Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 23, 2018 9:56 PM

Sep 2015
Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins is a piece of walking cardboard compared to other characters in the show like King and Ban.
Oct 23, 2018 10:03 PM
Sep 2015
Pretty much Re:Zero. It would be decent instead of garbage without Subaru.
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Oct 24, 2018 3:57 AM

Jul 2017
Daestair said:
Zehennagel said:
hah yes bland generic uninteresting main characters

-my hero academia
-fate stay night
-naruto(just for me I feel)
-re zero(though this would probably still be shit tbh)
-tokyo ghoul(though I watched it long ago I hated that main character. idk about now the show is a traiwreck)
-haikyuu
-kiseiju
-shinsekai yori(all the characters are obnoxious)
only 1 out of my top 20 favourite character is a main character(guts) but I agree that so much animes could be so better with better protagonists.
a LOT of shonen are like that.

well, in shinsekai yori they're kids who had a bunch of their friends killed and didn't know a thing about the world they live in. Not to mention they always had to live with the fear of being killed. Of course they'd be obnoxious.
I understand you may think it's justified but to me these kids were acting obnoxious and I couldnt stand it.
Oct 24, 2018 4:04 AM

Jan 2016
Never been a fan of clueless/stupid/pure main character on a drama.
Gosick's Kujou and Kamisama no Memochou's Narumi are frckin ruining it all
Oct 24, 2018 4:07 AM

Sep 2014
Not necessarily ruined but affects my enjoyment: Naruto, Fairy Tail, Future Diary, Fate/stay night: UBW, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Re:Zero, Nanatsu no Taizai and Guilty Crown
Oct 24, 2018 4:16 AM

Sep 2013
hyouka
I hate chitanda so much I hardly resisted the urge to punch her
Oct 24, 2018 4:39 AM

Apr 2018
Almost everything I dropped and gave scores lower than 5 are ruined by garbage characters. I mean, character is the only reason I dislike a show.
Oct 24, 2018 5:00 AM

Aug 2018
Most of the times I have dropped some anime because of garbage villains instead xd
Oct 24, 2018 6:54 AM
Jan 2018
re zero and mirai nikki aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Oct 24, 2018 8:03 AM

Jul 2014
Deadman Wonderland would've been better without the second rate Shinji clone.
Take care of yourself

Oct 24, 2018 8:09 AM
Sep 2018
Zehennagel said:
Daestair said:

well, in shinsekai yori they're kids who had a bunch of their friends killed and didn't know a thing about the world they live in. Not to mention they always had to live with the fear of being killed. Of course they'd be obnoxious.
I understand you may think it's justified but to me these kids were acting obnoxious and I couldnt stand it.

nah i don't think it was justified. I was just explaining. The characters did tick me off and made me want to quit a bunch of times
Profile views make me feel loved
Oct 24, 2018 8:28 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
from me probably "One Punch Man" ... I really enjoyed side character fights. But whenever meme man showed up my flame just died.

There been few more where I disliked main cast a lot and would have enjoyed Anime much more without them. But I cannot remember any other ones at the moment.

Whilst funnily enough opposite is kinda same. There been few Anime where hateable main characters make Anime more enjoyable.
Oct 24, 2018 8:37 AM

Apr 2018
Glasslip was ruined by the edgy new dude and the annoying main girl

Mirai nikki would have been way way better with a not so shit mc
Oct 24, 2018 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
Definitely Attack on Titan but, I'm constantly changing my thoughts about it
Oct 24, 2018 8:41 AM

May 2013
Well since you want a rant :P

It has to be One Piece (Luffy, I can never click with this choice of character...his very presence and way of doing things is nothing short of obnoxious. Simply unbearable after a point of time).

Seven Deadly Sins (Meliodas....to this idiot I say, don't talk about 'doing the right things and respecting people' with a serious face when you are busy molesting that equally dumb chick called Elizabeth elsewhere, for no good reason. The supposed humor/comedy element just fell flat. Had Meliodas been a perv + un-serious from the start, the antics would have been tolerable).

Mahouka Kouko no Rettosei (Brother Tatsuya is overpowered to the point of being absolutely bland and boring in the anime. The supposed character development and growth never happened.)

