Forum Settings
Forums

The anime that holds meaning to you, more than just a favorite.

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 22, 2018 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Nana.

I'm very attached to it as I see myself in both of the main characters. I've dealt with a lot of issues in the anime such as cheating, drug abuse, grief, etc. I can just really feel for all of the characters and understand what they're going through, as I've been there. And it was also the first non-high school romance anime I watched. It felt new and refreshing. It is also my favorite manga series.
Oct 22, 2018 1:18 PM

Sep 2013
angel beats and k-on
not nearly my favorites by damn I love them so much, both one of my first animes and I got really excited while watching it
Oct 22, 2018 1:30 PM

Feb 2010
idk what more than 'just' a favorite even means. I don't throw out the favorite label out lightly. Those are all shows I was very much emotionally involved in, that make me extremely happy and excited to watch and which brightened my day whenever I watched them. That's why I only have less than 1% of my list as 10/10s so there is no 'just' a favorite - every single one of them has been a meaningful and extremely positive and memorable experience.

I guess if I had to pick one, it'd be 3-gatsu since the topic of depression is just very personal to me and I haven't seen another anime handle it as well.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 22, 2018 1:36 PM

Jan 2016
The Tatamy Galaxy is an anime that i probably wouldn't have enjoyed ten years ago. The struggle about finding your path and if the route you choose when a crossroad appeared was the good one.
Oct 22, 2018 1:56 PM

Jul 2017
for me first time it happened would be hxh. I was so addicted to this anime and loved it so much, I remember upon finishing it thinking"when I die I wanna go to an unniverse where there are more episodes of it".
more recently (and for mangas)it would be berserk. I love it as well, and most of the time just seeing images of it(as the one in your signature) makes me feel a bit of nostalgy and "hype". hopefully it will end one day so I can finish it.
Oct 22, 2018 2:02 PM

Apr 2017
Re:Zero has very deep, personal meaning for me.

In terms of personal meaning due to profound happiness, Polar Bear Cafe, How to Keep a Mummy and Highschool Babysitters are no doubt the holy trinity.
Oct 22, 2018 2:06 PM

Apr 2017
My favorite anime is just because it has a great meaning for me and as you said, it makes me feel happy and whole.
That is Zero No Tsukaima. You also ask "Why" this anime is important to you, so here's the answer: I have no idea. I love him from my heart and I thank the author who now rests in peace for having created this story, but there is no reason how he makes me feel, he simply does it.
Oct 22, 2018 2:14 PM

Oct 2018
Shimanami Tasogare because wow the story hit me with a punch to the face with relatability. Also Yuki no Shita no Qualia for similar reasons.

Anime-wise Mob Psycho 100 made me try to better myself, I really relate to Mob's struggles, and the psychic powers were an added bonus. It's the only anime which I've given a 10, so I guess it's pretty special.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Oct 22, 2018 2:22 PM
Apr 2018
Sailor Moon is my all time favourite, although it doesn't have a "meaning": it simply started my interest in anime. Still; I LOVE IT: when I began to buy the manga I'd often pick the volumes with the 5 main on their cover sailor and hugged them. It made so happy :')...

Other one is Watamote: I've always let my head get in the way of every social interaction I've ever wanted and that's hard to overcome, so I grew up to be some kind of useless piece of flesh, always being too harsh on myself and thinking I would never be able to change. The thing is when I watched Tomoko struggling, failing to achieve even the seemingly simplest things it reminded a lot of my younger self but, and this is what mattered, I realized I had been able to overcome some of those things (for example, saying hi to cashiers/teachers/people in general). It took me so much time to discover that, I nearly cried.
Oct 22, 2018 2:27 PM

Dec 2017
steins;gate, that show is literally the most amazing thing I've ever watched
Oct 22, 2018 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
Would be, without a doubt, Aria.

Taught me to let go of my worries and to try to live in the present. I could call the show my savior tbh.
Now if only I could live there, my life would be perfect, but that is sadly not to be.
Oct 22, 2018 3:18 PM

Apr 2018
Pokemon and DBZ are the first shows that came to my mind. My fav shows from childhood, reminds me of the simpler times. They will always hold a special place.
Oct 22, 2018 3:35 PM

Jun 2013
Anohana really came out at the perfect time in my life and I can't bring myself to put anything above it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2018 8:01 PM

May 2018
BackstageMage said:
Shimanami Tasogare because wow the story hit me with a punch to the face with relatability. Also Yuki no Shita no Qualia for similar reasons.

