a comedic manner too.
I am so happy you brought this up because it is something Ash tells Max in the manga and how he has solidarity with women on harassment. I really hope the anime will keep that scene in because I think it would be relevant to today's world and also because the scenes right before it are hilarious.
Oct 27, 2018 2:55 PM

Oct 2014
Ash's reactions were kind of cute this episode lol
But he's still too overly invincible
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Oct 28, 2018 6:07 AM

Apr 2018
Absolutely love that a whole episode could be dedicated to this escape scenario, and not only that Ash could escape in the first place but also bring along a major prize in the doctor as well for evidence.

Golzine's response to his check looming over him was fascinating character and story wise, and off course he was spot on the money regarding Ash able to outmanoeuvre them!

The comedy scenes were so funny and a very welcome balance considering the themes the series deals with. Everywhere must be awash with all of Ash's faces, and of course nurse Ash - who looked very impressive, as everyone noticed!
Oct 30, 2018 12:43 PM

Dec 2014
well that was quite funny ... ash is so cunning and eechi lol
Nov 1, 2018 2:09 AM

Jul 2016
Was weird with so much comedy this episode.

Ash still a badass and the two adults clueless.
Dec 10, 2018 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I can really say that Golzine was definitely enjoying himself right there xD I know he's the worst kind of scumbag but seeing him shooting that annoying dude was rather satisfactory to watch.

It was a great episode, both tense and nearly hilarious, which is a weird mix since this is BF, in my opinion at least.

Probably, it might be the only time I actually liked the comedy they use in this show. I almost burst into tears when Ash realized he had to go back to rescue both Max and Ibe-san after all he had gone through in order to escape. It was all even better when Max didn't even realize they were the ones who screwed Ash's plans.

Well, I guess we'll get back to the more serious tone of the series in the next episode. Which is nice, not to mention that I'm looking forward to that Ash/Eiji reunion.

P.S.: I guess "Doctor" and the real "Barbara" are still in that concierge room... probably unconscious, right? Did he at least manage to finish things with her before being knocked out? xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

345 by anjalpaudel »»
Apr 20, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

121 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2018

69 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:41 PM

» how gay is this shit?

KuroudoAkabane - May 14, 2023

37 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 13, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

66 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.