Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 20, 2018 3:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah even as in the condition that Juvia is in, she still thinks about Gray. That devotion!

Kinda nice to see some cameos from the Sabertooth Guild. Fat Sting though. Lucy looked great this episode even though her mood isn't so bright; that is until Natsu cheered her up. Felt like a buildup episode especially with the current timeline they're in. Natsu also promises to bring Gray back.

Stark700Oct 20, 2018 3:41 PM
Oct 20, 2018 4:06 PM
Dec 2011
An amazing episode, as always. Fairy Tail never disappoints me with the awesome humor and buildup!! :)
Oct 20, 2018 4:26 PM

Jul 2017
It was okay. Mostly buildup for what's happening with Gray and him joining Avatar. Pacing definitely was solid in this one since it flew by.
Oct 20, 2018 4:42 PM

Nov 2016
Poor Juvia :(

Fat Sting is still a hilarious sight xD

Decent build up episode, but knowing how it plays out I can certainly say that this arc is a waste .

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2018 5:05 PM

Nov 2015
Very enjoyable episode with a great set of pace, with humor, suspense and drama ofc. I liked the fact that the good portion of the focus was on my favourite character Gray. He looks simply amazing and badass with his hair up, I can't wait to see him kicking some ass now. Although I kinda wish his eyes were red like in the chapter cover with the Avatar cult. The animation and scenes look nice.

Seems like Mary from Avatar has a bit of thing going on for Gray. Not surprising, since he's one badass mofo.

Briar is extremely sexy and it's nice to see a lot of variety with tanned skinned girls added in the mix.

Minerva without make up looks fine af.

Lol fat Sting never ceases to amuse me.

Enjoyed Lucy calling out that scrub Natsu on his hypocritical ass about leaving a loved one. Good job girl!

9/10 chapter rating. My favourite episode right now.
Oct 20, 2018 5:14 PM

Oct 2017

SHE'S MADE OF WATER!!! =.=''
every Drip Drip Drop!
Oct 20, 2018 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
Great how it looks worse and worse in every ep never get disappointed
Oct 20, 2018 6:32 PM

Oct 2015
That was the first time seeing Charle without clothes and I must she's one sexy neko.

As for dark Gray I think he's awesome. It seems like Gajeel is excited to arrest Gray, isn't he suppose to show some kind compassion for his former nakama.

Those Natsu/Lucy moments are always beautiful.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 20, 2018 6:34 PM
Oct 2018
This episode was better, because there weren't BS fights

While I see Too much spotlight for Nalu, but they are the mains, so it's expected.

Fat Sting looks better than normal Sting lmao

Excited to see Gray in action. He looks great in that new look.
Oct 20, 2018 7:38 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Cool buildup episode!

Gray really has joined the Dark forces and his obsession with E.N.D has only intensified. Lots of ‘lol’ moments this episode, especially the acceptance of the ‘Bushy’ name and fat Sting, and that’s nice to have. Juvia falling sick though didn’t make any sense to me since she’s always dripping water and is of water element, anyway. *facepalm* Her sung face was glorious though! I wonder what else future Rogue may have told Natsu, if anything more that is.
It was nice to see Gajeel and Pantherlily as well and dat cliffhanger, dang it! Nevertheless, the next episode preview seemed really interesting so I’m looking forward to seeing how that goes!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 20, 2018 8:13 PM

Mar 2016
The enemies don't seem threatening at all. They'd feel more threatening if we either don't get to see much of them as it'd make them a mystery, or we get to see them as people with good intentions whose goals forces them to go against our protagonists.

Why does Grey look like a child when he's stripped down? I think they changed his proportions a bit too much.

I don't like the new loli. Her eyes look like she belongs in a mind-break doujin.

The blond guy in Avatar looks like Grey if he were electrocuted in a Disney cartoon.

Natsu is acting a bit too intense for something small like saving a cat. Just tie him and put him in a cage, or feed him. We all know the cat won't die, and Grey will go back to Fairy Tail like nothing had ever happened.

Gajeel is back. Instead of making me more excited, it makes me kind of disappointed. Not sure why I don't like him.

Lucy really resembles Shiraishi from "Yamada kun to 7 nin no Majo" in this season, but the latter is a much more interesting character. Mashima's student is a much better story teller than him! lol.
Oct 20, 2018 8:17 PM

Mar 2008
Gray gone full emo. lol Natsu gonna knock some sense into him. Also, Gajeel and Levy are back!!
Oct 20, 2018 8:22 PM

Jan 2017
Gyaaah! I saw Charle naked,first time I think I've seen that... But anyways, it was so obvious that juvia was gonna have a fever or something. Her collapse was just beefing to happen.
What happened to m'lady though; last season she was such a "fatale," sharp-eyed and pretty powerful... She even had that transformation -this time round, her eyes have gotten bigger and her personality's seemingly mellowed out as well as appearing more child-like.
FROOOOOSCH! Frisch will single-handedly make me become a weaboo. The kawaii levels are too much for me.... I don't think I've appreciated Frosch in the past (could this be because fairy tail hasn't been around for while?).
I really wanna get into it, so they gotta hurry with easing in the characters. Just generally on with it... I can't wait for what's going down next episode
Oct 20, 2018 8:37 PM
Nov 2013
The episode was really good but I have to say that the pace felt a bit rushy.. When they adapt two chapters they have to fill the episode with fillerish parts or flashback and when its 3 it's rushy so I suggest they would just adapt 2.5 chapters per episode. This is a moderate pace that will let the anime live some time and wouldn't feel rushed
Oct 20, 2018 10:24 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

Felt bad for Juvia, from bliss to distraught. :(

So this is where they're trying in that future Rogue stuff, cool.
I hope Natsu can kick some sense into Gray who's been consumed by his own power. Let's see what happens I guess.

Gajeel and Levy are back too. :)

I always love the way Lucy narrates the PV's for the next episode, I find it very compelling for some reason. xD

Oct 21, 2018 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
In this episode, Natsu looked smart. Until now, I still support NaLu. Their relationship will never be destroyed.

Besides that, Gray doesn't look like a bad person, but looks handsome a lot. XD Poor for Juvia...I hope her prince will come back to her and give an instant healing. //Probably

Overall, I love this episode! I can't wait for the next episode!!
Oct 21, 2018 1:18 AM

Sep 2014
That was a good episode. I had forgotten about fat Sting lol And we saw Avatar where Gray is part of it now. Natsu also revealed what Future Rogue had said to him before he passes away one year ago. Natsu and Lucy are going to infiltrate Avatar while Gajeel is making his move as a member of the Magic Council.
Oct 21, 2018 2:47 AM

Feb 2015
Character interactions are so much fun in Fairy Tail, as always. Kind of a story episode, but looks like things are heating up in the next one.
Oct 21, 2018 3:06 AM

Feb 2018
Faty sting was the best thing about this episode.
Oct 21, 2018 3:59 AM

Jan 2018
Poor juvia also the smug face even when she is very ill

Oct 21, 2018 4:03 AM

Jul 2013
Would have been hilarious if Sting would had remained fat for the end of the arc. Was hilarious in the manga, was equally funny in motion. Minerva without lipstick looks cute.

About Avatar... I prefer to not say anything, tbh.
Oct 21, 2018 5:16 AM
Feb 2018
great episode....the soundtracks are so nostalgic....good to see juvia and gray back....cant wait for the next episode where gajeel and levi comes back..
Oct 21, 2018 5:40 AM

Jun 2014
Slowly, more FT members are making their way back into the show.

Nice buildup, now it looks like we'll get some action next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 21, 2018 5:54 AM

Feb 2013
Frosch was saved, way to go Natsu!
Lol, Gajeel is in the council, that really doesn't suit him.
Oct 21, 2018 6:41 AM

Dec 2014
well not gonna spoil anything as a manga reader...but fairy Tail is all over the place the fight next episode ...hmmm will be appealing
Oct 21, 2018 6:46 AM
Oct 2018
fairy tail just knows what to say when it comes to being funny.
A funnier thing is it all came from the manga
Oct 21, 2018 6:50 AM

Aug 2013
Fat Sting was funny to see.

Gray joining a dark guild whereas Gajeel joins the council.

Oct 21, 2018 7:31 AM

Nov 2015
Leo said:
Fat Sting was funny to see.

Gray joining a dark guild whereas Gajeel joins the council.

Not a dark guild. It's a cult.
Oct 21, 2018 10:11 AM
Apr 2016
Boia it took me three episodes to remember - what was that indecency scandal with Lucy's voice actor? Did it all blow over? Or did they say "nah does not matter" and produced the series either way!? Please respond!!
Re:formed
Oct 21, 2018 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
Now I've seen Juvia with a ponytail and Minerva without lipstick... I can now die peacefully.
Wonder if Gray is actually just acting or if he really got taken over by something. Totally did not expect to see Gajeel working for the good guys, doesn't fit him at all. But most importantly where is best girl Erzaaaaaaaa? :3
Oct 21, 2018 12:42 PM
Oct 2018
papsoshea said:
Damn Sting be eating too many Whoopers. Gray vs Natsu? Should be good.

wait till the real fight later down in the series.This one is just a test of strength
Oct 21, 2018 12:52 PM

Oct 2017
Overall, a pretty good episode.
Oct 21, 2018 1:40 PM

Apr 2015
That poor Juvia :(

So Gray joined the Avatar Cult to find the book E.N.D. and destroy it (or defeat E.N.D. in person). He looks kinda badass though.

Chubby sting was funny, he looked way too much like Droy after the 7 year gap.

