Forum Settings
Forums

Do you hate people who hate your favorite anime?

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Post New Reply
Oct 25, 2018 2:30 PM

No.... I mean its just a show the factor that determines if i like or hate you both on the internet and IRL is just your overall behavior. If they are just there to troll sure but if they are willing to give a somewhat reasonable conversation on the show it can actually be fun to talk about it and hear a different perspective than the same people who will sing praises for it. I mean even if they hate your favorite you might have other shows you share in common anyway.

Oct 25, 2018 2:31 PM
I don't mind if someone hates my favorite anime as long as it's their opinion and I can respect their taste.

But when people start doing for bandwagon sake than it's get annoying and sometimes even annoys me even for series I don't like

Oct 25, 2018 5:05 PM

I like watching anime people kinda hate.... It doesn't bother me much

Oct 25, 2018 5:08 PM

Anyone who hates Toradora be disposed of

Oct 25, 2018 5:08 PM

If I'm already friends with someone and they don't enjoy it, sure I'll be pretty upset, but I don't hate them for it.

If it's someone I just met, I'll definitely start hating them.

Oct 25, 2018 5:09 PM

Yep, my favorite anime is hated, it is Jojos, one of my friends tried to read it and he couldn't finish the second part, now he hate Jojos xD

Oct 25, 2018 5:14 PM

Yes,I want people that hate my favorite chinese cartoon to die.

Oct 25, 2018 6:00 PM

I'd have to hate a ton of people irl, if I decided to care what other people think. Which is why I would rather not care whether someone likes Pokemon or not. Best case scenario; don't burn bridges for some t.v. show.

Oct 25, 2018 6:55 PM

Lmao tf no quit being a bunch of whiney jealous lames

Oct 25, 2018 7:24 PM

FbK333 said:
If you recommend someone an anime like, let’s say, death note, steins gate or hajime no ippo, and they watch it all and start to talk hate about everything and every character. Or let’s say some random person talks to you about anime and they start hating on it really bad. You stop talking to him or what?

Edit: My Story: Lemme tell you what it actually feels like to me.

I love an anime called Gintama. I knew my friends wouldn’t like it. I wanted to discuss it with them really badly about the stuff and laugh together. One day, we were discussing favorite animes. I told my friend about Gintama. He told me he’ll watch it. He told me about his anime and i watched his anime as well. I was so happy. I imagined that we would laugh together and talk about Gintama This happened years ago by the way. He watched three or four episodes and we talked about it. Talked about the fun things. And then he just dropped it. We didn’t talk about it for a while. He told me that he is bored and that we should go out at some malls. I told him to watch Gintama if he’s bored. And then he made that weird face. That face with one eye half closed. Try doing it. That face is so disgusting. I hope you’ll understand. And he said ‘yeah, there’s that but...’ and my other friend came in and conversation stopped. What pissed me off was that i watched his favorite anime when he didn’t watch my anime. And i don’t even bring it up. Why? Because i can’t bear him saying that he hates it. It’s so much worse when it is told to you in person face to face. It’s not childish. I felt crushed. I was pretty excited about watching this anime with them and sharing those great moments. They all shattered. Thanks for anyone listening to my story.
-Fruits Punch Samurai

My friend likes No Game no Life and I fucking hate it. She gets slightly annoyed when I say its trash but its whatever.

If my friend told me they hated one of my favorites, like Your Name or FMA:B or Haikyuu I'd be pretty annoyed and prob debate with them intensively. Never =-hate though. If it was something I just liked Id be fine. Why would you hate them over a show?

Hello! If you want to talk about anything anime-related with me feel free to drop a comment on my page and add me as a friend! I'm always happy to have a conversation. My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Oct 25, 2018 8:32 PM

It's usually for shallow reasons, so I internally laugh at their horrid taste

xShinigami3125 said:
I hate everyone regardless of what they like or dislike.

There we go

Oct 25, 2018 9:15 PM
Yes, I hate them with every fiber of my being, enough to wish that they would turn into the normiest of normies and get cursed with finding a 3DPD girlfriend *spit*.

