Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 25, 2018 1:58 PM
Aug 2018
I thought that there were a lot of Problems Elfen Lied, from the out of place nudity to all of those boring ass flashback scenes, but one of the main problems was just how stupid, unrealistic and boring the main character was. Even in a fantasy fulfillment sense I really don't think anyone could like this character and what he added to the story. It's a terrible show with a great premise and very bad characters, especially the main!
Oct 25, 2018 2:09 PM

Oct 2017
Not surprised we have a few people naming Eren but honestly he makes that series a lot more interesting just due to his development as the series goes on. Honestly I am mostly interested in AOT just for his character Levi is way way more bland in my personal opinion he along with Mikasa are probably some of the least interesting characters in AOT in my opinion. (Though I admit it I am a SNK fanboy so there isn't really any character I truly hate).

To answer the question for me the entire main cast from Stardust Memory 0083. I actually thought the idea and ending for that series was really good in terms of expanding upon the Gundam lore. You also have amazing animation from the 90's that really holds up today plus a great soundtrack but the main cast was incredibly stupid and bland especially the main female MC in Nina.
Oct 25, 2018 2:22 PM

Nov 2015
NyronGTR said:
about 99% of hentai

this is the saddest truth of them all
Oct 25, 2018 2:27 PM
Oct 2018
Arkab said:
The story of Steins; Gate deserved a better MC.

Well I never thought somebody will say that. I am not bothered by your opinion though.
Oct 25, 2018 2:29 PM
Oct 2018
Kuzu No Honkai has some of the worst main characters. I do not mind a scummy character that is actually well written. Among both the main characters, the female main character is the shittiest I have ever seen. Surprisingly I do not hate Akane as much as I hate her.
Oct 25, 2018 2:32 PM
Super Saiyan

May 2017
I wouldn't say they ruined the show for, but they did come close, Eren and Mikasa (especially Mikasa) I cannot stand, they have as much character as my left thumb, and at times make the show hard to watch, Eren's character has made improvements in season 3, but is still far from being a good MC. Luckily, the show has an interesting enough story and in my opinion a great supporting cast that make up for Eren and Mikasa's lackings as MCs, and still make the show a great watch.
Oct 25, 2018 3:24 PM

Dec 2017
I droped Re:Zero Novel cuz Subaru is so annoying.
Oct 25, 2018 3:33 PM

Dec 2016
Stripes said:

I guess Dragon Ball switch up after DBZ and stop being about Goku would be much more enjoyable.

In fact the author intended and tried that Gohan became the new MC as a successor to Goku. But the JP categorically rejected this proposal, so Goku was front and center once again.

I admit that it would have been nice, but if JP didn't want it there's nothing that could have been done.
Oct 25, 2018 3:35 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Arkab said:
Stripes said:

I guess Dragon Ball switch up after DBZ and stop being about Goku would be much more enjoyable.

In fact the author intended and tried that Gohan became the new MC as a successor to Goku. But the JP categorically rejected this proposal, so Goku was front and center once again.

I admit that it would have been nice, but if JP didn't want it there's nothing that could have been done.

Toriyama tried to further the narrative but people wanted Goku . . . .

This really doesn't shock me when I think about how guys basically want a Goku incarnation in every shounen action series and get all defensive when they're not.
Oct 25, 2018 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
Claymore. Although Raki isn't technically the protagonist, he's the main male character and is basically always there just for the sake of it.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Oct 25, 2018 5:10 PM

Feb 2018
the childhood friend that gets rejected in almost every rom com anime
Oct 25, 2018 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
I have a hard time watch BNHA because of Bakugou. I enjoy all of the other characters and like the story, but Bakugou is so annoying. That kid with the balls is super annoying too, but at least he's a side character. Bakugou is a main character so I gotta see him all the time.

Maybe I would've liked SAO if Kirito didn't exist and Sinon was the MC.
Oct 25, 2018 5:35 PM

Sep 2018
I absolutely hated the mc from Alderamin of the Sky. He just passed off as a unbeatable isekai protagonist who justifies predicting all his enemies moves with science. It makes absolutely no sense considering no 2 people are the same making it impossible to predict what they would do in various scenarios by seeing them for less than 2 minutes.
Oct 25, 2018 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
durarara is still my fav series whether izaya and shizuo are garbage or not
but they are garbage by the way
and not the good kind :puke:
Oct 26, 2018 12:22 AM

Apr 2017
freelynks said:
Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. I just couldn't stand how annoying her character was. I am going to attempt to rewatch this at this at some point so maybe my opinion will change ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
She is literally the whole point of the show lol. Like her acting like that is pretty much the point.
Oct 26, 2018 12:33 AM

Aug 2014
Alot.

Basically most of them either too annoying tothe point it's not funny or forced , or the characters basically just a stereotype and 1 Dimensional.
Oct 26, 2018 1:18 AM

Apr 2016
Saitama from One Punch Man. Too much use of the "One Punch" joke made me dislike him. He was more of a walking meme rather than a character.

Kazuam from Konosuba. A general dick, though I don't blame him that much considering who his party members are.

Guts from Berserk. I hate everyone in the series to be honest, (exepct for Skull Knight though, he's badass) but Guts is number 1 on my list.

Akane Tsunemori from Psycho Pass. Just make Kougami the main character for fuck sake and the show is fixed. Even though I still like the anime, Akane was a major drawback.

Madoka Kaname from Madoka Magika. She's just there. Sayaka should have been the main character if you ask me. But then again, Word of God says she is even though she's more of a Decoy Protagonists who was suppose to be the MC but died half way through the show only for Madoka and Homura to take the spotlight.

For the record, I don't think that these series suck (some of them at least) but the main characters were just unbearable to watch.

Oct 26, 2018 2:28 AM

Mar 2013
a whole lot of anime unfortunately.
for me a few of them
naruto
guilty crown
re zero
beatless
black clover (way more tolerable in manga though)
genzi7Oct 26, 2018 2:36 AM
Oct 26, 2018 2:41 AM

Mar 2013
Stripes said:
lolololol I'm shocked Deku isn't in here even more then he already is.

Yeah I also wanted to mention Deku too but I get the feeling he was meant to be generally unlikable from the start so it's hard to fault him. Some probably look at him and says he has potential but I'm not entirely sure he can be remedied with maturity.
Oct 26, 2018 3:00 AM

Oct 2015
Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans (Mikazuki Augus and Orga Itsuka, along with rest of Tekkadans, are never likeable to begin with)
Gundam AGE (Flit Asuno and Kio Asuno, the former was edgelord, the latter is dumbed version of Kira Yamato)
Gundam G-Reco (Bellri Zenam, too dumb to begin with)
Mayoiga
Pupa
Black Clover (Asta, nuff said)
Oct 26, 2018 4:24 AM

Nov 2011
DRRR!!
=> Mikado and Anri are boring, Masaomi is cool though.. Please don't tell me that Celty is the real main character lol ...

Bleach
=> The series has great supporting cast and antagonist like Urahara, Kenpachi, Aizen, Gin, Ulquiorra.. It's really annoying to see Ichigo stupid power-ups again and again.. Ichigo himself as a man is not really bad though ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 26, 2018 5:24 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
genzi7 said:
Stripes said:
lolololol I'm shocked Deku isn't in here even more then he already is.

Yeah I also wanted to mention Deku too but I get the feeling he was meant to be generally unlikable from the start so it's hard to fault him. Some probably look at him and says he has potential but I'm not entirely sure he can be remedied with maturity.

Mmh didn’t catch my cynical humor huh. I won’t go on a rant. But unlikable? lol.
Oct 26, 2018 9:06 AM

Mar 2018
There are MCs I do not like but none of them ruined a show for me. I am thinking for example of Shinji. I genuinely dislike him but I still love EVA. I guess the question is, how many other characters also populate the show and whether there are enough other storylines that you can overlook the annoying MC.
Oct 26, 2018 10:20 AM

Jul 2016
Useually if the main characters are bad everything else is too.
Oct 26, 2018 10:40 AM

Dec 2017
Zehennagel said:
hah yes bland generic uninteresting main characters

-my hero academia
-fate stay night
-naruto(just for me I feel)
-re zero(though this would probably still be shit tbh)
-tokyo ghoul(though I watched it long ago I hated that main character. idk about now the show is a traiwreck)
-haikyuu
-kiseiju
-shinsekai yori(all the characters are obnoxious)
Lunilah said:
Just a 4th of my favorites are the main character. I couldn't name an anime ruined by one, in which case i think most anime could be better with main characters who were more interesting. Specifically i wish main characters weren't so ninny and baby like, Eren Yeager is a great example, he's up there.
only 1 out of my top 20 favourite character is a main character(guts) but I agree that so much animes could be so better with better protagonists.
a LOT of shonen are like that.

What did you not like about parasyte?
Oct 26, 2018 10:51 AM
Sep 2017
Idk ReZero, Guilty crown, School Days and much more
Oct 26, 2018 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
Zax1e said:
Zehennagel said:
hah yes bland generic uninteresting main characters

-my hero academia
-fate stay night
-naruto(just for me I feel)
-re zero(though this would probably still be shit tbh)
-tokyo ghoul(though I watched it long ago I hated that main character. idk about now the show is a traiwreck)
-haikyuu
-kiseiju
-shinsekai yori(all the characters are obnoxious)
only 1 out of my top 20 favourite character is a main character(guts) but I agree that so much animes could be so better with better protagonists.
a LOT of shonen are like that.

What did you not like about parasyte?
I don't remember exactly tbh it was quite some time ago but from what I remember I hated him, he had just one of those shonen generic unninteresting bland personnality, well maybe he growths after time but I couldn't stand him from what I've seen.
Oct 26, 2018 11:06 AM
Aug 2017
Well, i read some of the comments and turnsout 99% hates kirito lol. Hate male characters who are airhead (most of'em in harem) but the disgust given by that school days male MC takes the cake!
Oct 26, 2018 11:45 AM

Feb 2018
Great anime generally have good MC's , I don't hate on any of the MCs.
Though the Mc's like Kirigaya Kazuto (kirito) from SAO , Eren from SNK , Natsu from Fairy tail , Asta from Black clover and every single JoJo might be annoying at first, you either get used to them or you find an even worse MC that makes you think the previous ones are way better. If you don't like an anime MC but the story seems interesting, don't watch the anime for sometime and come back later. By this time you would have found a MC who is worse than the previous one.
Oct 26, 2018 11:55 AM
Feb 2018
Kiss Dum Engage Planet

I recently watched it, boy MC was shitty, to say decently.
Oct 26, 2018 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
I really wanted to love Now and Then, Here and There, but both, the protagonist and the villain, were the worst. And I know that the boy should represent the optimism from his modern, sheltered world in a desperated world etc. Tho he is so unbelievable and an annoying moralizer, who simplifies everyone's problem to "don't worry, it will be aaaallright!"
Still liked the anime very much.
Oct 26, 2018 1:07 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
SaltyShoebill said:
Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans (Mikazuki Augus and Orga Itsuka, along with rest of Tekkadans, are never likeable to begin with)
Gundam AGE (Flit Asuno and Kio Asuno, the former was edgelord, the latter is dumbed version of Kira Yamato)
Gundam G-Reco (Bellri Zenam, too dumb to begin with)
Mayoiga
Pupa
Black Clover (Asta, nuff said)

Regarding IBO, mikazuki shares similarities with setsuna and heero (you liked 00), so what did you hate about him?
Oct 26, 2018 1:16 PM

Dec 2015
Deadman Wonderland, BNHA and...Konosuba.
Fight me!
Oct 26, 2018 3:12 PM

Mar 2014
Mirai nikki for sure lmaoooooooooo
Oct 26, 2018 4:48 PM

Mar 2013
Tapertrain said:
There is some truth to that.
It might seem exaggerated at first but when you think about it a story usually follows and or revolves around the mc.
It's not hard for them to make or break a series in this regard.
Oct 26, 2018 4:55 PM

May 2017
Not than many titles come to mind but I guess I'd have to say Deadman Wonderland.

Also Attack on Titan isn't necessarily ruined by Eren, but I do find him a tad bit annoying.
Oct 26, 2018 4:56 PM

Mar 2016
can't think of anything right now but i do remember yuki from mirai nikki annoying the shit out of me.
Oct 26, 2018 4:57 PM

Sep 2018
Sm0ggy said:
Claymore. Although Raki isn't technically the protagonist, he's the main male character and is basically always there just for the sake of it.

God I hate that kid. It's like he only comes around to ruin any possible fun.
Oct 29, 2018 8:06 AM

May 2018
genzi7 said:
Tapertrain said:
There is some truth to that.
It might seem exaggerated at first but when you think about it a story usually follows and or revolves around the mc.
It's not hard for them to make or break a series in this regard.

Sometimes the setting and main character being pushed around by others saves the plot.
Oct 29, 2018 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
Zero no Tsukaima is the worst offender, could've been an excellent isekai fantasy anime without the two retarded protagonists. Naruto had also interesting characters... well except for the main characters who were just stupid.

I agree that Deku isn't a very likable protagonist, but I wouldn't call him garbage.
Oct 29, 2018 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly? I think I would have liked Jashin-chan Dropkick more if it wasn't by Jashin itself. The comedy is pretty okay, but what ruined my experience while watching is of course the main character... and it's a pity since the rest of the characters were actually decent (Medusa being my favorite one)
Oct 29, 2018 8:19 AM

Jul 2014
I wouldn't say they're garbage characters because I still really like the show and its characters, but Kimi ni Todoke is starting to test my patience. The last episode I finished was episode six of season two, but Sawako's thickheadedness is really starting to annoy me. It was cute during the first season, but now.....I'm just like, "damn girl think rationally for half a second". *sigh* I'm not asking that they start dating or anything. Just that they realize that they clearly care about each other.
Oct 29, 2018 8:24 AM
Mar 2016
For me it's Shirou Emiya. Whiny voice, white knight personality... he's so much worse than his dad.
Oct 29, 2018 8:25 AM
Apr 2017
Lunilah said:
Just a 4th of my favorites are the main character. I couldn't name an anime ruined by one, in which case i think most anime could be better with main characters who were more interesting. Specifically i wish main characters weren't so ninny and baby like, Eren Yeager is a great example, he's up there.

lol idk about you but tonnes of people love Eren....

In the minority
Oct 29, 2018 8:27 AM

Oct 2014
DAK-DAK-MASTA said:
Lunilah said:

lol idk about you but tonnes of people love Eren....

In the minority
Yes, you do know about me considering you quoted me on how i felt about Eren.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Nov 29, 2018 3:07 PM

May 2016
Black Clover
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL
Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS
Yu-GI-Oh GX
Karakiri Circus
Ousama Game the Animation
Cardfight Vanguard
May 13, 2022 1:33 AM

Feb 2019
Tokyo revengers

Setting is intresting but the mc sucks
May 13, 2022 5:17 AM

Aug 2019
Someone else has to have mentioned it, but holy shit, this prize goes to SAO as far as I'm concerned. If Kirito just wasn't the most shallow, sue-ish, godlike, nigh-invincible, infinitely attractive, and bland-as-omelets protagonist in that entire universe, maybe we could have gotten an actually nuanced, interesting, and multifaceted take on the prevalent theme of virtual vs real-life relationships, but nope, let's just have women froth all over him like he's the second coming of Casanova and have all his adversities be so weak that the hurdles he's jumping aren't even proverbial anymore.
May 13, 2022 5:41 AM

Jul 2021
I'll have to tentatively go for mushoku tensei. I can't say for sure I would like the world or the story without Rudeus, but he'd be capable of depleting my interest in anything that feature him as lead. Self inserts aren't necessarily that bad, unless the self is dull garbage.
May 13, 2022 5:55 AM

May 2020
Rent a Girlfriend’s pathetic mc perfectly this description doesn’t he.

Maybe try sleeping?

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

97 by APolygons2 »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

182 by StyxParadise »»
6 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

23 by Ex-Aid »»
27 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 36 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
36 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

11 by Ex-Aid »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.