Forum Settings
Forums

Do you hate people who hate your favorite anime?

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Post New Reply
Oct 31, 2018 8:01 AM

Yes, in fact everyone who gives Monster lower than an 8/10 is basically dead in my eyes and honestly should be sent to the fiery pits of hell. That includes ppl in my friends list as well.

Oct 31, 2018 8:10 AM

Nope, not in the slightest, as long as I enjoyed it, doesn't make a difference even if there are those who give it a terrible rating and hate it. As long as they don't come bitching to me and asking me to explain myself or to lower the score, like a Kimi no Na Wa hater did a few months back.

However it's a completely different matter when someone says they hate Conrad and love trash like Wolfram, that's definitely hate at first sight! Fight me fujos! Ok, on second thought just block me.
Modified by Maou_heika, Oct 31, 2018 8:18 AM

Nov 1, 2018 10:01 AM

Nah, I just swat all the hate away and move on.

Nov 1, 2018 10:17 AM
Expert Loner

Nope. People will be themselves. As long as they don't actively nag me about our differences in taste and/or make fun of me for it, I generally don't care.
twitch.tv/zephyr_prime

Nov 1, 2018 10:44 AM
Baka

No. My favorite anime is Madoka. I'm used to it.

Nov 1, 2018 11:13 AM

it depends on the person and how they are. if someone hates or dislikes sympogear i could care less but i do start to hate them if they use that to just start crap with me over it.

Nov 1, 2018 11:18 AM

The manners. Everyone has opinion. The most important thing is not to be too arrogant and do it withouth too much bad will. Given this, i don't care one bit

Nov 14, 2018 11:15 AM

I wouldn’t hate someone for that. They could hate every single anime that I love and I wouldn’t really care.

Nov 16, 2018 4:58 PM

yes how dare they ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
SIGNATUREREMOVEDSIGNATUREREMOVEDSIGNATUADMEREMOVEODFMSJRBASKFNAGJADKFAHJ

Nov 16, 2018 5:11 PM
No, so long as it's justified and wasn't influenced by bias and bandwagon. Otherwise, then yes.

Nov 16, 2018 5:37 PM
Kairu-san said:
No, so long as it's justified and wasn't influenced by bias and bandwagon. Otherwise, then yes.

How can you tell if something is "influenced by bias and bandwagon"?

Nov 16, 2018 5:38 PM

I love everyone. It's they who don't love me. :(

Nov 16, 2018 11:56 PM
Withoutaname said:
Kairu-san said:

How can you tell if something is "influenced by bias and bandwagon"?

Well I wouldn't be able to exactly tell if it's an online opinion, but it's a different situation altogether when it's with my friends. I'd know that their opinions were influenced when the first thing they say when I ask them why they dislike a certain title is based around the reviews of other elitists. Another thing is when they just dislike it on purpose just to tease me.

Here's an example. Sword Art Online. Now, now, bear with me here. Some people say it's shit, it's up for you to decide, but I personally find it a 10/10 (check my bio to have an idea on how I rate things). But despite all the hate, I've noticed that a lot of people actually loved the Ordinal Scale movie. Even the top voted review on it's MAL page gave it a 10. So let's basically assume that it's a masterpiece for everyone, hypothetically. Now, if a friend of mine dislikes SAO because of a certain reason after watching the first season or so but then he hates the movie as well just based upon his experience with the previous season/s and the elitists' reviews despite not watching it at all, then I'd know that it was influenced by bias and bandwagon.

Nov 18, 2018 1:15 PM
I understand that not everyone will like a particular anime but that doesn't justify making people feel terrible just for liking something you hate.

Some people just don't understand that not everyone will agree with them and have the mentality of "if you don't agree with me then there is something wrong with you."

Nov 18, 2018 1:31 PM
I don’t care if they dislike the anime I like. The moment they target their hate towards the fan base is what I hate. Like when they say,”Oh if you watch this anime you’re such and such!” “Only THESE kinds of people watch this anime” Basically generalizing and putting down a whole group of people they don’t even know. That doesn’t sit well with me.

Nov 18, 2018 1:34 PM

It doesn't matter to me. I don't care what others think about an anime I like. I like what I like and nothing will change that so others opinion are 0 to me

Nov 18, 2018 6:23 PM
I don't care if a person hates my favorite type of anime. I just keep an open mind that not everyone agrees with the same kind of anime. "Hate" is definitely a strong word, but to avoid that just don't associate with those who don't have the same taste and move on with life.

Nov 18, 2018 6:31 PM

I'm not going to hide around the bushes or sugar coat it like some persons here, I hate, no despise some of the persons that hate my favorite anime. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean I hate everyone that dislike snk, I'm talking about people that go above and beyond to talk badly of my favorite series to the point where they are trashing on your very intelligent, yes its personal.

Nov 18, 2018 7:10 PM

Honestly yeah, and same with my favorite characters. But now I most often just try to ignore haters as I know it isn't worth giving them attention and I'm an emotional person.

I have been vocal about anime I dislike too so it's a two way road. I rationalize it when someone hates one of my favorite anime in that their tastes just happen to be the opposite of mine and are incompatible, and that's fine.

Though it can still be pretty annoying when someone is overly aggressive with their hatred of a show. Like when a user on this forum has "X anime is trash!!!" in their sig. They are mostly likely a petty pathetic individual who just wants attention by triggering responses by hating a highly regarded popular anime. The best way is to ignore them.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Nov 18, 2018 7:52 PM

Nah. But that´s a pity they aren´t men of culture :/

Nov 18, 2018 8:00 PM

Nah, it makes things interesting and I always want to see why do thry hate it. Otherwise, I just get a bit sad that they may miss out on something.

Nov 20, 2018 7:05 AM
Nice replies. Good to see the replies still coming.

Nov 20, 2018 7:45 AM

People can hate my favorite anime, just so long as they don't harass me about it then it's fine. I've been lucky enough to have never experienced that, so yay.

Nov 20, 2018 8:39 AM

Yes, if you don't like what i like then you're automatically shit

Nov 20, 2018 8:43 AM
assyrian said:
yes i hate people who hate naruto bleach and or one piece

i hate people who like naruto and boruto

Nov 20, 2018 9:28 AM

@FbK536

Yeah, pretty much that; in your case though. In my case, I have this one friend who always said to me that he'll watch it whenever I recommend one but always words and not actions in the end. Not just anime, I got mad at him for once when he actually invites me to play WoW once, he was really enthusiastic about it, kept marketing it to me I thought it should be fine, so we bought the game. But then he suddenly got busy for some months and later he said he stopped. I was actually waiting for him, played for months and paid for subs too...just for that.

I understand how you feel. Thankfully I concluded it after for a month getting mad at his actions by "yeah, that's just how he is I guess" and didn't bother recommending or listen to him marketing anymore. We're still good friends.

Got to observe your friends is my recommendation, even if you didn't ask for one lol.

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]