Oct 25, 2018 9:59 PM
cuxp said:
hate the people who think one piece is bad because of how long and 'stretched' it is as their sole reason for disliking the series even though they've never watched/read it

I know those people. “One Piece is so long that it doesn’t have a story”. Yeah i’ve heard this. I’ve seen them compare it with Death Note saying it has a full story and One Piece just keeps making things up. Funny thing is that they haven’t even watced it. One Piece is terribly slow and i want it to be. And manga is just great.

Oct 25, 2018 11:42 PM

I think there are valid reasons to not like my favorite anime (Hibike Euphonium). Maybe you don't like the genre. Maybe band doesn't interest you at all. There are a lot of fair elements that go into whether someone likes or dislikes an anime. What I hate is when unjustified claims are made.

Oct 25, 2018 11:52 PM
yoman21a said:
I think there are valid reasons to not like my favorite anime (Hibike Euphonium). Maybe you don't like the genre. Maybe band doesn't interest you at all. There are a lot of fair elements that go into whether someone likes or dislikes an anime. What I hate is when unjustified claims are made.

And your favorite also Pokemon XY&Z?
Wow. It’s so sad how Pokemon turned out. Do you like the new series Sun & Moon?

And yeah, can’t let go of your childhood

Oct 26, 2018 12:02 AM

FbK333 said:
yoman21a said:

Pokemon XY&Z is now #8 on my list (I only have huge profile updates every 6 months because I spend a lot of time on it). I absolutely loved how XY&Z turned out. I was very skeptical about Sun & Moon because of the art style, but it totally fits. It's just basically a "high-school style slice of life" show and that's a genre I generally enjoy. It took time, but I eventually got over myself and am really enjoying it right now. The OST is fantastic. The characters are lovable. And I have cried quite a few times. I probably would have just given up on it if I wasn't such a big Pokemon fan.

Oct 26, 2018 12:08 AM

I wouldn't normally care, but if you hate attack on titan, you're literally a scum bag who doesn't actually hate attack on titan.

Oct 26, 2018 12:11 AM
yoman21a said:
FbK333 said:

Pokemon XY&Z is now #8 on my list (I only have huge profile updates every 6 months because I spend a lot of time on it). I absolutely loved how XY&Z turned out. I was very skeptical about Sun & Moon because of the art style, but it totally fits. It's just basically a "high-school style slice of life" show and that's a genre I generally enjoy. It took time, but I eventually got over myself and am really enjoying it right now. The OST is fantastic. The characters are lovable. And I have cried quite a few times. I probably would have just given up on it if I wasn't such a big Pokemon fan.

And then there’s people like me who ship characters even in Pokemon.
I don’t like Serena (girl in XYZ) that much. I liked Misty the most as she was there in the first season. Then there’s that girl in Advanced Series. I didn’t like the girl in Black and White series because of one episode they had a fight and i hated how childish it was even when i was a kid. Serena is ok.

That’s what i thought as a child. And now i know Ash probably has the biggest harem.

And i stopped watching Sun and Moon. Ash looked immature there. I don’t know if i’ll ever pick it up. But this did make my childhood and this is the only series i cried after i caught up to it.

Oct 26, 2018 12:19 AM

I don't see any good in hating individuals who think of themselves as special snow flakes who stand out from the crowds (whom they would call 'normies').
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}

Oct 26, 2018 1:22 AM

No because I'm not a child.

People have different opinions. Idk why the understanding of this concept doesn't come naturally to some people.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Oct 26, 2018 1:23 AM
Mugiwara-sensei

What? You don't like ONE PIECE? Well, I don't hate you. I'm just disappointed. ...... Even in video games too.

Oct 26, 2018 1:55 AM

There was an ocean of reason as of why I hated somebody in my life before and admittedly the reasons sometimes could be very silly, but I am sure as hell anime was never one of them.