Anime-wise Mob Psycho 100 made me try to better myself, I really relate to Mob's struggles, and the psychic powers were an added bonus. It's the only anime which I've given a 10, so I guess it's pretty special.

I think the next series ill pick up will be Shimanami Tasogare because it seems i can relate with the MC a lot....im just reluctant since im currently caught up with around 30+ manga/manhua and idk if i can add more!! and mob psycho was very relateable as well, it reminded me about when i was Mobs age damn i wish it was around back in 2013/14

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Oct 22, 2018 8:25 PM

Mar 2017
Some fourteen years ago I went to a party with a group who shared a hobby I enjoyed that my wife wasn't too crazy about. While there, some of the group turned on a cable channel and watched an anime that I thought looked interesting but had no idea what it was. A few months later, my wife asked me to give up that hobby, which would also mean those friends.

Over the next couple of years we separated and divorced. There were a lot of factors, but one result was that I got to continue pursuing that hobby.

About a year ago, I remembered watching the anime at that party. I remembered very little about it, but one detail that stuck in my mind was that one of the characters was named "Agent Paper". With that bit of information, it only took a few minutes on Google and MAL to figure out that it was R.O.D - Read or Die. I tracked it down and watched it, and thought it was one of the best anime I've seen. It couldn't have come at a better time since I'd just watched a few anime in a row that I'd been less than impressed with and was feeling rather down on the medium. This one really put the wow back in it for me.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Oct 22, 2018 8:52 PM
Aug 2018
Tsubakiaka said:
What is the Anime (or manga) that holds a place in your heart, makes you feel whole or happy? something more specific than just a favorite. and also, why?

for me, as dumb as it may sound, Gintama is something i can always go back to and regardless will feel happy again. Even scrolling through the episodes and remembering them can make a bad day better. Back when my dad passed away it was like the first thing to make me laugh aloud again, Gintama really helped me forget all the chaos surrounding my closest family members passing and all the things involving it.

I can also go back and watch very early Naruto and remember just simpler times, ya know? Same with YotsubaTo! (which literally makes me so nostalgic its painful).

please feel free to elaborate as much as needed I'm interested in what everyone has to say and would love to check out some new series! No judgement either because that's not what this thread is for.

Edit: I am reading every comment because you all have such great stories!! i just came home from work and got to read through a bunch of them

For me it will be YOUR LIE IN APRIL. Tsubakiaka, we share a similarity . The pain of losing someone you love. For me it was my mother. After my mother passed away from I couldn't do anything. I wasn't able to focus at anything. It felt like why I am doing all this, one day I have to die anyways ? On 21st June 2018 I started Your lie in April. I started it and because my sister said to me that if you don't fell like studying for or doing anything tonight do it for my sake. I could relate a lot with protagonist from the first episode. The next day I finished the anime. But the last episode touched my heart. We have to live life to its fullest. Make a lot of good memories, grow up . Of course our loved ones will leave us one day and that will leave a hole in our heart but they are always alive inside us.
All their memories are alive inside us. We all have to die one day but the most important thing is that we have no regrets when we die. Kaori changed kousei's whole life. she made him believe in himself and life to the fullest. She was able to make a place inside his heart.

Today too when I think of your lie in April I don't know why it's always the last episode and no matter what I do I always look at its brighter side and not the sad side. Sorrow will come to us in life but we have to be brave enough to accept it and move forward in life.
Oct 22, 2018 8:54 PM
Aug 2018
You just asked the question that I wanted someone to ask for months. Thanks for asking the question.
Oct 22, 2018 8:58 PM

Aug 2016
So much of my childhood and teenage years revolved around Dragon Ball and Z that I honestly feel like these shows are part of me as much my actual body parts, that's also what got me into anime in the first place.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 22, 2018 9:15 PM

Aug 2015
For me it's one piece. It's the anime that reminded me that when I was a kid, I wanted to join the Navy and for some reason I ended up forgetting and ignoring.
Boku no hero also reminds me of who I desire to be.
Another anime with a lot of impact on me was gintama, the first one that makes me laugh and recognize what I like in animes
Oct 22, 2018 9:21 PM

Dec 2017
For me it's clannad&your lie in April.
Clannad was the first anime I watched that I knew was an anime and ylia is just something that I can't help but relate to.
In manga horimiya is the only one that transcends favourite for me.
Oct 22, 2018 9:33 PM

Dec 2011
Cardcaptor Sakura etched itself into my soul when I was little; it's the series that held my hand and raised me. I feel like a lot of my philosophy on life was molded by it.
Oct 22, 2018 9:36 PM

Oct 2014
Don't think I have an Anime or Manga I care about to that extent. The ending arc to Tokyo Ghoul:re Manga did leave a pit in my stomach (out of disappointment) for weeks after it finished. It's still my favorite I've read, but I feel like my child murdered someone.
Oct 22, 2018 10:19 PM

Nov 2016
Clannad. Nothing even comes near to my connection to this show.

I can write more and more about how I'm affected by this show but I'll just try to summarize.

I watched Clannad during a serious breakdown in my life. I was even going to break. I relate to this show in almost everything. This anime almost deals with everything I lacked and dreamt of in reality: Simplicity, Love and Family. Struggling and advancing together. When someone suffer a change because of love. When you feel an ultimate aura of love because you are surrounded with beautiful and outstanding people. When there are people that you care for each other deeply. It even shows that life is beautiful with its ups and downs.

I had a climax of emotions when I watched this show I have never felt it before. I changed after I watched this show. It made me stand up once again. I decided then to struggle as it takes to reach what I seek.

About 4 other shows hit me. But for a mere thing or two. But also not even to an ounce of extent compared to Clannad. So I won't really consider them.
PynchOct 22, 2018 10:29 PM
Oct 22, 2018 10:27 PM
Aug 2015
Malevolent-Fae said:
Sangatsu no Lion: First destroyed the shelter I call my ego and then healed my wounded mind for a short while.

Berserk (97), Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Houseki no kuni: They were not only "anime shows" to me, they were experiences.

Agree with Sangatsu. It made me think about the way I (without being aware of it) was "using" my significant others without caring that much about them in return. The identification with Rei is strong with this one. In the first season, Rei uses the others to get back on his feet again, and in the second season, he supports the ones who cared for him.
I really loved the first season because it was so cozy and warm, and when the second season started to destroy the Kawamoto family, the roles were reversed, time for Rei to care for the others now that he's an adult.
Oct 22, 2018 11:42 PM

Aug 2017
Hehe nice question and now it's time for a long explaination.
More than just a favorite for me is High School DxD.
No I'm not a pervert that tries to make everything someone says sound dirty. At first, back when I was 13, I watched the High School DxD Season 1, indeed for the ecchi, don't blame me I was a 13 year old dude. This anime I followed it alone, I had no one to share it with, however it was and still is the one I enjoyed the most, the first anime I watched in a sitting. The same year High School DxD New got released, at first I didn't enjoyed it, maybe because it was the first ongoing anime that I watched and I wasn't used to waiting a week. Plus Trip Innocent of D is better than Sympathy and for me the opening is an important part of an anime. In the interlude my dad was dating a woman whose son was the same age as me and sometimes we watched it together, also with my brother that didn't liked anime but was willing to watch it with us, finally someone to share it with.
I truly enjoyed the fights, and I was mad by the fact that the ecchi was overtaking season 2, but still stayed loyal till its end in September 22, 2013.
Today's me wouldn't be too proud of 13 years old me. I was openly pervert to a point of being disgusting, and even worse I was a "nice guy" at that age. I rewatched the anime every single year and the more I rewatched it the more I liked it because I started to watch it from another point of view other than the ecchi. That was just a plus.
At 2015 BorN got released, I was a totally different person from 2 years ago. I changed school, literally to the best one in terms of quality in my country. With top quality comes arrogancy, not from me but from my group, I arrived as a cheerful dude, with good jokes in hands and stuff. My group then started calling me "the drugaddict" and I fell in their trap and allowed them to destroy who I was. I went to the total opposite, the most silent loner in the whole school, and eventually it moved to my personal life. However High School DxD BorN made me happy and it was one of the things I enjoyed the most back then, I also liked to read Lovecraft (Mostly the stories in the Necronomicon) and play League of Legends.
At this point I watched BorN more for the plot. Seykon no Qwaser thaught me that no anime was "too ecchi". Then again before finishing this anime I was another person (I was two episodes in, but I had over a year being the way I was). It all changed when during Holy Week, we were going to visit a friend of my dad, and my dad told me to be social, he wanted to see me being social. Back then I HATED talking to people for an extended period of time, it drained me, bored me and made me feel awkward, so as you can guess the anxiety didn't allowed me to sleep. Anyway next day we were there and it all just came out naturally maybe because I was well received and turned out that some of my classmates were there too and pretty rare but they were nice to me. That day I learned that I actually was capable of doing it, I was capable of being myself without worrying about others. So after Holy Week and back to school, I slowly started to change and became a very social person eventually, that year and a half of solitude thaught me that being alone wasn't a bad thing so if someone didn't liked my company, I had myself anyway. I kept going that way till today with some changes to my pickiness after learning that having a small amount of actual good friends is better than having a lot of contacts.
Then nowadays during Hero, I'm who I am today and totally happy that way. This was the season I felt the most, I wasn't that sentimental back then, but now atleast when watching anime I am. So I lived this last season.

Now why High School DxD? Because I grew up with it, every season I watched was being watched by "another person" and to this day I will enjoy it more than any other anime.
Oct 22, 2018 11:44 PM

Sep 2018
For me it would have to be Steins;gate. Before watching it I had only seen 3 other anime: Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super and Food Wars. All of these anime I liked but I always felt like there was something missing.

Steins;gate is so dear to me because it was the first piece of film and TV to ever make me cry. It made me realise the potential of what could be accomplished in anime and without it I wouldn't watch anime nearly as much as I do today.

Oct 23, 2018 12:08 AM

Dec 2013
mwalimu said:
Some fourteen years ago I went to a party with a group who shared a hobby I enjoyed that my wife wasn't too crazy about. While there, some of the group turned on a cable channel and watched an anime that I thought looked interesting but had no idea what it was. A few months later, my wife asked me to give up that hobby, which would also mean those friends.

Over the next couple of years we separated and divorced. There were a lot of factors, but one result was that I got to continue pursuing that hobby.

About a year ago, I remembered watching the anime at that party. I remembered very little about it, but one detail that stuck in my mind was that one of the characters was named "Agent Paper". With that bit of information, it only took a few minutes on Google and MAL to figure out that it was R.O.D - Read or Die. I tracked it down and watched it, and thought it was one of the best anime I've seen. It couldn't have come at a better time since I'd just watched a few anime in a row that I'd been less than impressed with and was feeling rather down on the medium. This one really put the wow back in it for me.

Damn...now there's a significant personal experience with an anime. Nice, bro.
Oct 23, 2018 12:35 AM
Jul 2018
HxH is the anime i truly care.

I'll never forget My Boi NETERO. RIP.
Oct 23, 2018 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
Neon Genesis Evangelion. Although I really liked it it's not my favorite and it was a pain in the ass to finish but it's for the same reason as to why I name it here. You see, my stepdad was, and still is, struggling with severe depression to the point he had to go to a mental hospital. Shinji reminds me so much of him it's almost painful. His relation with his own dad is just as bad and he's also constantly trying to prove himself towards everyone around him. Even now that he's close to getting out of that mental hospital he still has a long way to go and there are probably some things that will never go away completely as his upbringing (by a father who is as mentally unstable as himself) and his own low intelligence don't allow it.

Princess Tutu for the same reason, but from a different perspective. It's almost a testament to the people who have to live with someone who is in a depression or has another acute mental problem while not entirely being the most confident yourself (due to a very bad youth I have some major self esteem issues). It's just as the depression itself: if you never experience it you don't know how hard it is. It inspired me to write my own story about this topic. It's nowhere near complete as I'm a major procastrinator but still writing does soothe me.
Oct 23, 2018 4:33 PM

May 2016
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D'S BECAUSE CARD GAMES ON MOTERCYCLES!!!
Oct 23, 2018 4:41 PM

Aug 2009
Nowhere near close to the way that people are picking their favorites, but Ikkitousen showed me that a show doesn't have to be "good" in order to be entertaining, and that the elitists of the world need to shut the fuck up, myself included with how many times I've said "fuck harems" at this point.

Oct 23, 2018 4:43 PM

Oct 2015
hunter x hunter
it was the first anime that i really fell in love with, i thought the story and characters were amazing and it will probably be the only shounen i like.
⠀‧⠀

Oct 23, 2018 5:01 PM

Aug 2012
Sailor Moon is very special to me. It was present in hard times of my life, making the atmosphere light and soft with vivid colors, humor and emotion. I love to see the transformations every now and then, watch my fave scenes... It somehow represents my childhood, I guess. Fantasy when I needed to protect myself from horrible moments.

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) appeared in my life when I really started to grow up as a teen going to adulthood. Even more because thanks to it, I discovered what love and attraction really meant, since the first person that liked me was in the same fandom. It made my emotions flow like crazy in every sense. I also met many people, learned to sing, cosplayed, travelled... It represents a very happy part of my teenager years.

Bungou Stray Dogs was already fun to me since the anime started, two years ago. But this year, it somehow softened a part of my life that seemed to end in suicide very soon, at the time (Ironic, isn´t it?) I paid more attention on the fandom, since the anime was dubbed, the movie came to my city and the manga is going to be released... "How could I forget? This is so damn cool!" I thought. Since then, I started to do physical stuff that I gave up before and I want a boyfriend to share every nice thing I´m feeling, now. I guess it represents my growth as an adult, finally.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Oct 23, 2018 5:43 PM

Oct 2012
talked about it on this forum many times before, but yuyu hakusho always. Saw it when I was 8 and couldn't believe my eyes, such a violent and cool cartoon. Got to watch it in full finally when I was 11 when I discovered what anime was, then watched it again as a teenager and once more as a young adult. every time i love it so much. so many fucking memories from so many different periods of my life. recently watched the opening again for the first time in years and can confirm that I full on cried
Oct 23, 2018 6:15 PM

Nov 2016
Guess I'll go through most of the stuff currently on my favourites list. (Grab some popcorn cus you might be reading for a while.)

--JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (counting both entries for this: season 1 and season 4)

I started JoJo back in January for the 2018 AWC. I'd known about it for a while previously because of the memes, though I'd always thought it would be a "so-bad-it's-good" anime. When I started watching it, I immediately fell in love with the art and, a few episodes in, the story also captivated me. Ever since I've watched the anime three times (season 1 4 times!) as well as having read the manga (in the middle of rereading it right now). It's difficult to say just what exactly I love about it... the humour, the characters, the fights, the zest, the poses, the memes, the heart the creator poured into it... everything I guess? I know the fandom doesn't exactly have a great reputation but I love the rowdiness and memery to bits, it feels like all our souls are connected in some way I suppose ^_^

--Free!
I've related to this anime so much since first watching it; even though I can hardly believe it myself, Free! also got me interested in the slice-of-life/sports genres. It's got a reputation as a fanservice-y anime with no substance, it's been labelled as fujobait, boring, awful, etc... I've just connected deeply with all the characters emotionally so I don't understand how people see it as shallow. It's all a matter of perspective I suppose.

--3-gatsu no Lion
Best slice-of-life I've ever seen. I relate to and care so much for the characters it's incredible. I still need to watch the second season but holy crap, it left such an impact on my heart :')

--Lovely★Complex
Sets the example for my ideal type of rom-com. I normally hate rom-coms; all the misunderstandings, annoyingly shy characters and usual tropes irritate me to no end, but this anime has barely any of that. It guides the romance so naturally and adorably my heart can't help but beat faster every time I see them work things out together!

--Wolf Children
This tore my heart out and remains the greatest anime film I've ever seen to this day. It's my idea of a perfect film.

--Mushishi
Incredibly relaxing and easy to watch. Seriously, I could watch it all day and never get tired of it. It's like listening to ASMR and calming music all at once. Great for the soul.

--Arakawa Under the Bridge
Another adorable rom-com that focuses more on the comedy than the romance this time. I know a lot of people don't talk about it or care about it much, but it warms my heart to watch it every so often :)

I would add some more/make this coherent but it's 2am and I'm tired so that'll have to do for now.
currently: doing my best!

Oct 24, 2018 1:40 AM

Dec 2016
When I was a young preteen I watched Blood+, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Inuyasha on adult swim and I'd say those all greatly affected me.. I had always watched anime growing up via saturday morning cartoons and whatnot, but those 3 were the anime anime that really got me into it as an art form and resulted in me still being a weeb over a decade later lol-
I was a very shy and antisocial child with no friends but FMA and Inuyasha allowed me to escape and feel like I was in a fantasy world and yknow I was the type to love role playing and I would often run around my room making sound effects and slashing an invisible sword saying "wind scar!" and I vividly remember one night when my family visited my distant grandma's house and I was bored by all the adult talk so I ignored them by playing in the driveway and clapping my hands together and touching my palm down on the concrete to 'transmute' things.. hahaha I thought I was so cool xD
(and while I'm on the subject I just remembered another one that really touched me: I was obsessed with the Pokemon Lucario movie ever since it premiered on cartoon network and I remember closing my eyes and running on my tiptoes with my arms behind me like lucario and pretending to sense aura for weeks after I saw it lmao, and to this day I do still find a lil inspiration in that and other pokemon movies tbh :'))

And I mentioned the escapism and roleplay and general *cool* shonen fantasy feel FMA and Inuyasha gave me, but of course I liked them for more than just the atmosphere, I also loved the story and all the characters, but for the one that's story and characters probably had the most meaning to me that would be Blood+. I'm not even sure why but it just felt so deep and touching to me and I remember being so invested in every episode and I even had dreams where I imagined myself as Saya, and although I was slightly older when I watched it and did less of the kid-like pretending, I did have a sudden interest in collecting any type of toy katana and would still make the motion of cutting my hand on it to charge it with my blood when no one was looking, and I started seeing symbolism everywhere in blue roses and pretty much everything with a red(pink)/blue color scheme in general, and come to think of it I think I even started playing cello for school in like 5th grade because I was inspired by Hagi playing it...
And speaking of the music, that is probably the main way the series still affects me today. After the initial run on tv Blood+ eventually left my mind but then I started rewatching it around the time I dropped out of college, and I took it to mind to memorise all the OP songs this time around.. and of course I enjoyed the show just as much as I did when I was a kid but this time I had the added meaning of all the song lyrics to inspire me, which they did; over the next few years I hit my peak of depression from being a general neet failure but the lyrics to the first OP Aozora no Namida helped me cope with my feelings and remember that it gets better, especially this part:

And I still listen to the songs from all of the shows I already mentioned sometimes and they make me happy and give me that nostalgia of the many times I spent watching (and rewatching) all of them :)

But another anime that holds a big meaning to me more than just a favorite is the whole Dragon Ball franchise.

I vaguely remember being like 4 and watching the original Dragonball series with my grandma, and I think we watched a lil of the android saga on tv too, and when I was an older kid I watched DBZ Kai every saturday morning when it finally aired on the non-cable channels and my siblings and I bonded a lil bit over it (my younger brother and I would go around the house singing Dragon Soul all day and our mom thought it was so funny how I always corrected him on the lyrics), and I remember playing budokai with my brother too back on the ps2 and various other things- basically dbz was all over my childhood :D

And then more recently I got back into it by watching the TFS abridged parodies on youtube a few years ago which led me to rewatch Kai again and start watching Super and now, just like I bonded with my gma and bro back in the day I now watch new dubbed episodes of Dragon Ball Super every week with my mom and have successfully converted her into a fan to the point that she even cosplayed with me at comic con to go meet the voice actors from the show so it's just been a whole family experience and that makes me really happy so in that way I'd definitely say DB means more to me than just one of my favorite anime as well :) and oh gosh I ended up writing way more than I thought I would oops sorry for the incoherent walls of text lmao
mirp448Oct 24, 2018 1:45 AM
Oct 24, 2018 1:48 AM
Mar 2017
For me It's One Piece!! ♥
Whenever I have nothing to do,I watch clips of One Piece!!
Oct 24, 2018 2:08 AM

Jun 2017
Bleach.