Zero no Tsukaima ( Louise ruined the tsundere character trope for me... although she did get marginally better in the final season).
KreatorXOct 24, 2018 8:45 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 24, 2018 8:45 AM

Aug 2015
Black Clover
Darling in the Franxx
Beatless
Soul Eater Not
Fairy Tail
Gantz
Elfen Lied
Future Dairy
A Certain Magical Index
Gundam Build Divers
Gundam Seed Destiny
Gundam Wing
Gundam Build Fighters Try
Inazuma Eleven Ares
Megalo Box
Angel Of Death
Rosario Vampire
Vampire Knight
Oct 24, 2018 8:51 AM

Aug 2018
Latest examples:

The sacred blacksmith (Cecily)
BNHA (Deku)
SAO (Kirito)
3/4 of ecchi/harem protagonists
Oct 24, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2008
Akerakai said:

To be fair, nothing could have saved it. XD That show didn't know WHAT THE F*CK it was doing....how I even managed to finish it remains "Eighth Wonder of the World" to me.....

Oct 24, 2018 9:12 AM

Mar 2018
i can still hear the scream from the mc of black clover in my nightmare
吃屁股
Oct 24, 2018 9:30 AM
Dec 2015
MrBluee said:
Invidioso said:

Which one is the protagonist? The Girl with the Gun? I've seen it long time ago, but i'm not sure.

It's a good question, I think she can be considered as a MC as well... but I was referring about the guy with red hair, "Adlet"...

The girl with gun, "Fremy", is kinda cool as a character till she meet our MC... at least I do like her design, is actually cool.
Really? I hate your average over confident MC but I liked Adlet, he behaves like an idiot but he fights smart and he's actually pretty clever. He also has a decent backstory,unlike most anime protagonists.
Oct 24, 2018 9:31 AM

Apr 2018
Chiibi said:
Akerakai said:

To be fair, nothing could have saved it. XD That show didn't know WHAT THE F*CK it was doing....how I even managed to finish it remains "Eighth Wonder of the World" to me.....
remove edgy dude and make the main girl less annoying and remove the supernaturel stuffs and it is an easy 7/10
Oct 24, 2018 9:33 AM
Dec 2015
Invidioso said:
Chiibi said:

Watch Alicization and you'll see how you are wrong. :p

It's KIRITO. it doesn't matter what they'll add in that serie, it doesnt matter what character they'll introduce, it's Kirito. He's so goddammn annoying person being.

Asuna less, but yeah, she enter in that category as well.
What are you talking about Kirito is amazing. You must not be watching the real SAO. It's on YouTube by Something Witty Entertainment. All the craze about SAO makes sense if you just think of it as being about that.
Oct 24, 2018 9:43 AM

Nov 2008
Varris said:
Invidioso said:

It's KIRITO. it doesn't matter what they'll add in that serie, it doesnt matter what character they'll introduce, it's Kirito. He's so goddammn annoying person being.

Asuna less, but yeah, she enter in that category as well.
What are you talking about Kirito is amazing. You must not be watching the real SAO. It's on YouTube by Something Witty Entertainment. All the craze about SAO makes sense if you just think of it as being about that.

Nah, the only good thing about SAO Abridged is how Asuna can't open the game menu. XD

The voices annoy me to death though....

@Akerakai: Absolutely nothing of interest to me happened in Glasslip so I just want those three hours of my life back lol
ChiibiOct 24, 2018 9:47 AM

Oct 24, 2018 10:05 AM

May 2017
Varris said:
MrBluee said:

It's a good question, I think she can be considered as a MC as well... but I was referring about the guy with red hair, "Adlet"...