Oct 26, 2018 2:26 AM

no lol, as long as they're not assholes about it then they're allowed to hate my favorites, idgaf. ur friend just doesnt wanna talk about gintama, he didn't like it and he wants to move on. you gotta let it go, buddy

Oct 26, 2018 2:36 AM
forwon said:
no lol, as long as they're not assholes about it then they're allowed to hate my favorites, idgaf. ur friend just doesnt wanna talk about gintama, he didn't like it and he wants to move on. you gotta let it go, buddy

Then why he made a promise to me that no matter how crappy it was, he would watch till episode 30? Why did he tell me to watch his anime when he dropped my anime? Why am i keeping a promise and he forgot? I tod him to tell me if he doesn’t like it, i would’ve told him to skip something and show some clips to him to make him interested. If he would not be interested, i would’ve told him that this anime is not for him. He didn’t. He made me watch his anime and i kept my promise. Last time i ever watch something of his. Now i know what type of person he is.

Oct 26, 2018 2:46 AM

FbK333 said:
forwon said:

Then why he made a promise to me that no matter how crappy it was, he would watch till episode 30? Why did he tell me to watch his anime when he dropped my anime? Why am i keeping a promise and he forgot? I tod him to tell me if he doesn’t like it, i would’ve told him to skip something and show some clips to him to make him interested. If he would not be interested, i would’ve told him that this anime is not for him. He didn’t. He made me watch his anime and i kept my promise. Last time i ever watch something of his. Now i know what type of person he is.

uhh maybe it's not that serious, dude.. it's just anime. you didn't have to force yourself to watch his anime unless you liked it. i'm sure he would've been alright with it if you had also dropped his. he didn't like it so he didn't want to torture himself with it.

when you recommend something to your friend and he recommends something to you, you might like his show while he might not like yours, it happens. you can still recommend each other stuff, maybe next time you'll get him into something he'll love, who knows? but yeah maybe next time he shouldnt promise

Oct 26, 2018 3:22 AM
forwon said:
FbK333 said:

uhh maybe it's not that serious, dude.. it's just anime. you didn't have to force yourself to watch his anime unless you liked it. i'm sure he would've been alright with it if you had also dropped his. he didn't like it so he didn't want to torture himself with it.

when you recommend something to your friend and he recommends something to you, you might like his show while he might not like yours, it happens. you can still recommend each other stuff, maybe next time you'll get him into something he'll love, who knows? but yeah maybe next time he shouldnt promise

I know that kinda thing was childish. But this did teach me that he can’t keep promises with me. Which really shows something about him. There’s many other personal stuff that prove that he ain’t a true friend. But...

My friends are just different. Cowards. They don’t even know about me. We don’t talk about our families either. My friends are dicks. My other friend has a sis and he recommended me an anime called kiss x sis. Does he have any bit of pride left in him? Anime does make me jealous. Friends. I’m talking about my best friends. I just hope i went a different path somehow. Nah, nevermind. My friends are different and i don’t want that changed. Nah, but they are fools.

Oct 26, 2018 3:26 AM

yeah when i was younger. don't care now tho lol

Oct 26, 2018 3:28 AM

FbK333 said:
forwon said:

I know that kinda thing was childish. But this did teach me that he can’t keep promises with me. Which really shows something about him. There’s many other personal stuff that prove that he ain’t a true friend. But...

My friends are just different. Cowards. They don’t even know about me. We don’t talk about our families either. My friends are dicks. My other friend has a sis and he recommended me an anime called kiss x sis. Does he have any bit of pride left in him? Anime does make me jealous. Friends. I’m talking about my best friends. I just hope i went a different path somehow. Nah, nevermind. My friends are different and i don’t want that changed. Nah, but they are fools.

ah, i see you've got other built up issues with them. well, i wish you the best of luck with your friendships then

Oct 26, 2018 4:16 AM
I try not to show them, but deep inside I really hate them

Join the most Mangonificent club!

https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77534

Oct 26, 2018 7:12 AM
Jean Michel Salt

Personally dont care even if it s one of my close friend who do this.

Oct 26, 2018 8:44 AM

Not really. If they hate it, then I will question why and accept their reasons without being an ass or don't really mind it at all as I respect their own preferences.

𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨.
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫.

