Forum Settings
Forums

Are you capable of watching anime with sad endings?

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Oct 23, 2018 6:47 AM

They're the best. I like it when my favorite anime makes me suffer.

Oct 23, 2018 6:58 AM

Why should I avoid an anime because it's emotional? I don't get it.
If the animes ending makes me cry that just proves that the anime has succeeded in making the watcher feel more attached to the series or characters. In my eyes making me cry at the ending is better than not.

Oct 23, 2018 7:04 AM

Tanmay_Hedaoo said:

'The version of me that lives within you must be amazing. She can understand everything, even if you don't explain it to her'

Oct 23, 2018 7:18 AM

QbNn_Linus said:
If the animes ending makes me cry that just proves that the anime has succeeded in making the watcher feel more attached to the series or characters.

Agreed. I'm constantly looking for anime which can make me cry because of the same reason. There were only a few anime which made me cry and the ones that did usually leave me with big impression and go to my favorites.

Oct 23, 2018 7:28 AM
well im crying when watching anohana, i feel sorry for my beard

Oct 23, 2018 8:05 AM
Yes since I enjoy dark shows in general. And sad endings dont really bug be and often times they properly end the story with sad endings. But there are sad endings that weaken shows. And sometimes it looks like there will be a sad ending but then the ending becomes happy. If you want to see a good example watch How Not To Summon A Demonlord.

Oct 23, 2018 8:16 AM
I can't think off the top of my head of anime I've watched that had clear-cut sad endings, to be honest. Not like I actively avoid them, I just read the synopsis and look at the tags usually, so "sad ending" is hardly something I'll know about from the get go.

What would be the best "sad ending" anime out there?
bondtux said:

- i dont watch ever watch angel beats. i just watch some.. uhhhhh.. what was is it? conspiracy? complication? ahhh right compilation..
i've watch some compilation video about this anime like there is no another anime to be compilated... after watch a ton of compilation about how funny angel beats was... there is compilation how kanade and yui dies in the end... so i discouraged to watch this anime... it just like drink a fine taste of wine but in the end you'll get drunk and fall.
No idea about the others but angel beats is not sad. Or rather, it could be if the characters were fully fleshed out but I watched the ending (appallingly inconsistent as it is) and my whole reaction was "meh-mkay", not something to start crying for days for, all in all.
Modified by Kurgo, Oct 23, 2018 8:21 AM

Oct 23, 2018 12:11 PM

I don't really care, honestly, But I do have my criticims.

Spoilers

Oct 23, 2018 12:28 PM

Only if the sadness has meaning. Misery for the sake of just having it included is annoying, or if the meaning could have been there without the tragedy (ex. Shigatsu)

Oct 23, 2018 1:13 PM

When I start watching an anime, I try to avoid all spoilers. Thus 90% of the time I know nothing about the ending. I always cry my eyes out when the ending is sad, though. I used to get mad or really upset, but I realized that a sad ending is much more realistic than happy ones. So it doesn't bother me as long as it wraps up the story in a good way.

Oct 23, 2018 3:15 PM

nothing I love more than a bittersweet ending. Afterall, the fact that something is ending at all is sort of bittersweet anyways
come with me empty human

Oct 23, 2018 3:20 PM

People actually tend to give bonus mark for sad ending.
Like without it, they'd give an 8, and with sad emo / death scene, they bump it to 9 if it makes them cry. People love emotional stuff.

Oct 23, 2018 3:47 PM
no, i suck with emotional stuff this is why i'm put off from watching clannad and wannna watch it so bad but i find it embarassing when i cry

Oct 23, 2018 4:32 PM

I won't know if an anime has a sad ending until I watch the ending, so obviously yes.

Oct 23, 2018 5:10 PM

Yes. Lots and lots of good anime have bittersweet endings. It´s normal and also part of everyone´s life. Anime aren´t just flowers and candy. The sad ones can be frustrating, but... Oh, well. We gotta know the ending.

Oct 23, 2018 6:57 PM
What got me into anime was your lie in April. I was like damn this was good but also pretty sad. I didn't cry and thought that I would never cry watching an anime. After I watched that I googled " best saddest anime" and found clannad. Nearly made it until the end before I started crying haha.

Sad anime are my favourite type of anime.

Oct 23, 2018 8:58 PM

Not really, I tend to put them on my On-Hold list for as long as I could care. It feels terrible watching endings, let alone sad ones. Not for me.

Oct 24, 2018 5:10 AM

Yeah but it's not easy if that's your favourite character dying for example

Oct 24, 2018 6:16 AM

I usually avoid them but sometimes i do feel an urge. Its very rare though, and when it is, i go for Shinkai's movies.

Oct 24, 2018 6:21 AM

I love anime that makes me FEEL but I do tend to get pretty emotional.

