Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 21, 2018 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
A nice episode overall.

We got to see more characters being introduced. The meal part with the banter was fun to watch. The elf showed off her skill with that double kill.

Oct 21, 2018 8:10 AM

Feb 2016
joe_g7 said:
HereticHunter said:
That doesn't change the fact that the elf is annoying as fuck :^)
Heck, whether you like her or not is up to you. I'm not going to force you to like her.

P.S: Unfortunately for you, the Elf is here to stay.

welp, I just hope she becomes more bearable then
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2018 8:20 AM

Jul 2013
What the fuck is this? Where's the rape? Lol but seriously I'm glad they're branching out. Sure Goblin Slayer will still hunt goblins but at the very least we have the idea of a demon lord in the table.
Oct 21, 2018 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
Decent, the introduction of the party. I thought the VA for the sorceress was really weird, the voice does really feel like it, but the timing or syncing, that was awkward.
Oct 21, 2018 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
So a calm before the storm and good episode overall. The characters are entertaining too. Next episode will be epic, I hope the animation will improve.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Oct 21, 2018 8:57 AM

Jun 2013
Probably the best episode so far, still not overly impressed though.
Oct 21, 2018 9:07 AM
Oct 2018
Blue_Reaper said:
OneManMob said:

Its not logic, its just proper writing, unless the character was indoctrinated into such or never had any real experience. Bringing logic would be like "how could a single fire arrow set the whole tree from ep 2 on fire in seconds?", which I agree is a dumb thing to bring in.

Also, hi you again

then one piece is the most improper written anime in all time.
come on this thing is a legit trope, it's meant to be entertaining.
she's not the only hundred years old girl who act like a nine year old girl in anime history.

While you do have a point, I feel the need to point out that one piece's tone and setting is wildly different, and that GS takes itself way more seriously than OP does
Oct 21, 2018 9:10 AM

Mar 2017
Finally a light hearted episode with no dark stuffs.
Yousei Yunde, Tokage Souryo and Kouhito Doushi were introduced. A bit of character development was done too.
Last scene, where Yousei shot two goblins with a single arrow and they started to walk towards the goblin nest looked badass.
Oct 21, 2018 9:29 AM

May 2016
Another seasonal waifu lol

The Lizard and Dwarf are pretty funny.
Oct 21, 2018 9:34 AM

May 2018
OneManMob said:
Blue_Reaper said:

then one piece is the most improper written anime in all time.
come on this thing is a legit trope, it's meant to be entertaining.
she's not the only hundred years old girl who act like a nine year old girl in anime history.

While you do have a point, I feel the need to point out that one piece's tone and setting is wildly different, and that GS takes itself way more seriously than OP does

nah, the only serious thing about Goblin Slayer is when he start killing goblins. outside that this anime is actually pretty comical.
Oct 21, 2018 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
allenjke said:
Decent, the introduction of the party. I thought the VA for the sorceress was really weird, the voice does really feel like it, but the timing or syncing, that was awkward.

What i think it the problem was... the weird pauses she does when she... speaks.

Those pauses break the flow of the conversation and make it sound a little weird most likely.

OneManMob said:
how could a single fire arrow set the whole tree from ep 2 on fire in seconds?

GS is a D&D campaign made into [instert japanese medium here] so obviously he rolled a natural 20 /s
Oct 21, 2018 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
Sorceress is super thicc. Gotta complement the thiccness with a sexy voice, right?
Seems like the party is formed, and they’re ready to storm the nest.
Oct 21, 2018 10:36 AM
Oct 2018
[quote=Ramon2000 message=56027106]
allenjke said:

GS is a D&D campaign made into [instert japanese medium here] so obviously he rolled a natural 20 /s

bUt ItS nOt A dNd CaMpAiGn.
Oct 21, 2018 10:37 AM
Oct 2018
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Sorceress is super thicc. Gotta complement the thiccness with a sexy voice, right?

What type of degeneracy did I just read
Oct 21, 2018 10:38 AM
Oct 2018
Blue_Reaper said:
OneManMob said:

nah, the only serious thing about Goblin Slayer is when he start killing goblins. outside that this anime is actually pretty comical.

By looking at it so far, it seems any humor from it is accidental, not incidental.
Oct 21, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
OneManMob said:

Yes, it is. Just need to watch the intro of this episode.
Oct 21, 2018 10:45 AM

Jun 2016
"Hey let's eat and have fun"

Goblin Slayer: "gObLiNs..

This dude hates Goblins to death LMAO.
Oct 21, 2018 10:55 AM

Mar 2016
OneManMob said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

You do realize I’m being ironic and joking here. I hope you are also.
Oct 21, 2018 11:15 AM

Jul 2014
kofmaster said:
OneManMob said:

I think he was joking, but it pretty much is, the dice stuff, the way spells work, and the goblins who come from the Green Moon kek.
Oct 21, 2018 12:17 PM
Mar 2018
Mekiah said:
The new mage/witch lady is hands down the most obnoxious character to have on screen opening her mouth. Really hope they don't bring her back too often. So little is said given how long she spent talking, and the slowness of her speech doesn't add any value. There are much better ways to go about adding mystery/seductiveness without drawing out her lines to take twice as long to say.

wow wow dude, this is the way mysterious and sexy girl should talk
Oct 21, 2018 12:24 PM
Oct 2018
DragonSlayer_19 said:
OneManMob said:

You do realize I’m being ironic and joking here. I hope you are also.

I am, no worries about it ;)
Oct 21, 2018 12:24 PM
Oct 2018
kofmaster said:
OneManMob said:

I know, its just that my peers insisted it wasn't when they got me to watch it
Oct 21, 2018 1:03 PM
Mar 2018
The Gang is here. Cant wait to see what happens next!!!
Oct 21, 2018 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
Speaking slowly seems uncharacteristic for a witch class. It'd make sense if it made her spells more powerful. Otherwise, she's just a burden to the party if her spell casting takes twice as long as the average witch class.

As for the elf, she should've taken pride in not drinking alcohol for 2000+yrs. Why end the streak just because a dwarf looked down on you for it. She hasn't eaten meat, and that never stopped her from only eating veggies.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 21, 2018 2:13 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like next episode is gonna be action packed!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 21, 2018 2:39 PM

Sep 2017
Loves the episode. Loved the part where the guy got cut off haha.

=
Guy:"Miss Receptionist!"
Slayer: "Goblins"
Guy: ಠ_ಠ
Oct 21, 2018 3:08 PM

Jun 2017
SNDT said:
Mekiah said:
The new mage/witch lady is hands down the most obnoxious character to have on screen opening her mouth. Really hope they don't bring her back too often. So little is said given how long she spent talking, and the slowness of her speech doesn't add any value. There are much better ways to go about adding mystery/seductiveness without drawing out her lines to take twice as long to say.

wow wow dude, this is the way mysterious and sexy girl should talk

and that's is how she speak (on the manga) with many pause (or bubble talk) so i think they do quite a good job transferring that into an actual voiced character
Oct 21, 2018 4:05 PM
Jan 2016
The anime production is so meh, which kinda a shame because white fox u can usually rely on with quality stuff. The goblin slayer CGI sticks out like a sore thumb, the color designs and lighting is meh. I'm a reader of the manga so i knew what to expect when came to the characterisation and plot. But still some of the VA is like what the hell, Hikasa Yoko Performance as Majo is mixed bag she's not a terrible VA she solid it further the sound director .... or she not suited for it.
Oct 21, 2018 4:10 PM

Jul 2016
I love Goblin Slayer and all, but sometimes, I feel that they don't need to cramp all that fan-service.

I mean, the other episode, we really didn't need all those "cow girl" naked scenes. A single would've been enough to get the point across that she's... well, "thicc".

I don't want them to remove fan-service. However, I feel that a random shot at a naked girl, multiple times, throughout an episode is really not needed.

Oct 21, 2018 4:17 PM

Oct 2018
Goblin Slayer: aRe yOu gObLiNs
Oct 21, 2018 7:55 PM

Apr 2012
FuMomo-kun said:
...Do elves and dwarfs always need to be rivals? I think it's stupid. In my opinion, only LOTR did a good job with it. Every other elf-dwarf-rivalry needs a Tolkien kick.
Different races can have some sort of animosity or rivalry.

FuMomo-kun said:
he boob bounce was unnecessary. Does she have a rat hidden inside? When the protagonist stared at her breasts, I understood that the woman was supposed to have erotic appeal. The gratuitous bouncing wasn't needed. This type of story, especially, doesn't need it.
She's a seductress who happens to use magic so I'm not surprised if she's using some type of spell to make her more noticeable. She even admitted using powerful spells just for mundane task e.g lighting a pipe.

FuMomo-kun said:
oblin Slayer doesn't take off his helmet because he might get hit in the head, and become unconscious. That is a flawed reason. If you get hit in the head with a helmet on, you can still lose consciousness. Even if you don't faint, you will lose your thinking ability for a while, and that is enough to get you killed.
He's been observed by some to have some sort of autism so I'll give him a pass for that. He could also be hiding who he really is.

FuMomo-kun said:
he protagonist put a blanket over Goblin Slayer, who is wearing full plate armour, with mail (and probably gambeson as well) underneath, and sitting in front of a fire. That is not how you show affection!
It's the thought that counts. An extra layer won't hurt.

FuMomo-kun said:
feel like this story would have been so much more interesting if they removed the unnecessary fan service and replaced the moe girls with older women, who look like they have been (or can be) toughened by battle. And, maybe do some research on armours?
This is an anime of course so there will be cute drawings of girls. Even the source material dictates it. If this was directed by a feminist you'll get what you're expecting and the series would fail miserably. Robust older women in anime = fail.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 21, 2018 7:58 PM
Oct 2018
Goblins finally start getting slayed, music kicks in. Episode ends.
Too much characters that are only slightly interesting not enough goblin slaying.
Oct 21, 2018 8:04 PM

Feb 2017
Oh man, looks like that I have to wait another week
Oct 21, 2018 9:54 PM

Mar 2016
Janethan23 said:
FuMomo-kun said:
...Do elves and dwarfs always need to be rivals? I think it's stupid. In my opinion, only LOTR did a good job with it. Every other elf-dwarf-rivalry needs a Tolkien kick.

FuMomo-kun said:
he boob bounce was unnecessary. Does she have a rat hidden inside? When the protagonist stared at her breasts, I understood that the woman was supposed to have erotic appeal. The gratuitous bouncing wasn't needed. This type of story, especially, doesn't need it.
She's a seductress who happens to use magic so I'm not surprised if she's using some type of spell to make her more noticeable. She even admitted using powerful spells just for mundane task e.g lighting a pipe.

FuMomo-kun said:
oblin Slayer doesn't take off his helmet because he might get hit in the head, and become unconscious. That is a flawed reason. If you get hit in the head with a helmet on, you can still lose consciousness. Even if you don't faint, you will lose your thinking ability for a while, and that is enough to get you killed.
He's been observed by some to have some sort of autism so I'll give him a pass for that. He could also be hiding who he really is.

FuMomo-kun said:
he protagonist put a blanket over Goblin Slayer, who is wearing full plate armour, with mail (and probably gambeson as well) underneath, and sitting in front of a fire. That is not how you show affection!

FuMomo-kun said:
feel like this story would have been so much more interesting if they removed the unnecessary fan service and replaced the moe girls with older women, who look like they have been (or can be) toughened by battle. And, maybe do some research on armours?
This is an anime of course so there will be cute drawings of girls. Even the source material dictates it. If this was directed by a feminist you'll get what you're expecting and the series would fail miserably. Robust older women in anime = fail.

Elves and Dwarves being rivals is done too much. It's kind of boring by now. It may not be so boring if this is your first time seeing it.

I am okay with seductive women with big breasts, but they don't need to bounce, defying Physics, for no reason in a serious genre like this. In a fan service anime, I don't care how much they bounce.

I can tell it was supposed to be sweet when the protagonist put a blanket on Goblin Slayer, but the writers could have thought of something smarter. Blanket on armour is kind of funny.

By older women, I mean women in their twenties or late teens, who are older if you were to compare them to the child protagonist. I am not saying they should remove cute girls. It's just that those girls don't need moe designs as that is normally used in cute slice of life or harem genres. Even if the source material had one kind of design, I think the anime is allowed to change it to fit the story better. Also, if a character lives in a world where they can die any moment, the design needs to match that. (Like Historia from Snk. She's cute and weak, but not moe and colourful.)

I think Evangelion and Code Geass do a better job with balancing fan service, cute characters and a dramatic story. I hate mecha genre, but I fell in love with those two animes.
Oct 21, 2018 10:29 PM

May 2018
FrozenSheep said:
I love Goblin Slayer and all, but sometimes, I feel that they don't need to cramp all that fan-service.

I mean, the other episode, we really didn't need all those "cow girl" naked scenes. A single would've been enough to get the point across that she's... well, "thicc".

I don't want them to remove fan-service. However, I feel that a random shot at a naked girl, multiple times, throughout an episode is really not needed.

Do you consider the naked raped girls as fanservice?
Oct 21, 2018 10:32 PM

Nov 2011
FuMomo-kun said:
Janethan23 said:

Elves and Dwarves being rivals is done too much. It's kind of boring by now. It may not be so boring if this is your first time seeing it.

I am okay with seductive women with big breasts, but they don't need to bounce, defying Physics, for no reason in a serious genre like this. In a fan service anime, I don't care how much they bounce.

I can tell it was supposed to be sweet when the protagonist put a blanket on Goblin Slayer, but the writers could have thought of something smarter. Blanket on armour is kind of funny.

By older women, I mean women in their twenties or late teens, who are older if you were to compare them to the child protagonist. I am not saying they should remove cute girls. It's just that those girls don't need moe designs as that is normally used in cute slice of life or harem genres. Even if the source material had one kind of design, I think the anime is allowed to change it to fit the story better. Also, if a character lives in a world where they can die any moment, the design needs to match that. (Like Historia from Snk. She's cute and weak, but not moe and colourful.)

I think Evangelion and Code Geass do a better job with balancing fan service, cute characters and a dramatic story. I hate mecha genre, but I fell in love with those two animes.

Do you have Autism?
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 21, 2018 10:51 PM

Jul 2008
Hekselka said:
I love Goblin Slayer's weird social behavior.

Guy has been so busy killing goblins that he can't hold a discussion with Priestess.

He doesn't social skills because he didn't spend time socializing. He probably understand goblins more than humans.
Oct 21, 2018 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
.."he fell asleep" when did he drink tho.
Oct 21, 2018 11:43 PM

Oct 2017
I need you guys, who are desperately in love with this holy anime, tell me what's this scene trying to communicate?

I am an uncultured swine, struggling to find the meaning of life in this beautiful world of Goblin Slayer. Please, enlighten me.

EDIT: After finishing the episode properly, I found 5 shots similar to image above.
I also noticed some minor stuff that nobody would probably care about. Such as poor directing, awful writing, and uninteresting dialogue. I mean, most people won't notice that most of the shots are just boring pan and zoom, and incompetence use of camera angle.
itsDesperaOct 22, 2018 12:11 AM
Oct 22, 2018 12:50 AM

Sep 2017
Except for the useless and unrealistic witch and the always-bad-CGI of GS's armor, I kinda enjoyed that episode

And I like the new characters introduced, especially the lizard man
DamuzenOct 22, 2018 12:57 AM
Oct 22, 2018 1:30 AM

Jul 2016
And now the big tits witch gave me a boner. Hope she gives more speeches in that husky voice.
Oct 22, 2018 3:20 AM

Jun 2016
This quite enjoying episode. I like Goblin slayers personality overally but I hope creators expand his personality besides just slaying goblins. I also like the lizard priest and High elf as they are my next favourites characters.

It seems Goblin slayers only hate goblins if Its not goblins he is either killing or confronting. he is quite approachable,civil and can form convertable conversation with people. He is not even jerkass,cruel,Arrogant or any of that. I liking this main character hope they explore more of him than just him killing goblins.

Haha Ainz and Goblin slayers are my favourites type Isekai main characters. Hope Isekai anime produce more of this type of characters

Oct 22, 2018 3:51 AM

Jan 2014
So the Witch was a master of fire magic, hence she could waste a relatively powerfull spell on lighting her kiseru. Master Chief Doomguy Goblin Slayer is known for lighting unreasonably large fires to burn goblin dens. That means the scroll is something like this below right?

Meanwhile Cowgirl has got enough flags waving above her head to hold a rally at Neurenberg.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 22, 2018 4:26 AM

Apr 2013
I've just realized, the voice acting in this anime are not good. The point I get from this ep is Goblin Slayer is a bit autistic I guess? Decent episode
Oct 22, 2018 4:39 AM
Oct 2018
I didn't mind how only two goblins got killed but definitely a good introduction for the other characters
Oct 22, 2018 5:41 AM

Sep 2016
Nectar of the Gods! God I love Sugita's voice acting
Oct 22, 2018 6:12 AM

Aug 2014
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:

Haha Ainz and Goblin slayers are my favourites type Isekai main characters. Hope Isekai anime produce more of this type of characters

But Goblin Slayer is not an isekai xD
Oct 22, 2018 7:16 AM

Oct 2017
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:

Isekai refer to a series where someone get transported to another world, by far everyone seems to have born in the same world so it's not an isekai

Oct 22, 2018 7:58 AM

Jan 2017
Did I hear Aoi Yukki's voice in the begging of the episodes during the God stuff narration?
She's not listed in the voice actresses for this show, here or on other sites nor does she say she voices this show in her twitter feed.

If its true maybe she will voice a character, maybe a female goblin if it exists, would be cool.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.