Oct 26, 2018 8:45 AM

FbK333 said:
If you recommend someone an anime like, let’s say, death note, steins gate or hajime no ippo, and they watch it all and start to talk hate about everything and every character. Or let’s say some random person talks to you about anime and they start hating on it really bad. You stop talking to him or what?

I love an anime called Gintama. I knew my friends wouldn’t like it. I wanted to discuss it with them really badly about the stuff and laugh together. One day, we were discussing favorite animes. I told my friend about Gintama. He told me he’ll watch it. He told me about his anime and i watched his anime as well. I was so happy. I imagined that we would laugh together and talk about Gintama This happened years ago by the way. He watched three or four episodes and we talked about it. Talked about the fun things. And then he just dropped it. We didn’t talk about it for a while. He told me that he is bored and that we should go out at some malls. I told him to watch Gintama if he’s bored. And then he made that weird face. That face with one eye half closed. Try doing it. That face is so disgusting. I hope you’ll understand. And he said ‘yeah, there’s that but...’ and my other friend came in and conversation stopped. What pissed me off was that i watched his favorite anime when he didn’t watch my anime. And i don’t even bring it up. Why? Because i can’t bear him saying that he hates it. It’s so much worse when it is told to you in person face to face. It’s not childish. I felt crushed. I was pretty excited about watching this anime with them and sharing those great moments. They all shattered. Thanks for anyone listening to my story.
-Fruits Punch Samurai

It is just a show. A show you love and he doesn't seem to care about it seems or doesn't like but in the end, it is what it is. Just a show. If he is otherwise a great guy, it really doesn't matter, There are more important things to fight over but not something as silly as that. Most of my friends couldn't care less about anime and my best friend has mostly completely different taste buds when it comes to anime shows but hey that's life.

Please support KyoAni!

Oct 26, 2018 9:11 AM
huntress1013 said:
FbK333 said:

-Fruits Punch Samurai

It is just a show. A show you love and he doesn't seem to care about it seems or doesn't like but in the end, it is what it is. Just a show. If he is otherwise a great guy, it really doesn't matter, There are more important things to fight over but not something as silly as that. Most of my friends couldn't care less about anime and my best friend has mostly completely different taste buds when it comes to anime shows but hey that's life.

It actually really tells about what kind of a person he is. He broke a promise to me and then keot telling me to watch the anime he recommended. I know he is doing it for my sake and everything but that was just wrong. After i told him that he can tell me if he does not like it. After i told him to watch 30 episodes no matter how crappy it was. He just didn’t care anymore.

Oct 26, 2018 9:14 AM
lol, obviously not... if he doesn't like my favorite anime, it's his problem... if he respects me , i'll respect him too...

Oct 26, 2018 9:19 AM

FbK333 said:
huntress1013 said:

It actually really tells about what kind of a person he is. He broke a promise to me and then keot telling me to watch the anime he recommended. I know he is doing it for my sake and everything but that was just wrong. After i told him that he can tell me if he does not like it. After i told him to watch 30 episodes no matter how crappy it was. He just didn’t care anymore.

30 episodes?! Why would anyone watch 30 episodes of a show he or she doesn't like. Three ...maybe five at the most but that would be a lot. I am with your friend.

Please support KyoAni!

Oct 26, 2018 9:57 AM

Nope. Not at all. Because in the end what matters is what YOU like and not what the others like. I just respect everyone's opinions and don't take them personally to heart.

Oct 26, 2018 10:06 AM
huntress1013 said:
FbK333 said:

30 episodes?! Why would anyone watch 30 episodes of a show he or she doesn't like. Three ...maybe five at the most but that would be a lot. I am with your friend.

What about me watching 50 episodes of his crap anime? Nothing to say about that? The anime’s Black Clover. You can see just how shitty and boring the crap is by its rating. Watching it was torture. And i had to act like i liked his anime cuz i didn’t wanna embarrass him. I kept my promise.

Oct 26, 2018 10:11 AM

If their criticism and hate for the anime is valid and constructive. If they just hate it just because, then yes.

However, I will hate anyone who favorited Durarara as their favorite anime. It's a piece of shite.

