Forum Settings
Forums

Do you hate people who hate your favorite anime?

New
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2018 12:17 PM
Oct 2017
Renn said:
FbK333 said:
This happened years ago by the way.

FbK333 said:

Umm. I “thought” they wouldn’t like it. Because of the starting. But when he started to like it, that’s when i got my hopes up. I didn’t know he would like it or not but when he said that he liked it, i got my hopes up. This is what happened. And he recommended me a long series as well. I think we were supposed to be even? He should’ve watched the same amount of episodes i watched for his anime. I was fair and square. He wasn’t. I tried to get into his favorites. And to explore more in it, the anime was shit. The anime is Black Clover. Pure shit at start. Torture. I was only watching this so he can watch Gintama. This is what i get? Black Clover did grow on me later. I’m sure Gintama would!ve grown on him as well. But no oh no. He didn’t even tell me he is not gonna watch it. He got my hopes up for nothing all the while making me watch his shitty anime. Great! Now you get me? Cancerous!

Huh, now that is odd, I was under the impression Black Clover only came out last year and is still currently airing.....

Regardless, he didn't like your anime, and you didn't like his. Now you are even, put it behind you. Like seriously, if your friendship is so fragile you fall out over a difference in favourite shows, all i can say is that i pity you. If you really can't get along with this person for such petty reasons, then forget about them and move on, I see no reason to act so spiteful about it all.

You pay attention to what i say closely. You do know my situation perfectly. I read the manga when it started in 2014 or 2015. He got me in the anime as well. We are not even. He watched 2-4 episodes of my anime when i watched 55 episodes of his anime. And it’s so worse when they say they don’t see what’s in Gintama. I watched all of your animes, time to watch my animes, no? Friendship ain’t so fragile. We friends. This one of the reasons i hate him. And he’s kind of like a ‘fake friend’ but i debated with myself if he’s my best friend or not. We got history behind us. Let’s close the thread.
FbK536Oct 24, 2018 12:21 PM
Oct 24, 2018 12:29 PM

Oct 2010
Same story here: I talked with my friend and I reccomended Shingeki no Kyojin, I told him to watch 12 episodes and just talk about it. I watched some nbc crime show 20 something 40 min episodes. (the show he reccomended) He only watched the trailer but I couldn't care less, I just wanted to have some common ground. I was pissed a little because he didn't keep his word. Maybe I should've reccomended Dragonaut.

It's a different story if someone hates Barça, I tend to be verry vocal in expressing why Barça is the best fottball team.
Oct 24, 2018 12:39 PM

Aug 2016
FbK333 said:
Renn said:

Huh, now that is odd, I was under the impression Black Clover only came out last year and is still currently airing.....

Regardless, he didn't like your anime, and you didn't like his. Now you are even, put it behind you. Like seriously, if your friendship is so fragile you fall out over a difference in favourite shows, all i can say is that i pity you. If you really can't get along with this person for such petty reasons, then forget about them and move on, I see no reason to act so spiteful about it all.

You pay attention to what i say closely. You do know my situation perfectly. I read the manga when it started in 2014 or 2015. He got me in the anime as well. We are not even. He watched 2-4 episodes of my anime when i watched 55 episodes of his anime. And it’s so worse when they say they don’t see what’s in Gintama. I watched all of your animes, time to watch my animes, no? Friendship ain’t so fragile. We friends. This one of the reasons i hate him. And he’s kind of like a ‘fake friend’ but i debated with myself if he’s my best friend or not. We got history behind us. Let’s close the thread.

I'm sorry, but I can't help myself at this point. Even if you read the manga, he still couldn't have recommended the anime to you "years ago". You call your friend a "fake friend" and that you hate him, but your friendship with him isn't fragile? Look, this has really gotten off topic anyway, my original point was that he *did* start watching your show, regardless of how far he got, the effort was made. Whether you watched more of his show than he did of yours is besides the point. He started it, and he didn't like it. Accept that and move on already.
Oct 24, 2018 12:44 PM

Jun 2017
Nah, why should I? Id totally understand if someone hates S;G, it's not a perfect anime by any mean.

It does piss me off when someone trash FMAB tho, I just can't see how someone could say it's trash. I get it if u didn't like it as much or just thought it was underrated but calling it trash? Wow.

Oct 24, 2018 12:45 PM
Oct 2017
Renn said:
FbK333 said:

I'm sorry, but I can't help myself at this point. Even if you read the manga, he still couldn't have recommended the anime to you "years ago". You call your friend a "fake friend" and that you hate him, but your friendship with him isn't fragile? Look, this has really gotten off topic anyway, my original point was that he *did* start watching your show, regardless of how far he got, the effort was made. Whether you watched more of his show than he did of yours is besides the point. He started it, and he didn't like it. Accept that and move on already.

I told him to keep watching it. You want me to play a full flashback or what? He’ll watch Gintama, and i’ll watch Black Clover no matter how much we hate it. He dropped it. Never talked about it and had the nerve to tell me to watch Black Clover all day.

Friendship? Ahh, i have my reasons. You really wanna dig up on me, don’t you? Now this is unfair. Tell me about yourself as well. You’ve been reading me like a dictionary. I don’t like being read.
Oct 24, 2018 12:50 PM
Oct 2017
Jare4lopez said:
Nah, why should I? Id totally understand if someone hates S;G, it's not a perfect anime by any mean.

It does piss me off when someone trash FMAB tho, I just can't see how someone could say it's trash. I get it if u didn't like it as much or just thought it was underrated but calling it trash? Wow.

FMAB was cool. It was like a normal anime finally blessed. Nothing to hate about. I really don’t see how it’s #1. Nothing to hate about. I’d normally give it a 10 but i want other series to do better. Still think that FMAB gonna be #1 for forever. But i feel for you.
Oct 24, 2018 12:52 PM

Aug 2016
FbK333 said:

I told him to keep watching it. You want me to play a full flashback or what? He’ll watch Gintama, and i’ll watch Black Clover no matter how much we hate it. He dropped it. Never talked about it and had the nerve to tell me to watch Black Clover all day.

Friendship? Ahh, i have my reasons. You really wanna dig up on me, don’t you? Now this is unfair. Tell me about yourself as well. You’ve been reading me like a dictionary. I don’t like being read.

I don't remember being the one to start a thread inviting people to share their opinions on what i've said.....

But fair enough, my name is Renn and I just like anime.

I mean seriously, what exactly is it you want me to say about myself? My childhood? My first crush? The time I got hit in the face with a bowling ball?? None of it is relevant.

Perhaps I have been too mean while picking holes in what you are saying, but my point still stands. Did you ever consider the reason he kept quiet and "made a face" is because he didn't want to talk bad about your show and hurt your feelings? You go on about how angry and betrayed you feel, but from my perspective you trashing him and complaining online is the bigger betrayal, compared to him just disagreeing with you on a piece of fiction. Give it up and stop acting so petty.
RennOct 25, 2018 2:13 AM
Oct 24, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2017
I don't hate them but I do want to slap them like 1 time if I ever get the chance.
Oct 24, 2018 1:10 PM

May 2018
I don't hate them but I wish they were never born :D
Oct 24, 2018 1:11 PM
Oct 2018
Dude, your friend is inconsiderate jerk.
You watched his fav anime but didn't shit on.
But he did shit on yours.
So, you should use some really strong words to shit on his fav anime with that disgusting face you mentioned.
And enjoy watching how he felt it.
Yeah U
Oct 24, 2018 1:12 PM

Dec 2016
Yes, if you don't like LOGH or NGE then you're not a true elitist and anime intellectual and you're not worth my time

What's the difference?
Oct 24, 2018 1:18 PM

Oct 2014
No, not really. My overall favorite series is probably Hunter x Hunter which is very popular, and because of this, there are going to be a lot of people who hate it based on that alone (and being a shounen). I don't have enough hate to deal with all of that.
Oct 24, 2018 1:20 PM

May 2009
No, I don't hate them, or else I'd have to hate a lot of random people I otherwise have no knowledge of.