Oct 24, 2018 6:24 AM

I am specifically searching for those with sad endings. They are my favorites. Even the strongest dramas never managed to make me shed a single tear yet the drama is the genre I love more than any other.

Oct 24, 2018 8:51 AM
Grim Anime Fan

I'm depressed enough. So sad Anime are kinda relaxing and have potential to pour out feelings. (although it's extremely rare when something actually manages to make me teary....)

So yeah.. dark and sad Anime are kinda my jam if done right. But eh.. I watch pretty much any genre.. although do avoid few. (meaning watch rarely)

Oct 25, 2018 11:21 AM

If its good I don't see why not. Sad ending in a good anime is better than a good ending in a crap anime.

Oct 27, 2018 7:52 AM
Yes because I’m not overly emotional when watching sad scenes in anime.

I don’t care whether an ending is sad or happy. What I want is a good ending that suits the series and is conclusive (ie everybody gets closure).
Modified by MeisterDM, Nov 3, 2018 10:31 AM

Oct 27, 2018 8:12 AM

Yes as it's just a show, a cartoon show. Though some endings can be quite sad I normally get over them within a day/

Oct 27, 2018 8:55 AM

I love and live for the drama, but maybe I'm just an emotional masochist too, I dunno.
Although I rarely shed tears, they strongly hit me.

Oct 27, 2018 9:20 AM

Daisetsu-Kun said:
I don't see any reason as to why not watch an anime with a sad ending.

This. Emotions are part of the experience.

Oct 27, 2018 9:29 AM

yes but I don't like endings that turn the entire show into a waste like Chrono Crusade.

Oct 27, 2018 9:52 AM
I love them although End of Evangelion left me in a stupor for like 2 weeks. i could handle Devilman, Clannad, and berserk, but for whatever reason it just fucked me up.

Oct 27, 2018 9:57 AM
I think avoiding sad ending is pretty much okay as the life is not much merrier,But watching sad ending anime kinda makes you strong and tells you how to go through those unpleasant moments

Oct 27, 2018 11:40 AM

At one point I used to be, but that was before the depression kicked in lol. Nowadays I don't think I'd willingly put myself through a misery fest series if I didn't know there was some sort of positive payoff or sense of hope. That was how I was able to get through the Chimera Ant arc of Hunter x Hunter, because as devastating as it was, there were moments to breathe and turning points.

In that same fashion, Clannad has been one of my favorite anime series, but I've only ever watched the second season to its completion once. Granted, I know how it goes and I know that there is a silver lining, but it's that kind of back to back devastation that really messed me up when I was supposed to be focusing on a writing exam, oops.

So short answer is I'm capable, but I try to avoid it if I know it's going to be a guaranteed depression rollercoaster.
me being hit with responsibilities

Oct 27, 2018 11:56 AM
魔王

i really don't like watching sad endings cause i hate crying.

「 花 」

your absence has gone through me
like a thread through a needle — &
everything is stitched with its color

former forum sets ; favorite manga

Oct 27, 2018 12:04 PM

If I watched Your Lie in April, I can watch any anime.
If I cry that means this anime touched me, and I'm willing to watch it for the sake of see a good anime

Oct 27, 2018 12:14 PM

I mean I'll do it, but I hate myself every time.

Oct 27, 2018 12:25 PM

I don't mind the sad ending as long as it is not bad and feels forced. But I really prefer happy endings to sad ones.

Oct 31, 2018 2:22 PM

I hate sad endings
After Whatching X the movie i know i am not made for it
@Mikura39 what a beatiful allelujah x Marie picture i love it :)

Oct 31, 2018 2:48 PM

Sad endings tend to leave a more lasting impression on me. Perhaps I might even sit still for a minute to process it. Love when an anime can do that.
dis sum gud shit

Oct 31, 2018 3:38 PM

If the story itself is something awesome, then yes, i can, even if they bring on the water works.

Oct 31, 2018 3:43 PM

I watch them mostly because I don't know the ending before hand nor do I want to. Plus I don't mind them.

Ramy_Stereo said:
Sad endings tend to leave a more lasting impression on me. Perhaps I might even sit still for a minute to process it. Love when an anime can do that.

I completely agree with this.

Oct 31, 2018 4:02 PM
Top Aidoru ♪

I have in the past and I still am. At times I'm spoiled for the plot and know that it ends badly, I'd still watch the anime to see what the fuss is, especially if the bad ending is infamous for whatever the reason. It may not be fun, nor will it be guaranteed to have proper closure, but I'd at least have a reason to watch something bright and cheerful right after.

Oct 31, 2018 4:08 PM

Well, in life I'm an excessively optimistic guy, so I'm almost never sad. Anime with sad scenes is a way for me to experience this feeling in the comfort of my home while I'm totally fine.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]