Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 1, 2018 11:09 PM
May 2017
electromagneto said:
JoshsoJB said:
I looked into it, not a manga reader, and there appears to be 16 volumes of 179 chapters of :re. They could make one or two more (probably only one in Pierrot's case) seasons with the the rest of the 57 chapters right? Or am I missing something about the TG lore?
Yeah, you've mistaken it. The first 57 chapters were already adapted in the first season of Tokyo Ghoul:re last April, while the currently airing season is adapting the rest of it (122 chapters). That fact alone is enough to fuel the fans' rage.
Oooh, okay. Reading comprehension and logic went out the window on my part. That's very frustrating indeed and really stupid. How low is their budget and how little do they care about this series to treat it like this? A better, more competent studio picking up TG and giving it the FMA:B treatment in the future would be nice but that's most likely never going to happen though. Guess we'll just have to settle with this stupidly popular series receiving a less than mediocre anime adaptation that it doesn't deserve.
Nov 2, 2018 4:24 PM

Dec 2010
thebrentinator24 said:
"Instead of making things make sense let's just do 20 straight minutes of nonstop, mindless action between characters that most of our viewers have forgotten or don't know."

-The people behind this adaptation, probably.

But really, nothing seems to be making any sense so far. For instance, did they even properly build up to this Amon reveal? It seemed like that was just dropped in out of nowhere.

I remembered almost every shown character. It did not help me to feel anything. Most of them were assholes anyway. Or just underdevelopment. Naki is a brother of sadistic Jason, he cried a lot after his Aniki died. Meh. The guy who saved girl with freckles almost killed a civillian because he wanted to hit Irimi(girl with a dog/fox mask). He was an asshole. I hate Suzuya so I cheered up for the twins in the previous season. But well they made "them" a monster so I was like: can you all die already?

Tatara is a "lost potential" cause. They wasted him once again just for Takizawa antics. Meh.

Nov 5, 2018 6:35 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly, I enjoyed this season, soo many old characters is back, but I don't know why I feel that the story flow is really fast, I almost can't catch up haha...so many great inspectors and ghouls dies soo easily...I think I need more quality battle...
Nov 5, 2018 11:27 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I'm more lost than Little Red Riding Hood in New York!!!
Now the action is other localization and finally discovered the Owl identity !!! and the mad crazy doctor that create Ghouls how experiments, finally, and fortunately, died!!! kekeke
Nov 5, 2018 11:42 PM
Mar 2016
The actions cool, but the story is a complete mess. Like wtf are these V ghouls. What is the deal with the scientist...like wtf is any of this. It's all over the place to me.
Nov 6, 2018 12:12 AM

Aug 2013
Good to see this is properly getting shit on. You'd think that Pierrot would learn from their mistake after they had a "decent" first season of Tokyo Ghoul and then fucked it up with Route A. And then a "decent" first season of :re, followed by this shit fest.

I actually was calling it ahead of time that this season was going to be horrible. The second they officially announced :re2 was airing with the key visual, they announced that TK was doing the opening theme song. That was the red flag for me right there. When the first bit of info about the show on top of the teaser image is the artist doing the theme song (because unravel was insanely popular), that's not a good sign. No details on an air date, no cast announcements, no teaser vid, nothing. A picture and "HEY GUYS TK IS GONNA DO THE THEME SONG AGAIN! GETS YOU EXCITED RIGHT?!?!"
Nov 6, 2018 12:15 AM

Aug 2013
FuMomo-kun said:
What the hell is this? The timeline feels all messed up! I am really confused even though I have read the manga.

Why are they not revealing Mutsuki's gender till now? It's not even supposed to be a secret from the audience.

The first season of :re fucked that up too. In the manga after the big Madam fight where Urie accidentally stabs Mutsuki and she hugs him with her Kagune, he says plain and simple in the manga "so you really are a woman Mutsuki". Right then and there we know she's a girl. But the anime cut that line of dialogue out completely took keep it ambiguously for literally no reason.
Nov 8, 2018 7:32 AM

Jan 2009
Well, there it is. My first 1 out of 5 vote. Well done!
Nov 10, 2018 6:22 AM

Aug 2013
Feel bad for Takizawa.

Like many have stated this episode felt all over the place.

Nov 19, 2018 10:09 PM

Nov 2013
Holy shit the poll results haha. Good to know not to touch this steaming pile of shit with a 10-foot pole.

Nov 20, 2018 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
Woah. Where to start from? Hmm...: Nooo, Hachi-san!! Takizawa is badass as a half-ghoul. And finally Amon returned, after all those small suggestions from the previous episodes.

About returns, Naki's back-to-fight moment was great, haha. And even Tsukiyama joined the fight. It seems this battle involves all the most important ghouls from Tokyo.

Seriously, this episode was pure action. And I really liked it. No more confusing (for anime-only viewers) plot mysteries that weren't / aren't / won't be explained in the show. Pure action.

To be frank, I'm enjoying the fights in this cour. Apart from ghouls vs. humans conflict, I don't know what this anime is all about since the plot was messed up before, leaving viewers with many plotholes. The best thing is just to enjoy the special effects.

I read that the plot from the manga is way, way, way more complex. I can understand why many people who read Tokyo Ghoul's manga are angry at :re's anime adaptation. I can't judge, as for I haven't read this manga and I'm not planning to, but if it's true then too bad Tokyo Ghoul's anime suffers from that much of a lost potential.
Nov 22, 2018 7:08 PM

May 2014
Decent animation and cool music, but the plot was way too rushed. Jesus, keep it down for a bit. Nobody understand a shit about this. They rush it way to much, so the viewers doesn't have a clue what's going on. It's has really a bad pace. I can't believe the anime is popular in Japan (otherwise it would ended with the first season). I mean come on.
Nov 26, 2018 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
Very good episode. To many deaths but i guess they in a way deserved it. Glad to see Tsukiyama Shuu once again.

4/5
Jan 14, 2019 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
Fight here Fight there
Fight here Fight there

Living Characters die
Dead characters brought back to life

Oh, wait there's an epic fight here! Oh, wait... It's gone now...

This episode is a mess! Portraying a chaotic all-out battlefield is the goal of this episode but it just ends up as a confusing mess, especially with the appearance and disappearance of some long forgotten characters such as Amon whom just appeared outta nowhere! I didn't even bother or care about anyone if they're portrayed as such an empty shell of characters, which I'm sure the manga didn't do so
Jan 31, 2019 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Whelp, I guess we found out how Tokizawa became this way, makes a lot more sense now .
Mar 31, 2019 12:14 PM
Dec 2014
This is hot garbage
Jun 11, 2019 9:48 PM

Mar 2015
Everyone just coming out of nowhere, this is the asspull of asspulls!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 20, 2019 1:40 PM

Mar 2018
Tatara went down just like that? What a disappointment.
Dec 27, 2019 4:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What's even happening in this shit xD
Jan 19, 2020 4:16 PM

Aug 2019
Anyone else burst out laughing when Kurono mistook a fart for her sister supposedly talking?

xenosysJan 19, 2020 4:24 PM
Apr 13, 2020 12:31 AM

Jul 2015
Well these could have been some great fights and entrances of characters if only they did a proper build up towards it because more than half of this episode I was quite confused on what the fuck happened. For example what happened to the Tattara's brother and who is that? What happened to mutsuki?
Only thing I know is that CCG is raiding Aogiri's homebase

May 14, 2020 8:03 PM
Dec 2015
I have no idea what's even happening anymore. They keep killing off characters before you can even get attached to them. What am I supposed to feel?
May 26, 2020 2:50 PM

Mar 2015
JUST...

I did have some complaints with these fights in the manga but this is just ridiculous. The pacing is so fast the episode became funny, animation is mediocre as usual.

I have to admit though, that I find this entertaining in it's own way.
Jul 3, 2020 1:47 PM
Dec 2018
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO OLD TOKYO GHOUL???

I kinda stopped watching after 3rd season and now I feel like I opened completely different anime...

Why there are so many new characters who basically die immediately? Why do ghouls look completely different? I mean Nishiki has a different bikaku than he had at the beginning of the whole show???? WHY?! Why is nearly every second character one-eyed ghoul now? Why are some kagunes completely OP and weird? I mean... Where is my old Tokyo Ghoul?
Aug 18, 2020 7:48 PM
May 2020
Omg this episode was so random and over the place. Almost every scene would be a character that appeared in previous seasons, and i would go like "Oh yeah i remember this dude". But suddenly, in the next scene, a new one appeared.

Weird episode tbh.
Aug 18, 2020 7:52 PM
May 2020
I am seriously thinking about just reading the manga for this... This episode pissed me off.
Aug 29, 2020 3:36 AM

Apr 2013
Apart from the fact that this episode was so dark that I was barely able to notice anything, I had no idea who's fighting who and why I should care. I don't even know how this is related to the last episode and apparently neither Touka or Kaneki even made an appearance so far. Just horrible, one of the worst episodes I've ever seen.
Dec 29, 2020 8:02 PM

May 2020
i literally almost couldn't see anything lmao
May 13, 2021 8:34 AM

Jun 2020
In a different setting we now see on the island the CCG is still working on wiping out the Aogiri Tree

A lot of fights just scattered like that and damn It can be somehow confusing but you can still catch up the pace I would rather have long fight scenes with this, So they were experimented on and didn't have a choice what a cruel world they have to embrace

Amon is still alive as I assumed he was until now that I confirmed he's still up and running and with the return of Gourmet finally he's back as well.
Aug 29, 2021 1:35 AM

Aug 2021
Will this ever end? Are ghouls and the CCG gonna keep fighting each other forever? Is that the only option left? All those lives lost. And also hello Gourmet, I missed you.
Mar 15, 2022 10:56 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, Kurona looks so hot! She also looks better with longer hair. It will be a pleasure to die by her kagune. hehe

That counterattack from Suzuya was really cool. He's so damn fast.

Tatara defeated like that? such a disappointment.
Sep 21, 2022 10:51 PM
Aug 2021
more fighting, also Amon half ghoul what
Aug 19, 2023 3:52 PM

Sep 2020
"You're a psychopath!!!"

As if you aren't
Sep 27, 2023 5:44 AM
Jun 2022
Tokyo Ghoul sucks
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

96 by RapidPhantom »»
Mar 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

201 by Cross___ »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:55 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul re: S2 below 6.50

TakaCode - Nov 15, 2018

37 by Tanishqnigam17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.