FbK333 said:
I love an anime called Gintama. I knew my friends wouldn’t like it. I wanted to discuss it with them really badly about the stuff and laugh together. One day, we were discussing favorite animes. I told my friend about Gintama. He told me he’ll watch it. He told me about his anime and i watched his anime as well. I was so happy. I imagined that we would laugh together and talk about Gintama This happened years ago by the way. He watched three or four episodes and we talked about it. Talked about the fun things. And then he just dropped it. We didn’t talk about it for a while. He told me that he is bored and that we should go out at some malls. I told him to watch Gintama if he’s bored. And then he made that weird face. That face with one eye half closed. Try doing it. That face is so disgusting. I hope you’ll understand. And he said ‘yeah, there’s that but...’ and my other friend came in and conversation stopped. What pissed me off was that i watched his favorite anime when he didn’t watch my anime. And i don’t even bring it up. Why? Because i can’t bear him saying that he hates it. It’s so much worse when it is told to you in person face to face. It’s not childish. I felt crushed. I was pretty excited about watching this anime with them and sharing those great moments. They all shattered. Thanks for anyone listening to my story.
-Fruits Punch Samurai

When I started interacting with the anime fandom at large, I first thought that I could easily find people who like shows that I like and I could bond with them over it.

To my disappointment, I quickly discovered that this is not the case.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 24, 2018 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
Hate is a strong word, but I dislike people who go out of their ways to criticise shows in nonsensical ways, like complaining about a slice of life series being slow.

It's ok to dislike a whole genre, but some people make it part of their personality to aimlessly voice their opinion whenever the subject comes up even when there's no substance to it and it's annoying.
Oct 24, 2018 1:30 PM
Oct 2017
I
ModKiller said:
Dude, your friend is inconsiderate jerk.
You watched his fav anime but didn't shit on.
But he did shit on yours.
So, you should use some really strong words to shit on his fav anime with that disgusting face you mentioned.
And enjoy watching how he felt it.

I had to act i liked his anime. It was really hard. But it will be really bad if he finds this message lol.
Oct 24, 2018 1:32 PM
Oct 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
No, I don't hate them, or else I'd have to hate a lot of random people I otherwise have no knowledge of.

FbK333 said:
I love an anime called Gintama. I knew my friends wouldn’t like it. I wanted to discuss it with them really badly about the stuff and laugh together. One day, we were discussing favorite animes. I told my friend about Gintama. He told me he’ll watch it. He told me about his anime and i watched his anime as well. I was so happy. I imagined that we would laugh together and talk about Gintama This happened years ago by the way. He watched three or four episodes and we talked about it. Talked about the fun things. And then he just dropped it. We didn’t talk about it for a while. He told me that he is bored and that we should go out at some malls. I told him to watch Gintama if he’s bored. And then he made that weird face. That face with one eye half closed. Try doing it. That face is so disgusting. I hope you’ll understand. And he said ‘yeah, there’s that but...’ and my other friend came in and conversation stopped. What pissed me off was that i watched his favorite anime when he didn’t watch my anime. And i don’t even bring it up. Why? Because i can’t bear him saying that he hates it. It’s so much worse when it is told to you in person face to face. It’s not childish. I felt crushed. I was pretty excited about watching this anime with them and sharing those great moments. They all shattered. Thanks for anyone listening to my story.
-Fruits Punch Samurai

When I started interacting with the anime fandom at large, I first thought that I could easily find people who like shows that I like and I could bond with them over it.

To my disappointment, I quickly discovered that this is not the case.

Hope you find someone you can talk to about animes you like.
Oct 24, 2018 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
Maybe a slight annoyance but not hate them, I don't know the person.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 24, 2018 1:36 PM
Oct 2017
Nithirel said:
No, not really. My overall favorite series is probably Hunter x Hunter which is very popular, and because of this, there are going to be a lot of people who hate it based on that alone (and being a shounen). I don't have enough hate to deal with all of that.

The hate will gather. The hate will gather till you transfrom from a weak-ass thin looking kid to a muscular bodybuilding giant who will kill the people who talked trash about your anime. But you’ll have to sacrifice your nen power. Good luck.
Oct 24, 2018 1:55 PM

Dec 2012
No, I'd say to each their own and shrug it off but I'll probably just think they have a screw lose.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 24, 2018 2:09 PM

Jul 2015
To be fair, Gintama was pretty boring at first, then picked up around ep 40.
And there’s like hundreds of episodes so I don’t blame him.