Oct 26, 2018 10:15 AM
_Iconic said:
If their criticism and hate for the anime is valid and constructive. If they just hate it just because, then yes.

However, I will hate anyone who favorited Durarara as their favorite anime. It's a piece of shite.

It has nice rating so i’m guessing it’s many people’s favorites. I love it. You did not choose a specific person but everyone. You must be really evil and must have many people you hate.

Oct 26, 2018 10:16 AM

FbK333 said:
_Iconic said:

It has nice rating so i’m guessing it’s many people’s favorites. I love it. You did not choose a specific person but everyone. You must be really evil and must have many people you hate.

Evil to people who like Durarara yes.

Oct 26, 2018 10:17 AM

_Iconic said:
that show wasn’t TOO bad.

I have an opinion on anime that I think is superior than others so I might judge seeing someone’s favorites. But overall, I don’t really care. A lot of people get passionate about their favorite anime’s (not really me), so I just let them roll with it

Oct 26, 2018 10:19 AM
m0llerz said:
_Iconic said:

I have an opinion on anime that I think is superior than others so I might judge seeing someone’s favorites. But overall, I don’t really care. A lot of people get passionate about their favorite anime’s (not really me), so I just let them roll with it

I need that profile’s pic information.

And are you enjoying Gintama, yet?

Oct 26, 2018 10:29 AM

FbK333 said:
m0llerz said:

My profile picture and forum picture are both Claire and Chane from Baccano. Totally loved this relationship. It was a quick google search, but if you can’t find it I can either PM it.

Gintama is fun to watch. It’s entertaining and the characters are likeable. Gin is typically the type of main character I enjoy to follow (personality/morals/strength).

Oct 26, 2018 10:33 AM
m0llerz said:
FbK333 said:

My profile picture and forum picture are both Claire and Chane from Baccano. Totally loved this relationship. It was a quick google search, but if you can’t find it I can either PM it.

Gintama is fun to watch. It’s entertaining and the characters are likeable. Gin is typically the type of main character I enjoy to follow (personality/morals/strength).

I’ll check that anime out.

And it’s just great to see Gin’s past from time to time and how they give us hints. This show turns into something else. I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I would love to talk to you about it.

Oct 26, 2018 10:35 AM
I have no friends so it doesn't really affect me in any whether people like the anime I love or not

Oct 26, 2018 10:37 AM

m0llerz said:
_Iconic said:

The show was bad. Really one dimensional characters, convoluted plot with too many arcs running simultaneous to eachother, horrible fanservice (I don't mind fanservice if done right.). Predictable story. Asspulls happening every episode.The list goes on. What makes it worst is that people actually rate that show likes it's a masterpiece.

Oct 26, 2018 10:38 AM
orario said:
I have no friends so it doesn't really affect me in any whether people like the anime I love or not

This is hard to take in. Are you ok with no friends? Some poeple just don’t want friends.

Oct 26, 2018 10:39 AM

FbK333 said:
m0llerz said:

I’ll check that anime out.

And it’s just great to see Gin’s past from time to time and how they give us hints. This show turns into something else. I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I would love to talk to you about it.

I haven’t watched Bacanno in over two years. I wonder if my perspective has changed since I’m in a different headspot. But I remember having to watch it twice to finally fit all the pieces together since the story jumps around.

Yes, I’m waiting for more of his past to come out. Hopefully there will be more episodes specially dedicated towards that. And sure, moving forward. Just shoot a fr!

Oct 26, 2018 10:44 AM

_Iconic said:
m0llerz said:

The show was bad. Really one dimensional characters, convoluted plot with too many arcs running simultaneous to eachother, horrible fanservice (I don't mind fanservice if done right.). Predictable story. Asspulls happening every episode.The list goes on. What makes it worst is that people actually rate that show likes it's a masterpiece.

I don’t think it’s a masterpiece, but definitely isn’t a 1. I enjoy the chaotic storyline since it all came together in the end. As new seasons were added, then it gets a bit weird and decreased.

Oct 26, 2018 10:45 AM
Yeah i hate fucking hate those piece of shits. Jk

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »