Forum Settings
Forums

The anime that holds meaning to you, more than just a favorite.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Oct 24, 2018 1:30 PM
Violet Evergarden is for sure more than just my favorite anime.

Oct 24, 2018 1:46 PM

For me it’s Death Note. I’ve watched it multiple times, and I love the character development of Light. There’s a lot you can take away from it and you can analyze a lot in the story and characters.

More recently though, I’ve found Mo Dao Zu Shi. I’ve been so invested in this story, reading the novel, manhua and listening to the audio drama. (Rewatching the donghua right now) I literally love all of the characters, they make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Lies. Lies. Lies.Lies. Lies. Lies.

Oct 24, 2018 1:49 PM

I don't really think there's any to me. Closest probably Monogatari Series since I love everything about it, but even that one I wouldn't say holds a "higher meaning" to me

Oct 24, 2018 2:37 PM

memes4moms said:
Azumanga Daioh. Osaka really hit home for me and made me more motivated to do my best even if I was slower than others. It helped me through some tough times too. It felt so genuine and heartfelt too.

Oh, someone else who likes Azumanga Daioh a lot!

Mine is ofc Azumanga Daioh, one of the first anime I saw as a kid and I loved it (and I've seen it at least 12 more times since), at the time when I was young I could really relate to the character of Sakaki and she's still my favorite character in anime to this day. These days I don't relate nearly as much to Sakaki since I've changed a lot and grown over the years but the character is definitely not the only reason I love Azumanga Daioh, it's funny, adorable and has great OST.

I've seen a few people here mention Yotsuba to! As their favorite manga which is also by the king Kiyohiko Azuma.

Oct 24, 2018 3:02 PM
Forum Moderator
Bot Hunter

Evangelion partially shaped my outlook on life.
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed those two dead boys

Oct 24, 2018 4:03 PM

I grew up watching Hunter x Hunter (1999) and then later on I got obsessed with the 2011 reboot. There is something so unique about this show and its characters that has made me adore it for so many years. I don't think I'll ever love a show and all its characters as much as I love HxH.

Oct 24, 2018 4:09 PM

It would be Saga of Tanya the Evil. It holds meaning to me because everything seems to be against her. She has to fight the odds and stay alive. Also being x seems to put her into situations to defeat her. However she is determined to overcome all odds
"Never Give Up Without A Fight" By Zuko

Oct 24, 2018 4:14 PM

Not an anime, it's a mange. Undercurrent. Because humans being unable to really know and understand each other is one of my big obsessions in life.

Oct 24, 2018 4:23 PM

akira. i watched it for the first time in college, right on my first semester, and it was my way back to anime culture and it was the first time i saw any animation whatsover being treated and a valid artistic medium, which led to me becoming a researcher in the field. it's also amazing etc but it was important to me as a student as well as a fan
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]

Oct 24, 2018 4:28 PM

Rurouni Kenshin was the first anime I was a fan of, but it also helped me to recognize an unhealthy friendship, which eventually led to us falling out. Had I not watched it, my middle school years would have been a lot unhappier.

Second one would be Durarara!! since it's one of the rare cases where I love literally everyone (except for maybe Shizuo) in the cast. I love all the quirky characters. It's also my bf's favorite anime and I've experienced living in one of the major districts of Tokyo myself... It has a lot of good things going for it, even if story quality is rather uneven.
My condolences to KyoAni #PrayForKyoani

Oct 24, 2018 8:25 PM

Don't you think it make sense for people to place shows on their favorites list, because they hold a very special place on them?

I get the point of the thread, but I couldn't help but scratch my head for a moment.

Oct 24, 2018 9:20 PM

Clannad and Major, shows that just get me and have taught me some important lessons.

Oct 25, 2018 1:26 AM

Mastergold said:
Don't you think it make sense for people to place shows on their favorites list, because they hold a very special place on them?

I get the point of the thread, but I couldn't help but scratch my head for a moment.

That may be true for some but not all.
the shows on my favorite dont all hold importance to me. there are a few shows i have emotional attachment to that are not ones im extremely fond of. but then again your profile is normally something for quick viewing of others so normally you cant explain in detail why each of the things listed on your favorite list is on there.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
"I am not sure if it was just a dream.
My distant boyhood.
Buried memories from the days of early spring."-Guts

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Oct 25, 2018 1:32 AM

I've already said the same thing in another thread but I might as well copy and paste it.

Clannad and Afterstory. It's my favourite because it changed my perspective on life. The flow of time. Time is always moving, it never stops. The town is always changing.
It made me appreciate the small things in life because time will make even the small things different soon enough. It taught me a lot of other things too but Im too tired to remember and type it out, but it is an anime that holds meaning to me.

Oct 26, 2018 2:11 PM

Kuroko No basket and some of the characters in HxH.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]