He was just saying his opinion, so you should’ve just said your own opinion on his favourite anime and moved on to watch something else lol (or find a new friend)
Lies. Lies. Lies.Lies. Lies. Lies.
Oct 24, 2018 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
No, not really, everyone got their different perspectives.
Oct 24, 2018 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
*looks at my favorite anime*

*sees Serial Experiments Lain*

Yeeeea, not liking Lain is very understandable. It is quite an acquired taste.
Oct 24, 2018 2:42 PM

Mar 2016
I do not care what series people like or dislike. I lost interest in anime a long time ago.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 24, 2018 2:44 PM

Jul 2014
I personally don't understand how anyone could hate Bebop since it does pretty much everything perfectly as far as I'm concerned, but I'm not gonna waste my energy hating on people just because they don't like the same cartoons as me.
Take care of yourself

Oct 24, 2018 2:50 PM
Aug 2016
I usually don't care, but if you don't like JoJo we can't be friends
Oct 24, 2018 2:50 PM
Aug 2016
Eh, it be like that all the time because that's out of my control. If they dislike it, it's fine. Not everyone has to like what I like.
Oct 24, 2018 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
I was reading Akatsuki no Yoma in the school and a school mate asked me, what are you reading? I show the manga to her, yikes I don't like that type....she was dead to me, but then she saw my mobile suitcase and now we get along again.
The suitcase if from Madoka Magica.
Oct 24, 2018 2:58 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
When someone hates my pwecious favourite, I track those little shits down and blast them to kingdom come.
Oct 24, 2018 3:15 PM

Aug 2009
I used to hate on Ikkitousen roughly nine years ago, so running into the obscure hater of a repetitively obscure anime just adds on to the amusing metanarrative and relationship I have with the show. It would just be one of those 'trolls trolling trolls' type of things.

Oct 24, 2018 3:19 PM

Sep 2018
yeah. i’ll defend my favorite anime, but i understand what i like isn’t everyone’s cup o tea. im not insulted if you don’t like fartmetal alchepiss
Oct 24, 2018 3:27 PM

Mar 2018
If they were acting like condescending d-bags, then yes. But if they respectfully said that it wasn't their thing or that they preferred a different genre, then no. As long as they don't talk trash about it for the hell of it and give logical reasons for disliking the anime, then it's absolutely okay. At the end of the day, to each their own.
Oct 24, 2018 3:33 PM
Aug 2017
I wouldn’t hate them but if they dislike for petty reasons, then yeah
Oct 24, 2018 3:41 PM

Sep 2014
I only hate people who hate themselves.
Oct 24, 2018 4:42 PM

Mar 2018
Chances are, yes.My favorite anime is Hajime no Ippo,which is a classic and I see no reason why someone would hate it or dislike it.
Oct 24, 2018 4:49 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah, I hate them so goddamn much.
Sometimes I make direct threats of violence against them on social media.
It never turns out well.
Oct 24, 2018 5:06 PM
魏无羡

Aug 2015
Why would I hate someone who hates my favourite anime? It's an anime, it's not anything serious. I understand people feel offended when someone dislikes something that they love, but not everyone has the same taste as you. Something they may like, you may also hate in return. I find that you should be grateful he gave it any chance at all. I don't have any friends that would watch even one episode of it with me or on their own, but it doesn't make them any less of a friend. I understand why you would be upset, but perhaps it's just not his thing. And that's okay. And if he's talking shit about it in front of you, just ask him to stop and that you don't appreciate hearing speak ill of something you love. It's very simple.

Oct 24, 2018 5:48 PM
Oct 2018
Nah not really but I hate people who diss my anime and they watch anime that are complete trash and and then have the nerve to tell me my tastes are shit.
Oct 24, 2018 6:05 PM

Dec 2017
ProfessionalNEET said:
MAL should rename the 'Anime Discussion' forum to the 'Shitposting' forum to more accurately describe its posts.

