Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 21, 2018 4:18 PM

Jan 2017
need somewhere to express this idea

i find myself looking for any hint of comedic side, due to this show, when going through the mundane parts of living. when going through things like traffic, finding work, or being hungry; i picture myself as how the gang goes through their many adversities.

this show helps me put the “struggles” in life into perspective. it has taught me to not take things too heavily, and to find the funny side in life. mugen and fuu do this more so than jin, though sometimes comedic relief is provided by him.

to find the funny side in a situation where there is any degree of adversity not only slightly relieves the pain when going through an experience, but also makes you internalize the situation you’re in. what i mean by this is that typically in the face of adversity, the first thing is to outwardly express resentment. this can come in the form of action or verbal expression. anger is what im trying to depict here. to illustrate further, if someone cuts you off, you are likely to curse or attempt to get back at them. to make this situation funny is to take the weight of the situation away, and to view it objectively. the “anger is a hot coal” idiom arises in my mind. you hurt yourself and others with anger.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Akral - Sep 17, 2007

67 by Buzz-1 »»
Apr 18, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cero - Oct 20, 2008

373 by ZeyadxMoustafa »»
Apr 2, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

186 by plus_SlamDunk »»
Mar 28, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

142 by CyrahOmega »»
Mar 18, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RyanBebop - Feb 22, 2010

55 by GingZ »»
Mar 15, 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.