Gajeel and Pantherlilly joined the council? Now that's a surprise. Gajeel's smile is gold as always.
Oct 21, 2018 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
Juvia's dream almost came true
Never thought that i could see Gray like this.... he is badass but damn. Can't wait for Natsu to kick his ass xD

Gajeel is part of the council? hahaha oh my xD
Next episode will be epic.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 21, 2018 4:28 PM

Apr 2009
Decent episode but I'm pretty excited by the build up. Natsu and Gajeel are always a fun chaotic combination. Only problem is I don't buy for a second Gray even with any kind of possession or power up can take on Natsu and the rest of the Avatar group seems kind of lame.
Oct 21, 2018 9:53 PM

Jun 2015
animejas said:
It was okay. Mostly buildup for what's happening with Gray and him joining Avatar. Pacing definitely was solid in this one since it flew by.
remember your talking about fairytail.

ep 122, Acnologia kills everyone off, series ends. But no, there a shitty 7 yr timeskip followed by the jigglebutt arc. The characters are superlovable, thats why ppl wtick with this show, its got terrible half assed storylines, and the anime chucks filled arcs not eps entire ass pull arcs!

Atleast gray joining the zeref cult to find and kill END and now with Gajeel working for the govt. and pantsu-riry is a captian like in edolas again. reversing the vegeta trope, this looks to be the best arc, even if not, it looks far from the worst.

how much worse could the avatar arc be? worse then the post timeskip re union arc? the jiggle but arc? the zodiac arc? GMG's nakama asspulls went full retard~!

SO I ask you mangafags again: just how much worse could the avatar arc be?
Oct 21, 2018 9:58 PM

Jun 2015
Teufel said:
Decent episode but I'm pretty excited by the build up. Natsu and Gajeel are always a fun chaotic combination. Only problem is I don't buy for a second Gray even with any kind of possession or power up can take on Natsu and the rest of the Avatar group seems kind of lame.
I think your mistaken between kawaii natsu and the terrifying END.

Corrupted Gray is on par the current hilariously broken natsu. plus, natsu holds back against his friends, gray wont.
Oct 21, 2018 10:04 PM

Jun 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
Faty sting was the best thing about this episode.
NO! it was fro and happy's lil dance.
watching exceeds dance just might be the best thing in the world.
Oct 21, 2018 10:05 PM

Jun 2015
why would the council put levy in the field? wouldnt her dorkniess be of more use in a library?
Oct 21, 2018 11:32 PM

Dec 2013
Gray has gone full edge mode!

Fat Sting was hilarious.
Oct 22, 2018 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
This ep is probably the best among the 3 eps. Many details and many characters re-appear again, Natsu and Gray were so badass in this episode, I hope that fights in the next episode are well-animated.
Oct 22, 2018 2:33 PM

May 2015
Fat Sting is the most powerful Dragon Slayer
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 23, 2018 10:48 AM

Jan 2015
I'm so excited about this! Looking forward on next episode!
Oct 23, 2018 1:16 PM
Dec 2011
ErnaGhoul said:
I'm so excited about this! Looking forward on next episode!

Heck yeah man! Heck yeah! :)
Oct 24, 2018 9:54 AM

Feb 2017
it is so refreshing to look transformation of fairy tail members in recent years

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 26, 2018 3:51 PM

May 2016
Seems like this will be a quickie.. damn
Oct 27, 2018 3:52 PM

Nov 2015
KuroudoAkabane said:
Teufel said:
I think your mistaken between kawaii natsu and the terrifying END.

Corrupted Gray is on par the current hilariously broken natsu. plus, natsu holds back against his friends, gray wont.

You seem to be mistaken yourself since Gray is holding back a lot against this Natsu.
Oct 28, 2018 2:11 AM
Dec 2017
I loved seeing some of my favorite moments from the manga in this episode. Juvia met back up with Natsu, Lucy, and Wendy, Minerva apologized to Lucy, and Sting was...fat. It shocked me so much when I saw him like that.

Also...Gray looked so evil! I love it! It's nice to see these scenes animated.
Oct 31, 2018 4:37 PM

May 2014
Funny to see Sting fat, but they had to put the jokes on us. I suppose it's a taboo that a dragon slayer is fat. LOL. As expected Minerva have changed a lot since she was with Tartaros. Gray as an evil enemy makes him very hot and sexy. Especially with that scar. I was like kyaa when I saw it. >_<

Gajeel as a magic council solider. Now that's the least I would expect. LOL, things have really changed since the guild disbanded.
Nov 12, 2018 9:07 PM

Sep 2017
Damnit Grey, you had so much time to smash best girl Juvia! Fairy Tail never fails to put copious amount of fan service with ridiculous outfits. I suppose a lot of the dudes are pretty hunkin as well lol. This is decent, tho Avatar is basically just another dark guild. Not really sure what they are going for with this arbitrary distinction. Grey is potentially corrupted by some demon crap. Little does he know the thing he wants to kill is actually Natsu.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

45 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 12, 11:55 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.