The girl with gun, "Fremy", is kinda cool as a character till she meet our MC... at least I do like her design, is actually cool.
Really? I hate your average over confident MC but I liked Adlet, he behaves like an idiot but he fights smart and he's actually pretty clever. He also has a decent backstory,unlike most anime protagonists.

rofl

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Oct 24, 2018 11:12 AM

May 2018
Renton and Eureka from Eureka Seven and their crybaby teen drama that dragouts the show.
Oct 24, 2018 11:24 AM

Aug 2016
I could say Mirai Nikki but that show would still be a pile of dog shit even without Yukiteru, so... Probably Plastic Memories, the MC is incredibly bland while Isla is quite likeable.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 24, 2018 2:14 PM

Jul 2015
Attack on Titan would’ve been better without Eren, Mikasa and Armin.
They’re so bland imo
Everyone else was better like Erwin, Levi, Hange, etc.
Lies. Lies. Lies.Lies. Lies. Lies.
Oct 24, 2018 2:28 PM

Sep 2014
I was going to say Steins;Gates, but I noticed that the side characters ruin it even more than the actual main characters.
Oct 24, 2018 2:34 PM

Nov 2017
Fairy Tale definitely is the first one that comes to mind
Gantz had a pretty shit mc too
Oct 24, 2018 2:44 PM
Oct 2018
Shymander said:
I'm surprised Golden Time hasn't been mentioned yet. I loved the show, but his behaviour and what happened at the end made me bump down my score.

Damn right brotha. Tada was kinda annoying
Oct 25, 2018 5:44 AM

Aug 2018
Personally, I'm ok with most types of MCs, as long as they are not constantly weak-spined and fit with the type of story they act in.

A type of MC I loathe is the one found in many harem/harem-like and romance anime: weak-willed, bland, generic voice and looks, too nice, dominated and trampled by a female lead and not fighting back against women hitting them.

An example is the MC in Gosick. Another one is Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki. An example of a stronger character that I dislike nonetheless is the MC from Black Bullet: shonen-like in character, not interesting (other than being a cyborg) and exists simply to attract lewd lolis and president-chan ladies.

A protagonist from a harem-like anime DONE RIGHT in my opinion is Kazuma from Konosuba: he is cunning, intelligent and flawed enough to be special, but nice in special circumstances. He also doesn't hesitate to defend himself against women and fights pragmatically against foes.
KrankastelOct 25, 2018 5:52 AM
Oct 25, 2018 6:03 AM

Jun 2016
Subaru from Re zero

Black cover main character

Goku from Dragon ball Z

Shirou emiya from Fate series

Rintarou Okabe from Stein gates

Kirito from sword art online

PrideRoyalIvyOct 29, 2018 8:14 AM

Oct 25, 2018 6:47 AM

Jul 2015
Almost every single generic brown/black haired protagonist
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Oct 25, 2018 7:42 AM

Oct 2015
@DepravedMagi I don't know about the anime but I'm currently playing the VN and Chizuru hasn't annoyed me so far. I mean, she is pretty useless in battle but it'd be unnatural if she wasn't given her lack of swordsmanship background and the fact that Shinsengumi are one of the best swordsmen in Kyoto. I don't know, she is pretty bland (like one would expect from an otome protag) but not particularly bad imo. What did you dislike about her?

OT: First one to come to mind is Isshuukan Friends. Really didn't like Hase. He was loud, annoying and acted like a selfish child.
Oct 25, 2018 8:16 AM

Apr 2015
Kirino borderline ruined Oreimo season 1 for me, which was only saved by its supporting characters. Not bothering with season 2 or the OVAs.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 25, 2018 8:20 AM

May 2012
Every character in attack on titan. So terrible. Madoka only had bad characters as well. Juilian in LOGH.
Oct 25, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2018
DepravedMagi said:

Any Mirai Nikki character that isn’t Minene or Akise is shit lol

This. I'd more specifically say Yuki, since he was an insufferable MC, but this pretty much sums it up.
Oct 25, 2018 10:29 AM
Feb 2009
That dumb MC from SnK that I can't be bothered to remember
and Levi
tho SnK has other problems too
That was unfair, it was ruined by plot too.

Isekai won't count as most have too bland plot to be good if MC was improved too.

Ths thread lacks a real answer:
what anime would be a lot better if ONLY the MC was better.
F U fight me.
Haruhi maybe a little.
Oct 25, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2017
Although I like High School DxD on the whole, the MC's lecherousness and oppai obsession feels overdone and gets tiresome, at times making me wonder why the girls are drawn to him.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Oct 25, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
Boku No Hero-deku is easily the most boring and generic Shōnen MC. Don't give a shit about him, so the things he does in the show has 0 impact on me.

Sister Princess-Emo AF protagnist dragged the show down.

No Game No Life-the arrogance of the main characters were annoying AF.

White Album 2-what the MC did in the last episode of the show was disgusting AF, and turned a decent show into a garbage one.
Oct 25, 2018 11:50 AM

Aug 2018
DoctorWasabi said:

White Album 2-what the MC did in the last episode of the show was disgusting AF, and turned a decent show into a garbage one.

White album 2 was garbage because the story was ridiculous not
Oct 25, 2018 12:05 PM

Nov 2011
Tales of the abyss. It has an anime but I guess I’m mainly referring to the game. It had everything else going for it but I just can’t stand Luke.

Also I wouldn’t say he’s a garbage character at all- but I can’t watch haikyuu because Hinata gives me too much second hand embarrassment

Oct 25, 2018 12:11 PM
Sep 2017
freelynks said:
Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. I just couldn't stand how annoying her character was. I am going to attempt to rewatch this at this at some point so maybe my opinion will change ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i agree. Annoying af. Kyon was good though.
Oct 25, 2018 12:19 PM

Jun 2015
Shiki has a great story but most of its characters are freakin jokes
Oct 25, 2018 12:32 PM

Oct 2015
Currently I'm watching Blue Gender, which really suffers from this problem. I enjoy the conflict between Earth, Second Earth, and the invading Blue, I find it thought provoking and interesting, plus there are dystopian elements which I am also fond of. But the main character Yuji is willfully ignorant and does whatever he wants despite not understanding the situation humanity is in. In my opinion an important characteristic of a character thrown into an unfamilliar society is the ability to choose their battles, and observe which norms have been adopted for good reason and which ones should be challenged. Yuji challenges everything and disrupts Second Earth's plans constantly. Yes, they're a flawed future society but they also are the humans with the best chance of preserving the most of humanity so it's really frustrating for the main character to be so antagonistic to them.
Oct 25, 2018 12:45 PM

Mar 2018
Relena in MSGW and Yukari & George in Paradise Kiss.
Oct 25, 2018 12:47 PM

Jun 2016
Izuku Midoriya -My hero academia
Ken Kaneki - Tokyo Ghoul
Eeren Yeager -Attack on Titan

I realize it's not a popular opinion and a lot of people are probably gonna disagree with me but OH MY GOD! these guys define the word "Crybaby"
Oct 25, 2018 1:36 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
lolololol I'm shocked Deku isn't in here even more then he already is.

I guess Dragon Ball switch up after DBZ and stop being about Goku would be much more enjoyable.
Oct 25, 2018 1:49 PM

Nov 2014
Fafyy said:
I think Mirai Nikki would be a lot better without Yuki.
Classic correct answer. Yuki is the worstttttt
Shymander said:
I'm surprised Golden Time hasn't been mentioned yet. I loved the show, but his behaviour and what happened at the end made me bump down my score.
Oh yeah, great answer. He was so hilariously stupid.

Probably alone in this one but Kumiko completely ruined Hibike Euphonium. They go so far to emphasize her social awkwardness that it goes past cute incompetence and wraps around to her just being this detestable piece of trash. I really liked so many aspects of Euphonium as a show, but by the end of episode 2, I was so pissed off at Kumiko that I couldn't focus on anything else. If she was a supporting character, I probably would've finished the show and rated it highly, but I just couldn't deal with her as the lead I'm supposed to sympathize with
CureEtudeOct 25, 2018 1:53 PM
Oct 25, 2018 1:50 PM

Oct 2017
Saenai Heroine: Tomoya
This lil brain dead boy no testosterone. 8 years of mental age.

Sho-bitch na Ken: Haruka
No words. Thanks japo for that.

Eromanga-sensei: Both Izumi.
.........................................................................................

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

33 by Catalano »»
46 seconds ago

Poll: » slut vs prude waifus

deg - Yesterday

32 by SemW0r1dXXX »»
4 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

29 by shiro-seishun »»
4 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

119 by Hoppy »»
18 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

24 by Kurgo »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.