Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2018 10:12 PM
Aug 2018
This bothers me so much.

Oct 20, 2018 10:14 PM

Dec 2014
ok thus the greatest goblin slayer party was formed... I somehow admire the goblin slayer...the guy must have went through some deep shit to be made like this...still glad that there are people who support him
Oct 20, 2018 10:29 PM

May 2010
GS : Have any champions or lords emerged?
Funny that just few days ago one got ranked up to lord by a slime.

Btw, I'm teamPriestess.
Oct 20, 2018 10:30 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like Beard cutter's party is finally complete! :D

I love everyone in the party, they're all my favorite. Loved their reaction to the cheese. I worried the melted cheese was going to melt off the stick before they ate it. Lizard Priest's reaction was the best.

High Elf Archer is my new fave and she's gorgeous. She's the oldest member. She's their senpai. She's a badass with her archery skills. Nah, actually I like them all, they come as a package.
臭い-
Oct 20, 2018 10:34 PM

Jun 2017
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
Holy crap SAO and Jojo's episode 3 threads have more posts than Goblin Slayer's (as it should be)! How long will that last? Probably not long at all.

Anyhoo, wow I hate ALL of these characters. I hated them in the books, but at least I had the luxury to steamroll through their substance-less character interactions or picture them in more inspired designs (or like Grumpy from Disney's Snow White in Dwarf Shaman's case). But in the anime, it's torture.

At this rate, it's going to take until the first half of the show to wrap up volume 1.

You are seriously wasting your time watching a show you think is torture..

Don't like it then drop it.
Oct 20, 2018 10:56 PM

Aug 2018
"Goblins come from the green moon even though there's no such thing as rocket ships.
Trust me, my sister said that. My dead sister is never wrong!" *cries internally*
- Goblin Slayer

What a terrible show. Besides that, I even haven't mentioned the eye sore with the bad CG every now and then. >_>

Without the fact that Crunchyroll messed up with that PG rating, this show would not get much recognition at all.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 20, 2018 11:10 PM
Mar 2009
Goblin Slayer party walking into the goblin lair,

"We've come to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and nobody has invented bubble gum yet!"

Oct 20, 2018 11:11 PM

Aug 2016
Because they use 3D if they do not even move goblin slayer, I already find it ridiculous and more if it is the protagonist who do that.
Oct 20, 2018 11:23 PM
Dec 2016
Timz0r said:
"Goblins come from the green moon even though there's no such thing as rocket ships.
Trust me, my sister said that. My dead sister is never wrong!" *cries internally*
- Goblin Slayer

What a terrible show. Besides that, I even haven't mentioned the eye sore with the bad CG every now and then. >_>

Without the fact that Crunchyroll messed up with that PG rating, this show would not get much recognition at all.

He doesn't literally believe Goblins comes from the moon. That CG is garbage though. They're better off just reusing art and not animating it at all tbh. It's not even like the scenes they use CG for are animation heavy either.
Oct 20, 2018 11:45 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Demons...*zero fcks given*
Goblins...*TRIGGERED*

Sasuga Goblin Slayer-sama.
Oct 20, 2018 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
That Elf is just titless Sinon.

Oct 20, 2018 11:51 PM

Apr 2018
Best girl is elf girl
And this ep sure was better than the previous one
And didn't they say that goblins come from goblins impregnating girls from an other race or something which means that the underground kingdom is the only logical answear
The use of cgi is as random as it can get
Oct 21, 2018 12:08 AM

Nov 2017
- ahhh... relaxed episode. (even a bit fanservice on there)
- that little elf was so cute with her voice.
- i think whoever who call this anime was so dark... need to see the next episode (not just rate everything from the first episode).
Now Loading.....
Oct 21, 2018 1:06 AM
Oct 2016
That lizardman keeps reminding me of that Overlord Season 2 sex scene.... having a headache again >_<
Oct 21, 2018 1:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid buildup episode!

Goblin Slayer sure hates Goblins with passion! He wouldn’t budge even after hearing that many demons might put on a rampage.
What was with the sorceress though, lol? Was it some roundabout manner of fanservice? Anyway, she managed to lift the spirits of our female protagonist so that’s good. The dinner scene with the new group was relaxing to see, drunk elf sure was adorable. We got a little more info on Goblin Slayer’s sister and I must say that was quite a shocking thought, goblins from the moon.

I’m looking forward to seeing the group kill some goblins next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 21, 2018 3:10 AM

Sep 2018
Even if I had the distinct sensation and lost too much time in the knowledge of the characters and in comic situations, in the end, everything has a certain goal: to deepen certain aspects. Preparation episode, slow, but not as boring as it may appear. Too bad that the quality of the drawings and the animations, are not excelled. The only part of the story in which I got really bored, is the one in which the witch speaks, what a bore!
Oct 21, 2018 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
Loved the episode. Character Development, we got to see the more human side of goblin slayer. Narrative Progression, the crew have been assembled and we are about to enter out first major dungeon. World building, learned a bit more about different races and nice tidbits like how lizard men don't rear animals and have thus never tasted cheese. Foreshadowing, the scroll.

All in all pretty great.
Oct 21, 2018 3:16 AM

Aug 2012
That witch is so laidback.
Oct 21, 2018 3:34 AM

Oct 2018
its refreshing that its a D&D story than a typical mmorpg story that fantasy and isekai anime use a lot
i have a feeling they gonna end it on the
but im not entirely sure

the entire party is here ,seems like there's no "Level" or "Stat" considering the priest is not entirely useless even though she's in porcelain rank ,loving goblin slayer simple intention to just commit genocide on the goblin race ,not just that but he also want to prevent goblin from destroying village so nobody have to experience what he did ,not a "save the world" motivation and i liked it a lot

"Before the Devil destory the world ,Goblin gonna destroy the village .the world is ending is not a reason to let goblin alive"

spoiler
Oct 21, 2018 3:41 AM

Dec 2015
nyihui said:
is it just me, or the character feel really one dimensional and kind of stiff
HereticHunter said:
Does the Elf girl die anytime soon? she's obnoxious as fuck.
They are one dimensional as fuck. Specially the elf girl who is the most annoying of the group.
Do you expect every show to super-develop new characters in the span of 20 minutes or is it just with Goblin Slayer?
joe_g7Oct 21, 2018 4:15 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 21, 2018 3:58 AM
Apr 2017
So there is no any progress this episode? Only setup? Kinda let down
Oct 21, 2018 4:08 AM

Jun 2015
Man, the upcoming fight gonna be so epic. I hope they adapt the next episode good.
Oct 21, 2018 4:09 AM

Oct 2018
Apple_BS said:
So there is no any progress this episode? Only setup? Kinda let down
the story is character heavy ,there's no super big mystery that tie in with the protagonist past(yet) ,

Oct 21, 2018 4:14 AM
Oct 2018
That was an okay episode. Hope they lessen the fanservice, because it takes away the realism and the mood it set up in the first episode.
Oct 21, 2018 4:50 AM

Feb 2014
The Elf, Dwarf and Lizard adventurers are an interesting trio. While the Lizard has a nice calm and respectful personality, the Elf and Dwarf to like to try and take the mickey out of each other with just about anything.

Although seeing the Elf when she's drunk made her ridiculously cute though. We need more of that! =3

Her archery skills were pretty impressive as she took a unusual approach with the bow & Arrow to easily kill the two goblins and a follow-up arrow to take down the wolf. The next episode should be epic if we get to see the whole group in action! =D
Oct 21, 2018 4:54 AM

Jul 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
It's all fine as long as she has the booty in check.
Oct 21, 2018 5:22 AM

Sep 2018
the elf is cute, the sorceress has nice tiddies, and there's a lizard guy! what's not to like? oh, yeah, the cg is still subpar.

i will continue watching though. this series does have me hooked.
Oct 21, 2018 5:32 AM

Dec 2009
People not getting why these characters are one dimensional lol There's a reason they don't even have names actual names.
Then again, the episode was kind of dull. The appeal of the show is the combat after all.
Oct 21, 2018 5:48 AM

Feb 2016
joe_g7 said:
nyihui said:
is it just me, or the character feel really one dimensional and kind of stiff
HereticHunter said:
They are one dimensional as fuck. Specially the elf girl who is the most annoying of the group.
Do you expect every show to super-develop new characters in the span of 20 minutes or is it just with Goblin Slayer?

That doesn't change the fact that the elf is annoying as fuck :^)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2018 5:51 AM

Feb 2016
Inugirlz said:
HereticHunter said:

That aside seems like next week is going to be packed with Action...

I was wondering if that was the point though. They don't even get names. It's just Goblin Slayer, Priestess, High Elf, etc.

well some people have said that, if that's the case, then the High Elf is still going to be annoying, I just hope that either she dies soon or just leaves after this battle.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2018 5:52 AM

Dec 2015
HereticHunter said:
That doesn't change the fact that the elf is annoying as fuck :^)
Heck, whether you like her or not is up to you. I'm not going to force you to like her.

P.S: Unfortunately for you, the Elf is here to stay.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 21, 2018 6:21 AM

Aug 2014
KaiserNazrin said:

From what I read, Kagyuu was based on Sinnon for her appearance.
kofmasterOct 21, 2018 6:25 AM
Oct 21, 2018 6:32 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm so its only going to be 12 episodes. If I'm right the anime will end on the "village attack" part?
Oct 21, 2018 6:35 AM

Jul 2016
kofmaster said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Interesting.

I always thought High Elf Archer's design is somehow based on the Elf Archer from Dragon's Crown...
Oct 21, 2018 6:36 AM

Apr 2017
Lmao, he literally asked them if they're goblins.
cunnysseur
Oct 21, 2018 6:37 AM

Jul 2016
Guranto-kun said:
Hmm so its only going to be 12 episodes. If I'm right the anime will end on the "village attack" part?

From its pacing, it is kinda safe is say it should end at Vol. 2, the

Oct 21, 2018 6:42 AM

Aug 2014
NitroKageAki said:
kofmaster said:

Interesting.

I always thought High Elf Archer's design is somehow based on the Elf Archer from Dragon's Crown...

Could be a mix of both concepts. I also can see the similarities with the dragon crown's elf.

Kagyuu loves to make references, for example:
It is said that Priestess bases her design on the Dragon Quest's priestess

And Orcbolg is because of the sword called "Orcrist, the Goblin Cleaver" from the Tolkien's universe (not confirmed)
kofmasterOct 21, 2018 6:45 AM
Oct 21, 2018 6:53 AM

Jul 2016
kofmaster said:
NitroKageAki said:

Interesting.

Could be a mix of both concepts. I also can see the similarities with the dragon crown's elf.

Kagyuu loves to make references, for example:
It is said that Priestess bases her design on the Dragon Quest's priestess

And Orcbolg is because of the sword called "Orcrist, the Goblin Cleaver" from the Tolkien's universe (not confirmed)

Cool!

Btw wonder if it's possible to create GS and goblin in Soul Calibur 6 character creation? Would like to see GS having his duel of destiny(?) with goblin...
Oct 21, 2018 7:00 AM
Mar 2018
What was so annoying about elf? The only thing I found retarded is bs about her being 2000 years old when she acts like 12 lmao. Oh yeah and withing 2000 years she never drank a wine, right... Apart from that she is not taht bad. Actually that autistic guild girl is more annoying
Oct 21, 2018 7:02 AM

Aug 2014
@NitroKageAki
Someone tried it xD

SNDT said:
What was so annoying about elf? The only thing I found retarded is bs about her being 2000 years old when she acts like 12 lmao. Oh yeah and withing 2000 years she never drank a wine, right... Apart from that she is not taht bad. Actually that autistic guild girl is more annoying

That's because High Elves tend to stay in their territories and are aggresive against other races and cultures. Think about the Deedlit concept of Lodoss even being the oldest of the party, her personality is that a teenager in love for Parn and totally ignorant about the outside world.
kofmasterOct 21, 2018 7:10 AM
Oct 21, 2018 7:15 AM
Mar 2018
kofmaster said:

being the oldest of the party, her personality is that a teenager in love for Parn.

pfff don't make me laught. It's 2000 years, TWO FUCKING THOUSAND years. No matter who you are, where you live it's impossible to have a mental age of a teenager after 2000 years of life experience
Oct 21, 2018 7:19 AM

Aug 2014
SNDT said:
kofmaster said:

being the oldest of the party, her personality is that a teenager in love for Parn.

pfff don't make me laught. It's 2000 years, TWO FUCKING THOUSAND years. No matter who you are, where you live it's impossible to have a mental age of a teenager after 2000 years of life experience

2000 is not too much for a High Elf, you can't judge by a human mindset.

Also... 2000 years of experience... living on a forest without contact with the outside world. High elves are famous for despising other cultures considered barbaric.
Oct 21, 2018 7:19 AM

Jul 2014
kofmaster said:
@NitroKageAki
Someone tried it xD

SNDT said:

That's because High Elves tend to stay in their territories and are aggresive against other races and cultures. Think about the Deedlit concept of Lodoss even being the oldest of the party, her personality is that a teenager in love for Parn and totally ignorant about the outside world.

And the fact she is 2000 years old doesn't mean shit without context , she may not even have reached elven puberty for all we know.
Oct 21, 2018 7:32 AM
Mar 2018
Ramon2000 said:

And the fact she is 2000 years old doesn't mean shit without context , she may not even have reached elven puberty for all we know.

Sure thing, dude, she may be just 2000 yo toddler at this point. Jesus, fanboys sure can come up with excuse for any stupidity instead of just admit that this is stupid.
Oct 21, 2018 7:40 AM

May 2018
SNDT said:
kofmaster said:

people who bring logic to anime doesn't deserve to have internet connection.
Oct 21, 2018 7:43 AM
Oct 2018
Blue_Reaper said:
SNDT said:

Its not logic, its just proper writing, unless the character was indoctrinated into such or never had any real experience. Bringing logic would be like "how could a single fire arrow set the whole tree from ep 2 on fire in seconds?", which I agree is a dumb thing to bring in.

Also, hi you again
Oct 21, 2018 7:45 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode but the next one will be epic!
I'm glad we have more different characters in the party, it makes it even more interesting.

Next episodes will be good, i can see that and i can't wait!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 21, 2018 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
SNDT said:
Ramon2000 said:

Sure thing, dude, she may be just 2000 yo toddler at this point. Jesus, fanboys sure can come up with excuse for any stupidity instead of just admit that this is stupid.

2000 years living under the standards of the elves...
For you 2000 years is a wise person, but for the elves is an infant.

Imagine that 2000 years elves thinks and behave like her, and have no contact with other races that mature at a "younger" age.
generally live more than 10k years.
kofmasterOct 21, 2018 8:12 AM
Oct 21, 2018 7:51 AM

May 2018
OneManMob said:
Blue_Reaper said:

Its not logic, its just proper writing, unless the character was indoctrinated into such or never had any real experience. Bringing logic would be like "how could a single fire arrow set the whole tree from ep 2 on fire in seconds?", which I agree is a dumb thing to bring in.

Also, hi you again

then one piece is the most improper written anime in all time.
come on this thing is a legit trope, it's meant to be entertaining.
she's not the only hundred years old girl who act like a nine year old girl in anime history.
Oct 21, 2018 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
A simple but solid build-up episode. Much better to focus on introducing the new characters and showing the beginnings of their relationship as a party rather than just jumping straight in to more goblin slaying. Also, even though we know all about it already, it was still pretty damn funny to see just how one-minded Goblin Slayer is in that he won't even let the end of the world stop him from living up to his name.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.