Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 21, 2018 2:01 AM

Basically my question. By public I mean anywhere where there are tons of strangers like in subways or train stations or bus stops where often random strangers sit next to you in waiting and possibly get a glance or two at whatever activity you're doing on you device/phone. If you're watching anime, take any demographic genre, whether it be pg or 18+ or anything. Lets say he's a total normie what kind of reaction do you get? Do they initiate a conversation with you or give a weird reaction? If yes what kind? Or you try to cover your screen in such a way only you can see?

Oct 21, 2018 2:08 AM

No, why would i ever do something like that.

Oct 21, 2018 2:10 AM

I can't even watch anime while people are in the same room. I really fckn hate it to watch or listen to anything while people are in the same room.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.

I don't ever watch anime in public..

Swagernator said:
No, why would i ever do something like that.

do you mean covering the screen or watching anime in public?

Oct 21, 2018 2:11 AM

Only like an episode or two if I feel inclined to watch it.
Usually, I just prefer watching it at home.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 21, 2018 2:13 AM

No, I prefer to watch anime on my TV-screen and not in a loud train on my phone.
----------

Oct 21, 2018 2:15 AM

_MushiRock11_ said:

what if you are really hyped up for a certain series and the next episode comes and you to wait for hours to get home and you have nothing to do while waiting?

Oct 21, 2018 2:16 AM

Pylia said:
No, I prefer to watch anime on my TV-screen and not in a loud train on my phone.

let's say you have noise cancelling earphones/headphones then?

Oct 21, 2018 2:18 AM
aidoru material

never

I can only focus when im in an ideal environment with a minimum amount of noises

Oct 21, 2018 2:20 AM
Slumber

Don't have the attention span in public tbh. If I did I would, otherwise I don't mind watching videos covering anime since that keeps my attention.

Life happens wherever you are,
whether you make it or not.

Oct 21, 2018 2:21 AM

I think I'm the only one who does that. But so far I didn't get any weird reaction from my friends or any strangers. Also the fact that there is practically no one knows what anime means or the existence is unknown to them in my region. Although there are very few people I met know about anime but never watched any.

Oct 21, 2018 2:22 AM
I have to watch it on the train, because I don't have time at home

Oct 21, 2018 2:24 AM

Dex_Lionhart said:
Pylia said:

let's say you have noise cancelling earphones/headphones then?

I already have. My main issue lies within the hectic a train can have - people go in/out, sit next to you/get up for the next station - you get what I mean.
Also, the problem with my big screen not being available is another pretty huge factor.
----------

Dex_Lionhart said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

what if you are really hyped up for a certain series and the next episode comes and you to wait for hours to get home and you have nothing to do while waiting?

Obviously, I’d watch it then. Like I said, an episode or two if I’m really inclined to.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

No.
Dex_Lionhart said:
Do they initiate a conversation with you or give a weird reaction?

This is what am i trying to avoid. I don't feel comfortable with strangers talking or asking about anime or my hobby and somewhat i don't like people giving me a weird reaction like im a weirdo, either. I figured that out because i was doing that. Watching anime in public.

Oct 21, 2018 2:26 AM

Yeah, I was watching Fate/Zero and the girl sitting beside me was staring at me with a peculiar look. I felt bad for her tbh. She has yet to know the divine realm of anime. I bet she only watches Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc.

Emilia-tan is a goddess!

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan ;)

Oct 21, 2018 2:28 AM

swirlydragon said:
Yeah, I was watching Fate/Zero and the girl sitting beside me was staring at me with a peculiar look. I felt bad for her tbh. She has yet to know the divine realm of anime. I bet she only watches Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc.

Yup feels bad for normies sometimes

Oct 21, 2018 2:34 AM

xShinigami3125 said:
I can't even watch anime while people are in the same room. I really fckn hate it to watch or listen to anything while people are in the same room.

yeah that was me when I started watching anime other than the big three shonen or in other people's perspective cartoons. But time passed and grew accustomed to watch it in presence of other people.

Oct 21, 2018 2:37 AM
I just can't . When I see an anime I want to focus entirely on it. I just can't focus on nnime when I'm in public because of all the hustle near me. I can't watch it even if I want to .

Oct 21, 2018 2:37 AM
I have watched anime in public quite often and the truth is nobody gives a damn about what you are doing or anything and that is the way it should be.

Oct 21, 2018 2:46 AM

I don't watch ecchi so I wouldn't care if anyone was looking at what I'm watching but being outside makes me uncomfortable enough not to use my phone in crowded places.

It's better this way.
A little lonelier,
but better.

delivery x last.fm

Oct 21, 2018 3:00 AM

When I was in a hospital, waiting for my turn, I watched anime via my phone because I was totally bored and getting bored is one of the feelings that I totally despise. Anyway, I never tried to hide my phone and they're not weirded out or talked to me on what I'm watching.

Besides, there are times I watched anime on a net cafe and that considers as a public place so I'm used to it. They're not giving me weird looks or other negative shit since anime isn't really disgraced that much on my country.

Oct 21, 2018 3:08 AM
Honestly, ı am watching anime in public. Sometimes in school. My friends thigs ı am watching "child cartoons" but when ı show them they will love it. One day our teacher opened "one piece"in lesson djkckd our school loving animes...