It may be one of those mainstream-esque shonen jump series, but it is the very first anime I've watched back when I was only 7 years old. It aired on national TV, thankfully with subtitles, and it was THE series which got me so invested into anime in the first place. The very first arc felt so damn epic at that age, and Ichigo's fight against Byakuya kept me at the edge of my seat, even when I came to revisit it so many years after. It holds a special place in my heart, as it was my first real way to escape the real world and just indulge in fantasizing and my own imagination to distract me from all the bad things which were happening.

Also it procured my first waifu, Yoruichi.

Lord praise dark skinned anime girls.
Oct 24, 2018 2:19 AM

Nov 2017
Naruto

even naruto contain a lot of fillers.. its probably causes by Kishimoto rushes the series, so there were lot of plot holes on the anime itself...i read the manga since 2009, i read it from firts volume till catch the latest chapter... i dont mind with filler cause it fill my curiosity about something that remain unrevealed even the last chapter of the manga.
Now Loading.....
Oct 24, 2018 2:21 AM
Dec 2017
Clannad show me that sometimes you have the right to count on others
Oct 24, 2018 4:31 AM

Jul 2017
drangon ball Z
toradora
shokugeki no souma
danmachi
oregairu
sakurasou no pet na kanojo
hataraku maou-sama!
trinity seven

Oct 24, 2018 4:35 AM

Jan 2016
Tamayura.
the nostalgic vibe just soften my heart so much. It's like my lullaby and a stress reliever
Oct 24, 2018 7:38 AM
Oct 2017
Gintama. Soecial to me. Can’t say anything else in mere words.
Oct 24, 2018 8:09 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I mean "favorites" are essentially for me Anime that I highly enjoyed and might re-watch In future.

There are bunch of Anime that felt personal, but only few of them got spot in my favs.
Oct 24, 2018 8:15 AM
Sep 2016
One Piece will always be my fav of all time. The drama, characters, fights. It can make me laugh, hype and cry. A lot of memories in it. Second would be Berserk. Bcs it similar to OP at some points, except the gore
Oct 24, 2018 8:39 AM

Mar 2016
Definitely, Zaregoto series. (Actually, it's a light novel, but that counts right?)

I like how they portray the main hero (boku) as a talentless good-for-nothing guy who is always surrounded by talented individuals and can't help but feel envy to them. It kinda holds a certain level of similarity with my own situation. Also, the unreliable narration is just spectacular.

Ne: Dreamy Kid
Fi: Edgelord
Te: Shit-talker
Si: Borderline OCD
Oct 24, 2018 9:31 AM
Aug 2018
Its not exactly an Anime that's more then a favorite but it is styled like one, does Kingdom Hearts count?
Oct 24, 2018 9:33 AM

Nov 2017
It is clannad and fairy tail. They are very close to my heart. These anime has really helped me a lot
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Oct 24, 2018 9:35 AM

Nov 2017
ThatOnePervyDude said:
Clannad show me that sometimes you have the right to count on others
but That others is really hard to find isn't it?
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Oct 24, 2018 9:47 AM

Mar 2014
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou has this scene in one of the episodes close to the ending where two characters are in the rain shouting things like "you did your best" and such. Hopefully that's vague enough to not be a spoiler while allowing other people to recognize what I mean, but that moment hit me hard.

Reality doesn't always reward your hard work and you may end up in a place where you don't know if you'll ever catch up to the greatest talents of the world, but sharing the pain with just one other person who understands exactly how hard you worked and how much you're suffering can become the one thing that keeps you going.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Yesterday

125 by Marloges »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » From what side of the neck do you enjoy being bitten by your vampire master?

Catalano - 8 hours ago

9 by traed »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 3 hours ago

10 by iThink »»
30 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

89 by MyFriendIbis »»
34 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

971 by wedsa5 »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.