From what i've heard, it has been this way since the start of MAL. Up to you if you want to stop following the forums but know that shitposts and reposts are all you're gonna find.
Oct 24, 2018 6:32 PM

Apr 2015
Someone hating on my favorite anime has no effect of me. I expect people to not like the stuff I like because of my taste, plain and simple.
Oct 24, 2018 6:34 PM

Mar 2016
it's a juvenile reason to dislike someone for simply not liking something you like
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 24, 2018 7:34 PM

Nov 2015
Of course not. Hating someone just because they don't like the same anime as you is absurd.
Oct 24, 2018 7:38 PM
Apr 2018
No t really theirs alway gonna be brainless idiot sheep who only like mainstream garbage

One punch man
Attack on Titan
My hero Academia
Gintama

Etc
Oct 24, 2018 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
It's actually much more fun to have them around.
I can't count how many times I've been bashed about my shounen likes in this forum.
If they bash on your faves you bash them 10x on their faves.
Eventually it gets to the shitposting elitist weirdo wars we all see on MAL.
Oct 24, 2018 9:14 PM
Oct 2017
ProfessionalNEET said:
MAL should rename the 'Anime Discussion' forum to the 'Shitposting' forum to more accurately describe its posts.

I can’t find the ‘shitposting’ forum so i came here.
Oct 24, 2018 9:16 PM
Oct 2017
-Heika said:
To be fair, Gintama was pretty boring at first, then picked up around ep 40.
And there’s like hundreds of episodes so I don’t blame him.

He was just saying his opinion, so you should’ve just said your own opinion on his favourite anime and moved on to watch something else lol (or find a new friend)

His anime was the same boring stuff at the start as well. But i acted like i liked it and kept going. He dropped it and broke a promise. I made him promise to watch Gintama. Sounds crazy?
FbK536Oct 24, 2018 9:21 PM
Oct 24, 2018 9:23 PM
Oct 2017
-Funland- said:
ProfessionalNEET said:

From what i've heard, it has been this way since the start of MAL. Up to you if you want to stop following the forums but know that shitposts and reposts are all you're gonna find.

LOLI! A helpful knowledgeable loli.
Oct 24, 2018 9:26 PM
Oct 2017
Fafyy said:
Of course not. Hating someone just because they don't like the same anime as you is absurd.

I don’t care if you hate my fav anime. But if you’re someone who watched my anime, dropped it midway, and then come to my face and say that it was trash without even completing it, i think we will all see a kamehameha.
Oct 24, 2018 9:29 PM
Oct 2017
ungjae said:
Why would I hate someone who hates my favourite anime? It's an anime, it's not anything serious. I understand people feel offended when someone dislikes something that they love, but not everyone has the same taste as you. Something they may like, you may also hate in return. I find that you should be grateful he gave it any chance at all. I don't have any friends that would watch even one episode of it with me or on their own, but it doesn't make them any less of a friend. I understand why you would be upset, but perhaps it's just not his thing. And that's okay. And if he's talking shit about it in front of you, just ask him to stop and that you don't appreciate hearing speak ill of something you love. It's very simple.

Okay. It might not be his thing. He even made a promise. But forget it. Why should i force it on him? But the fact he kept telling me to watch his favorite anime which was not my thung either. It was utterly boring at start. He just dropped it. It’s unfair. I had to act like his anime was actually good.
Oct 24, 2018 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
That's a heartbreaking story and all, but my definition of friendship is that I can be honest. If you had been honest with him as well, you could have dropped it in the middle.
Oct 24, 2018 9:38 PM
魏无羡

Aug 2015
FbK333 said:
ungjae said:

Okay. It might not be his thing. He even made a promise. But forget it. Why should i force it on him? But the fact he kept telling me to watch his favorite anime which was not my thung either. It was utterly boring at start. He just dropped it. It’s unfair. I had to act like his anime was actually good.

I understand, but I think making someone promise to watch, and promise to complete, are two separate things. Why would you have to act like you enjoyed his? No one was forcing you to, you shouldn't have to pretend that you like something that you don't. I totally understand being upset at someone trashing an anime they haven't seen all the way through, however I think making someone promise to watch an anime, regardless of if they enjoy it, instead of them watching something that actually entertains them, is a little absurd.

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 11 hours ago

36 by PostMahouShoujo »»
2 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 9 hours ago

22 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 3 hours ago

11 by Dumb »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by PostMahouShoujo »»
13 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

59 by Archfiend836 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.