Oct 21, 2018 3:10 AM

I usually don't, unless it's a show I really like. I only watch anime outside if no one else is around and I always try to cover the screen.

Oct 21, 2018 3:11 AM
Forum Moderator
No, this is something I like to do at home. Besides, when I'm outside I'm out for work, doing errands or just hanging out with people. There's no point for me to watch outside.

Oct 21, 2018 3:15 AM

I only go outside if I have a reason to so Im usually busy just doing what I need to do, but if I was somehow bored outside I would watch anime idgaf, but i've never done it because Ive never really thought about it or had time to do it outside.

Oct 21, 2018 3:18 AM

CoreFinder said:
I have watched anime in public quite often and the truth is nobody gives a damn about what you are doing or anything and that is the way it should be.

Yes that is way it's supposed to be but some nosy strangers judge you and give you their unnecessary opinions. That's a pretty bad mentality which is outdated yet it still exists for some reason

Oct 21, 2018 3:19 AM

The audio is barely audible so I'll watch sports, read guides, game discussions etc. I think watching anime makes people think like you're soft and so they are not afraid to judge you.

Oct 21, 2018 3:20 AM

No,it's like masturbating in front of your parents

Oct 21, 2018 3:20 AM
swirlydragon said:

Well, u dont need to feel bad for her. She's just a 3D being who doesn't belong in our realm
Profile views make me feel loved

Oct 21, 2018 3:21 AM
</overrated>

Almost always watch anime on the bus when my battery life allows it.

swirlydragon said:

Well, u dont need to feel bad for her. She's just a 3D being who doesn't belong in our realm
Profile views make me feel loved

how can people watch anime (or any other tv show or movie) by a tiny phone, I'll never get it

I can't focus if strangers are staring at me.

Oct 21, 2018 3:24 AM
Sure do. If I'm on a train commuting to some place or waiting at the doc's or anything else that I know will take more than 20 mins, then I'll watch anime if I'm in the mood, I have a good pair of NC headphones too, I can't hear anything unless someone screams 10 cms away from my ear if I'm focused on watching.

Best is probably when I go take some star-trails pics, a couple of hours to watch stuff, although it's not exactly in places where plenty of people gather.

Oct 21, 2018 3:25 AM

I do. The bus was a valueable asset while watching Gintama.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Oct 21, 2018 3:26 AM
No i don't and im not planing doing it.

Oct 21, 2018 3:34 AM
Dex_Lionhart said:
CoreFinder said:

Yes that is way it's supposed to be but some nosy strangers judge you and give you their unnecessary opinions. That's a pretty bad mentality which is outdated yet it still exists for some reason

I am lucky I have never faced any weird reactions from strangers but still I make it sure that I don't end up watching any ecchi anime otherwise it will definitely raise some eyebrows and they can't be blamed in that situation.

Oct 21, 2018 3:37 AM

No, that's weird. Even I avoid watch anime while people are in my room.
Life has no meaning.

Oct 21, 2018 3:40 AM

MrAwesome2018 said:
I can't focus if strangers are staring at me.

This one fits the bill. A like from me 👍

Oct 21, 2018 3:40 AM

I read manga or light novel on my phone in public.
Anime? Nope never.

Oct 21, 2018 3:44 AM
君を笑いに来た

If it's easily accessible on my phone and I have a pair of earphones, sure why not.
I tend to read manga in public more though.

Oct 21, 2018 3:45 AM

It’s difficult to concentrate with other people around so I avoid it
Modified by FireballKnuckle, Oct 21, 2018 3:50 AM

Oct 21, 2018 3:48 AM

yes, I watch anime while driving

ofcourse not, who the fu*k watching anime in public?? even i have never seen anyone watching anime in public.
TOP 10 N WORDS

why does my favorite anime always not get a new season?,
but why anime that I hate always get a new season?

Oct 21, 2018 3:51 AM

yea of course its pretty common in my country
#PrayForKyoAni

Oct 21, 2018 3:57 AM

81Koyomi_Araragi said:
I read manga or light novel on my phone in public.
Anime? Nope never.

yeah seems like reading manga is more common than watching anime

Oct 21, 2018 4:03 AM

Arkab said:
how can people watch anime (or any other tv show or movie) by a tiny phone, I'll never get it

well I do carry a huge phone for gaming and entertainment purposes while have a separate tiny phone for calls. And my usual routine is mostly outdoors since I'm a high school student and commuting through trains is half of the day I experience. So that makes even less time actually being at home. So can't really open a Laptop and watch anime while waiting at the train station...

Oct 21, 2018 4:04 AM

CoreFinder said:

I've had the exact same experience. Nobody cares what I'm watching.

I watch anime in buses, trams, trains etc. almost every day and only once has some guy asked me what I was watching. It had nothing to do with his reaction to me watching anime, he was just trying to pick me up. Since he had no interest in anime whatsoever, he quickly started talking about something else.

Oct 21, 2018 4:08 AM
No.
But sometimes I show other friends of mine (if they ask or it comes in conversation and I currently have that episode) a specific scene (usually actio
n).

I watch anime on my pc or phone.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »